Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole (36464 Views)

Girl Who Refused To Refund Man After He Mistakenly Sent N950k Is Arrested. / Hadiza Babayo: Lady Kidnaps Her Cousin For N6m Ransom In Gombe State [photo] / Ugandan Man Returns Music Items He Stole After Native Doctor Sent Bees (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by InvertedHammer: 12:31pm On May 06, 2017
/

Just curious...

How much is a liter of diesel in Nigeria?

\\
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by muller101(m): 12:33pm On May 06, 2017
Is it 32 liters or 32 thousand liters?

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by aribisala0(m): 12:43pm On May 06, 2017
muller101:
Is it 32 liters or 32 thousand liters?
it is 0.00032 liters. Mumu for your eye you dey make sense
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by buzzyma4me: 12:59pm On May 06, 2017
What if after he came out of the prison to start his own life with anoda person's money and anoda terrible thing now happen to him,like robber rob him,or his dupes or had an accident and died,or he even died in the prison self? Hell fire straight away. My brother no doubt.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 06, 2017
You want to tell me there's no way the court can order for his properties be sold to recoup the money? So prison term means the owner of the money doesn't recoup his money? This is not justice to me o, no wonder people prefer to recover debt using illegal means and intimidation,

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by 2shure: 1:22pm On May 06, 2017
Igbo nor dey dull.
If na afonjas now
Dem for don dey beg
Dey do dia ugly face for camera like who chop shiiit.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Spidermon: 1:27pm On May 06, 2017
obamabinladen:
Good decision if you ask me. He will be more secured in prison than been a free man in Nigerian streets. Don't be surprise before he comes out some of his friends may be killed either by police stray bullet, hunger, cult groups, accident or Buhari's policies. I remember a young girl earlier in the year that refused to go home after been discharged and acquitted by one of the Judges, she rather demanded to be send back to prison saying that she enjoys the atmosphere in prison than what's obtainable in Nigerian streets. All these are pointing to the fact that Nigeria is dead.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by lemolemo: 2:09pm On May 06, 2017
Only yesterday this poor boy Williams okonoboh pictured, got 7 years for stealing a phone in a church in Victoria island valued at 70 k. Sentence by a justice Otitoju , justice system in Nigeria is a joke.

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by BenZyncla(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2017
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a country of great entrepreneurs and business magnates. I still believe in this country, and I hope believe with me. Check my signature and we're ready take your enquires. That's our area of service. It's what we know how to do best.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Putin1(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2017
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by hardbody: 2:21pm On May 06, 2017
CXLVII:
I knew he was from the lost tribe of Israel

Anything for money.....

Wrong. No knowledge of nigerian geography. That name belongs elsewhere in Nigeria
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by hardbody: 2:23pm On May 06, 2017
lemolemo:
Only yesterday this poor boy Williams okonoboh pictured, got 7 years for stealing a phone in a church in Victoria island valued at 70 k. Sentence by a justice Otitoju , justice system in Nigeria is a joke.

It's not the phone, it's about the location of the crime.

When people go to church, they should believe they are safe. The punishment is meant to deter others. Judges, beside being trained, have emotions too.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by hardbody: 2:27pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
it is 0.00032 liters. Mumu for your eye you dey make sense

HE made real sense. I still fueled my generator at 260 per litre this weekend. This figure multiplied by 32 gives a different figure.

That guy made logical sense, you lots made none. He has a rational mind, you lots don't. It is that simple.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by lemolemo: 2:30pm On May 06, 2017
hardbody:

It's not the phone, it's about the location of the crime.

When people go to church, they should believe they are safe. The punishment is meant to deter others. Judges, beside being trained, have emotions too.
I kind of disagree for many reasons. In committing a crime, if a criminal shows remorse he get credit for that, 18 months guy shows no remorse, second thing is time wasted in prosecution. When you plead guilty early in a case its credit to you compare with the guy who took forever and end up preferring jail. Ethnic has nothing to do with my reasoning, am a Yoruba man .
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Tbest20(m): 2:35pm On May 06, 2017
Change ur thinking abt this country nigeria is not dead because d guy is an ignorance who think he can never suceed in is life wanted to go gail instead of return the money.that is an ignorace.kindly believe that to situation is not d end ur life.tomorrow matter alotuote author=obamabinladen post=56258628]Good decision if you ask me. He will be more secured in prison than been a free man in Nigerian streets. Don't be surprise before he comes out some of his friends may be killed either by police stray bullet, hunger, cult groups, accident or Buhari's policies. I remember a young girl earlier in the year that refused to go home after been discharged and acquitted by one of the Judges, she rather demanded to be send back to prison saying that she enjoys the atmosphere in prison than what's obtainable in Nigerian streets. All these are pointing to the fact that Nigeria is dead. [/quote]
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by aribisala0(m): 2:40pm On May 06, 2017
hardbody:

HE made real sense. I still fueled my generator at 260 per litre this weekend. This figure multiplied by 32 gives a different figure.

That guy made logical sense, you lots made none. He has a rational mind, you lots don't. It is that simple.
It was obvious to anyone with half a brain so stop acting like you have solved Fermat's theorem. Clowns like you like to major in minors and masturbate over irrelevances.

Either it was a typo or arithmetical or reporting error it changes nothing about the essence of the story. It is a side issue not the story It is the sort of observation that smart people keep to themselves. In this case at least one person has already mentioned it so what are you trying to prove? You are eagle eyed or you can multiply? . It is an easily explained discrepancy and there is no need to act as if you have solved the $43 million mystery.

