Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club (40836 Views)

Do You Know Stephen Odey ? / Stephen Odey Signs 4-Year Deal With FC Zurich / MFM 19-year Stephen Odey, In First Career Hat-trick In The 2016/17 (NPFL) Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by GavelSlam: 11:11am On May 06, 2017
sleepyeyez:
Why na? Just him? Which nigerian footballer don ever play with in real age? Its nur fair na!
Taiye Taiwo and Philip Osondu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by donnie(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2017
Chai.. eyaaa
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by frubben(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2017
Mumu

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by TexasR: 11:12am On May 06, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Top Striker in the Nigerian League disgraced by a tiny European Club.We don't respect ourselves in this joke of a country, so we shouldn't be surprised when others treat us the way we deserve to be treated.

Na God catch am

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Ralphlauren(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2017
paradigmshift:
this guy fuk up.
patience my guy..
well good for you o

Is this not the striker declared missing by MFM?

MFM had plans of taking his case and the Danish club to FIFA.

This is what happens when a man runs faster than his shadow. He should have just waited till the end of the session before moving on to another club.

Now with this age falsification scandal hanging over his head, no European club will touch with him a pole as the press will forever refer to this incident.

I hope MFM punishes him further by not allowing him to rejoin the club.

He should be severally punished as this will serve as a deterrent to other footballers looking at pulling off the same foolish stunt.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by hernandson(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2017
the dude just wanna play more football na. if na me self I would cut my age by 10years.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Electronzeez(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2017
spartan50:
He didn't do his homework well.. Well welcome back to this hell of a country.. Your village people do well

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Lincoln275(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2017
Anthony Joshua will pocket a whopping sum of £15 million (N8.2 billion) for beating Klitschko, yet Yoruba elders will say "ija o dola" (fight does not give wealth).
# Shoro niyen? (that one na talk)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by kcynho(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Top Striker in the Nigerian League disgraced by a tiny European Club.We don't respect ourselves in this joke of a country, so we shouldn't be surprised when others treat us the way we deserve to be treated.

that club is a heavyweight in Danish football bloke,always in European competitions bro
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by eternalcity(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2017
This is shameful o! He was convinced to go on trial by his agent against the knowledge of his club, now he has been disgraced and is returning shamefaced.

Boy should have been patient enough to wait till the end of the season after finishing as top scorer. But Nigerians and greed; that's why our players always end up in one chance.

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Ralphlauren(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2017
Urukpe:
What a big mistake by his agent and him. Both of them failed rule 101, don't be caught

The agent is very foolish and must have pushed him into this mess.

He left his club MFM without permission and the club has actually declared him AWOL.

MFM knew nothing about his deal with the danish club and there were talks as at yesterday of reporting both him and the club to FIFA for breaking transfer rules.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Waxus: 11:21am On May 06, 2017
Chai.....the guy will be like...what is this! now that my dream have finally cm through....village things at work

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Nobody: 11:21am On May 06, 2017
This is one of the reasons the Super Eagles Coach said it's difficult to know the right age of home based players.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Nobody: 11:21am On May 06, 2017
Dem Rooney,messi and co dey use their real age ni?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Ralphlauren(m): 11:23am On May 06, 2017
eternalcity:
This is shameful o! He was convinced to go on trial by his agent against the knowledge of his club, now he has been disgraced and is returning shamefaced.

Boy should have been patient enough to wait till the end of the season after finishing as top scorer. But Nigerians and greed; that's why our players always end up in one chance.

Very,very shameful.

The amusing thing is that he claims he went for "stadium tour" grin grin grin

See where impatience and greed has landed him. There is barely 2 months left to the end of the session. Why didn't he just chill before going out for trails at any club for his choice?

