Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46868 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2017
LogicStatement:

With this your explanation, you've done great justice to the topic. Anyone that doesn't understand it now the way you've put it should reexamine his comprehensive skill
please ubenedictus and yourself should ask why the whole Catholic Church does not recite "holy benedictus or holy logicstatement please pray for us" ..why Mary in particular..? ?..why have an image of an imaginary Mary and then bow before it to pray through it??

Wait first... did Mary beg any of you to ask her to intercede for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Felicitalisco(f): 11:00am On May 21, 2017
I don't see the need for all this argument, we catholic knows the impact of our prayer in our lives and that's why we come out stronger and we don't change our religion,we know how fast our prayers get answered when we ask our blessed mother to intercede for us,its just like telling a queen mother to help u collect some things from the king,her son,even in the wedding of canaan,it was her intercession that saved the day,,,, everybody knows that most times we listen to our mum bfor any other person
this thing is so clear to understand,the same way u run to ur pastors to pray for u bcus u feel God listens to then fast,that's same way we kneel down ask the saints and virgin Mary to pray for us and say our catholic prayer and av u ever wondered why we don't get discourage even after all the attacks we get
because our prayer gets answered.

5 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by nemeomire: 11:01am On May 21, 2017
My Brother don't bother explaining further. Its obvious that the intention of the question was not to learn or understand, but to find fault and critisize. God bless you. I am satisfied with your explanation

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by nemeomire: 11:02am On May 21, 2017
My Brother don't bother explaining further. Its obvious that the intention of the question was not to learn or understand, but to find fault and critisize. God bless you. I am satisfied with your explanation.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by saintmark88(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2017
italo:

No. I want to tell you of saints in heaven and how they know what is happening on earth...and how they pray to God about it.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

Do you still arrogantly insist that Mary doesnt know what is happening on earth...or are ready to humble yourself and admit your ignorance.

Oga oooo splinz snooker up the top rope!!!!.....this nah punch o, oya counter am
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Shafiiimran99: 11:05am On May 21, 2017
ignatiuschinedu:
Mary the mother of Jesus had other children after Jesus.please,ask the spirit of God for better understanding of the scripture.For the scripture itself is spirit.
God is not the author of confusion, agreed. The question is, which bible do we believe? The one that say mary had another child or the one that say no?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by nemeomire: 11:07am On May 21, 2017
We catholics are satisfied with our own convinction. We don't need them to agree or accept before we are convinced. Whether they like it or not, we are doing it our way and its working for us period. I don't know why they keep attacking and critisizing us all the time. We have never for one day critisize or attack them. I sense envy.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by saintmark88(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

How come your priest have never come to you and confess his own sins?

John 20:23 is taken out of context. It doesn't bestow the power to forgive sins on any priest or pastor. Matthew 6:12 states: “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Do you now understand it?

Nothing in this passage even remotely suggest that men have the power to forgive sins. You'll also say God made man the judge and the liberator? Heretics!

In Mark 2:1-10, Jesus showed that for sicknesses to be healed, sins must be forgiven first. Thus He first said “Son, thy sins are forgiven.” The Scribes understood the implication of what it means to forgive sins—that it is God's exclusive right, thus reasoning in their hearts, they thought Jesus was blaspheming.

So James 5:14 isn't rocket science. For God to heal the sick according to the prayers of the elders, He must first of all forgives the sins of the sufferer. Why don't you also say that it is by the power of the elders that the sick will be healed?

Guy u just dey talk rubbish, go and siddon dem don win u
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Abrahamperkins22: 11:10am On May 21, 2017
only if the bible was real,GOD will indeed protect it words from unscrupulous addition and subtraction..... #kiss the truth
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by odugu(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me guide you a little. During the transfiguration, It is recorded in the Bible that Moses and Elijah appeared and were communing with Jesus. The experience was awesome to the extent that Peter could not contain his joy. Peter then said, Master (referring to Jesus) let us build three tents, one each for you, Moses and Elijah. My question is, were Moses and Elijah alive or dead by that time? The Bible is not a novel. You need a discerning spirit to really understand it. Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Felicitalisco(f): 11:13am On May 21, 2017
what will u say about the people who confessed to John the baptist

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by saintmark88(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Straws man arguments. Recycling the same thing over and over again. Are you this dull?

