Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. (4306 Views)

"Abba Kyari Is Not Dead" - Femi Fani-Kayode Dismisses Rumours / Buhari's Next Level: The Influence Of Adams Oshiomhole In APC Dominance / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 7:11pm On May 06, 2017
Dedetwo:

A mere combination of Yoruba and Hausa including Fulani and Kanuri cannot withstand Ndigbo in a conventional war. I love to associate with prowess of Biafrans any day of my life. It took combination of military efforts of northern region, western region, mid-western region, some parts of eastern region all of Nigeria, Britain, USSR, Egypt, Arab League of Nations, Canada, Australia, Niger, Chad and Cameroon almost three years to subdue Biafra. Jokers such as you who have been relatively drowned by the events of yesteryears are due for rude shock.

Biafra lost and they are still bitter 50 years on, how and why they lost is only relevant as a subject of history.
If you think you are ready to have a go at Nigeria once more I wish you God's speed, and I wish you will respect others who may have a different goal or strategy from yours.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Nwakaumu(m): 7:50pm On May 06, 2017
Our Motto;we shall never forgive,nor forget yoruba and Hausa-Fulani conspirators.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 8:07pm On May 06, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Our Motto;we shall never forgive,nor forget yoruba and Hausa-Fulani conspirators.

As Yoruba would say " ti owo omode o ba te eku ida, a kii beere iku to pa baba eni" Meaning if a child does not have the handle of the sword he shouldn't be asking about how his father died, simple logic.
You need a better motto.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by evilyoruba: 8:17pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Biafra lost and they are still bitter 50 years on, how and why they lost is only relevant as a subject of history.
If you think you are ready to have a go at Nigeria once more I wish you God's speed, and I wish you will respect others who may have a different goal or strategy from yours.
But why are the likes of you want igbos in your Nigeria?any are not interested in having a Yoruba only country? Can't you people rule yourselves? Why do you so much want igbos with you? This is more than attache by force

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Nwakaumu(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2017
You mean how Awololowo your father died? It was by taking aba-made rat poison.akpa amu di ka gi.The day of reckoning is coming for yoruba for their ignoble role in committing genocide against my people,and it will be bloody, we,the post-war generation of biafrans are even more embittered than our fathers,and we re getting ready for the showdown.in,Kanu,s voice"nti nuru ya ga asu wuruwuru".
Guestlander:

As Yoruba would say " ti owo omode o ba te eku ida, a kii beere iku to pa baba eni" Meaning if a child does not have the handle of the sword he shouldn't be asking about how his father died, simple logic.
You need a better motto.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 8:29pm On May 06, 2017
evilyoruba:

But why are the likes of you want igbos in your Nigeria?any are not interested in having a Yoruba only country? Can't you people rule yourselves? Why do you so much want igbos with you? This is more than attache by force

The country is made up of several tribes and different interests, it will be difficult for any group even the Hausa and Fulani to pull out unilaterally without some people having their rights or interests trampled upon. The minorities in the north may decide not to go with them.

Even some minorities is the southwest may decide not to join the SW, this is why your next civil war is probably doomed before you have started unless you have some aircraft carriers and submarines with nuclear weapons.

Trust me, if Igbos will decide to go today with only core igbo states and nothing else, Nigerians may become less hostile to the idea.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 8:32pm On May 06, 2017
Nwakaumu:
You mean how Awololowo your father died? It was by taking aba-made rat poison.akpa amu di ka gi.The day of reckoning is coming for yoruba for their ignoble role in committing genocide against my people,and it will be bloody, we,the post-war generation of biafrans are even more embittered than our fathers,and we re getting ready for the showdown.in,Kanu,s voice"nti nuru ya ga asu wuruwuru".

Lolzzzz, are you a comedian?

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by donmalcolm21(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2017
Built2last:
An average Igbo man doesn't trust a yoruba man.

The war left a bitter experience that older Igbo generations have cascaded down to the younger ones.

