Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H (1188 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by july123(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2010
An immigrant carried out a knifepoint attack to be deported back to a war-torn African country - because he found Britain worse than his homeland.

Kasiba Misigaro, 21, who was living off state handouts, had asked the immigration services to send him home but they did nothing - despite him having been convicted of 21 offences over the past five years.

So he pulled a knife on an African friend hoping to be deported, believing he will have a better life back in Burundi, one of the ten poorest countries in the world.

Misigaro targeted Isce Akanbi, 40, last month in West Ham tube station in east London.

He threatened Mr Akanbi with a knife before taking two mobile phones and a wallet.

Mr Akanbi and two friends pursued Misigaro and eventually he dropped the stolen items, along with his weapon. Police arrested him at the scene.

He told officers: 'I only did it because I wanted to go home. I don't want to be here.'  He insisted he did not intend to stab the victim, only frighten him.

More,

* Pictured: The Albanian immigrant gang free pose with high-powered machine guns on Bebo and YouTube
    * Passenger forced off Detroit-bound plane after shouting 'I want to kill all the Jews'

James Lofthouse, prosecuting, told Inner London Crown Court: 'He was on benefits, hates being in the UK, has no interest in working or integrating, has no money, and would commit further offences if he remained here.

'He said he had already approached the immigration services about going to Burundi but they didn't seem particularly interested in assisting.'

Judge Simon Gerald remarked: 'If we put him on a plane I imagine he'd like that too.' 

Charles Langley, defending, said: 'This is a rather unusual case, where the defendant wants to be sent back home. I would seek that your honour makes a recommendation for deportation.'

The court heard Misigaro has amassed convictions for 21 offences in the last five years and was completing an unpaid work order for his last crime, an attempted robbery, when he committed this offence.

Judge Gerald said it was a 'very serious offence', aggravated by the fact Misigaro was on a community order at the time.

Misigaro, of Plaistow, east London, admitted robbery and was jailed for three years.
He will be automatically deported at the end of his sentence.
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by platinumnk(f): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
lol seriously. . . . why wasnt his visa expired from the first crime?
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by DisGuy: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2010
platinumnk:

lol seriously. . . . why wasnt his visa expired from the first crime?

perhaps it wasn't enough to send him back home- Britain is soft touch on crime human right yada yada yada

I swear I love this country you can get everything for free really, including a free ticket back home grin
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by platinumnk(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2010
^^ how can he commit that many crimes and not send himback?

I think its because they didnt have any planes to Burndi lol grin grin grin
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by igbonla(m): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2010
Hope they don't send him to naija when they finally decide to deport him? In the sight of those fools, every black criminal is a Nigerian!!
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by Seun(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2010
He could have just turned himself in as an illegal immigrant. He didn't have to add another crime to it.
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by bluespice(f): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2010
Seun:

He could have just turned himself in as an illegal immigrant. He didn't have to add another crime to it.
a simple phone call would have proved otherwise grin
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by Seun(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2010
bluespice:

a simple phone call would have proved otherwise grin

How so?
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by bluespice(f): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2010
his passport number sent to the immigration people, check it and his status will show.
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by ichommy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2010
Seun:

Yes SEUN you are right, the guy made a mistake
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by AngieFan(f): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2010
Seun:

Or he could have simply gotten a job to pay for his ticket back to Burundi or saved up his benefit money and been on his way. The ungrateful lazy RoosterDrinker! I bet he didn't want to leave but knew his time was up after all the crimes he had committed and so started to front like he wanted to leave anyway. What an !diot!
Re: Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H by AngieFan(f): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2010
Nigeria wasn't mentioned anywhere in the article posted so calm down. The British conquered the world and so surely they know the difference between their former British colony, Nigeria and a former Belgium one, Burundi. grin grin grin

igbonla:

Hope they don't send him to naija when they finally decide to deport him? In the sight of those fools, every black criminal is a Nigerian!!

(1) (Reply)

India And Philippines / Shark That Ate 600 US Sailors / For The First Time, He Wnts To Use A Flight. Any Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.