Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Lets Analyze This Hadeeth - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lets Analyze This Hadeeth (5735 Views)

Explanations On Hadeeth Soheeh, Hassan And Doeef / Hadeeth On Marriage / Stop Spreading This Alleged Hadeeth On The Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 6:32am On May 05, 2017
The following hadeeth is in sahih bukhari and Muslim, and I will be commenting on important points bi idhnillaahi ta'ala ...

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Masood (ra), who said:

He was one of the companions of Muhammad(ﷺ), not only was he a companion, but a scholar too amongst the companions, he is among the four companions the prophet(ﷺ) recommended we take the Qur'an from....

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), and he is the truthful, the believed

This shows the prophet was known to be truthful and he was believed, he was never doubted, unlike today where we have some so called Muslims who disbelieve in the narrations of the prophet they claim to follow, many of them are on NL too, they pick what suits them, may Allaah guide them and us to the truth.....

narrated to us, “Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother’s womb for forty days in the form of a nutfah (a drop), then he becomes an alaqah (clot of blood) for a like period, then a mudghah (morsel of flesh) for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows his soul into him

It was from hadeeth such as this, the scholars rahimahumullaah wa hafidhohumullaah(for the dead and those alive respectively) inferred that the human life starts after 120days which is approximately 4months and some days(since the Islamic calendar that is with Allaah can have 29 days or 30 days depending on the moon). So some of the scholars are of the opinion that abortion is permissible if its not up to 120days but it shouldn't be done if there is no reason for it, maybe you were told you will be at risk if you give birth to that child and so on......while some are of the opinion that medical problems or not, you can abort if you wish since its not yet living...

But the superior opinion with me and the strongest many students of knowledge I know together with their teacher follow is the first...

Although I was also told that some scholars hold the second opinion, but I don't think I've seen any personally..... And Allaah knows best....

To be continued

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 6:34am On May 05, 2017
and who is commanded with four matters: to write down his rizq (sustenance),

This shows that our sustenance has been written before we were born, that is why as Muslims we shouldn't because we want sustenance do things that angers Allaah, whatever sustenance you want to get should be legit, in Islam there is no such thing as "the ends justify the means" like we have some deviant sufis say, in Islam the end and the means must not be against Islam, we find in silsilah ahadeeth saheehah of imam Al-albaani that the prophet was reported to have said: Even if the son of Adam were to flee from his sustenance like he flees from death, his sustenance would still reach him just like his death will reach him

So whatever will be yours will be yours, make sure you amass them legally....

his life span,

This has also been written before we've been born, that is why as believers we don't believe anyone can kill us if its not our time and when someone dies its actually his time, we shouldn't be like some of the Yoruba people who believe that certain set of people died before their time.....if it had been written that one will be killed by a plane, even though he has never entered it before, the day he is suppose to die through it, someone will pay for his fare, and if he doesn't, the plane might land on his roof and kill him....

his actions

On this some have gone to extremes saying our actions are forced on us, this is false, we are given free will to choose right from wrong, but the actions itself has been written, you are now the one to choose whichever you want..... Simply The belief of Ahlul-sunnah wal jamaa'ah is that a person has freedom of will, and hence he will be rewarded or punished. But his will is subject to the will of Allaah, and nothing can take place in the universe that is not willed by Allaah.

We can also say that we have the choice to follow whatever path we want but at the end of this path you will find what Allaah has decreed for you, this is a correct view. Allaah says:

“Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful”(al-Insaan 76:3)

“And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?”(al-Balad 90:10)

“And say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve”

Ibn Taymiyah (rahimahullaah) said, explaining the view of Ahlul-Sunnah with regard to man’s deeds:

People act in a real sense, and Allaah is the Creator of their actions. A person may be a believer or a kaafir, righteous or immoral, he may pray and fast. People have control over their actions, and they have their own will, and Allaah is the Creator of their control and will, as Allaah says:

“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight.

And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”(al-Takweer 81:28-29).

and whether he will be happy or unhappy (i.e., whether or not he will enter Paradise).

It also shows that whether we will be in Paradise or not has also been written, some might think then what's the point of all our works? Let me relate a hadeeth where the sahabas asked the same question.