It is unfortunate because its a blanket belief.

The Igbos felt that, to have sustained themselves with their own economy, transportation, accepted currency in 47 countries, they would have won the war if not that Yorubas through Awo, aligned with the north. That bitter experience Igbos will not forget in a hurry.

The agitation for seccession has been sustained by Igbos since after the war and Yorubas are the first to shout and scream there shall be no Biafra each time Igbos talk. This comes with apprehension in trusting Yorubas by Igbos.

I beleive in stronger south. The united south with stronger economy have no business being ruled by the north.

Look at the current security leadership of Nigeria. Military and para-military all Northerners.

its nothing but to consolidate and engender a stronger hegemony.

Yoruba leaders desire to be a republic because they have all it takes to be a great nation, but do not want to be at the fore-front of it.

I am amazed that Yorubas with the greatest seaport in Africa are scared of forming a strong nation.

They remind igbos that they are land locked and so cannot survive. I laugh at the parochial conclusion,

Europe has 27 member states, only 14 have access to water. the other 13 is land locked and some of them have existed for centuries.

look at Monaco and Gilbratar in Europe, these countries have practically nothing but services but leave well.

Igbos have River Niger bordered at Onitsha.

When dubai was established in the 80s. the country was a wilderness. today they boast of 14 lakes and still conquering nature.

can we have a stronger south? Yes we can

This is a Yoruba man talking without sentiments.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Nwakaumu(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2017
Guestlander:

Lolzzzz, are you a comedian?
Nope,take my words to the bank;its a solemn pledge.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Guestlander: 9:03pm On May 06, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Nope,take my words to the bank;its a solemn pledge.

Ok sir! Words taken to the bank already.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by lilytender: 9:04pm On May 06, 2017
Masterclass32:

Recall that the leadership of the
Movement for the Actualization of
the Sovereign State of Biafra,
MASSOB, yesterday warned the
South easterners against being
carried away by the recent solidarity they are getting from
the Yorubas.

The group went further to
describe them as hypocrites, who did everything to exterminate the
Igbo race during the Civil War.

MASSOB was reacting to the leader
of the Indigenous People of Biafra,
IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu’s visit to Fani-Kayode’s home in Abuja few days after his release from prison.

However, in what could be a
reaction to MASSOB statement, the
former Minister wrote via
@realFFK, his twitter handle,
“Division, Suspicion, acrimony
and unhealthy rivalry between the Igbo and Yoruba is the oxygen
that gives strength to Northern
hegemony.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/05/06/igbo-yoruba-causing-hausafulani-dominance-fani-kayode/

If you repeat the same senseless war, we the descendants of Oduduwa will repeat the same 1967 o 1970 action. Period. If you offer a hand shake, I will give you a hug; but if you throw a punch towards me, I will bring out my sword. I pray for my friends and curse my enemies. I am not Jesus, only Jesus prayed for his enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:58pm On May 06, 2017
... It's simple. Once beaten twice shy. A simple apology from the leaders of the South west region concerning the ignoble role their forefathers played during the ill-fated civil war would forever buried the hatchet between Ndigbo and the people of the South west. I know it may not be easy but IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 10:20pm On May 06, 2017
Built2last:
An average Igbo man doesn't trust a yoruba man.

The war left a bitter experience that older Igbo generations have cascaded down to the younger ones.

It is unfortunate because its a blanket belief.

The Igbos felt that, to have sustained themselves with their own economy, transportation, accepted currency in 47 countries, they would have won the war if not that Yorubas through Awo, aligned with the north. That bitter experience Igbos will not forget in a hurry.

The agitation for seccession has been sustained by Igbos since after the war and Yorubas are the first to shout and scream there shall be no Biafra each time Igbos talk. This comes with apprehension in trusting Yorubas by Igbos.

I beleive in stronger south. The united south with stronger economy have no business being ruled by the north.

Look at the current security leadership of Nigeria. Military and para-military all Northerners.

its nothing but to consolidate and engender a stronger hegemony.

