Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? (485 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Brother, Sister And Mother (Photos) / What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On May 06, 2017
What does it mean to honour my father and mother? What responsibility do adult children have in regards to a relationship with their parents?
Re: What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by orisa37: 7:52am On May 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does it mean to honour my father and mother? What responsibility do adult children have in regards to a relationship with their parents?

Fathers and Mothers represent God Who you don't see physically every time of your life except in Dreams and in Spirit. They protect and educate you when you're young and inexperienced. When you're grown up, pay them Tithes and Thanksgiving.
Re: What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by ichuka(m): 11:04pm On May 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
It meant to be submissive to them.its the only commandment that carries blessing of longlife.
Re: What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14am On May 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Questions and answers supplied in the link below:

https://www.gotquestions.org/honor-father-mother.html
Re: What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by enshy: 9:22am On May 13, 2017
ichuka:

It meant to be submissive to them.its the only commandment that carries blessing of longlife.
An adult child is not to be submissive to parents.
What the Bible commands is 'honour' not 'submission'
Remember children are to obey I.e total submission. Adult cant submit because they are rulers in their homes too, we only honour.
How do we honour? We respect them, We take care of them, We correct them in love, We support them, We visit them often, We defend them, We advice them lovingly, We forgive them, We pray for them, We call them often e.t.c

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? by ichuka(m): 6:24pm On May 13, 2017
enshy:

An adult child is not to be submissive to parents.
What the Bible commands is 'honour' not 'submission'
Remember children are to obey I.e total submission. Adult can submit because they are rulers in their homes too, we only honour.
How do we honour? We respect them, We take care of them, We correct them in love, We support them, We visit them often, We defend them, We advice them lovingly, We forgive them, We pray for them, We call them often e.t.c
Ok
You are right

(1) (Reply)

A Deaf, Drug-dealing Atheist Radically Encounters God / I Am / How To Overcome Trials - Pastor Dr Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.