Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. (18252 Views)

Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors / Chewing Stick Sold As "Organic Toothbrush" Overseas / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by dokiOloye(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2017
dingbang:
In Nigeria.. Federal govt will build hospitals without equipments.. Foolishness.
big biiiiig empty buildings.
I can authoritatively tell U that d 3 bedroom flat hospital I worked in b4 NYSC is more equipped than the accident and emergency department of an FMC where I currently work.
U can't imagine d number of avoidable deaths,health deterioration etc.
Will soon quit clinical practice so I don't lapse into permanent depression.

4 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Ipfreely: 9:29am On May 05, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
Most Doctors do not even know best drug combination for their patients yet they are busy making lots of noise. Other professionals like Pharmacists, Radiographers,Nurses don't make this kind of noise. They are attention seekers. Let them go abeg

Troll spotted. Probably big, black and snot nosed.

3 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by SycophanticGoat: 9:30am On May 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Can you imagine after the parent must have spent millions training a child, when will he reap the fruit not to talk of giving back to the parent

He's based in Abuja. As at that time he was earning 70k, he was even squatting with his friend who has other friends/relatives living with him. My bro was crashing on the floor at times. It even gets worse if the Guy's gf visits and whenever that happened, my bro would go crash in the hospital and probably do by force night duty.. The guy is not doing bad in his own business presently tho..

Medicine is even better. What about engineers who end up jobless or earn as little as 30-50k in Indian and Pakistan owned firms and earn as little as 20simething K teaching in schools?

2 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by dingbang(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2017
dokiOloye:
I can authoritatively tell U that d 3 bedroom flat hospital I worked in b4 NYSC is more equipped than the accident and emergency department of an FMC where I currently work.
chai... Dats the problem.. They carry all these stolen monies and build gigantic buildings to evade efcc's eye

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Afonjashapmouth: 9:34am On May 05, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

He's based in Abuja. As at the time he was earning 70k, he was even squatting with his friend who has other friends/relatives living him. My bro was crashing on the floor at times. It even gets worse if the Guy's gf visits and whenever that happened, my bro would go crash in the hospital and probably do by force night duty.. The guy is not doing bad in his own business presently tho..

Medicine is even better. What about engineers who end up jobless or earn as little as 30-50k in Indian and Pakistan owned firms and earn as little as 20simething K teaching in schools?

Thats why Nigerians needs to move out of talk zones and be.proactive. We need to go fully into asking physical questions from our leaders

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by 2bam: 9:43am On May 05, 2017
what do you expect when the country is not encouraging,inshort am tired of this country self.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nobody: 9:44am On May 05, 2017
SoberDisciple:
Let's privatize this country.
Hahahahaha hahahahaha naaa
I Love U

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by bayelsaowei(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2017
SoberDisciple:
Let's privatize this country.
very useless..
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nickizoe(f): 9:51am On May 05, 2017
deflover:

Are u OK
So dey shouldn't earn a living
Funny u are a Lady
Na una go first cry if a man can't provide
Na una go say na love we go chop
Guys go hustle u call am greed
Mumu tin

Hahahahah
Are you okay??
Must you mention me?
Whats your bidnez with my post?
Is it your koncyn?
You just want make i notice you?
Oya i have noticed you!
Ewu!

FYI, when i said greed i meant the greed of our govt not paying our doctors...

Idiot like you
Dont quot me again fool

Respect your self here and mind your bidnes.

Better try to comprehend other peoples post before you quote em

I can't get pissed at you cuz am.at work..

Ewu!..

PS, i will relocate too if i were a doctor here also.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by deflover(m): 9:55am On May 05, 2017
Nickizoe:

Hahahahah
Are you okay??
Must you mention me?
Whats your bidnez with my post?
Is it your koncyn?
You just want make i notice you?
Oya i have noticed you!
Ewu!

FYI, when i said greed i meant the greed of our govt not paying our doctors...

Idiot like you
Dont quot me again fool

Respect your self here and mind your bidnes.

Better try to comprehend other peoples post before you quote em

I can't get pissed at you cuz am.at work..

Ewu!..

PS, i will relocate too if i were a doctor here also.

