Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. (18253 Views)

Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors / Chewing Stick Sold As "Organic Toothbrush" Overseas / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 05, 2017
paradice:

You are dumb for that statement!
When you get sick and nobody is there to ease your sufferring you will know Jesus is the only healer
Nawaoo, so I cannot praise Jesus in peace again bikonu? May God forgive u for that insult
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by blackcezar(m): 3:25pm On May 05, 2017
Its quite disheartening but true, The situation in Nigeria is pathetic. After working in a government hospital for years
I left last year to work in the UK, and all I have asked myself is-how did I manage back home.
The situation in Nigeria is pathetic, the pay is nothing compared with what some other African countries pay, the training program is now a shadow of itself, hospitals equipments are grossly dilapidated, there is a constant struggle between doctors and other allied health professionals which has affected the quality of care. Power supply is still very epileptic- most of the vaccines which should always be below a certain temprature cannot be kept cold. A lot of investigations that are a big deal/unheard of in hospitals are routines here. The worst of all is the very poor emergency services available, that's why almost everyone that has a heart attack in Nigeria never survives. Its shouldn't be so, Nigerians have a right to to enjoy proper medical care. It will surprise you what countries like Namibia,botwana etc have

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 4:18pm On May 05, 2017
AntiWailer:
How many doctors graduated ?

Chai make we dey fear Nigeria Hospital be that ooo.

Na the ones wey no pass remain. grin grin

Hahaha. On a serious note, EVERY doctor is way above average, to have been able to become a doctor. The ones who couldn't, fell along the wayside in medical school. The exams postgraduate, is designed to make you fail in Nigeria. Take for example, the last national surgery primaries of which more than a thousand took, less than 20 or so passed. Why? Simply that they have a rubbish quota system. Let's not even discuss residency or the rubbish working environment or dreadful pay.
I always laugh at you guys when you deride doctors at every opportunity on nairaland. By the grace of God, this mass exodus should not stop soon so you will feel what we feel, then I guess you will sing a different song.
By the grace of God, I should also leave this country before next month runs out. When I do, I am never setting foot to practice on this country till possibly next 20-30 years. Virtually all my close friends are making active effort to leave. I guess the unlucky ones would be the females, especially those married to non-doctors. The situation is so bad that even Senior Registrars and Consultants are leaving.
Oya Come Make We Go!!!!! (In 2baba's voice)

2 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 4:27pm On May 05, 2017
pazienza:

grin
Not true. Some of the good doctors due to family entrapment decide to stay rather than travel. Some stayed because of financial difficulties, as most of those foreign exams don't come cheap, and before they know it, they had already gone far in residency training here, and don't want to leave the country again.

So, it's not as straight forward as you made it look.
Registering for the Kaplan Step 1 preparation, which I am doing currently takes $12000. I haven't even included accommodation, flight tickets and then the subsequent Step 2 courses or the exam fee proper. But by the grace of God, come next two years March, I would be relaxing in relieve at securing a residency.
There are a whole lot why the ones staying are staying.
When I was starting my HJ, my SR told me to make active plans to leave. I didn't want to leave this shores initially, but after practicing for sometime, I really saw the need. What do you think when virtually all of your seniors tell you 'leave, leave, leave now while you can'?
More than 50% of doctors in this country between 25-40 would leave in the next boat, not even plain, if they can.

2 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 4:29pm On May 05, 2017
Buchiano50:
Who need those abortionists? lipsrsealed
I no kuku dey gbadun hospital again since my gay friend start to produce Dr.Iguodo Goko cleanser grin
In which civilised country don't they do abortion, talkless of Nigeria where it isn't legalised? Is abortion always about unwanted pregnancy and removal? What about cases where it is to save the mothers life?
Take note, I don't support abortion, except where it is to save the mother's life
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by SycophanticGoat: 4:32pm On May 05, 2017
CFCman:

I also heard that new lawyers earn between N25k to N35k. That is just so wrong

Even the N70k your bro was earning is too low for a doctor

Seriously?? I even thought that lawyers earn more than doctors.. SmH shocked shocked
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by salford: 4:46pm On May 05, 2017
uzoclinton:
In a country where its hospital lack electricity, equipments, etc and salaries are bin owed Doctors' I'm not surprised atall.. infact I think MDCN reduced the numbers to save face.. it should be more than 17,000.....

Nigeria is in trouble And the sad thing is it may never get better and this is because when given the chance, the Abused almost always become Abusers.....
but these doctors were also trained in the same environment where the hospitals lack those equipments.lol
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by salford: 4:50pm On May 05, 2017
ogbonoeba:
I'm a practicing physician consultant in New York City metro area. If there are any young doctors interested in relocating to the US, contact me.
scammer.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 05, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Seriously?? I even thought that lawyers earn more than doctors.. SmH shocked shocked
The SANs may earn more than doctors but there are only relatively few SANs in the country. In fact, a friend of mine told me that new lawyers are mostly tasked with administrative duties. The same could be said for America where fresh lawyers are increasingly tasked with performing paralegal duties
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by pazienza(m): 6:30pm On May 05, 2017
ElPhoche:

Registering for the Kaplan Step 1 preparation, which I am doing currently takes $12000. I haven't even included accommodation, flight tickets and then the subsequent Step 2 courses or the exam fee proper. But by the grace of God, come next two years March, I would be relaxing in relieve at securing a residency.
There are a whole lot why the ones staying are staying.
When I was starting my HJ, my SR told me to make active plans to leave. I didn't want to leave this shores initially, but after practicing for sometime, I really saw the need. What do you think when virtually all of your seniors tell you 'leave, leave, leave now while you can'?
More than 50% of doctors in this country between 25-40 would leave in the next boat, not even plane, if they can.

