Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President (24467 Views)

Osinbajo's Speech As He Visits Plateau State, Promises 10 Billion Naira / Acting President Prof. Osinbajo Speech At Abuja For Biafra @ 50 / Counter Thread Of Osinbajo Speech At The Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Pinnacle(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2017
What I enjoyed most about the speech was the sincerity of the vice president. He reeled out areas where the present government is doing well especially in agriculture (specifically grain production) and I also heard statements like " we are doing well in Rice and Sorghum... we are not doing well in maize production... we hope to be better". This is how leaders should talk.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 05, 2017
It is the fool whose own tomatoes are sold to him.

That stage. What source of electricity are they using for the event? Are they not generators?
Before this government came to power, we use to bought a basin of garri N1500 sometimes less than that here in port harcourt. But now, from N3500 to N4000 a basin of white or yellow garri it depends on type you want. Every week the price of food stuffs are climbing up.

Government of lies and blames.

We tired of being lied to by APC government from in and out of Aso Rock.

2019 everyone will answer his/her family name.

Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by awesomet1(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2017
BIGTinfotech:
PMB should be glad he has a man like Osinbajo as VP. Smart and humble. If it was Atiku. PMB don comot tey tey sef.

Gbam!
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Samexdx(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2017
Damidave1124:
Space booker
Modified. Your are handsome. Is that really your picture?
Oga I no be gay oo
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Damidave1124(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2017
Samexdx:
Oga I no be gay oo
Yea. Am not a gay too
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 05, 2017
awesomet1:

Gbam!
God bless GEJ for that law.
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Ebenezer049(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2017
Mynd44:

So which of the participants told the most lies? Min Fin Adeosun, VP Osinbajo or Ex-Governor Peter Obi?

Who came to the stage without notes to spew stats that he dug out from his backside and didn't care that most of them were half-truths, ballat lies and outdated reports?

Please lets be serious here

I was there live and direct. The only thing we need to do is to pray for the country.
In all honesty, i really appreciate Peter Obi with the information and counsels he gave Finance Minister, Kemi.

The Finance Minister courage and sincerity in calling Peter Obi back was, to me, fantastic. She wanted to assure PO of solutions to his points.
LASTLY, VP came to inform us their efforts so far.

To me, over all, none of them was insincere.
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 05, 2017
Samexdx:
Oga I no be gay oo
Fear of 14 years at the bleeding bars.
God bless GEJ for the law.
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by AyamConfidence(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2017
Damidave1124:
Space booker
Modified. Your are handsome. Is that really your picture?
gay spotted
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by AyamConfidence(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2017
Samexdx:
Oga I no be gay oo
abi you no see how the guy be like who wan use lines for you?
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Icon79(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2017
Nigerians and their tendency to drop silly statistics without showing us how and when the studies were done. They just pull these numbers from their *you know what* and drop them like it's hot, with nothing to back them up.

I expect our supposedly educated Vice President to know better.

O pari

presidency:
10 Things We Learned From Vice President Osinbajo’s Speech at The Platform event organised by Covenant Christian Centre in Lagos on May 1, 2017

1. From the point of view of the recession, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Inflation is slowing; government revenues are being boosted through fiscal discipline and tax reforms; fiscal, monetary, FX and trade policies are being aligned.

2. Through the CBN’s Anchor Borrowers Program the Federal Government has been able to provide financing for the production of about 5 million tons of rice so far. The goal is for Nigeria to produce all its rice locally by the end of 2018.

3. By improving fertilizer supply, and fertilizer application methods, farmers have seen crop yields double from 2 tons per hectare to 4.5 to 5 tons per hectare (up to 9 tons per hectare in some states).

4. Fertilizer is now N5,500 per bag, roughly half its usual price, thanks to the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative — which has also so far created 50,000 direct jobs and 120,000 indirect jobs.

5. The Federal Government has registered 60% of civil servants on the Integrated Personal Payroll Information System (IPPIS), and removed 58,350 ghost-workers from the payroll, resulting in savings of N92.47bn between January 2016 and April 2017.

6. Through the CBN’s Anchor Borrowers programme, the Federal Government is providing financing for hundreds of thousands of farmers. On the back of this, local rice production has almost tripled. In 2016, Nigeria imported only a tenth of the volume of rice it imported in 2015

7. One of the key ambitions of the Muhammadu Buhari Administration is to ensure that Nigerians grow what we eat and make what we use.

8. The Federal Government has set aside N50bn for improving existing Special Economic Zones and establishing new ones, to support industrialization.

9. Through the reform work of the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC), the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is implementing reforms that have made the process of business registration easier and faster.

10. To improve power supply, the Federal Government has approved N701bn as payment guarantee to Generation Companies and Gas Producers.
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Olurote(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2017
Fertilizer 5500 per bag? Something I bought 7500 per bag last week? Fear God nah!
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by manitoba(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2017
I can categorically say number 5 is a big lie from the pit of hell among others. The current government may be on its way to make Nigeria better but they tell lies a lot. It's merely lip service that has been paid to focusing on Agriculture by this government. I however have hope that things can get better.
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by Samexdx(m): 9:57am On May 06, 2017
AyamConfidence:
abi you no see how the guy be like who wan use lines for you?
Lols...
Re: Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President by TijaniAbu: 11:05am On May 06, 2017
10 things to learn from watching Osinbajo at Covenant Christian Center

1) Osinbajo is a fake pastor

2) Osinbajo is a fake professor

3) Osinbajo is a dwarf midget

4) Osinbajo ia a robber

5) Osinbajo is a liar

6) Osinbajo has mismanaged the economy

7) Osinbajo has no respect for Nigerian workers

cool Osinbajo's god is devilish looter Chicago Druglord Tinubu

9) Osinbajo is a hypocrite

10) Osinbajo will never be president of Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke / Presidential Order: Taskforce Starts Towing Of Trucks And Trailers On The Roads / 1,081 Boko Haram Members, Senior Commanders Surrender In Bama, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.