"The Messenger of Allaah(ﷺ) came out to us with two books in hand. And he said:'Do you know what these two books are?' We said: 'No, O Messenger of Allah ! Unless you inform us.' He said about the one that was in his right hand: 'This is a book from the Lord of the worlds, in it are the names of the people of Paradise, and the name of their fathers and their tribes. Then there is a summary at the end of them, there being no addition to them nor deduction from them forever.' Then he said about the one that was in his left: 'This is a book from the Lord of the worlds, in it are the names of the people of Fire, and the name of their fathers and their tribes. Then there is a summary at the end of them, there being no addition to them nor deduction from them forever.' The companions said: 'So why work O Messenger of Allah! Since the matter is already decided (and over)?' He said: 'Seek to do what is right and draw nearer, for indeed the inhabitant of Paradise, shall have his work sealed off with the deeds of the people of Paradise, whichever deeds he did. And indeed the inhabitant of Fire, shall have his work sealed off with the deeds of the people of Fire, whichever deeds he did.' Then the Messenger of Allah motioned with his hands, casting them down and said: 'Your Lord finished with the slaves, a group in Paradise, and a group in the Blazing Fire.'"

And why some are destined for guidance and the other way round? Let me narrate another hadeeth.

"Allaah created His creation in darkness, then on the same day He sent His Light upon them. Whoever was touched by His Light on that day will be guided and whoever was missed will be led astray. Hence I say: the pens have dried in accordance with the knowledge of Allaah, may He be glorified."

Both hadeeths are in tirmidhi, I can't remember the reference for a certain hadeeth and how it was related, but I remember it talked about Adam and Musa(peace and blessing be upon both of them) arguing, and Musa blames Adam for causing his offspring to be expelled from Paradise, Adam refuted him by saying "why blame me for a matter which Allaah had decreed for me before the creation of heavens and earth?"

So the issue of Qadar is very sensitive, we've been given little from it, so we shouldn't go to extremes, affirm what was affirmed and don't go beyond that, most importantly, belief in Qadar be it good or bad.

To be continued

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Alennsar(f): 7:15am On May 05, 2017
oyA continue m reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 7:18am On May 05, 2017
By the One, other than Whom there is no deity,

Here is a lesson for us, we don't swear by anything other than Allaah, you don't swear by your father's grave or mothers grave or your grave that you'll eventually enter like some Yoruba people do, swear with Allaah's name or keep shut.

verily one of you performs the actions of the people of Paradise until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him, and so he acts with the actions of the people of the Hellfire and thus enters it; and verily one of you performs the actions of the people of the Hellfire, until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him and so he acts with the actions of the people of Paradise and thus he enters it

As for this part, many have misunderstood it, as it applies to the one who does not do deeds with sincerity and faith, rather he does deeds of the people of Paradise as it appears to people only.... in otherwords, riyaa(showing off, and not doing deeds for Allaah's sake) as is explained in another version of the hadeeth where the prophet added that he is doing the good deed so people will see him.....

As for the one who does the deeds of the people of Paradise in a real sense, sincerely and on the basis of faith, Allaah is too just, merciful and generous to let him down at the end of his life......

Allaah says;

“Allaah will keep firm those who believe, with the word that stands firm in this world, and in the Hereafter. And Allaah will cause to go astray those who are Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers), and Allaah does what He wills”(Ibrahim 14:27)

“As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths (i.e. Allaah’s religion — Islamic Monotheism). And verily, Allaah is with the Muhsinoon (good-doers).”(al-‘Ankaboot 29:69).

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 7:39am On May 05, 2017
That's the little i know concerning the hadeeth...

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by chynie: 11:30am On May 05, 2017
why cant Muslims write in English and don't use all those Arabic(or whatever language they use) so that a layman can understand them just like the Christians and the Bible.

now how do they convert ppl that don't understand them to their religion undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Mujaheedeen300: 11:40am On May 05, 2017
Jazakallaahu khayr.....u try ooooo,kudos
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by chynie: 11:46am On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

You aren't forced to comment. You sound very stupid with this comment. Was the bible original written in English? Muslims stick to the original context in which the bible was written unlike the storybook that has been edited by all and sundry in different editions.

Shalom
No I don't sound stupid, is a question I know is in the mind of many.
I would love to understand the religion better cos I have good friends there, who are exactly opposite all the bad things ppl link the religion to.
But I prefer to read it and study privately, just like I do the bible, but the language is a constraint(big one)
If It can be translated and not edited that will help a lot, cos hope u know a word in the qurah, can mean a lot when a layman translates it to English.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Horo(m): 11:53am On May 05, 2017
jazakallahu khairan
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 11:54am On May 05, 2017
chynie:

I would love to understand the religion better cos I have good friends there, who are exactly opposite all the bad things ppl link the religion to.
But I prefer to read it and study privately, just like I do the bible, but the language is a constraint(big one)
If It can be translated and not edited that will help a lot, cos hope u know a word in the qurah, can mean a lot when a layman translates it to English.

Rahimahumullaah means may Allaah have mercy on them

Hafidhohumullaah means may Allaah preserve them

The first is used for the dead and second for the ones alive...

ﷺ means may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him(Muhammad).

