Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge (6999 Views)

Ikpeazu Reconstructing Osisioma Road Aba (Photos) / Oyo State Government Finally Reconstructing Yinka Ayefele’s Music House / Governor Obiano Reconstructing Zik Roundabout Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 4:40pm On May 06, 2017
ExplorerReturns:

why did the mods remove that your thread? na so dey remove my thread and ban me simply because I provided data that Yoruba land is landlocked! those mods can be tribalistic
Leave them..I will create a thread again about that same thing...This one will be about the Igbo territory's of opobo and bonny.
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ocelot2006(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2017
boostdom:

I don't know if your statement was pointedly directed at me or the thread, so I'll speak for myself. I am from Essien Udim LGA.

Just like I iterated, only a referendum can accurately and finally convey the voices of the voters (overt and covert) but if there is anything referendum reveals, it is the fact that people who feel they have been oppressed and have suffered the most abusive and barefaced form of exploitation especially when they are a minority will always leave.

And who is to say the ND can't propose a confederacy?

I do not doubt your area of origin. I am from Etim Ekpo LGA and I do agree to the fact that states who've been exploited may push for true Federalism. Frankly I buy that idea. BUT I do NOT, and will never, buy into the Biafran movement, and I'm quite certain that a considerable number of Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians, if not most of them, will agree with me. What I find most annoying is that IPOBians tend to arrogantly lump us into same imaginary Biafra everytime. That General Philip Effiong served under Biafra doesn't mean that most indigenes of the old Cross River state liked it or supported that idea, and history has proven that.

1 Like

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by midfinger(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2017
ocelot2006:

I do not doubt your area of origin. I am from Etim Ekpo LGA and I do agree to the fact that states who've been exploited may push for true Federalism. Frankly I buy that idea. BUT I do NOT, and will never, buy into the Biafran movement, and I'm quite certain that a considerable number of Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians, if not most of them, will agree with me. What I find most annoying is that IPOBians tend to arrogantly lump us into same imaginary Biafra everytime. That General Philip Effiong served under Biafra doesn't mean that most indigenes of the old Cross River state liked it or supported that idea, and history has proven that.
Now,going by your claim as to how Igbos arrogantly drag you people into Biafra.First you have to understand that ,that is solely your personal opinion in that respect, I have had a thing or two with a couple of akwa-cross guys in real-life,and have used those opportunity to sought for their opinion on the Biafran issue, virtually all of them gave a nod in the affirmative as to going with Biafra. Secondly, u also have to rightly understand too ,that no one is dragging you into Biafra, is a thing of choice,which hopefully I think a possible referendum will put everything to a final rest,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 06, 2017
OAFMods:

Whatever excite your Igboid ego. I have been on NL over 19 years i have not seen a single Urhobo Ijaw Ibibio Itshikeri Kwerre in fact any tribe from the NigerDelta wake up to write articles praying to be gummed to the SE or Biafra for whatever reason.

Why are some of you Igbos so shameless that you sleep n wake fantasizing about how to subjugate the NigerDelta ?When will your god from the land of the rising sun tell you to claim only the land that is yours ? Why do most of you act like you are cursed if you do not claim the NigerDelta as part of your Biafra ? WHY WHY WHY ?!

Their hope of survival lies in the hands of the Niger Delta.
It's very obvious.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

If they talk...Show them Igbo land..

Just take a look at how stupid your map is.
Look at the placemen of Oyigbo and Etche then slap yourself for posting rubbish called a map.
Once more you've shown how ignorant you lots are.
You claim an area but don't know the right map of that area. What a foolish land grabber you are.

3 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

I swear the mods on this site are so tribalistic and biased...I wonder were seun got them from..Because I created a thread showing the true length of Igbo land they removed can you imagine..

Why won't it be removed when you keep deceiving the gullible ones with lies?

3 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Governors of rivers state..
Name Title Took Office Left Office Party Notes
Melford Okilo Governor October 1979 December 1983 NPN Senator
Rufus Ada George Governor January 1992 November 1993 NRC JP
Peter Odili Governor 29 May 1999 29 May 2007 PDP Medical doctor
Celestine Omehia Governor 29 May 2007 26 October 2007 PDP
Chibuike Amaechi Governor 26 October 2007 29 May 2015 PDP Rt. Hon.
Ezenwo Wike Governor 29 May 2015
All those names above are Igbo names

It's obvious you are a joker. Hope you ain't suffering from Schizophrenia?

1 Like

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

The person you quoted is ikwere from oyibo axis of rivers state...Cover your head in shame iam ikwere too and we ikweres are Igbo's nobody will stop us from being Igbo's

The below is a map of Igbo land which includes opobo and bonny.

