Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's (386 Views)

Ikorodu Residents Mob Bimbo Cash, Steal Food Items Meant For Donations / Two Nigerian Men Die As The Drug They Swallowed Burst During A Flight [Photo] / Two Nigerian Ladies In Europe Fight Each Other Brutally At A Camp. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 05, 2017
Two Nigerian officials have been jailed for selling food aid meant for people fleeing militant attacks and food shortages in the country's north-east.

The two sold 180 bags of rice donated by an international aid agency, the court in Maiduguri, Borno State, heard.
They were jailed for two years and fined 1m naira ($3,200; £2,500) each.

More than two million people have been displaced in north-eastern Nigeria where security forces are battling Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

The prosecution of the two officials was brought by Nigeria's anti-corruption agency, the EFCC.

Umar Ibrahim, a local councillor, and Bulama Ali Zangebe, a member of a camp feeding committee, are said to be the first convicted for corruption in relation to food aid in Nigeria since the insurgency began in 2009.
Africa Live: Updates on this and other stories
'We survived Boko Haram but face starvation' Why piles of cash keep turning up in Nigeria.

The rice had been donated by the Danish Refugee Council for victims of insurgency in the town of Mafa, and had been marked as not for sale.

The two admitted the charges against them but told the court that the rice was about to expire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39817893
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 05, 2017
Why did sharia law not stone them to death like the almajinrins who steal goat?Is it because they are connected to buhari and daura of dss?
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 05, 2017
Their pics will also do justice.
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by NOC1(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2017
comshots:
Why did sharia law not stone them to death like the almajinrins who steal goat?Is it because they are connected to buhari and daura of dss?

you are a fool does there crime require capital punishment? you guys should stop heating up this country with hate speech, when it will happen non of there children will suffer. if you doubt how many of them lost their kids during the civil war, how many of their kids stopped going to school then, when the civil war whose kids came back to Nigeria to head several organisations and ministry...? just be careful youths.

moderator you can punish me i hate all this religious and tribalistic idiots.

before you say rubbish i am a christian and an Igbo.
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by Khd95(m): 3:36pm On May 05, 2017
comshots:
nothing will ever please ur lots

pls does their crime warrant capital punishment?
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 05, 2017
Khd95:
nothing will ever please ur lots

pls does their crime warrant capital punishment?
NOC1:

you are a fool does there crime require capital punishment? you guys should stop heating up this country with hate speech, when it will happen non of there children will suffer. if you doubt how many of them lost their kids during the civil war, how many of their kids stopped going to school then, when the civil war whose kids came back to Nigeria to head several organisations and ministry...? just be careful youths.

moderator you can punish me i hate all this religious and tribalistic idiots.

before you say rubbish i am a christian and an Igbo.
When that Christian woman used Quran to pack shit, why was she stoned to death by Muslims? Hypocrites.
Re: Two Nigerian Officials Jailed For Selling Food Aid Meant For Idp's by NOC1(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2017
comshots:

When that Christian woman used Quran to pack shit, why was she stoned to death by Muslims? Hypocrites.

I am not justifying what the did (muslims)

1. How do the two crime relate?

2. was the woman tried in a court of law?

(1) (Reply)

Are There Good Experiences With The Nigerian Police / NDLEA Arrests Ghanaian Man And Accomplices, Intercepts N60m Worth Of Cannabis / Troops Repelled Attack In Pulka And Bitta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.