Ahlul-sunnah wal jamaa'ah: the people of sunnah(following the traditions of the prophet) and the main group of Muslims following the pristine Islam as revealed...

You'll agree that it'll be stressful typing all that every time...

Anyway is there any other term I've not translated?

4 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by ollah2: 11:55am On May 05, 2017
chynie:

Nope you aren't interested in the religion and don't write trash to safe face. If you are, Nairaland isn't the place to learn about it. Secondly, the context of your words says completely otherwise.

Regarding the bad things linked to the religion, if you had read more then you will knw that most of these things are politics.

Lastly, if reading the Quran is a problem for you cos of the language, there are loads of English version in hard and soft copies.

So bro, you aren't interested in understanding anything about the religion.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by chynie: 12:04pm On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

Nope you aren't interested in the religion and don't write trash to safe face. If you are, Nairaland isn't the place to learn about it. Secondly, the context of your words says completely otherwise.

Regarding the bad things linked to the religion, if you had read more then you will knw that most of these things are politics.

Lastly, if reading the Quran is a problem for you cos of the language, there are loads of English version in hard and soft copies.

So bro, you aren't interested in understanding anything about the religion.
I don't need to save face, rather u do.
I can learn anything anywhere if chance presents itself nairaland included
the bad thing I have read is not politics cos I have seen some for myself
thank you for the information about the other versions, I will check them out
Finally I think you lack knowledge about the religion yourself cos u rather fight and curse than explain reasonably

4 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by ollah2: 12:14pm On May 05, 2017
chynie:

I don't need to save face, rather u do.
I can learn anything anywhere if chance presents itself nairaland included
the bad thing I have read is not politics cos I have seen some for myself
thank you for the information about the other versions, I will check them out
Finally I think you lack knowledge about the religion yourself cos u rather fight and curse than explain reasonably

Whatever floats your boat. Your comments says it all that you are trying to save face. You mid throwing more light on the emboldened.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by chynie: 12:26pm On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

Whatever floats your boat. Your comments says it all that you are trying to save face. You mid throwing more light on the emboldened.
I don't have to explain anything to you, u are not new in world.
But be civil in your dealings with ppl especially non Muslim, so that u can at least add a good impression to cancel a million already existing bad impression about the religion.
U were quick to attack the Bible calling it story book, thinking I want to attack you.
Be guided
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 05, 2017
chynie:

If you must conquer a people, language is the first thing to attack.

Even God understood this. As we read in the story of the tower of Babel, God put different languages in the mouth of the people so they became divided.

You never truly become part of a people unless you can speak their language. Likewise, you never truly 'owns' a religion unless you know its language.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by ollah2: 12:33pm On May 05, 2017
chynie:

I don't have to explain anything to you, u are not new in world.
But be civil in your dealings with ppl especially non Muslim, so that u can at least add a good impression to cancel a million already existing bad impression about the religion.
U were quick to attack the Bible calling it story book, thinking I want to attack you.
Be guided
Shalom

I need you to explain so I can lecture you on what's stuck in your head about the religion. You choose to believe whatever you want and the "bad impression" is also part of it.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by chynie: 1:12pm On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

I need you to explain so I can lecture you on what's stuck in your head about the religion. You choose to believe whatever you want and the "bad impression" is also part of it.
Sorry study privately by myself like I said.
Moreover I don't think u will make a good teacher u have inbuilt anger grin

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Tefs(f): 3:18pm On May 05, 2017
may Allah increase everyone of us in knowledge nd grant us beneficial knowledge as well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 05, 2017
^^ Na'am people should ask for beneficial knowledge, many tend to forget that the knowledge should be beneficial, what's the usefulness of a knowledge that does not benefit both the people and the possessor...
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by b03liberty(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

Hello brother, in as much as you are trying to make the thread free from derailed, I don't think all these harsh and ungraceful words are necessary . maybe this will explain more of my point

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah,
peace and blessings be upon him, said:
ﻋَﻠِّﻤُﻮﺍ ﻭَﻳَﺴِّﺮُﻭﺍ ﻭَﻟَﺎ ﺗُﻌَﺴِّﺮُﻭﺍ ﻭَﺇِﺫَﺍ ﻏَﻀِﺐَ ﺃَﺣَﺪُﻛُﻢْ ﻓَﻠْﻴَﺴْﻜُﺖْ
Teach others, make things easy, and do not make
things difficult. When one of you is angry, he
should remain silent.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 10:25am On May 06, 2017
As-Salam Aleikum to everyone

I need someone to explain the content of the attached picture.

PS: I'm not trying to go off-thread but I urgently need someone to shed more light.
Jazakallahu Khair

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Mofpearl: 10:38am On May 06, 2017
Harbioye:
As-Salam Aleikum to everyone

I need someone to explain the content of the attached picture.