Which one is Ikwere from Oyibo axis?
This guy you are not Ikwerre at all.
1st go learn how to spell Ikwerre before spreading lies.
Next Ikwerre and Oyigbo are two different things.
Ikwerre is Ikwerre LGA, Obio/Akpor, Emuoha and part of Port Harcourt LGA. Oyigbo is Oyigbo LGA.
Now runaway with your lies.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

The person you quoted is ikwere from oyibo axis of rivers state...Cover your head in shame iam ikwere too and we ikweres are Igbo's nobody will stop us from being Igbo's

The below is a map of Igbo land which includes opobo and bonny.

Study our map well before you embark on land grabbing.
Ikwere from Oyibo axis grin grin
I laugh again at your level of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:06pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Study our map well before you embark on land grabbing.
is this good for you..

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:08pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

It's obvious you are a joker. Hope you ain't suffering from Schizophrenia?
I gave you the past governors of rivers and you are insulting me...Come and tell me the ndokis and etche aren't Igbo's..
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

is this good for you..

You still have the guts to show your ugly face after you've been busted.
Na wah 4 pipu!

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

I gave you the past governors of rivers and you are insulting me...Come and tell me the ndokis and etche aren't Igbo's..

Very obvious you ain't from Rivers. You are just an ipob youth spreading lies about things you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:12pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

You still have the guts to show your ugly face after you've been busted.
Na wah 4 pipu!
what ugly face my dad is ikwere I grew up in Lagos I have been to our family house in port Harcourt... I know a little bit of rivers.. My name is Ifeanyi ademola ukachukwu is this enough for you..
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:13pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Very obvious you ain't from Rivers. You are just an ipob youth spreading lies about things he know nothing about.
So those are not the former governors of rivers are you this r@t@rded.
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

what ugly face my dad is ikwere I grew up in Lagos I have been to our family house in port Harcourt... I know a little bit of rivers.. My name is Ifeanyi ademola ukachukwu is this enough for you..

You know nothing about Rivers. So shut up when the elders are telling you what you don't know.
I need not give you anymore lectures here. Go make your research or better still ask your father (if truly he's from Ikwerre), then come tell me how all our past governors are all Ibos.
What rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:18pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

You know nothing about Rivers. So shut up when the elders tell you.
I need not give you anymore lectures here. Go make your research or better still ask your father (if truly he's from Ikwerre), then come tell me how all our past governors are all Ibos.
What rubbish!
i got my rubbish from Wikipedia so run along..
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

i got my rubbish from Wikipedia so run along..

Lol.
Wikipedia grin
Keep deceiving yourself with your Wikipedia delusion.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Governors of rivers state..
Name Title Took Office Left Office Party Notes
Melford Okilo Governor October 1979 December 1983 NPN Senator
Rufus Ada George Governor January 1992 November 1993 NRC JP
Peter Odili Governor 29 May 1999 29 May 2007 PDP Medical doctor
Celestine Omehia Governor 29 May 2007 26 October 2007 PDP
Chibuike Amaechi Governor 26 October 2007 29 May 2015 PDP Rt. Hon.
All those names above are Igbo names

Let me help correct your Wikipedia delusioned brain.
1. Ogbia presently Bayelsa state
2. Okrika
3. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni
4. Ikwerre
5. Ikwerre
6. Obio/Akpor ie Ikwerre

Is your Wikipedia brain clear now?

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:26pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Lol.
Wikipedia grin
Keep deceiving yourself with your Wikipedia delusion.
Name Title Took Office
Left Office
Melford Okilo Governor October 1979
Decemb 1983
Rufus Ada George
Governor January 1992
Novemb 1993
Peter Odili Governor 29 May 1999
29 May 2007
Celestine Omehia Governor 29 May 2007
26 October 2007
Chibuike Amaechi Governor
26 October 2007
29 May 2015
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Rivers_State&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjXqcvMp9zTAhWIY1AKHVLZAK8QFggPMAE&usg=AFQjCNG4NgBEnE9OB0L7x_Md2WV_Q71eaQ
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Name Title Took Office
Left Office
Melford Okilo Governor October 1979
Decemb 1983
Rufus Ada George
Governor January 1992
Novemb 1993
Peter Odili Governor 29 May 1999
29 May 2007
Celestine Omehia Governor 29 May 2007
26 October 2007
Chibuike Amaechi Governor
26 October 2007
29 May 2015
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Rivers_State&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjXqcvMp9zTAhWIY1AKHVLZAK8QFggPMAE&usg=AFQjCNG4NgBEnE9OB0L7x_Md2WV_Q71eaQ

Remain in Lagos and argue with me a full fleshed son of the soil who has lived 90% of his life here in Rivers state.
I need no Wikipedia to teach you about my state.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:31pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Let me help correct your Wikipedia delusioned brain.
1. Ogbia presently Bayelsa state
2. Okrika
3. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni
4. Ikwerre
5. Ikwerre
6. Obio/Akpor ie Ikwerre

Is your Wikipedia brain clear now?
did they rule rivers state or not...The first governor was in 1979 before they began giving out the old rivers territory to form other states...Now from 1992 to 2017 all there governors have been Igbo's

Post the former governors of rivers from past to present yourself..
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:33pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Remain in Lagos and argue with me a full fleshed son of the soil who has lived 90% of his life here in Rivers state.
I need no Wikipedia to teach you about my state.