Yoruba leaders desire to be a republic because they have all it takes to be a great nation, but do not want to be at the fore-front of it.

I am amazed that Yorubas with the greatest seaport in Africa are scared of forming a strong nation.

They remind igbos that they are land locked and so cannot survive. I laugh at the parochial conclusion,

Europe has 27 member states, only 14 have access to water. the other 13 is land locked and some of them have existed for centuries.

look at Monaco and Gilbratar in Europe, these countries have practically nothing but services but leave well.

Igbos have River Niger bordered at Onitsha.

When dubai was established in the 80s. the country was a wilderness. today they boast of 14 lakes and still conquering nature.

can we have a stronger south? Yes we can

Did Yorubas trust Eboes before the war ?? Eboes are by nature greedy ,selfish and liars. They are a people with no priniples as Nnamdi Kanu has demonstrated leaving his naive collaborators in prison to go about eating jollof with Yoloba people .No one can have any alliance with them not even theselves.

The Eboes collaborated in the jailing of Awolowo ,the killing of Akintola and a conspiracy with the NPC and NCNC against the West. They always think they are clever when they are the most foolish politically. Personally the Eboes and the Yoruba have very good relationships but as a group they are politically backward and a huge liability even to themselves. Yes Nigeria should break up and I hoe it is eaceful.We will cntinue to be neighbours after all and will have no choice but to do business of sorts together. But I am reallly sorry to say this poliitially Eboes are like children they never think about the consequences of their actions and cannot think long term at all.

Any group that line up behind Nnaamdi Kanu deserve to be pitied.

Yorubas are "scared" of forming a nation? Beause they do not do it when you want them to or how you want them to according to your timetable and agenda? Ask yourself who is closer to achieving that today of the two groups?

Politically you are novices. There is nothing like South so don't go there.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Built2last: 10:29pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:

Did Yorubas trust Eboes before the war ?? Eboes are by nature greedy ,selfih and liars .No one have have any alliance with them nott even theselves.

The Eboes collaborated in the jailing of Awolowo ,the killing of Akintola and a conspiracy with the NPC and NCNC against the West. They always think they are clever when they are the most foolish politically. Personally the Eboes and the Yoruba have very good relationships but as a group they are politically backward and a huge liability even to themselves. Yes Nigeria should break up and I hoe it is eaceful.We will cntinue to be neighbours after all and will have no choice but to do business of sorts together. But I am reallly sorry to say this poliitially Eboes are like children they never think about the consequences of their actions and cannot think long term at all.

Any group that line up behind Nnaamdi Kanu deserve to be pitied

I have never believed in Nnamdi Kanu's approach to secession. It is achaic, parochial and suicidal.

What will divide Nigeria will be election. It will happen someday.

Yes Igbos and Yoruba were strong allies prior to amalgamation and then independence and war. If you are a good student of history...Igbos are commercial migrants by nature. This Yorubas understood and allowed Igbos dominate in commerce and Engineering while Yorubas soared in Education and law. Today, Yoruba s and Igbos struggle for dominance in those areas while the north smile home on free money from politics
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2017
Built2last:

I have never believed in Nnamdi Kanu's approach to secession. It is achaic, parochial and suicidal.

What will divide Nigeria will be election. It will happen someday.

Yes Igbos and Yoruba were strong allies prior to amalgamation and then independence and war. If you are a good student of history...Igbos are commercial migrants by nature. This Yorubas understood and allowed Igbos dominate in commerce and Engineering while Yorubas soared in Education and law. Today, Yoruba s and Igbos struggle for dominance in those areas while the north smile home on free money from politics
Eboes and Yoruba have NEVER been allies.

The same Eboes who woke up one day and killed Akintola and Okoti-Eboh whilst saving Okpara and Zik. We are not as stupid as you think. You killed Balewa and Sardauna and not one of your own people.

