Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46559 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 1:16pm On May 21, 2017
You obviously know what kind of bowing I'm talking about. We are discussing God so don't bring in how Englishmen bow to ladies.

Bowing to any statue , image or whatever in worship is completing wrong and the bible is clear on this.
easymancfc:

Even biblically all bowing does not connote worship..

The English gentleman bows to greet a lady or fellow gentlemen, or when he wants to ask her to dance..

the Chinese people bow to each other as a sign of respect or a greeting..

Yoruba people prostrate to greet their elders

Some men kneel during engagement to ask for a lady's hand..

All these acts do not mean worship,

You don't know what is in our hearts when we kneel or bow only God does, let him judge us if he sees our Bowing or kneeling as worship..
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Mpanyi: 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
italo:

So you believe that saints who have passed from this life can hold/offer/bear our prayer before Jesus...but that they cannot say their own words of prayer for the saints on earth.

Do you believe saints in heaven know what is happening on earth and can pray about it?
Forget that person he is lost. A sinner hell can intercede for his brothers in the world, how much. more a saint!
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by CanadianNurse: 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
kabasa77:

Paul said let Supplication be made by living people for living people, not asking some dead person to pray for you..
Saints are not dead! For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son that those who believe in him shall not perish but live everlasting life

The first Pope of the Catholic Church St Peter, this was what jesus said to him "Peter, the rock! On you I will build my church"

It's very painful how people go about brainwashing individuals, anyway it is written
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=Smeago007 post=56734454][/quote]

So people who endured and died in friendship with Christ are not saints, they stop being saints when they die??

the dead in Christ are living indeed because our God is a God of the Living see Mat 22:32... you read the whole Bible
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
yeah yeah you think your later day group birthed the bible abi?

No, I think Babylon invented it.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Uchemus(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2017
wilsonreuben:

You don't know it so i'll tell you. 'You are a Stupid Person!'. It takes the spirit of God to understand and you don't have it.
Splinz:

Enjoy your spree of foolishness.

[quote author=wilsonreuben post=56734295]

iv told this splinz guy that he is a retard and he is finding it hard to believe, to my disbelieve he mention in his earlier post that he is smart. Therez nothing more stupid than a stupid person to think (s)he is smart. Im sure dude was placed on goat milk when birthed, thats why he is thinking like a goat.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 1:21pm On May 21, 2017
Lmao
Splinz:

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2017
Amberon:
You obviously know what kind of bowing I'm talking about. We are discussing God so don't bring in how Englishmen bow to ladies.

Bowing to any statue , image or whatever in worship is completing wrong and the bible is clear on this.
I don't know what kind of bowing you're talking about...

LIKE I SAID EVEN BIBLICALLY.. NOT ALL BOWING CONNOTE WORSHIP.. AND WE HAVE TOLD YOU THAT OURS DOESN'T CONNOTE WORSHIP.. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING MORE THAN I DO..

HERE ARE SOME BIBLICAL BOWING WHICH DO NOT CONNOTE WORSHIP

1 kings 2:19 So Bathshe′ba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adoni′jah. And the king rose to meet her,and bowed down to her;

Gen 33:6 Then the maids drew near, they and their children, and bowed down; 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down; and last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down.

Gen 27:29 Let peoples serve you,and nations bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers,and may your mother’s sons bow down to you.

psalm 72:9 May his foes bow down before him,

If all bowing is worship then Jesus would be causing people to be idolatrous by his words in Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

ALL THIS DO NOT MEAN WORSHIP
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 1:23pm On May 21, 2017
Even a statue of Jesus that you bow down to is an idol.
chiomababy22:
What is an idol? Am a catholic and up till date i have never seen an idol in any catholic church. Wait a minute if you call the statue of my blessed mary ever virgin an idol what then do you call the images and pictures of your pastors and their wives hanging on the wall of your churches?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by blazer234: 1:24pm On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Which of the departed faithfuls did Mary pray for their intercession while she was alive?