So you are trying to say Wikipedia is lieing..r@t@rd alert!!

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

did they rule rivers state or not...The first governor was in 1979 before they began giving out the old rivers territory to form other states...Now from 1992 to 2017 all there governors have been Igbo's

Are you blind?
I just listed the LGAs of all the former and present governors of Rivers State excluding those from the military regime like Sam Ewang etc.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:36pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Are you blind?
I just listed the LGAs of all the former and present governors of Rivers State excluding those from the military regime like Sam Ewang etc.
Sorry its actually 4 out of 6 governors who are igbo ...Its still a greater percentage.
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

So you are trying to say Wikipedia is lieing..r@t@rd alert!!

It's obvious you are a kid for believing Wikipedia 100%.
I know your kind don't know that with as little as 5 dollars you can write anything on Wikipedia.
Very pathetic angry

3 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:40pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

It's obvious you are a kid for believing Wikipedia 100%.
I know your kind don't know that with as little as 5 dollars you can't write anything on Wikipedia.
Very pathetic angry
You said opobo and bonny aren't Igbo's... But there founders were Igbo's.
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Sorry its actually 4 out of 6 governors who are igbo ...Its still a greater percentage.

Ipob youth when will you grow up from your delusion?
This thing is gradually eating up your brain cells.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

You said opobo and bonny aren't Igbo's... But there founders were Igbo's.

There was nothing like founders of Opobo, neither was there such in bonny. Those are ijaw towns that have been there even before the white men came to Nigeria and started slave trade.

Slave trade brought people from the hinterlands down to the coast. That's how Ibos came to Bonny and further Opobo eg Jaja. Anyways that's a lecture for another day.

4 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:50pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Ipob youth when will you grow up from your delusion?
This thing is gradually eating up your brain cells.
Proudly ipob proudly ikwere proudly Igbo...4 Igbo people have ruled rivers with only 1 ijaw..Sorry I know it hurts
Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 06, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

To correct another blunder.
The old Rivers State wasn't given out to nobody.
A new State was formed from Rivers in 1996 and that State is Bayelsa State. So Rivers wasn't given out to form other states as you claimed but Bayelsa State alone was formed from the old Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:57pm On May 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

There was nothing like founders of Opobo, neither was there such in bonny. Those are ijaw towns that have been there even before the white men came to Nigeria and started slave trade.

Slave trade brought people from the hinterlands down to the coast. That's how Ibos came to Bonny and further Opobo eg Jaja. Anyways that's a lecture for another day.
but jaja founder opobo...Opobo is a city-state in the southern region of Nigeria. The state was founded in 1870. A greater part of the city state is still referred to as Opobo in Rivers State. Opobo is made up of several Islands and communities, mainly Opobo Town, Queenstown, Kalasunju, Oloma, Ayaminimah, Iloma, Minimah, Okpukpo, Iwoma, Ekereborokiri, Kalaibiama, and Epellema while a part of the city state is now in Akwa Ibom State, made up of Ikot Abasi, Kampa. The main language spoken in Opobo is the Igbo language .[1][2]

Opobo was to the east of the Kingdom of Bonny . Both Bonny and Opobo are of the same origin. An Igbo man (turned Ibani) called Jubo Jubogha (known as "Ja-Ja" to Europeans) led the Anna Pepple house (Wari) of Bonny. In 1870, Jaja arrived in Opobo from Bonny, moving due to a dispute with chief Oko Jumbo , the leader of the rival Manilla Pepple family (Wari). [3] Jaja was accommodated by the Nkoro leader, King Kpokpo[4] and formed what he called "Kingdom of Opobo" which he named after Amanyanabo Opubo "Pepple" Perekule the Great, a Pepple King in Bonny that reigned from 1792 to 1830.
Jubo Jubogha became involved in palm oil trading with Europeans. He started a trading post at Opobo Town, close to Ikot Abasi 4 miles southwest of the Opobo River. The European traders called him King Jaja. Jubo Jubogha was never on good terms with
Ngwa people to the north, Annang and the Ibibio to the east, as Jaja declared himself as the middle-man in palm Oil trading, thus asking them to stop trading directly with the European. This resulted in a war (Ikot Udo Obong War) between Jaja and the Annang and Ibuno people as recorded by Nair .[5] In 1887, he was deceived when he was told to go and negotiate with the Queen of England by the British and sent on exile to Saint Vincent in the
West Indies .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Biafran Burden - Okey Ndibe / Obanikoro Stoned In UNILAG For Lying / Coalition For Young Candidates In Ogun Back APC Candidate, Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.