Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy (50346 Views)

Nyekachi Douglas Reacts As Toni-Ann Singh, Miss Jamaica Wins Miss World / Zozibini Tunzi Wins Miss Universe 2019 (Photos, Video) / Manushi Chhillar, Miss India Wins Miss World 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by olab059(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

What's black about that lady ??

I live in the USA and I've seen​ all shades of Black people, the light skinned ones, the curly hair ones, every type of Black people

Jidenna is light skinned but you don't need a prophet to tell you that he's black

Drake is also a black man with light skin

Tania omotayo

Tekno

These are different color of black people that are light skinned

That lady right there is not anything black, not even mixed, not even a mulatto

You might as well call Donald Trump a black person

Maybe she feels black inside. Why would she abandon white privilege and embrace her black part if she doesn't feel black inside. Mariah Carey is also very white outwardly, but she is black inside.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Bnladan(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2017
youngest85:
Mtchew
this bitch ain't black angry
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by olab059(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2017
bignero:

angry testerone ke? Their too aggressive subconsciously..and they must always show attitude with pride imo the over do things...blacks in general especially Americans..I loved ice cube, but the way he over does his attitude in his films..Which isn't far from the character of some blacks is sickening.

But these organisers sef.it obvious they want to be all embracing, but there's not much blackness about this lady, she looks purely Latin, and isn't all that beauty wise

True. And Samuel L. Jackson too. They might think they are getting good movie roles, but those white movie producers would just be at one corner laughing their butts off at the black man making a fool of himself on a grand scale. L. Jackson is even a great actor, so that one I can still stand, but Ice Cube with the whole mean mugging and forming gangster ain't cool for some movie parts.

3 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by megareal: 10:04am On May 05, 2017
She is not black grin
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by ogobaby23(f): 10:22am On May 05, 2017
When Obama became president the blacks were claiming him as their own even though he was half white and half black.

Why are they making noise in this case?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by buffalowings: 10:30am On May 05, 2017
traware:
@OP The average black american woman is always "mad" and agressive because they have a high level of testosterone in their bodies.So i am not surprised when they get "mad" at nothing not even worth getting "mad" at

Somehow you too believe the streotype

Stop posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Originalsly: 10:31am On May 05, 2017
bignero:

angry testerone ke? Their too aggressive subconsciously..and they must always show attitude with pride imo the over do things...blacks in general especially Americans..
Bro.... listen to yourself... lots like you be storming the American Consulate praying and hoping to get a Visa.... wishing to travel and live anywhere in the US. The very Akatas you are talking this trash about are the very ones that use their 'subconscious aggressiveness and over the top pride' to fight for basic human rights and Civil Rights for Blacks and others including Jews in the US.... they are the ones that made it possible for you to enter any hotel as long as you can pay etc.. and the fight is still going on... they have been leveling the playing field in the US. What have you been doing to level the playing field in Nigeria? Akatas stand up and fight for their rights and the rights of others in the US. Look in the mirror... where is your Rosa Parks?...your Martin Luther King jr ?.... your Malcolm X?...your Rev Sharpton?... your Tupac?...your Blacklivesmatter?.... you would be wise and more conscious should you listen to Fela rather than watching TV and becoming a self hater and don't even know.
@topic....Black Beauty...perception...if you look White.. you are White. She looks White therefore she should not be crowned Miss Black. .. even so... she looks like any ordinary White persoj.. what on earth is beautiful about her?..her color?..she is more beautiful than all the Blacks? Unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Amberon: 10:33am On May 05, 2017
Isn't the Nigerian girl black? Did you even read your comment before typing? That's like a
EddyNumerouno:

But when a Nigerian girl won Miss teen Iceland, you all were celebrating. I smell double standards.

She has 'black' in her genealogy, so that qualifies her
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by lozanni(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2017
This is the problem mixed race children always face. They are neither accepted by whites or regarded as kin spirit by blacks.
The late musician Prince once spoke of the dejection he felt while growing up, his father was black but he had a white mother. He was not accepted by the blacks, whom he felt he belonged to and was equally treated with contempt by whites, which left him totally confused and unhappy with himself.
I think we should learn to accept all humans for whom they are and not categorize them by the color of their skin.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by naturefellow(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2017
Yesterday was March 3? Oh I didn't know!
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Amberon: 10:44am On May 05, 2017
The bolded just shows that you missed the point. It is not about a black person winning beauty pageants in Asia. If the pageant was meant for every race, a black can win it but a black person CANNOT win a "white Asian pageant show".
marabout:

Very invalid.

Our own dear Agbani won Miss world, how many Chinese women (around 700 million people), Indian women (around 620 million people) and many other non-black people can look up to Agbani in their own world?