You cant get pissed at me cos u are work
So what the shit u wrote up there
U are on dick ba
Work it well ok grin grin
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nickizoe(f): 9:57am On May 05, 2017
deflover:

You cant get pissed at me cos u are work
So what the shit u wrote up there
U are on dick ba
Work it well ok grin grin
smiley
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Revolva(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2017
Nigeria is loosing it big time..what a waste ful nation

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Rick9(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2017
Nigeria should be recolonised for another 100 years

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by buffalowings: 10:24am On May 05, 2017
Wait I want to follow better someone on this thread but I can't find the follow button

Oga seun mynd44 farano why?
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ctex4real(m): 10:27am On May 05, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
Most Doctors do not even know best drug combination for their patients yet they are busy making lots of noise. Other professionals like Pharmacists, Radiographers,Nurses don't make this kind of noise. They are attention seekers. Let them go abeg
Really? They dont know drug combinations? So why do they get accepted in Western nations to practice? Stop beefing them sweetheart
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ctex4real(m): 10:28am On May 05, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
Really? They dont know drug combinations? So why do they get accepted in Western nations to practice? Stop beefing them sweetheart wink

3 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by buffalowings: 10:33am On May 05, 2017
dokiOloye:
U can't imagine d number of avoidable deaths,health deterioration etc.
Will soon quit clinical practice so I don't lapse into permanent depression.

sad sad

Getting a latex glove is a problem

Everything is just depressing

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by muscleunited(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2017
i dont believe this.. the number should be higher now!! see the price of lady care ohh

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by zhyzhy: 10:48am On May 05, 2017
Lol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

Na now una eyes de open. Mtcheeeew! Johesu ti take over! May we receive uncommon sense!

;DLol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

Na now una eyes de open. Mtcheeeew! Johesu ti take over! May we receive uncommon sense!
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ogbonoeba: 11:10am On May 05, 2017
I'm a practicing physician consultant in New York City metro area. If there are any young doctors interested in relocating to the US, contact me.

3 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ziga: 11:22am On May 05, 2017
The biggest problem with Nigeria is corruption and greed. And it cuts across every part of the country.

Every human being is opportunistic and will take advantage of the other. It is the same in developed countries as well.

They, however, are able to function because they have systems that keep the human greed and corruption in check.

This is what we do not have. No judiciary or law enforcement. The corruption has killed those systems and until we fix that system, we will continue to run around in circles.

I must say that people have started to be more aware though.

2 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by DEEDEE111(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2017
so true....its not even about the salary alone. I used to work at federal medical centre in a south western state... sometimes you will get to s emergency room, no basic things like methylated spirit, gauze and cotton wool! No light, no oxygen..and you are expected to perform magic... I have since relocated to Lesotho where things are perfectly working... in addition, What I earn in a week here is more than what I used to earn in a month in Nigeria.. Here in Lesotho( a country of just 2 million) we have up to 30 Nigerian Doctors..imagine the number in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, swaziland , Malawi etc.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by peacesamuel94(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2017
can a BMS graduate do the same.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by oluwafemi3790(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2017
That is brain drain. Nigeria will gain her lost glory back one day
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by phineas: 12:56pm On May 05, 2017
There is no brain drain in Nigeria.Put an advert out today for clinical doctors and get your inbox overwhelmed with applications.

The truth is there is insufficient employment for those on ground.So the offers will always be poor.Also add the depressing work conditions. A lot of naija medics I know have been on antidepressants at one point or the other. Drs will always travel till these issues are addressed.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Dollabiz: 1:53pm On May 05, 2017
Lol
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by paradice: 2:13pm On May 05, 2017
Nma27:
Jesus is the ultimate Healer.

You are dumb for that statement!
When you get sick and nobody is there to ease your sufferring you will know Jesus is the only healer
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by richywhales(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2017
How many doctors graduated ?

Chai make we dey fear Nigeria Hospital be that ooo.

Na the ones wey no pass remain. grin grin
[/quote]
Lol....or d ones wey no get enough money to precess dir travelling.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 05, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

He's based in Abuja. As at that time he was earning 70k, he was even squatting with his friend who has other friends/relatives living with him. My bro was crashing on the floor at times. It even gets worse if the Guy's gf visits and whenever that happened, my bro would go crash in the hospital and probably do by force night duty.. The guy is not doing bad in his own business presently tho..

I also heard that new lawyers earn between N25k to N35k. That is just so wrong

Even the N70k your bro was earning is too low for a doctor

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by desy24444(m): 2:51pm On May 05, 2017
I will say not just the medical profession alone. Almost all the players in the industry are leaving. Nurses, doctors, pharm and so on.
Working conditions poor
Dominance of one profession over others
Inadequate remuneration
No/less incentives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Born With Short Umbilical Cord(specialadvice) / Ekiti Teaching Hospital Locked Down, People Are Dying (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.