Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) (35385 Views)

Dr. Chris Ngige Dances To Zoro's Music At A Ceremony (Photos, Video) / Peter Obi Attends Linda Ikeji’s Child Dedication Ceremony (Photos) / Obasanjo In Yola For Turbaning Of Atiku As The 7th Waziri Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by 2n2k(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
Should he be attending a turbanning? the equivalent on an Iwuye ceremony

You may be right in a way but in the background, you can see the governor of Jigawa State also. The governor is the boss of the emir of duste that is conferring the chieftancy on the celebrant, yet he was present.

Protocol can sometimes be overridden by relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
a confernment of title like a turbanning or beknighting

So its like an Emir being present when an individual is being conferred an Otunba here.

Perhaps he is just being humbleundecided

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Pavarottii(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2017
alizma:
if only Wike know the popularity of Ameachi, he will learn how to great him by prostrating.
U don start Abi?
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2017
Vorpal:

So its like an Emir being present when an individual is being conferred an Otunba here.

Perhaps he is just being humbleundecided
It is not like an Emir but the Sultan attending an investiture of some Oloye

He can be humble with his personal life not the institution of Ooni. How many of such will he attend in Yorubaland. It devalues the institution. He should learn from the Oba of Benin. He is becoming like pure water

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by sammyj: 12:17pm On May 06, 2017
Seconded !!!
Oladimejyy:
Who the hell are you?.Who knows you in yoruba land.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by castrokins(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2017
It's Greet

alizma:
if only Wike know the popularity of Ameachi, he will learn how to great him by prostrating.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:

He can be humble with his personal life not the institution of Ooni. How many of such will he attend in Yorubaland. It devalues the institution. He should learn from the Oba of Benin. He is becoming like pure water

Sultan loun loun cheesy
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 12:23pm On May 06, 2017
Did they shake hands? That's all I want to know....
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by lilmaydee(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2017
DEXTROVERT:

I'm ashamed of this guy ooni,
just jumping up and down,
why won't lagoon king snub him
Don't mind him. Instead of him to stay in his palace and delegate most outings to lower kings or chiefs, he is going up and down like a headless chicken. Until he gets embarrassed the second time, then he will know his worth.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:26pm On May 06, 2017
2n2k:

You may be right in a way but in the background, you can see the governor of Jigawa State also. The governor is the boss of the emir of duste that is conferring the chieftancy on the celebrant, yet he was present.

Protocol can sometimes be overridden by relationship.
The Ooni is just being immature The issue of governor of Jigawa is irrelevant I am sorry. He should be there it is his state and duty

the Ooni should have sent someone. I believe they would have invited the Sultan too and other Obas from Yorubaland. Did we ever see Sijuade at a Turbanning.

I do not understand your English . what eactly do you mean by the word "CAN". Are you Yoruba at all??
There is something called Ipebi which Obas go through and if he was properly grounded then he ould undertand the burden he carries
No matter the relationship you should not do anything to devalue your crown. Attending a turbanning does exactly that.
I think he made mistake and should not repeat it

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2017
Vorpal:

Sultan loun loun cheesy

meaning
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by coolestchris(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2017
ooni is doing the work of oduduwa, stop questioning the wishes of the gods
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Praktikals(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2017
DEXTROVERT:

I'm ashamed of this guy ooni,
Somebody asked who knows you in yoruba land but i think the appropriate question is who knows your father in yorubaland?
Iwo omo iran kiran yi
People like you wake up their father with a slap

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Jidibia(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2017
alizma:
if only Wike know the popularity of Ameachi, he will learn how to greet him by prostrating.
RUBBISH
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 12:51pm On May 06, 2017
kikake:
This Ooni of Ife uses his position to engages in more politics than traditional ruler.

Abuse of office.

Tell me one ruler that doesn't do more politics than traditions. The former Ooni was even more political. He may not be a traveler like the present Ooni but he was very political.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Poorboy: 1:13pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
The respect we give to the Ooni is not for for who he is in his personal life .When the Ooni starts attending naming ceremonies and so on he devalues the institution. Before he became Ooni who knew him and who cared where he went.
how many times do we see the Oba of Benin at frivolous gatherngs? He is a king and should not be attending Turbannings he should have sent someone. This is not ppersonal but about the institution of OONI.

OONI should noot be at a Turbanning.

Would he attend any Iwuye ceremony in Yorubalaand?
mind your words towards ooni b4 what happened to oba akilo palace won't locate u... Na joke i dey

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by akigbemaru: 1:20pm On May 06, 2017
stephenduru:
Honourable Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi,Ooni of Ife and others attended the turbaning ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Haladu Danu, as the Dan Amanar Dutse at Emir Palace Dutse, Jigawa State.

See photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/amaechiooni-of-ifeothers-at-turbaning.html
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by xtainchukwu(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2017
Amechi knows what's he is looking for. Trying to buy Favour. Them go still fall ur hand Judas of niger delta. Wehdon sir.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2017
alizma:
if only Wike know the popularity of Ameachi, he will learn how to greet him by prostrating.
see yA mouth
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2017
alizma:
only if you know how unpopular Ameachi is among his people, he will beg Wike to teach him the ropes

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by BenZyncla(m): 2:07pm On May 06, 2017
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a country of great entrepreneurs and business magnates. I still believe in this country, and I hope believe with me. Check my signature and we're ready take your enquires. That's our area of service. It's what we know how to do best.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 2:44pm On May 06, 2017
Abeg na which fashion designer dey in charge of Ooni's wardrobe? I'm sure the guy is richer than Seun, lala,mynd44,ajepako and mukina2 all combined together.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 2:45pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:

i no know sey you too don notice am. That thing dey pain me die.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by OBAGADAFFI: 2:46pm On May 06, 2017
Tolexander:
It is so nice and good having a young and agile King like Ooni!

Oodua a gbe a o!

As Yorubaman I am not comfortable seeing the Ooni doing Jonny Walker Everywhere.

That Throne​ deserved more respect

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by OBAGADAFFI: 2:49pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:

He has already become a pure water in the eyes of many Yoruba.

Wole Soyinka should lecture him about his role in Yorubaland.

He was in the SS yesterday and in the North . Kilode
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by marticeus(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2017
Oni serenading with real gees/men, not smelly mouth Wike, Oni and Sultan came to PH because of their business interests. They seemed to be more at home with homies like Amaechi, one can see the level of their fraternity, e no dey hear at all, sail on brother.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by EliteGC(m): 3:22pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=56261123]Amaechi looks like a talkative. He talks too much. [/quote

Only a talkative can identify one
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by ussy09(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2017
Even Sanusi lamido that is in Kano didn't attend ooni carefully ooo .
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by lookmangiw(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2017
obamabinladen:
LOOTimi Amaechi, you no go return Rivers State money you looted.....?
lootimi ke, the same guy that does not like money.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by obamabinladen(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2017
lookmangiw:
lootimi ke, the same guy that does not like money.

Tell him to direct the payment of his salary to your personal account let's see.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by lollytk(f): 4:08pm On May 06, 2017
grin grin
alizma:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / African China To Vote Peter Obi But With A Condition / Senator Kashim Shettima Visits Ayo Fayose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.