PS: I'm not trying to go off-thread but I urgently need someone to shed more light.
Jazakallahu Khair

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Drawing/ printing of animate object is prohibited in Islam. However, there is a difference of opinion on whether pics stored in phones ( not printined) come under the same ruling. What the content is saying is that pictures stored in phones don't come under the ruling of photographs ( so it isn't prohibited). That's the opinion islamqa follows but some other scholars think otherwise.

I hope I amde sense. I am a lil busy right now.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Newnas(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2017
Some big scholars of our time such as Sheikh Abu Ubaydah Mashoor Hasan Aal Salman are of the opinion that Pictures taken on phone etc are not Haram because they are not tangible and may be erased with ease.
Though they all agree that pictures of nudity etc are all Haram irrespective of the medium.

However, what seems more correct, reliable and safer is that it is Haram because all these pictures fall under the word 'suwar' translated as pictures or images. The messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam prohibited suwar, he didn't exempt any of the above.

This is the opinion of Imam Albany and Imam Ibn Baaz, the greatest scholars of our era.

Allah knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 10:44am On May 06, 2017
Mofpearl:

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Drawing/ printing of animate object is prohibited in Islam. However, there is a difference of opinion on whether pics stored in phones ( not printined) come under the same ruling. What the content is saying is that pictures stored in phones don't come under the ruling of photographs ( so it isn't prohibited). That's the opinion islamqa follows but some other scholars think otherwise.

I hope I amde sense. I am a lil busy right now.

Yea.
What I'm driving at is that, can I take pictures of myself or any other animate thing without printing it.
You can reply me when you are less busy
Thanks
I really appreciate.
Though, I stopped taking pictures buh to be candid, it's not been easy
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 10:53am On May 06, 2017
Newnas:
Some big scholars of our time such as Sheikh Abu Ubaydah Mashoor Hasan Aal Salman are of the opinion that Pictures taken on phone etc are not Haram because they are not tangible and may be erased with ease.
Though they all agree that pictures of nudity etc are all Haram irrespective of the medium.

However, what seems more correct, reliable and safer is that it is Haram because all these pictures fall under the word 'suwar' translated as pictures or images. The messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam prohibited suwar, he didn't exempt any of the above.

This is the opinion of Imam Albany and Imam Ibn Baaz, the greatest scholars of our era.

Allah knows best.

Really appreciate
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Mofpearl: 11:00am On May 06, 2017
Harbioye:

Yea.
What I'm driving at is that, can I take pictures of myself or any other animate thing without printing it.

You will have to read up on both opinions and determine which opinion you think is more likely to be correct.
A general rule of thumb is when scholars differ we can follow an opinion that is
1) Safer or
2) Expert scholar- so for example if the scholars differed regarding an hadith. We can chose to follow the scholar who is an expert in hadiths. Or
3) Follow the easier opinion
4) Follow the scholar that seems more righteous.
1 & 2 are better than 3&4

Though, I stopped taking pictures buh to be candid, it's not been easy

I think you took a great step by stopping pics ( at least till the issue is clearer to you). It's never easy trying to change a habit but it gets easier with time. I recently deleted all photos on my phone because I remembered the hadith that the most severly punished are the image makers. To me, keeping pics for a few memories doesn't worth the risk. So I went followed the safer opinion which is to stay away from it. But like I said you will have to read about the arguments on both sides.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Newnas(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2017
Harbioye:

Really appreciate
You are welcome brother.
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2017
@ Mofpearl and Newnas
Thanks a lot
At least, I know I can always count on Nairaland Islamic Section when I'm kinda lost.
Jazakallahu Khair
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Newnas(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2017
Harbioye:
@ Mofpearl and Newnas
Thanks a lot
At least, I know I can always count on Nairaland Islamic Section when I'm kinda lost.
Jazakallahu Khair

Aameen wa iyyaak.

You might not be this lucky next time, there are many deviants on this forum like AlBaqir the Shia, and Empiree the Sufi etc. AlhamduliLlah, there are Sunni brothers like me and LexiconKabir and MrOlai etc

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Empiree: 12:41pm On May 06, 2017
Newnas:

Aameen wa iyyaak.

You might not be this lucky next time, there are many deviants on this forum like AlBaqir the Shia, and Empi.ree the Sufi etc. AlhamduliLlah, there are Sunni brothers like me and LexiconKabir and MrOlai etc
what can I do for you sir?
Re: Lets Analyze This Hadeeth by Newnas(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2017
Empiree:
what can I do for you sir?

Shun bidah and stick to the sunnah as understood by the companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum and those who follow them in goodness.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are These Muslim Countries So Peaceful? / Consequences Of Zina: A Grave Sin Requiring Repentance / Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.