Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Tenant(lawyer) From Hell - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant(lawyer) From Hell (13896 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Goldenheart(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2017
grin
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by FearFactor1: 7:15am On May 09, 2017
ajalawole:
u dey mind the op, how lawyer go hold me to ransom ontop my own house

Negodi

Na bull crap. House I suffer build.

But we also need to hear the lawyer side of the story o...

1 Like

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by 9niceguy(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2017
Follow due process
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by millhouse: 7:15am On May 09, 2017
No time for all that... I recall one tenant giving me headache in warri town.. I jus went there and remove the roof of the property..He was occupying the first floor flat (though it was due for replacementb) , it was during rainy season.. Omo them no tell the man before him carry him bag run.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Suko110(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2017
Serve him notice and reasons for d notice copy ur area command , and d nearest police station(s) , wen d time expires use police 2 evict d bastard , if this does not work just sit back and wait for karma grin it never disappoints . I won't advice wasting money on court proceedings .

2 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Trapnews: 7:17am On May 09, 2017
mayorjosh:
I remember how my dad showed one of his tenets about three years ago who was forming bad guy. He didn't want to leave and still sued my dad for disturbing his privacy

That's how my sister who is a lawyer just told him to tell the court that he wanted the man out because he wanted to give it to me his son as a birthday gift(which was not true lol!)

He won the case and the man park comot and paid the four months he owed(imagine owing four months rent of a house in ikeja where rent is gold)

You might modify this and give the court a better reason. Remember the court will always want to be in your interest

Bye it's my birthday nairalanders show some love
You seem comfortable with your family's decision... You are a bad product, I blame your Dad undecided
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by nwabobo: 7:20am On May 09, 2017
Suko110:
Serve him notice and reasons for d notice copy ur area command , and d nearest police station(s) , wen d time expires use police 2 evict d bastard , if this does not work just sit back and wait for karma grin it never disappoints . I won't advice wasting money on court proceedings .

You can't use police to evict a tenant. It's illegal and no police will go on such duty.

1 Like

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by patola080(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2017
GoodSamaritan:
Get a very good lawyer from the Office of the Public Defender for FREE and sue him. If you have a good case and a good lawyer you will return richer than you are.
u re right dat is wot people are using here in osun state I tell you within a week or a month u will be happy again
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by mayorjosh(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2017
Trapnews:

You seem comfortable with your family decision... You are a bad product, I blame your Dad undecided

It was the only way we could get that man out

Do you know those kind of educated people who are always shouting like they're the only ones who went to school?

And I later got the apartment sef last year but I just get the rent that's it

Trust me,if you're a landlord in Lagos, you'll understand the reason behind the notion because tents are fucking stubborn

3 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by waledeji(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2017
Use traditional method to get the i_diot out of your property, it won't cost you more than 5k, pm me if you are interested grin grin grin
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Itanna: 7:23am On May 09, 2017
U better don't try going to court. It is a total waste of time. The law protects d tenant over d landlord. I had a case where my tenant absconded for 2yrs without handling over d key to me with his properties still in his apartment. I approached d magistrate court to grant me force opening. After about 5 months of court attendance, lawyer's fees, I lost d case. I had to do it my own way without directly breaking d law.
Start from disconnecting his light and water. If he doesn't bulge, advance to another level. Just make d apartment uncondusive for him. Be wise about it so he doesn't take pictures as evidence in court.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Suko110(m): 7:23am On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

You can't use police to evict a tenant. It's illegal and no police will go on such duty.
Patiently wait for karma with prayers and fasting
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by househunterman(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2017
This is a simple matter. The lawyer is probably angry about something and wants to prove his capability. He will leave, you don't need lawyer or court. For solution, Check my signature.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Suko110(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

Wait patiently for karma with fasting and prayers
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by anyebedgreat: 7:27am On May 09, 2017
Get dried chicken legs and bird feathers. Use a red rope to tie them together. Put it in front of his door before he wakes up.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 7:28am On May 09, 2017
Petition the Nigerian Bar Association disciplinary council, he will pee in his pant.

3 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 7:30am On May 09, 2017
househunterman:
This is a simple matter. The lawyer is probably angry about something and wants to prove his capability. He will leave, you don't need lawyer or court. For solution, Check my signature.

Your signature smack of that unethical practice of advertising assuming you are a lawyer.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by anyebedgreat: 7:30am On May 09, 2017
Trapnews:

You seem comfortable with your family's decision... You are a bad product, I blame your Dad undecided
You should blame your own dad for not teaching you common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Ralphlauren(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2017
chitown:

Thank you for your comment

Tell him you will file a petition/report him to the Nigerian Bar Association stating that he has been using his profession to bully and intimidate you.