As if that was not enough your folf started making records taunting the Northerners

ewu ne be akwa

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by Built2last: 11:03pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
Eboes and Yoruba have NEVER been allies.

The same Eboes who woke up one day and killed Akintola and Okoti-Eboh whilst saving Okpara and Zik. We are not as stupid as you think. You killed Balewa and Sardauna and not one of your own people.

As if that was not enough your folf started making records taunting the Northerners

ewu ne be akwa

I would rather leave you to your half baked and disjointed knowledge of history. S.L Akintola said to Awo. If we relate, we shall meet again. If you know the origin of that statement you won't type this balderdash.

Eboes in your words and yorubastardards are the south's greatest problem. Get off your horse and see the real enemy. They killed Abiola...They killed Awo..They will kill Tinubu if he becomes a threat to 2019
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2017
Built2last:

I would rather leave you to your half baked and disjointed knowledge of history. S.L Akintola said to Awo. If we relate, we shall meet again. If you know the origin of that statement you won't type this balderdash.

Eboes in your words and yorubastardards are the south's greatest problem. Get off your horse and see the real enemy. They killed Abiola...They killed Awo..They will kill Tinubu if he becomes a threat to 2019
You people are essentially villagers .You never developed any political form of self administration or organization beyond the vilage level an so you reason like villagers.We have no enemies
we manage our environment and have done so for centuries Yoruba are not afraid of the future we will be alright.....

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2017
obailala:
For the first time, I totally agree with FFK. The upper hand the north has politically in Nigeria isn't because of population or landmass or higher number
of representatives or British influence (as we've deluded ourselves with for 56 years now); the only reason the north has a say politically in Nigeria is cos of the foolishness of the south eastern and south western blocks to ever unite for any single purpose since 1960 till date.
The reason the North have the upper hand is because the Eboes foolishly tried to get the upper hand b force and deceit in Januay 1966 and the North countered 6 months later and used their strength in the militay to consolidate.
One joker said Yoruba are not in the forefront of a struggle for independence.
The difference between Yoruba and Eboes is long term thinking while Eboes act liike a hammer in whose eyes everything is a nail that ust be struck. No Eboe leader has any clear idea in their head what will happen on DAY ONE after an independent Biafra is achieved . If is an impulsive testosterone driven idea with no plan. After independence is there a vision on whether they will be at war or peace with Nigeria or whatever remains after Nigeria? What kind of peace?
What developments are Eboes putting on their land in preparation for that day?
The reason Yoruba cannot ally with the Eboes is simple : With the North they have interests and generally tend to act in their interests and so even where there is conflict of interest one can do business with such people politically ,one can negotiate with them. The Eboes on the other hand in their politics are totally strange and unpredictable. Their only interest is personal so you cannot negotiate with any Eboe politician.

Today you hear people crying about copany headquarters in Lagos ,Seaport only in Lagos and so on. What have Eboe leaders done for their region. In 1979-1983 Alex Ekwueme was Vice President while Awolowo was in Opposition. It was in that period that the Egbin Thermal Station in Lagos was built.
From 1999 to date we have had Okonjo-Iweala,Pius Anyim , Chharles Soludo, Stella Oduah, Nweke Jnr ,Andy Uba and several others close to governent at a time when Nigeria earned more fro oil and borrowed more than at any other time yet what does the SE have to show by way of Roads,rail,bridges or airports? The reason is simple Eboe politiccians are selfish and unpredictable.If you ally with them they are there to steal for themselves and will not deliver anything to their people and you will be the one blamed.
They keep shouting Biafra and expect Yoruba to join them foolishly. We will not do that. because we dot not cut down trees withut thinking of how and where it will fall

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by HughJazz(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2017
why don't your invest in your own land?!! is anyone forcing other tribes to invest in yoruba land? why are you people so dense?
Cooly100:

If you asked which tribe do more tribalism would you say it is Igbo? Yoruba are extremely clannish than any other tribes in Nigeria. You don't invest in any region than yours, while other tribes invest everywhere including your region. So you can see. Tribalism and mistrust are more from you...as you are afraid of all tribes other than your own...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by EazyMoh(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2017
Built2last:
[/b]

To be fair to the Igbos. they have never wanted to share their country with any one.

all they want is to go.
Shut up there! When the north wanted to break away it was Zik that was traveling lengths and breadths of the country shouting not to allow the north break away.
It was only after the second coup that it dawned on Igbos the taught of dominating the rest of Nigeria especially the north was not possible. That's when they start talking about secession.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by EazyMoh(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2017
Guestlander:

That is absolutely false. Igbo leaders led by Zik wanted a more united Nigeria before independence. Igbos only wanted out because they lost out as a result of the first coup.
Gbam! Thank you!
These people are done telling themselves lies they are now trying to tell it to the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by 7lives: 5:49pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=Cooly100 post=56270675]

Are you serious? Who is dragging the Yorubas into anything? Rather the Yorubas want one Nigeria at all cost, as they prefer to be survivalists than taking the country of their lives...[/quote

If Yoruba wants one Nigeria, pull your Igboland out of Nigeria, Yoruba will not do anybody's hatchet job.
Yorubas are not holding you Igbos down, the road is very clear now, go to Abuja and get your Biafra.
Sometimes I wonder if there is anything in those blocks you people call heads, Yoruba can never be the reason you can't get Biafra now, plan, organize and execute your plans simple.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by 7lives: 6:05pm On May 07, 2017
Cooly100:

If you asked which tribe do more tribalism would you say it is Igbo? Yoruba are extremely clannish than any other tribes in Nigeria. You don't invest in any region than yours, while other tribes invest everywhere including your region. So you can see. Tribalism and mistrust are more from you...as you are afraid of all tribes other than your own...

Why should I invest in other regions, what am I looking for that I can't find in my region.
I dont even remember where Yoruba's send out letters of invitation to any tribe in Nigeria to come and invest here.
Why will I leave civilization to invest in stone age? You guys are really very funny.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2017
The entire Eboeland is smaller than Oyo state. Eboe people refuse to invest there so there must be something they are lunning from. Why would any sensible nonEboe invest when Eboes are lunning away?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by 7lives: 6:22pm On May 07, 2017
aribisala0:
The reason the North have the upper hand is because the Eboes foolishly tried to get the upper hand b force and deceit in Januay 1966 and the North countered 6 months later and used their strength in the militay to consolidate.
The difference between Yoruba and Eboes is long term thinking while Eboes act liike a hammer in whose eyes everything is a nail that ust be struck. No Eboe leader has any clear idea in their head what will happen on DAY ONE after an independent Biafra is achieved . If is an impulsive testosterone driven idea with no plan. After independence is there a vision on whether they will be at war or peace with Nigeria or whatever remains after Nigeria? What kind of peace?
The reason Yoruba cannot ally with the Eboes is simple : With the North they have interests and generally tend to act in their interests and so even where there is conflict of interest one can do business with such people politically ,one can negotiate with them. The Eboes on the other hand in their politics are totally strange and unpredictable. Their only interest is personal so you cannot negotiate with any Eboe politician.

Today you hear people crying about copany headquarters in Lagos ,Seaport only in Lagos and so on. What have Eboe leaders done for their region. In 1979-1983 Alex Ekwueme was Vice President while Awolowo was in Opposition. It was in that period that the Egbin Thermal Station in Lagos was built.
From 1999 to date we have had Okonjo-Iweala,Pius Anyim , Chharles Soludo, Stella Oduah, Nweke Jnr ,Andy Uba and several others close to governent at a time when Nigeria earned more fro oil and borrowed more than at any other time yet what does the SE have to show by way of Roads,rail,bridges or airports? The reason is simple Eboe politiccians are selfish and unpredictable.If you ally with them they are there to steal for themselves and will not deliver anything to their people and you will be the one blamed.
They keep shouting Biafra and expect Yoruba to join them foolishly. We will not do that. because we dot not cut down trees withut thinking of how and where it will fall

