Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. (4329 Views)

"Abba Kyari Is Not Dead" - Femi Fani-Kayode Dismisses Rumours / Buhari's Next Level: The Influence Of Adams Oshiomhole In APC Dominance / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 5:49pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

That is absolutely false. Igbo leaders led by Zik wanted a more united Nigeria before independence. Igbos only wanted out because they lost out as a result of the first coup.

Rubbish! So we shall continue with what Zik wants...What of the northern that wanted division and now want unity? A man has the right to change at any time. Maybe you are as rigid as a stone...

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 5:57pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

Rubbish! So we shall continue with what Zik wants...What of the northern that wanted division and now want unity? A man has the right to change at any time. Maybe you are as rigid as a stone...

I will explain it to you bro, do you know what is called "unforced error" in tennis? That is what Ironsi committed when he made Nigeria a unitary state. Nigeria founding fathers rejected it before independence for some reason.
After the second coup when Ironsi had been eliminated, the northern soldiers were shouting "araba" meaning they wanted separation until the british alerted them to the foolishness of that move.
The country was now under their control and it has been like that ever since.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 5:59pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

When you dealing with the lives of millions of people you can't get precarious.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:00pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

I will explain it to you bro, do you know what is called "unforced error" in tennis? That is what Ironsi committed when he made Nigeria a unitary state. Nigeria founding fathers rejected it before independence for some reason.
After the second coup when Ironsi had been eliminated, the northern soldiers were shouting "araba" meaning they wanted separation until the british alerted them to the foolishness of that move.
The country was now under their control and it has been like that ever since.

..and so what?

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Ozid(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2017
FFK will never learn. You think writing rubbish to spite the south against north will make a united southern Nigeria? The answer is No. No matter your (FFK) show of solidarity to Nnamdi Kanu, the Igbos will always not like you. The hatred between Yoruba and Igbos is not something that started today and is not something that can end one day. Lemme watch and see where this is heading to.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:04pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

..and so what?

And so igbos lost out and became adrift and Yorubas became very good survivalists.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:07pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

And so igbos lost out and became adrift and Yorubas became very good survivalists.

...How long would the Yorubas survive...Is that what you defeatist want? Can you go to space with the way you are surviving? Don't you have the balls to fight to be able to progress at your pace, instead of shouting down on the Igbos that want to control their lives? Ambode, can't even work on the Lagos airport road as he is being frustrated by the federal government. How long would you continue to survive? Your children will inherit survivalists tendencies...in their own country...

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Dedetwo(m): 6:09pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Yorubas were the first to campaign for stronger regions an idea which was frustrated by Zik, nobody knew where the igbos stood on restructuring until Jonathan lost the election.
Igbos have the right to blame anything or anyone for losing the way but the fact remains that there was never any agreement between Yoruba and Igbo to jointly secede from Nigeria.

Talk is holistically cheap. Ndigbo were the people who led some few groups in a gun fight to restructure the zoo called Nigeria. The last time I check though, Yari.ba fought for silly "One Nigeria". You can loudmouth all you want the about testing a food but the actuality comes in the eating. It is not is pat on the back to say the Ndigbo fought a war to change Nigeria as we know it today.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Ngozi123(f): 6:11pm On May 06, 2017
Wasn't he amongst those fanning the flames of the rivalry between the Igbos and Yorubas? Ndigbo should beware of these wolves in sheep's clothing.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:12pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

...How long would the Yorubas survive...Is that what you defeatist want? Can you go to space with the way you are surviving? Don't you have the balls to fight to be able to progress at your pace, instead of shouting down on the Igbos that want to control their lives? Ambode, can't even work on the Lagos airport road as he is being frustrated by the federal government. How long would you continue to survive?

Defeatist? No, they are actually very smart. I hope Nigeria doesn't brake up but if it does that is when you will realize how effective the strategy is.
The Igbo are free to pursue their own agenda if they think they can do it alone without dragging Yoruba to it.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by TheStronghold: 6:12pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

That is absolutely false. Igbo leaders led by Zik wanted a more united Nigeria before independence. Igbos only wanted out because they lost out as a result of the first coup.
100% Truth. Everyone who knows history can see this.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:14pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Defeatist? No, they are actually very smart. I hope Nigeria doesn't brake up but if it does that is when you will realize how effective the strategy is.
The Igbo are free to pursue their own agenda if they think they can do it alone without dragging Yoruba to it.