I for one from a pure vanity point of view find a black to slightly light skin tone lady most attractive. It does not mean that I'd not admire a pretty Caucasian or Asian lady.

,Blacks or mixed race kids are winning beauty pageants in Japan, Iceland, etc.

We ourselves must try to avoid double standard, because we easily complain about others doing it.
People need to build their self-esteem by themselves (in the family, community, etc), nobody else will do it for you.
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by martineverest(m): 11:02am On May 05, 2017
Revolva:
mum is white while her dad is half white and half black.

wow she aint even half black.....well thats america problem to me she aint black....at all

look by environment ryan giggs maria carey scofield nicole richie are white..folks to me......i dont label dem black cos they dont think black....
remove mariah
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Ednut009(m): 11:03am On May 05, 2017
Amberon:
They have every right to be angry tho. This woman is 75% white. How can she represent black beauty when she obviously has more white genealogy than black. She's not even half cast.

she's quarter cast
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by martineverest(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
which Giggs?? Abi you just want to post rubbish? undecided
my guy,ryan giggs is british sierra leonian.....google it

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 11:04am On May 05, 2017
olab059:

Maybe she feels black inside. Why would she abandon white privilege and embrace her black part if she doesn't feel black inside. Mariah Carey is also very white outwardly, but she is black inside.

White privilege ?? Tell me more about it

My broke ass white friends need that"white privilege"
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Bitterleafsoup: 12:20pm On May 05, 2017
Youpele52:
Black Americans are more racial than whites.
Ridiculous statement
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Bitterleafsoup: 12:24pm On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

White privilege ?? Tell me more about it

My broke ass white friends need that"white privilege"
White privilege for example 3 of your white friends can go into the Gucci Store without much of a eye service but 3 black men can not.
Some landlords like Donald Trump refuse to rent to people of color etc;
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 05, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
White privilege for example 3 of your white friends can go into the Gucci Store without much of a eye service but 3 black men can not.
Some landlords like Donald Trump refuse to rent to people of color etc;

All of my black friends shops at Versace, Dolce and Gabanna, Sephora, Saks fifth avenue

My white friends can't go in there

Try again

Black people owns Trump towers all over New York

Take your ignorant ass to school

This is not 1932
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by AkinPhysicist: 12:28pm On May 05, 2017
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Bitterleafsoup: 12:35pm On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

All of my black friends shops at Versace, Dolce and Gabanna, Sephora, Saks fifth avenue

My white friends can't go in there

Try again
You sound ridiculous. I grew up around white people my whole life. I hung out with Blacks mostly and I have seen the difference when I shop with white friends and black friends. I worked in the Gucci Store on Rodeo while I was at UCLA so stop talking trash like you know.

Keep insulting yourself on this beautiful day... See miserable people.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by marabout(m): 1:58pm On May 05, 2017
Amberon:
The bolded just shows that you missed the point. It is not about a black person winning beauty pageants in Asia. If the pageant was meant for every race, a black can win it but a black person CANNOT win a "white Asian pageant show".

You missed the point.

I purposely put Japan & Iceland. Not France, UK or Canada and others with a long history with black people.

Japan is one of the most homogeneous countries in the world. A country where a minister of tourism, Nariaki Nakayama just 9 years ago was frustrated to confess that Japanese do not like foreigners. And was forced to resign. Japan Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone said something similar back in 1986. Despite having an aboriginal Ainu people in Northern Japan, they do not see themselves as needing diversity. Going by that the face of Japan should not be black or mixed race. But everyone is deliberately trying to be inclusive.

If a person with 1% black blood feels black, who are we to dictate how they should feel about themselves?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Amberon: 3:31pm On May 05, 2017
Shes not, quarter cast is 25% white. This lady is 75% white.
Ednut009:

she's quarter cast
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 05, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:

You sound ridiculous. I grew up around white people my whole life. I hung out with Blacks mostly and I have seen the difference when I shop with white friends and black friends. I worked in the Gucci Store on Rodeo while I was at UCLA so stop talking trash like you know.

Keep insulting yourself on this beautiful day... See miserable people.

You worked in a Gucci shop in the hood

There's a difference between black people and Niggas
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Smartademu(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2017
Make dem rub am charcoal for body na!
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by kechywillz(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2017
If she accepts her race as black no yawa but she looks 100% white

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady’s Body Transformation Photos Got Men Talking / Do You Have A Low Bumbum Or Saggy Butt And A Big Stomach? Check In Here / Tailors Strike Swiftly As They Re-create Knockoff Version Of Ebuka's Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.