Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

9ice And Toni Break Up? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice And Toni Break Up? (3073 Views)

Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up / Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. / Hottest!9ice Is Engaged To Toni Payne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice And Toni Break Up? by tosinaded(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2010
http://www.thenetng.com/2010/01/08/the-official-press-release-announcing-9ice-and-tonis-separation/

We’ve just obtained a document from 9ice’s media representatives, sent out today, announcing the separation. Below…)

PRESS RELEASE FROM 9ICE’s PR Company

LAGOS| NIGERIA

January 8, 2010

It’s a brand new year of opportunities and possibilities; and we’ll specially like to thank you for your love and support for 9ice and his label this past year.

That 9ice has grown from an upcoming singer-performer, to become one of Africa’s most promising exports, is not just as a result of his talent, hard work and can-do spirit; but because the media in Nigeria (print, broadcast and online) have been extremely kind to him and his music.

Unfortunately, we may have some sad news for you.

9ice and his beautiful wife Toni Payne; with whom he tied the knots last year; are separating.

The couple have agreed to separate for a while, even though they continue to remain good friends and business partners.

Their baby Zion will reside with Toni for now.

This is a very very tough decision for the couple, and it’s a tough, even trying time for the young partnership we all admire so much. And they’re even the more constrained to make this announcement; knowing it will shatter many of their fans, and admirers inside and outside the country.

But they have both agreed to be responsible about the development, and make public what is necessary, to avoid unnecessary speculations, and rumours.

And it is their wish that we all respect their privacy at this period.

Neither 9ice nor Toni will be granting any press interviews on this matter.

Story Developing…
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by Genuflect(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2010
Tosin, wtf? Lol. Was just about to create this thread. Wetin come happen between these two now? Can't they settle it amicably?
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by tosinaded(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2010
still hoping its not true anyway sad
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by dammiecool(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2010
na wa o cry cry rush in rush out
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by las240s(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2010
Ithink they dint have enuff time to know each other before they got married.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by rapjunkie(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2010
I knew it was doomed from the start. . . . 9ice was punching above his weight. Toni Payne no be small girl. . . .   grin
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by eleshin(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
its a good news for d 2 of them.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by dawhizkid1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
''celibrities marriages don't last, do they?'' - Eddie Murphy
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by ofokaofoki: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2010
it is true o, that girl too high for 9ice, 9ice no fit control am abi wetin abi, what a way to start 2010, highly dissappointing , not when u just had a baby!
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by denzel2009: 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2010
There was the news few weeks ago that 9ice's manager regularly organise girls for him, this might be the aftermath. Very sad indeed.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by chiogo(f): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
Hmm, Na wa!!
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by Dotman01(m): 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
Eeeya, i hope the news is fake
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by aieromon(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2010
I can see 2face having a laff out of this one tongue
So the story about 9ice manager housing girls for his crew might be true after all.Damn!
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by semidaraeb(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2010
rapjunkie:

I knew it was doomed from the start. . . . 9ice was punching above his weight. Toni Payne no be small girl. . . .   grin
I agree she's a big girl but shey she didn't know he was below her level when she was shagging with him? Anyhow sha, what is hot will eventually get cold. I just hope they work out their differences and get back together again.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by spikedcylinder: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2010
He cheated on her.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by A40(m): 1:00am On Jan 09, 2010
Hey ya. Good things don't last forever even though their marriage was kinda short even for American Standards
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by oyinda3(f): 1:04am On Jan 09, 2010
yea. it seemed like yesterday when they married.
even looking at the wedding pics, they don't look right together haha
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by Amya(f): 1:09am On Jan 09, 2010
too bad! i really had high hopes on those two. I didn't really think 9ice would be into all those arrangee girl thing. But i guess music corrupts!
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by denzel2009: 1:30am On Jan 09, 2010
I dont know how they got together cos Toni Payne is based in the US and 9ice was based in Bariga, they must have met on yahoo or something so they dont actually know each other much.
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by Omolulu(m): 1:32am On Jan 09, 2010
denzel2009:

I dont know how they got together cos Toni Payne is based in the US and 9ice was based in Bariga, they must have met on yahoo or something so they dont actually know each other much.
yahoo! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, internet toasting! wow grin grin grin
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by oyinda3(f): 1:32am On Jan 09, 2010
i think she got pregnant that's why they married. because she was 4mths pregnant during their wedding
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by mbulela: 1:35am On Jan 09, 2010
Amya:

too bad! i really had high hopes on those two. I didn't really think 9ice would be into all those arrangee girl thing. But i guess music corrupts!
now you know
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by oyinda3(f): 1:37am On Jan 09, 2010
lol the guy sings abt pot, marijuana and "do me" "do me" what else would u expect. lol
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by mbulela: 1:40am On Jan 09, 2010
who be Ayeni Adekunle?
Is it the same Ayeni that is a publicist for Lagbaja?
The same Ayeni at PUNCH newspapers?
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by A40(m): 1:47am On Jan 09, 2010
Abeg make una no start some Pharisee ish for here ooh. We all saw what happened to even a supposedly squeaky clean Tiger Woods anything can happen abeg
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by aieromon(m): 2:39am On Jan 09, 2010
oyinda.:

lol the guy sings abt pot, marijuana and "do me" "do me" what else would u expect. lol

What's your point?What has the content of his songs got to do with their separation?
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by oyinda3(f): 2:40am On Jan 09, 2010
^ hey!! i was referring to the post below.

Amya:

Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by aieromon(m): 2:43am On Jan 09, 2010
i see cool
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by tosinaded(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2010
To think that she was head over hills for this guy
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by tosinaded(m): 7:40am On Jan 09, 2010
To think that she was head over hills for this guy
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by ofokaofoki: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2010
it is obvious they were just infatuated and wanted to Bleep each other, i heard 9ice has a got kitten. shocked shocked
disgraceful. i knew that gurl was too big headed for 9ice. girl wey dey speak phonee like say na wafi she dey speak. her education is too much for 9ice, and it got into her head , those kind gurls wont take cheating from any guy,
lmfao grin grin
Re: 9ice And Toni Break Up? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2010
too bad for them

Early marriage break up embarassed

O criticaL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / Hot!!! Bracket – Nana [VIDEO DOWNLOAD] / Zinoleesky – Mapariwo (prod. By Trips) MP3 DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.