True life story of a Nigerian Dr. That SR told you the truth, too bad it took you passing through first hand experience to figure it out. Atleast you have figured it out now and are making plans to leave, you are also in position to advise upcoming Drs. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by sshalom(m): 6:43pm On May 05, 2017
Statistics that call for concern.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 8:01pm On May 05, 2017
zhyzhy:
Lol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

Na now una eyes de open. Mtcheeeew! Johesu ti take over! May we receive uncommon sense!

Paid big salaries? Hmmm. I no get yarn for you. Even at that, ee no be doctor, ee no be doctor
;DLol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

Na now una eyes de open. Mtcheeeew! Johesu ti take over! May we receive uncommon sense!

Big salary? I won't even argue with you a bit. Oya 'ti takeover'.
Ee no be doctor, ee no be doctor. tongue tongue
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2017
pazienza:

True life story of a Nigerian Dr. That SR told you the truth, too bad it took you passing through first hand experience to figure it out. Atleast you have figured it out now and are making plans to leave, you are also in position to advise upcoming Drs. I wish you the best.
My plans to my friends coming up- graduate, do it house job while making active plans to leave, leave and leave. Hahahahahaha. Are you a doctor too?
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by SycophanticGoat: 9:16pm On May 05, 2017
CFCman:

The SANs may earn more than doctors but there are only relatively few SANs in the country. In fact, a friend of mine told me that new lawyers are mostly tasked with administrative duties. The same could be said for America where fresh lawyers are increasingly tasked with performing paralegal duties

What does it take for one to be awarded that title "SAN" as a lawyer? Does it take several years of practice or does it have to do with one moving from a lawyer to a judge and then to a SAN? Don't get it tho..

By the way, thought I heard that real estate lawyers earn well, especially Abuja based ones..
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 05, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

What does it take for one to be awarded that title "SAN" as a lawyer? Does it take several years of practice or does it have to do with one moving from a lawyer to a judge and then to a SAN? Don't get it tho..

By the way, thought I heard that real estate lawyers earn well, especially Abuja based ones..

To become a SAN, a lawyer should have been licensed to practice law for no less than 15 years, and had made at least one appearance before the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Ipfreely: 10:06pm On May 05, 2017
zhyzhy:
Lol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

;DLol! I laugh in Hebrew! I thought doctors are our problem in this country! They are paid big salaries and drain the little money patients have. They are a bunch of ingrates and are not needed! What the doctor can do, the non doctors/ paramedicals can do better! All they know how to do is strike, strike strike! They should all leave the country for all I care! Lol!

Yet another troll spotted. Anatomically probably closer to an Ogre, but probably wouldn't know the difference. Definitely slimy and pot bellied. Thrives on detritus and general gore.
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by pazienza(m): 10:06pm On May 05, 2017
ElPhoche:

My plans to my friends coming up- graduate, do it house job while making active plans to leave, leave and leave. Hahahahahaha. Are you a doctor too?

Arrgh, you put me on the spot. Don't usually like discussing my private life on this forum, too many psychos out here.

Ibu onye Igbo?

1 Like

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by pazienza(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2017
blackcezar:
Its quite disheartening but true, The situation in Nigeria is pathetic. After working in a government hospital for years
I left last year to work in the UK, and all I have asked myself is-how did I manage back home.
The situation in Nigeria is pathetic, the pay is nothing compared with what some other African countries pay, the training program is now a shadow of itself, hospitals equipments are grossly dilapidated, there is a constant struggle between doctors and other allied health professionals which has affected the quality of care. Power supply is still very epileptic- most of the vaccines which should always be below a certain temprature cannot be kept cold. A lot of investigations that are a big deal/unheard of in hospitals are routines here. The worst of all is the very poor emergency services available, that's why almost everyone that has a heart attack in Nigeria never survives. Its shouldn't be so, Nigerians have a right to to enjoy proper medical care. It will surprise you what countries like Namibia,botwana etc have

I heard Namibia is fast becoming a hot cake for Nigerian Drs

2 Likes

Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by SycophanticGoat: 12:19am On May 06, 2017
CFCman:

To become a SAN, a lawyer should have been licensed to practice law for no less than 15 years, and had made at least one appearance before the Supreme Court.

OK.. Thanks
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by Realtouchnot: 5:28am On May 06, 2017
ogbonoeba:
I'm a practicing physician consultant in New York City metro area. If there are any young doctors interested in relocating to the US, contact me.

I sent you an email via nairaland. I'll appreciate if you reply me ezekwesiri4real@gmail.com
Re: 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. by ElPhoche(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2017
pazienza:

Arrgh, you put me on the spot. Don't usually like discussing my private life on this forum, too many psychos out here.

Ibu onye Igbo?
Hmmm, abu'm onye igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Born With Short Umbilical Cord(specialadvice) / Ekiti Teaching Hospital Locked Down, People Are Dying (Photos) / Neuro-psychiatric Hospital Aro, Ranked As Nigeria’s Best Hospital, 6th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.