I'm sure he won't want to lose his license to practice as a lawyer or have a dent in his professional reputation with NBA.

1 Like

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by babooshka: 7:37am On May 09, 2017
dahmie2013:
Can't d locks be changed?
lol, so dat he'll come and say that he kept millions there that u stole when u broke in2 d apartment?!?
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by clickgold1(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2017
Guy, your website has been hacked, your security is low

webdevelopa:
I will Build a Successful Business for you from Scratch Right in front of Your Eyes

If you’re looking for inspiration on which type of business you should start, then congratulations cos I am about to expose you to a business that would generate re-ocurring income for you for life like a Money Making Machine.
WHAT PROFITABLE BUSINESS I'M I REALLY GOING to SETUP FOR YOU

I will be setting Up "A Robust School Management Information System" whereby you own 100% Resale Right.

the School Management Application is a Nursery/Primary/Secondary school Management Information System (SMIS) which enables the effective management of human resources and students' academic records. It generates sophisticated digital report sheets and comprehensive statistical charts reports which adequately analyze students' academic performance in applicable subjects. It manages the financial transactions (such as students' school fees, staff loan and staff salary) of the school. It is also capable of Short Messaging Service (SMS) automatic delivery of students' result notifications and school fees balance notifications to parents' mobile phones at a single mouse-click.

demo login to view how the ADMIN dashboard looks like

URL: www.entrepreneurship.com.ng/school
Username: admin
Password: million

demo login to view how the student dashboard looks like

Username: 0385
Password: 0385

demo login to view how the TEACHER dashboard looks like

Username: EMP20151
Password: 20151

how Do You Really Make Money From This Business

You set a One Time setup fee. You also set the monthly/annual service fee. This means even while you are asleep, you are a making money as long the school is using your services. Check the Screenshot below to have an understanding of the pricing I am talking about. Just imagine you own a Telecommunication Company like Glo, if a customer subscribes for one month internet access on the 1st of January 2017, it means by 1st February 2017, you are expected to get another payment for subscription renewal. This is just how this Super Business Works..

Then I will setup all the nitty-gritty, give you all the tools and above all you own 100% Resale Right, Yours is just to plug in your team and you can soar above the sky

I WILL SETUP ALL OF THESE FOR YOU

1. WEBSITE

2. PORTAL APPLICATION SETUP

3. BILLING APPLICATION SETUP.....

SEND ME AN EMAIL AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM ME IMMEDIATELY

EMAIL: biz@entrepreneurship.com.ng
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by NnamdiKanu(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2017
webdevelopa:
I will Build a Successful Business for you from Scratch Right in front of Your Eyes

If you’re looking for inspiration on which type of business you should start, then congratulations cos I am about to expose you to a business that would generate re-ocurring income for you for life like a Money Making Machine.
WHAT PROFITABLE BUSINESS I'M I REALLY GOING to SETUP FOR YOU

I will be setting Up "A Robust School Management Information System" whereby you own 100% Resale Right.

the School Management Application is a Nursery/Primary/Secondary school Management Information System (SMIS) which enables the effective management of human resources and students' academic records. It generates sophisticated digital report sheets and comprehensive statistical charts reports which adequately analyze students' academic performance in applicable subjects. It manages the financial transactions (such as students' school fees, staff loan and staff salary) of the school. It is also capable of Short Messaging Service (SMS) automatic delivery of students' result notifications and school fees balance notifications to parents' mobile phones at a single mouse-click.

demo login to view how the ADMIN dashboard looks like

Username: admin
Password: million

demo login to view how the student dashboard looks like

Username: 0385
Password: 0385

demo login to view how the TEACHER dashboard looks like

Username: EMP20151
Password: 20151

how Do You Really Make Money From This Business

You set a One Time setup fee. You also set the monthly/annual service fee. This means even while you are asleep, you are a making money as long the school is using your services. Check the Screenshot below to have an understanding of the pricing I am talking about. Just imagine you own a Telecommunication Company like Glo, if a customer subscribes for one month internet access on the 1st of January 2017, it means by 1st February 2017, you are expected to get another payment for subscription renewal. This is just how this Super Business Works..

Then I will setup all the nitty-gritty, give you all the tools and above all you own 100% Resale Right, Yours is just to plug in your team and you can soar above the sky

I WILL SETUP ALL OF THESE FOR YOU

1. WEBSITE

2. PORTAL APPLICATION SETUP

3. BILLING APPLICATION SETUP.....

SEND ME AN EMAIL AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM ME IMMEDIATELY

EMAIL: biz@entrepreneurship.com.ng

Bad Business.... Ur security no strong.. Supersonic av defaced it already...

cheesy
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by woodmood: 7:44am On May 09, 2017
unclezuma:
My brother that is a case you may never win...there are too many precedents he will choose from to thwart all your efforts.

what precedents?
did you know more concerning the case than what you have read on NL?

oga baby lawyer, things do not work like that in law.
it is wrong to just conclude that someone "may never win".
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by wawale(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2017
If u are born again use the Judiciary if not use the NBA.They might suspend me to a year.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 7:57am On May 09, 2017
woodmood:

what precedents?
did you know more concerning the case than what you have read on NL?

oga baby lawyer, things do not work like that in law.
it is wrong to just conclude that someone "may never win".