Are you serious? Who is dragging the Yorubas into anything? Rather the Yorubas want one Nigeria at all cost, as they prefer to be survivalists than taking the country of their lives...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:14pm On May 06, 2017
Dedetwo:

Talk is holistically cheap. Ndigbo were the people who led some few groups in a gun fight to restructure the zoo called Nigeria. The last time I check though, Yari.ba fought for silly "One Nigeria". You can loudmouth all you want the about testing a food but the actuality comes in the eating. It is not is pat on the back to say the Ndigbo fought a war to change Nigeria as we know it today.

You can twist history all you want but facts are stubborn. Igbo decided to secede unilaterally thinking they can pull it off alone and they lost, end of story.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:18pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

Are you serious? Who is dragging the Yorubas into anything? Rather the Yorubas want one Nigeria at all cost, as they prefer to be survivalists than taking the country of their lives...

Yoruba were asking for restructuring of the federation even during Babangida, nobody knew the position of igbo until recently when Jonathan was defeated after the igbo erroneously thought their support was all he needed.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Nowenuse: 6:18pm On May 06, 2017
Yoruba/Igbo unity can never work because of yoruba muslims who are very eager to please Hausa-fulanis, and will always be ready to betray the alliance.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:20pm On May 06, 2017
Nowenuse:
Yoruba/Igbo unity can never work because of yoruba muslims who are very eager to please Hausa-fulanis, and will always be ready to betray the alliance.

Yoruba muslim and Christian dichotomy is a figment of your imagination. Nigerians have been living together now long enough for the different tribes to understand each other.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Dedetwo(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

You can twist history all you want but facts are stubborn. Igbo decided to secede unilaterally thinking they can pull it off alone and they lost end of story.

How does unilaterally secession of Ndigbo from the zoo called Nigeria damages your future? Ndigbo and rest of the Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa and Kanuri in Nigeria are not brothers and sisters therefore had the inalienable right to secede from the zoo. Since some dummies in Nigeria have decided that the call for self determination is war, Ndigbo must be prepared for war the next time around.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:24pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Yoruba were asking for restructuring of the federation even during Babangida, nobody knew the position of igbo until recently when Jonathan was defeated after the igbo erroneously thought their support was all he needed.

Yorubas could be asking for restructuring since your progenitor fall from the sky...and it has not happened? So when will you have your restructuring? MASSOB was formed in 1999...and has nothing to do with your Jonathan...You need some education, though...

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:27pm On May 06, 2017
Dedetwo:

How does unilaterally secession of Ndigbo from the zoo called Nigeria damages your future? Ndigbo and rest of the Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa and Kanuri in Nigeria are not brothers and sisters therefore had the inalienable right to secede from the zoo. Since some dummies in Nigeria have decided that call for self determination is war, Ndigbo must be prepared for war the next time around.

You can do it brother, unfortunately the path is very narrow. Either all Nigerians sit down and decide to peaceful part ways or by force. That is what Ojukwu did and lost and that is what ipob is calling for once again.
You have a God given right to determine what direction you want to go but you have absolutely no right to drag Yoruba to it if they are not willing.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:33pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

Yorubas could be asking for restructuring since your progenitor fall from the sky...and it has not happened? So when will you have your restructuring? MASSOB was formed in 1999...and has nothing to do with your Jonathan...You need some education, though...

Because people like you are tethered to fear and mistrust and hate. If Nigeria is going to fall apart which I don't pray for, it will collapse because Nigerians have decided not to use their brains anymore, it will fall apart because hate and tribalism and mistrust is more attractive to folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Dedetwo(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

You can do it brother, unfortunately the path is very narrow. Either all Nigerians sit down and decide to peaceful part ways or by force. That is what Ojukwu did and lost and that is what ipob is calling for once again.
You have a God given right to determine what direction you want to go but you have absolutely no right to drag Yoruba to it if they are not willing.

If you think today's Nigeria is 1967 era, you must be playing with fire. Nigeria must disintegrate, period. It is unfathomable to any Igbo person to declare a war because certain goons want to separate from Nigeria. If Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani or Kanuri want to secede or announce secession from the Nigeria, Ndigbo will be at the boundary to wave them bye-bye with cheers.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:39pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Because people like you are tethered to fear and mistrust and hate. If Nigeria is going to fall apart which I don't pray for, it will collapse because because Nigerians have decided not to use their brains anymore, it will fall apart because hate and tribalism and mistrust is more attractive to folks like you.

