Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Tenant(lawyer) From Hell - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant(lawyer) From Hell (13935 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by PropertyAsset: 9:09am On May 09, 2017
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a country of great entrepreneurs and business magnates. I still believe in this country, and I hope believe with me.

Contact us for your own titled land/property/asset acquisition and investment in Ibeju-Lekki (with CofO) and all accross Lagos with great deals for you.
[WhatsApp +2348027390046]
Check signature below.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by ylaa(f): 9:14am On May 09, 2017
Report him to the greatest Adovocate. Jesus Christ of Nazareth ie if u have His contact.
Do not allow him intimidate u. No be every body wey wear wig come put white collar be lawyer. Some are court clerk while some r there to swear affidavit for us. Exercise ur power as a man n landlord. E no easy to build joor. Make him too go build him own.

1 Like

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 9:15am On May 09, 2017
Homeboiy:
Go to the market buy a local pot, colored cloths, red ink and some other fetish things

place it in the compound, every morning, ring a bell n dance around it, He will leave

What If the lawyer get real juju. Juju is not the best o.......
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by ylaa(f): 9:16am On May 09, 2017
Hahahahahaha
Bros this advice na somethg else oh!

quote author=iamloyalty post=56344928]

What If the lawyer get real juju. Juju is not the best o.......[/quote]
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by no1madman(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2017
Drop ur contact make i tell u wetin dey. .
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by gerona: 10:21am On May 09, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Are all the lawyers in the area "his boys"

Get a competent lawyer and take him to court. He's not above the law.

Enquire from at least 3 different lawyers the steps to take to evict him.

Follow those steps.
He is not above the law, it may take time but you will surely get judgement.You can also tell him of your intention to report him to the legal practitioner disciplinary committee and the
NBA branch of the state . If he has any political interest in the state, he will have a rethink.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Nobody: 10:36am On May 09, 2017
chitown:
Can someone please advice on how to collect house keys from a tenant who happens to be a lawyer. This house is in Ibadan and this tenant has refused to pay for almost two years now and has also refused to give up the keys despite several promises made by him to vacate. He has boosted that the lawyer who was hired by the landlord is "one of his boys." It appears to me he wants to use the judicial system to delay and waste the landlord's time and money. By the way, he has abandoned the house as he resides in Lagos. please lawyers in the house....help or others who have experienced this to please share how they resolve the issue.

This is why landlords don't like giving their properties to lawyers
Get a lawyer from public defender office .Lagos lawyers are bloody good ... but u say u in ibadan right? I think her can be reported also the the bar I need to reconfirm

Hit him from all angles
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by maasoap(m): 10:51am On May 09, 2017
unclezuma:
My brother that is a case you may never win...there are too many precedents he will choose from to thwart all your efforts.
Very funny comment. Isn't it? My friend, you can send your tenants packing anytime you want to. The longest time it is going to take you is if he has an outstanding payment he has already paid. And if his rent just due, the court can give him little time, may be up to 3-6 months to look for another house.
Either way, once the court is involved, he's already on his way out.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Trapnews: 10:58am On May 09, 2017
anyebedgreat:
You should blame your own dad for not teaching you common sense.
You are a mo'ron!!!
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by oodua1stson: 11:23am On May 09, 2017
chitown:
Can someone please advice on how to collect house keys from a tenant who happens to be a lawyer. This house is in Ibadan and this tenant has refused to pay for almost two years now and has also refused to give up the keys despite several promises made by him to vacate. He has boosted that the lawyer who was hired by the landlord is "one of his boys." It appears to me he wants to use the judicial system to delay and waste the landlord's time and money. By the way, he has abandoned the house as he resides in Lagos. please lawyers in the house....help or others who have experienced this to please share how they resolve the issue.
I wouldn't fight him legally.

I would attack him spiritually

Stop being nice
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by HaroldFinch(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2017
Its very sad that some unscrupulous lawyers are hell bent on tarnishing the image of the legal profession. You should go ahead with getting a good lawyer as advised. Additionally, instruct your lawyer to write a petition to the Nigerian Bar Association in Ibadan and Lagos where he practices. His attitude is unbecoming of a legal practitioner. make sure you personally serve a copy on him and instruct your lawyer to follow the letter up to the legal practitioners disciplinary committee. That's one thing all lawyers fear. he'll definitely pack out and apologise.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by oracle009(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2017
I am in a fix now and it's so surprising that I am unable to raise something as small as 100k for myself.

I am currently in the middle of my post graduate (MSc) course. I am in Biosciences. I have spent upto 370k to pursue this but I am required to correct somethings so urgently requiring about 135k. I have gone in and out and all I could raise was under 30k.
I cannot abandon this course now, I'm meant to finish by October.

I need help, a loan of 50-80k or a Wages of such which i am ready to work for.

I came here because I have exhausted all available means. Please, 'go fund me' or 'loan me'

I can supply any needed information for enquiries, including the details of my research which will be beneficial to the agricultural sector. Thanks

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, SirJeffery etc
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by anyebedgreat: 1:24pm On May 09, 2017
Trapnews:

You are a mo'ron!!!
See what I mean?
No sense, no manners.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by Trapnews: 4:37pm On May 09, 2017
anyebedgreat:
See what I mean?
No sense, no manners.
Go get your head examined! that Okada wey hit you left you with so many injuries, get well soon undecided

Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by chitown(m): 12:06am On May 13, 2017
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by KingsleyAni1993(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2017
Op, here are the steps you take to evict a tenant

1. Write and serve the requisite quit notice. Please note that if there is a tenancy agreement between the two of you put down in writing, and there's a stipulation pertaining to the amount of time to be given as notice, then use it. If not, and he's a yearly tenant, then you serve a six months notice to quit to him.

2. Following the service of the notice to quit, you can also issue a letter of demand to said tenant, giving him time within which to repay all monies owed and the time, if he continues defaulting in payment, to Commence action for recovery of unpaid rent.

3. After the notice to quit expires, you issue a one week owners intention to recover possession.

4. Upon its expiration; the one week notice, you Institute an action for recovery of premises.

NB. It is better to engage the services of a lawyer for all these.

Ani Kingsley Ugochukwu Esq.
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by chitown(m): 1:05am On May 15, 2017
chitown:

Thank you!!
Re: Tenant(lawyer) From Hell by chitown(m): 1:11am On May 15, 2017
Royruky:

It is a professional misconduct for a lawyer to refuse to pay rent. You should report him to the Legal Practitioner Disciplinary Committee. visit this link....http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php/report-a-lawyer

How efficient is the Nigeria Bar Association? Do they respond to emails? How long would it take to hear back from them? Has anyone here corresponded with the bar before? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Premium Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet at Warehouse Prices, Call Now / What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land / Cost Of Roofing (aluminium) A Twin Duplex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.