The issue is a guy stole some diesel and has been convicted and all that > That is the kernel of the matter . We are not in an elementary school arithmetic class and that 32 or 32000000 changes nothing .It adds nothing and removes nothing to the story
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Azam101: 2:50pm On May 06, 2017
He thinks he has gained? I pity him and his families
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by ejiykzazi2007(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2017
legalexpert:
the business partner can sue him in civil court for the debt owed. a conviction is as good as
an admission that he is liable for the debt.
This is the only sensible comment here. Majority of Nigerians are indeed clueless, that's why they said we are unemployable...
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by guyla: 2:54pm On May 06, 2017
kennygee:
Lol. Its pure mathematics, the money will be waiting for him when he gets back.

That is if he comes back, what happens if they exchange him with a rich man's death sentence
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by obamabinladen(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2017
Tbest20:
Change ur thinking abt this country nigeria is not dead because d guy is an ignorance who think he can never suceed in is life wanted to go gail instead of return the money.that is an ignorace.kindly believe that to situation is not d end ur life.tomorrow matter alotuote author=obamabinladen post=56258628]Good decision if you ask me. He will be more secured in prison than been a free man in Nigerian streets. Don't be surprise before he comes out some of his friends may be killed either by police stray bullet, hunger, cult groups, accident or Buhari's policies. I remember a young girl earlier in the year that refused to go home after been discharged and acquitted by one of the Judges, she rather demanded to be send back to prison saying that she enjoys the atmosphere in prison than what's obtainable in Nigerian streets. All these are pointing to the fact that Nigeria is dead.

GOAN advice your dying president.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by doskie(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2017
obamabinladen:
Good decision if you ask me. He will be more secured in prison than been a free man in Nigerian streets. Don't be surprise before he comes out some of his friends may be killed either by police stray bullet, hunger, cult groups, accident or Buhari's policies. I remember a young girl earlier in the year that refused to go home after been discharged and acquitted by one of the Judges, she rather demanded to be send back to prison saying that she enjoys the atmosphere in prison than what's obtainable in Nigerian streets. All these are pointing to the fact that Nigeria is dead.
the truth is.. with that kind if money, he will be a king in jail. he will fees properly and inmates will work for him. even guards will bring him out most times to gist with them, and when hes out, he is secure with that fund.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by doskie(m): 3:15pm On May 06, 2017
Pchinak:
Should he be looking at it only on the financial gain, then he is wrong. Nigerian jail can be horrible for him if the person he stole from is determined, his life isn't secured...nor his good health at least.
forget that thing. dudes have hit the penn for four good years and got out smiling.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by 2buffagain(m): 3:18pm On May 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

That's if he has a mugu partner.... Remember that less than 100k will get you many criminals out there who will gladly kill that thief, before he leaves that jail.

MBJ, Longest time bro.
Looks like we both came back visiting NL
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by obamabinladen(m): 3:19pm On May 06, 2017
doskie:
the truth is.. with that kind if money, he will be a king in jail. he will fees properly and inmates will work for him. even guards will bring him out most times to gist with them, and when hes out, he is secure with that fund.

Exactly, the judge was too merciful in h/her judgement.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by doskie(m): 3:21pm On May 06, 2017
Pchinak:

Hahahaha, don't compare sleep with death please. No one takes your human dignity and throw into the gutters in your hostels, no one can make you a sex slave in your hostels. Remember I said if the other guy is determined, very easy to poison you, very easy to paralyze you in there and no one will bat an eyelid.
brother... you are describing jail like you have a first hand experience. trust me dude... there are multimillionaires there who dont wanna come out. good businesses. you see this kush you smoke every day? a pot of kush in jail is 200k. yes ! you got that right. 2 fuckin hundred kay! what of sk? i dont wanna say much. but that dude will comeout of the jail richer and happier than you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Pchinak: 3:28pm On May 06, 2017
doskie:
forget that thing. dudes have hit the penn for four good years and got out smiling.

doskie:
brother... you are describing jail like you have a first hand experience. trust me dude... there are multimillionaires there who dont wanna come out. good businesses. you see this kush you smoke every day? a pot of kush in jail is 200k. yes ! you got that right. 2 fuckin hundred kay! what of sk? i dont wanna say much. but that dude will comeout of the jail richer and happier than you can imagine.

Smh. Nairaland...It's ok.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 06, 2017
Chevalier:

He get sense. He no go spend money for prison and after dem don release am him money go still dey wait. He too get sense abeg.
All wrong. As a the plaintiff I will ruin his hopes and aspirations before he comes out of prison.... In fact he will not be complete if he's lucky to come out at all. In Nigeria everything can be arranged. Loosing his sight in prison accident is a viable option.... Erasing all his​ assets while prison is not left out.. sending his kids fingers to him in prison is also an option... I will so mess with his head that what he thinks he has he will give with begging..... His mother a fair game..... Wife also...
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by burkingx(f): 3:47pm On May 06, 2017
delzbaba:
32 litres is equal to 6million For which country
.........Maybe na 32 liters of Nuclear Reactor Diesel ! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Chevalier(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2017
SmartChoices:

All wrong. As a the plaintiff I will ruin his hopes and aspirations before he comes out of prison.... In fact he will not be complete if he's lucky to come out at all. In Nigeria everything can be arranged. Loosing his sight in prison accident is a viable option.... Erasing all his​ assets while prison is not left out.. sending his kids fingers to him in prison is also an option... I will so mess with his head that what he thinks he has he will give with begging..... His mother a fair game..... Wife also...
Then you are putting urself in another trouble.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Broderick555: 4:31pm On May 06, 2017
32 litres of oil?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Political Thugs Storm Man's House In Kogi, Shoot Him Dead. Graphic Photos / Jealous Lover Traces Cheating Girlfriend To Hotel, Damages Property / Nudes: Sherifah Zarma "Ibrahim Abubakar Lajada Trying To Release My Nude Photos"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.