If you asked which tribe do more tribalism would you say it is Igbo? Yoruba are extremely clannish than any other tribes in Nigeria. You don't invest in any region than yours, while other tribes invest everywhere including your region. So you can see. Tribalism and mistrust are more from you...as you are afraid of all tribes other than your own...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:39pm On May 06, 2017
Dedetwo:

If you think today's Nigeria is 1967 era, you must be playing with fire. Nigeria must disintegrate, period. It is unfathomable to any Igbo person to declare a war because certain goons want to separate from Nigeria. If Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani or Kanuri want to secede or announce secession from the Nigeria, Ndigbo will be at the boundary to wave them bye-bye with cheers.

You and your fellow igbos on this thread are on a different spectrum. Some wants to secede by force and you are telling me you will be at the boundary! Boundary of what exactly? You will be at the boundaries and insult Yoruba and Hausa until they get tired of you and give you your independence?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:42pm On May 06, 2017
M
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:42pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

If you asked which tribe do more tribalism would you say it is Igbo? Yoruba are extremely clannish than any other tribes in Nigeria. You don't invest in any region than yours, while other tribes invest everywhere including your region. So you can see. Tribalism and mistrust are more from you...as you are afraid of all tribes other than your own...

Investment is a function of market and business viability. People invest primarily where they are sure of recouping their investment and making a return and if that place is kafanchan that is where they will go.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:49pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Investment is a function of market and business viability. People invest primarily where they are sure of recouping their investment and making a return and if that place is kafanchan that is where they will go.

...and going to church is also market and business visibility? How many Yorubas attend churches other their own churches, compared to Igbos attending Yoruba churches...? My friend leave that thing...You are heavily tribalist...

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 6:51pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

...and going to church is also market and business visibility? How many Yorubas attend churches other their own churches, compared to Igbos attending Yoruba churches...? My friend leave that thing...You are heavily tribalist...

Seriously, I have no data on who attends what. I won't discuss spurious allegations that have no basis in fact.
Maybe I am a tribalist, maybe I like my tribe but I harbour no hate for yours.
You accused me of being a tribalist yet I haven't described your ancestors as falling from the sky. Did I hear you say hypocrisy?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 6:55pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Seriously, I have no data on who attends what. I won't discuss spurious allegations that have no basis in fact.

When you are cornered, you look for a fact...You should use your head to adduce. Take churches like Redeem and other pentecostal churches...Most Nigerians know that the Yorubas are the champions of tribalism...PERIOD!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 7:01pm On May 06, 2017
Cooly100:

When you are cornered, you look for a fact...You should use your head to adduce. Take churches like Redeem and other pentecostal churches...Most Nigerians know that the Yorubas are the champions of tribalism...PERIOD!!

Spurious allegations again and again! Most people are this and that, this exactly is your problem. You make a lot of spurious and general statements, how many Yorubas do you even know personally? Yet, you sound like an expert on Yoruba daily activities and even what they are thinking in their heads!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Dedetwo(m): 7:02pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

You and your fellow igbos on this thread are on a different spectrum. Some wants to secede by force and you are telling me you will be at the boundary! Boundary of what exactly? You will be at the boundaries and insult Yoruba and Hausa until they get tired of you and give you your independence?

A mere combination of Yoruba and Hausa including Fulani and Kanuri cannot withstand Ndigbo in a conventional war. I love to associate with prowess of Biafrans any day of my life. It took combination of military efforts of northern region, western region, mid-western region, some parts of eastern region all of Nigeria, Britain, USSR, Egypt, Arab League of Nations, Canada, Australia, Niger, Chad and Cameroon almost three years to subdue Biafra. Jokers such as you who have been relatively drowned by the events of yesteryears are due for rude shock.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Cooly100: 7:03pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Spurious allegations again and again! Most people are this and that, this exactly is your problem. You make a lot os Spurious and general statements, how many Yorubas do you even know personally? Yet, you sound like an expert on Yoruba daily activities and even what they are thinking in their heads!

I am done with you. You can believe whatever you want. You can go back and see where the conversation started...

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by BAILMONEY: 7:10pm On May 06, 2017
Igboesika:
Afonja mooozlems are major problem of true Yorubas and they wl always be.

They always a*s lick their @boki masters even when they are seen as inferior moooozles.
Smh, those people are damn terrible.

Spits!!
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. THE LIKES OF MACLATUNJI, TBABA123, SWEETLEMON, CARINMOM, MADRIDGUY AND PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA ARE THE REAL PROBLEM OF SOUTH WEST

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Want Evidence Buhari Is Planning Ruga Settlement See Evidence- Reno Omokr / The Changing Story In Cameroun: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From It? / IPOB Breaks Mans Sienna In Nnewi For Refusing To Sit At Home For Nnamdi Kanu - V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.