You are only here to castigate and condemn, not to learn, because you think you know it all. Whereas your so-called knowledge is complete emptiness pushed on by arrogance and pride that coke before a heavy fall.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Omoluabi16(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2017
Mpanyi:

Forget that person he is lost. A sinner hell can intercede for his brothers in the world, how much. more a saint!
Sinners in hell can intercede?? Jesus is Lord!! Didn't you ever read the story of Lazarus and the rich man in the bible?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
there are images in catholic churches just as there were images in the Jewish temple. Catholic pray for others sin just as 1 jn says, the successors of the apostles still forgive sins in Christ name in 20:23. I may also have my image in the church. but Catholics only venerate glorified Christians
remember this question was about you..since you claimed you all bow down to yourselves asking each other for intercession like your individual mouths were quaked with stroke so as not to approach God yourselves through Jesus Christ...

Please put up your image in your church and that of your fellow brothers and bow down to them..

Keep constructing Mary's image. You all will answer to Jesus who never asked you guys to mold images.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2017
blazer234:

You are only here to castigate and condemn, not to learn, because you think you know it all. Whereas your so-called knowledge is complete emptiness pushed on by arrogance and pride that coke before a heavy fall.

Why don't you just answer the simple question instead of blowing grammar?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 1:28pm On May 21, 2017
Learn proper english writing before calling people names. You can barely communicate in english language and your posts are always incoherent. You have no business calling people slowpokes when you're clearly one. [quote author=Uchemus post=56734575][/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually I said I can depict it. do you understand English? or you just felt like writing live pictures where I wrote depiction? the live picture you need is painted in the bible with words do u need the passage?
dont depict ,just show me..at least someone just put up pictures of your colleagues out rightly bowing down to images which you were not instructed by God to venerate...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 1:29pm On May 21, 2017
You bow to Mary when you claim to worship right? That my dear connotes worship to Mary.
easymancfc:

I don't know what kind of bowing you're talking about...

LIKE I SAID EVEN BIBLICALLY.. NOT ALL BOWING CONNOTE WORSHIP.. AND WE HAVE TOLD YOU THAT OURS DOESN'T CONNOTE WORSHIP.. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING MORE THAN I DO..

HERE ARE SOME BIBLICAL BOWING WHICH DO NOT CONNOTE WORSHIP

1 kings 2:19 So Bathshe′ba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adoni′jah. And the king rose to meet her,and bowed down to her;

Gen 33:6 Then the maids drew near, they and their children, and bowed down; 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down; and last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down.

Gen 27:29 Let peoples serve you,and nations bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers,and may your mother’s sons bow down to you.

psalm 72:9 May his foes bow down before him,

If all bowing is worship then Jesus would be causing people to be idolatrous by his words in Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

ALL THIS DO NOT MEAN WORSHIP
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by WhistleB(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

I see. All these talk of insults is nothing but an emotional blackmail. Sorry, it doesn't work on me.

Op has no biblical backing for his rank idolatry, but the same old terrible twisting of scriptures to say what they want it to say. I asked a question which you may as well help him answer: Did Abraham asked Noah to intercede or was it Jesus that prayed for an intercession from one of His angels?

Op's submission in his bid to justify the worship (all that talk of "honoring" is a grand deception!) of Mary is simply humorous.
Dont mind them. They always try to justify their cult like worship ways. Hail Mary mother of GOD, pray for us sinners.........John 14:6 I am the way, the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. That was Jesus talking not Mary.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2017
Amberon:
Even a statue of Jesus that you bow down to is an idol.

indeed.. Just like the Cherubims on the ark of the covenant (exo 25:18), the bronze serpent that brought healing from snake bites (num 21: cool which was pointing to Christ (john 3:14)
Or Solomon and all the Jew's who worship God in his temple because that temple is filled with "idol" see 1 kings 6 and 7..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Smeago007(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2017
easymancfc:

So people who endured and died in friendship with Christ are not saints, they stop being saints when they die??

the dead in Christ are living indeed because our God is a God of the Living see Mat 22:32... you read the whole Bible

While they are alive they are saints
When they die

Its not your business what they are
We weren't told what they are after death.
Cos that how you go on believing things human put up as doctrine or beliefs
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=Uchemus post=56734575][/quote]

Okay
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Mpanyi: 1:35pm On May 21, 2017
Italo and Ubenedictus, I doff for you guys and others like you

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by blazer234: 1:35pm On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Why don't you just answer the simple question instead of blowing grammar?