Oga SAN I wasn't giving you an advice go do your research Tenant Landlord cases make up a good percentage of the civil litigations recorded for Nigeria. And please see my profile for more information.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 8:03am On May 09, 2017
Get advadvice from lawyers
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by woodmood: 8:19am On May 09, 2017
unclezuma:

Oga SAN I wasn't giving you an advice go do your research Tenant Landlord cases make up a good percentage of the civil litigations recorded for Nigeria. And please see my profile for more information.

that Tenant/Landlord cases constitute a good percentage is no news.

will you tell the landlord he will never win the case if he comes to you?

are you saying a landlord has no chance of winning his case?

is your position due to the fact that the tenant involved is a lawyer?

so sorry I have not checked your profile.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by DonCortino: 8:22am On May 09, 2017
chitown:
Can someone please advice on how to collect house keys from a tenant who happens to be a lawyer. This house is in Ibadan and this tenant has refused to pay for almost two years now and has also refused to give up the keys despite several promises made by him to vacate. He has boosted that the lawyer who was hired by the landlord is "one of his boys." It appears to me he wants to use the judicial system to delay and waste the landlord's time and money. By the way, he has abandoned the house as he resides in Lagos. please lawyers in the house....help or others who have experienced this to please share how they resolve the issue.

Use thugs to harass d bastard!
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 8:23am On May 09, 2017
woodmood:

that Tenant/Landlord cases constitute a good percentage is no news.

will you tell the landlord he will never win the case if he comes to you?

are you saying a landlord has no chance of winning his case?

is your position due to the fact that the tenant involved is a lawyer?

so sorry I have not checked your profile.

Paddy I didn't say win...thwart nobody likes a prolonged litigation what he needs is a cost effective way of resolving his issues with his tenant.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Royruky(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2017
chitown:
Can someone please advice on how to collect house keys from a tenant who happens to be a lawyer. This house is in Ibadan and this tenant has refused to pay for almost two years now and has also refused to give up the keys despite several promises made by him to vacate. He has boosted that the lawyer who was hired by the landlord is "one of his boys." It appears to me he wants to use the judicial system to delay and waste the landlord's time and money. By the way, he has abandoned the house as he resides in Lagos. please lawyers in the house....help or others who have experienced this to please share how they resolve the issue.

It is a professional misconduct for a lawyer to refuse to pay rent. You should report him to the Legal Practitioner Disciplinary Committee. visit this link....http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php/report-a-lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by 7Prophets(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2017
File a petition against him to the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), he will be investigated/sanctioned if found quilty. That's the only way as, taking him to court will only result to delay hence, your lost. Shalom!
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by josite: 8:52am On May 09, 2017
THE law of nigeria is that such a premises can be reovered from such a tenant by lawful act of forcible entry,

Since it is written in english,every one can read what justice of the supreme court ,AGU said on this matter in the case of African Petroleum Ltd v. Owodunni (1991) 8 NWLR (Pt.210)391

5. LAND LAW - TENANCY AT SUFFERANCE: What are the pre-condition of a tenancy at sufferance
"Now, a tenancy at sufferance is one in which the original grant by the landlord to the tenant has expired, usually by effluxion of time, but the tenant holds over the premises. In such a case the tenant's right to occupation of the premises to which he had come in upon a lawful title by grant is at an end but, although he has no more title as such, he continues in possession of the land or premises without any further grant or agreement by the landlord on whom the right to the reversion resides. One necessary pre-condition of such a tenancy is that the tenant must have come upon the land or premises lawfully. Though he no longer, strictly, has an estate, the law will deem his right to possession to have continued on the same terms and conditions as the original grant till possession has been duly and properly wrested from him by the landlord or reversioner. It is a form of tenancy which, as it were, depends upon the law and not the agreement of the parties and can only be determined either b[b]y the landlord's lawful act of forcible entry, where it is still possible, or by a proper action for ejectment after due notices as prescribed by law."[/b] PER NNAEMEKA AGU J.S.C. (P. 20, paras. A-F)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ARCHITECTURAL,STRUCTURAL,MECHANICAL,ELECTRICAL DESIGN FOR NIARALANDER / Quality & Affordable interior and Exterior Designs Services For your Home/Office / Help On How To Obtain Land C Of O Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.