Wa gbayi, sometimes I wonder if this people even think at all.
Wailing up and down, Yoruba is the problem, Yorubas are not co operating, as if na by force to buy their useless ideas.
They littered every remote village in Nigeria, and they keep shouting freedom, who takes such people serious?.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by obailala(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2017
aribisala0:

The current mindset you've just displayed is the exact mindset which I referred to in my previous post; it is the exact foundation of that foolishness (of the SE and SW) which has enabled the north hold on to its political stronghold strangle-hold on Nigeria since 1960.

These pointless accusations and counter accusations (which lead nowhere) and the inability (of the SE and SW) to know when to suspend it is the very foolishness I talked about.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2017
obailala:
The current mindset you've just displayed is the exact mindset which I referred to in my previous post; it is the exact foundation of that foolishness (of the SE and SW) which has enabled the north hold on to its political stronghold strangle-hold on Nigeria since 1960.

These pointless accusations and counter accusations (which lead nowhere) and the inability (of the SE and SW) to know when to suspend it is the very foolishness I talked about.
Foolishness is the problem of your mother and your father

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2017
obailala:

Let us go on a historical excursion for the young ones here.
In 1960 ZiK and his NCNC went into a political coalition with Balewa and his NPC to form the government as neither had enough of a majority under the rules of the parliamentary system. Awolowo's party the Action Group went into opposition. The exact same scenario played out in the 1965 election. By this time using their control of the centre they had facilitated the breakaway of the Midwest whilst suppressing similar agitation in the North and Eastern region. ..Suffice it to say the Eboes never saw at this point any need for SOUTHERN UNITY
IN1966 we had a January coup and Ironsi enacted decree 34.For those who don't know that was how regionalism, resource control,fiscal federalism etc came to an end in Nigeria. Ojukwu was around and saw nothing wrong with any of this after all an Eboes was in charge.
SUFFICE IT TO SAY THERE WAS NO CALL FOR SOUTHERN UNITY
The North struck back in July and suddenly Ojukwu wanted a return to regionalism, suddenly he was hanging on to alleged words of Awolowo who had been in prison, as justification for his military adventurism.Suddenly there was supposed to be SOUTHERN UNITY and if Yorubas did not play they were betrayers. Are these people autistic? Do they ever think of the balance between their interests and that of others?
In 1979 ,the Second Republic,again Zik went into alliance with Shagari's NPN and his party NPP were rewarded with the Speaker of the House of Rep's. Alex Ekwueme of course another Eboe of the NPN was VP. Awo remained steadfast in opposition.
The same scenario was repeated in 1983
There was a little difference. Ojukwu had returned and he joined NPN.
What does all this tell us about Eboe politicians. They do not like to be away from the central government or national cake and they cannot tolerate being in opposition just like we saw with Tinubu for many years. They lack shame and discipline.
Now for the first time in THEIR HISTORY They have the opportunity to taste opposition. For the first time in OUR HISTORY the You a have entered coalition with a Northern candidate albeit FROM OPPOSITION and they are BETRAYERS. BETRAYERS OF WHOM dare I ask?When did we start our romance that you are now asking for a kiss?
Please provide evidence of a time when in all the previous Eboe /North alliances that the Yorubas COMPLAINED. Just complained is what I am asking Not to talk of calling you BETRAYERS ,or asking for SOUTHERN UNITY.
You lost out in the 2015 elections just like we have TO YOU AND THE NORTH MANY TIMES before. We never started talking of southern unity,secession and all this rubbish.
Do you really think everyone is that forgetful or foolish? Now you are all decamping to APC. How shameless is that?
Nothing special has happened lately except that you lost an election
Why not manage that loss like adults. That is the only way to be taken seriously and respected

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by obailala(m): 8:27pm On May 07, 2017
aribisala0:

Let us go on a historical excursion for the young ones here.
In 1960 ZiK and his NCNC went into a political coalition with Balewa and his NPC to form the government as neither had enough of a majority under the rules of the parliamentary system. Awolowo's party the Action Group went into opposition. The exact same scenario played out in the 1965 election. By this time using their control of the centre they had facilitated the breakaway of the Midwest whilst suppressing similar agitation in the North and Eastern region. ..Suffice it to say the Eboes never saw at this point any need for SOUTHERN UNITY
IN1966 we had a January coup and Ironsi enacted decree 34.For those who don't know that was how regionalism, resource control,fiscal federalism etc came to an end in Nigeria. Ojukwu was around and saw nothing wrong with any of this after all an Eboes was in charge.
The North struck back in July and suddenly Ojukwu wanted a return to regionalism, suddenly he was hanging on to alleged words of Awolowo who had been in prison, as justification for his military adventurism.Suddenly there was supposed to be SOUTHERN UNITY and if Yorubas did not play they were betrayers. Are these people autistic? Do they ever think of the balance between their interests and that of others?
In 1979 ,the Second Republic,again Zik went into alliance with Shagari's NPN and his party NPP were rewarded with the Speaker of the House of Rep's. Alex Ekwueme of course another Eboe of the NPN was VP. Awo remained steadfast in opposition.
The same scenario was repeated in 1983
There was a little difference. Ojukwu had returned and he joined NPN.
What does all this tell us about Eboe politicians. They do not like to be away from the central government or national cake and they cannot tolerate being in opposition just like we saw with Tinubu for many years. They lack shame and discipline.
Now for the first time in THEIR HISTORY They have the opportunity to taste opposition. For the first time in OUR HISTORY the You a have entered coalition with a Northern candidate albeit FROM OPPOSITION and they are BETRAYERS. BETRAYERS OF WHOM dare I ask?When did we start our romance that you are now asking for a kiss?
Please provide evidence of a time when in all the previous Eboe /North alliances that the Yorubas COMPLAINED. Just complained is what I am asking Not to talk of calling you BETRAYERS ,or asking for SOUTHERN UNITY.
You lost out in the 2015 elections just like we have TO YOU AND THE NORTH MANY TIMES before. We never started talking of southern unity,secession and all this rubbish.
Do you really think everyone is that forgetful or foolish? Now you are all decamping to APC. How shameless is that?
Nothing special has happened lately except that you lost an election
Why not manage that loss like adults. That is the only way to be taken seriously and respected

You obviously do not still get the point do you?... Nobody is talking about the 'differences' of the SW vs SE; the point is that if as matured, educated and enlightened people, we do not know when to sheath our swords and work towards just one thing which is mutually beneficial to both zones (and other southern zones), then we will all continue to be losers. And by the way, this isnt about 2015 elections.

aribisala0:

[s]Foolishness is the problem of your mother and your father[/s]
No, foolishness is the reason the much more educated and progressive south will continue to be politically dominated by the north (with the attendant consequences which we all know). Once again, this is absolutely not about 2015 elections; and for the records, I was and I'm still a buharist under the current political dispensarion. But I'm referring to the bigger picture.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by jollymizzle(m): 8:34pm On May 07, 2017
I agree with FFK because it's the bitter truth. If only we can sit, reflect and count the cost(to both tribes) of our past present and continuous mistake, then no one would sleep until we can find a middle ground and come together with one voice. The igbos hate us(yorubas) mostly because they blame us for loosing the war, they call us betrayers, back stabbers, slaves to the north.etc. And we in turn hate them for hating us. But it's clear that at things stand, the igbos haven't moved on. They still hold a grudge even after 50years,and the truth is most of us wonder why?many other people's and nations have fought wars and moved on, the Jews suffered holocaust just 2 decades earlier than our civil war, Japan suffered nukes from the USA and lost its right to have a military. It's just about to amend it's constitution so they can have one but still Americans and Japanese get on well. The Rwandan tutsi have moved on from the genocide just 23 years ago . so the question is why can't igbos move on? Most of the most bitter people you will see recounting the events of the war weren't even born. I doubt we can count up to ten people who have posted a comment on this forum who witnessed the civil war. It's also worthy to note that most of the major players in the war are dead now and no one can be 100% sure what happened/led to the war . who knows the whole truth? An igbos man will claim they were wronged and a Yoruba man will equally refuse to accept the blame.hence a Yoruba man like me is blamed by an igbo man and we become enemies over a war we both know nothing about. While I can always sympathize with the igbos, I can't understand why I should be held responsible for what happened. I never liked nnamdi kanu, he himself wasn't born during the Civil War yet he succeeded in opening the wounds and the hate fostered and he was rightfully detained for it. Now he is out and I'm indifferent to what he does because I know he is harmless and had done his worst. I do hope he's had enough time to reflect on what he was doing and chart a new course. What he does from now is up to him, I think and hope he has changed though, because he may one day become the one to unify they igbos and yorubas. But one thing is certain, until the igbos move on, both of us will keep hating each other beneath the hausa/fulani.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by aribisala0(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2017
obailala:
You obviously do not still get the point do you?... Nobody is talking about the 'differences' of the SW vs SE; the point is that if as matured, educated and enlightened people, we do not know when to sheath our swords and work towards just one thing which is mutually beneficial to both zones (and other southern zones), then we will all continue to be losers. And by the way, this isnt about 2015 elections.

No, foolishness is the reason the much more educated and progressive south will continue to be politically dominated by the north (with the attendant consequences which we all know). Once again, this is absolutely not about 2015 elections; and for the records, I was and I'm still a buharist under the current political dispensarion. But I'm referring to the bigger picture.
Your starting point is all wrong. Assuming that what you think is good for you is good for us or that you are in a position to determine what is in our interests. We are not losers in Nigeria, let us be the judge of that. You sound like a man telling his neighbour COME MAKE WE GO SHiIT and when he says no you get angry.
There really is nothing to sheath. You are the one that fails to get it. We do not hate Eboes. Must we like them? We honestly are quite neutral but Ebony think in an emotional and sentimental way I. e IF YOU DON'T LOVE US THEN YOU HATE US. Let us have a relationship based on RESPECT that is all we ask for. We really do not have to love each other. When the opportunity to work together arises the Yoruba will work with anyone. Be reminded this is the FIRST TIME we are working with the North so why can't we work with Others. The Eboes are the ones who need to purge themselves of ancient grudges but even if that happens we will not show any favoritism towards them based on being in the SOUTH. We have strong and ancient ties with people in Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Edo and Delta states and even Benin Republic while we have only known the Eboes recently. We respect them as neighbours but that is it this SOUTH thing seems like blackmail and has no basis in anything truthful. The Yoruba do not believe in falsehood.
What I have said above is just about the main obstacle to working with Eboes
They don't know what they really want that's the main problem
This makes it impossible to negotiate with them.If you ask them what their problem with Yoruba is they will start talking of Awolowo. Are those serious people? Tell me who needs to sheath sword?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Causing Hausa/fulani Dominance - Fani-kayode. by NoBasisForUnity: 9:47pm On May 07, 2017
lilytender:

If you repeat the same senseless war, we the descendants of Oduduwa will repeat the same 1967 o 1970 action. Period. If you offer a hand shake, I will give you a hug; but if you throw a punch towards me, I will bring out my sword. I pray for my friends and curse my enemies. I am not Jesus, only Jesus prayed for his enemies.

You mean the ever-conquered children of oduduwa with foreign fulani emirates all over their lands as a sign of their everlasting servitude and slavery. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obigbo Is On Fire. Zoo Soldiers Attacking Our People / The Biggest Reason Why Most Yorubas Are Against Atiku / Atiku Visits Dino Malaye At SARS Hq Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.