Because your question doesn't make sense. In a bid to castigate and condemn because you feel you are better than Catholics, you are turning logic on its head.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2017
Amberon:
You bow to Mary when you claim to worship right? That my dear connotes worship to Mary.

then by that statement..

Solomon was worshiping his mother,

Jacob was worshiping his brother and Jesus commands the synagogue of Satan Jew's to worship The Philadelphians..

Yet they say we are ignorant
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Uchemus(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2017
Who is this dunce claiming English maestro, pls swerve before you come here to expose your stupidity. No one is in an English competition with you. Whats the use of your fluency when you act like a m0ron.
Amberon:
Learn proper english writing before calling people names. You can barely communicate in english language and your posts are always incoherent. You have no business calling people slowpokes when you're clearly one.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2017
blazer234:

Because your question doesn't make sense. In a bid to castigate and condemn because you feel you are better than Catholics, you are turning logic on its head.

Okay. I thought you had any sense to contribute. But alas, non. Bye.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
Smeago007:

While they are alive they are saints
When they die

Its not your business what they are
We weren't told what they are after death.
Cos that how you go on believing things human put up as doctrine or beliefs

Funny you.. read your Bible..

Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us,

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect

Hebrews 13: 7 Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God; consider the outcome of their life, and imitate their faith.

ITS OUR BUSINESS WHO THEY ARE AFTER THEY DIE, BECAUSE WE HOPE TO BE WHERE THEY ARE... AND FOLLOW THEIR EXAMPLES BETTER IF WE KNOW THE REWARD THEY RECEIVED

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
bayelsaowei:
remember this question was about you..since you claimed you all bow down to yourselves asking each other for intercession like your individual mouths were quaked with stroke so as not to approach God yourselves through Jesus Christ...

Please put up your image in your church and that of your fellow brothers and bow down to them..

Keep constructing Mary's image. You all will answer to Jesus who never asked you guys to mold images.. grin
you have now started lying. it seem u can't even discuss truthfully where did the claim above?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by blazer234: 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Okay. I thought you had any sense to contribute. But alas, non. Bye.

Imagine the so-called Christian calling someone senseless. By their fruits you shall know them. Your utterances are windows to show how your inner life is.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kelvin21887(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
I rather ask my mother Mary that am sure is in heaven to pray for me than go ask all these private jet owners to pray for me, to be noted am not even sure if they will make heaven self.....
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

No, I think Babylon invented it.
oh keep using your Babylon bible.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2017
blazer234:

Imagine the so-called Christian calling someone senseless. By their fruits you shall know them. Your utterances are windows to show how your inner life is.

blazer234:

Because your question doesn't make sense.

Another blackmail from a hypocrite! When you said I wasn't making sense, what were you implying? Oga, first of all remove the log of wood in your own eye!
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2017
bayelsaowei:
you see ehn...the likes of ubenedictus and every other Catholic who has blindly supported idolatry will answer to Jesus when the end comes...

And you k of what he's gonna tell them.."GET AWAY FROM ME YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS"...

IF THOSE pictures there aren't idolatry I wonder what it...

We should have stuck with the religions of our forefathers rather than hide behind idols and then claim to be serving God in heaven..
you are now the new judge who will tell us who goes to hell abi? accuser of the brethren.

e go shock ur feelings when u see me for heaven

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Armed Policemen At DSS As Suleman Honours DSS Invitation (Photos) / Photo - What A Magnificent Church Building! / Sex Scandal: Apostle Johnson Suleman Is INNOCENT Based On Evidence In This Repot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.