At his he has done the good thing by returning back to nigeria. Some other foolish agent would have confused him to remain in Europe and claim asylum grin

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Nobody: 11:26am On May 06, 2017
hernandson:
the dude just wanna play more football na. if na me self I would cut my age by 10years.
Me sef no blame the guy.It is hard to develop Nigerian talent at a teenage when the harsh economy will not make them attend training session because their parents will force them to hawk groundnut and chinchin in traffic.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by goodlifehyd(m): 11:26am On May 06, 2017
Dem dey follow the dude from village, heard he left without informing his naija club now the dude don dey road dey come house, imagine highest goal scorer in NPL being sent packing like a dog. When all they are after is just money instead of doting the necessary Is and Crossing all Ts

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Bollinger(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2017
GavelSlam:

Taiye Taiwo and Philip Osondu.

You are joking right?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by paradigmshift(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

This is what happens when a man runs faster than his shadow. He should have just waited till the end of the session before moving on to another club.

Now with this age falsification scandal hanging over his head, no European club will touch with him a pole as the press will forever refer to this incident.

He should be severally punished as this will serve as a deterrent to other footballers looking at pulling off the same foolish stunt.

u dey harsh o

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Lexusgs430: 11:27am On May 06, 2017
Did he not tell them we have Footballers age & real age in Nigeria ? Even Sai Bubu does not know his real age .......

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Nobody: 11:28am On May 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Abeg leave the guy make him try him luck somewhere else.
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Nobody: 11:29am On May 06, 2017
That is why I burst into laughter whenever I am watching an NPFL match and I hear the commentators say stuff like "he is only eighteen years old...what a youngster". Your grandpa,youngster? O.K.

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Ralphlauren(m): 11:30am On May 06, 2017
comshots:
Abeg leave the guy make him try him luck somewhere else.

Sure. He can try Togo or Senegal but he should forget about Europe.
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by mmsen: 11:32am On May 06, 2017
If Nigerians will not hold themselves to account then the people abroad in the nations that you idiots love to run to will do so.

Get your own collective affairs in order and you won't need to run to Denmark to play in their rubbish league.

Nigeria has enough people who love football to maintain a viable league.

Ensure that it is run well by calling out people when they do things that are destructive for the collective, that includes age-cheats.

When that happens you'll see the Nigerian league explode just as the business of religion has grown and thrived despite it being based on BS.

8 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:33am On May 06, 2017
kcynho:
that club is a heavyweight in Danish football bloke,always in European competitions bro

It may be a heavyweight in Danish football, but it is a tiny club by European standards. Can you equate Midtylland with Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea etc?
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by eternalcity(m): 11:34am On May 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Very,very shameful.

The amusing thing is that he claims he went for "stadium tour" grin grin grin

See where impatience and greed has landed him. There is barely 2 months left to the end of the session. Why didn't he just chill before going out for trails at any club for his choice?

At his he has done the good thing by returning back to nigeria. Some other foolish agent would have confused him to remain in Europe and claim asylum grin
abi? Initial report was that he went to Russia. Last last, he ended up in Denmark.

It is Nigerian players that will accept to go on trial even after playing professional for some years because they are desperate for European football. You won't hear Chelsea, Barcelona or any top European club asking a South American footballer to come for trial. If you are not signing me, let me remain in my country. But not so with Nigerians

Odey just spoilt his reputation.

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by Urukpe: 11:35am On May 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

The agent is very foolish and must have pushed him into this mess.

He left his club MFM without permission and the club has actually declared him AWOL.

MFM knew nothing about his deal with the danish club and there were talks as at yesterday of reporting both him and the club to FIFA for breaking transfer rules.

Imagine. No proper arrangement. He want to move without his parent club permission

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by SuperBlack: 11:44am On May 06, 2017
He only went there for trial
Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by SuccessOgb15: 11:46am On May 06, 2017
Normal way of footballers

1 Like

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by blaqroy: 11:51am On May 06, 2017
My guy y u no sabi lie nah

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Odey In Age Falsification Scandal, Kicked Out By Danish Club by donestk(m): 11:55am On May 06, 2017
Seriously?

Ezechinwa:
when we don't have a database that registers every new born baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / EPL: Why Ronaldo’s Move To Man City Collapsed Before Joining United / John Mikel Obi Playing With His Twin Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.