Tye an has resulted to insults, wen he can't ansa d question, shey una dey see am
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by saintmark88(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2017
easymancfc:

I might be presumptuous.. in assuming that you are a seventh day Adventist.. because all your thinking fits their theology..

You didn't prove that rev 6:9 is symbolic.... it is not, there are no symbolic martyrs, there is not symbolic vengeance, there is no symbolic people on earth to get vengeance on

Oga take one bottle of cold origin!!!!, u finish am der
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Omoluabi16(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2017
Lol. catholics can deny Jesus just to defend their church.

I will always Look unto Jesus, who is the author and finisher of my faith. John 14:6 says HE is the way, the truth and the life. Phil 1:21 says to live is CHRIST.
me I no understand any other saint or any other thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2017
italo:

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

Try again...to tell me that saints in heaven dont know and pray about events on earth. Kabasa77, help him.
in effect you are saying those souls were literally under an altar with their necks and bodies slaughtered...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2017
bayelsaowei:
please ubenedictus and yourself why the whole Catholic Church does not recite "holy benedictus or holy logicstatement please pray for us" ..why Mary in particular..? ?..why have an image of an imaginary Mary and then bow before it to pray through it??

Wait first... did Mary beg any of you to ask her to intercede for you
actually people come to me saying "pray for me ubenedictus" am sure same thing with logicstatement it is very common to ask for intercession and be asked for intercession, we ask the whole church for intercession including Peter Paul Mary etc.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Empredboy(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2017
kabasa77:
Bible says that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, and from there makes intercessions for us.. Even the Bible says the Holy Spirit helps us in our prayers, even as we don't know how to Pray..
is Jesus the same God ?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Empredboy(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2017
kabasa77:

And where is it written that the dead should interceded for the living. I guess you don't read the Bible, read it and gain knowledge, I answered u by giving you Bible verses that point to Jesus and only Jesus as the mediator and intercessor for Christian having made a public show of principalities and powers and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for us..
do you believe that God is the God of the living and the dead?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by BentSpoon(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2017
Oga all I know is that if I turn idol worshiper tomorrow and burn incense in my shrine and a rev. Come to destroy my shrine I go shoot am. Keep bowing to image u call Mary and that of what u call Jesus. U can't decieve me with what I see with my own eyes u people worship it shikenna. Who even knows the kind juju una priest dae plant inside that image

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Shaev7(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2017
Christ has always pray for His church To be One, so am not surprised that all this are up here. The Church (Catholic) got her doctrines from Jesus and other traditions, so whatever you say here all the Pentecostal it won't change any fact of Catholicism. Jesus is the Head of the Catholic Church, Pope is a representative of him (Physical head) of the church. am not surprised the church still suffers persecution till date, it all originated from the persecution of Christ who is the Church. All sacramental graces are bestowed in the Church.
I urge you all to read the story of Ulf Ekman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulf_Ekman

also
http://catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2014/08/13/how-i-moved-from-my-megachurch-to-catholicism/

Thank you.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Yeah. Aside his lame attempts aimed at justifying their rank idolatry and sheer butchering of the truths, the question is: Did Abraham pray to Noah to intercede or was it Jesus that prayed to angel Michael for intercession? And yes... he doesn't even know who a saint is.

Such a needless show of ignorance. SMH

What you've just done here is called "Ad Hominem" It's a logical fallacy.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Butterworth: 11:33am On May 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I have never seen a Catholic with an idol. When you are ready to discuss without these insulting insinuations let me know.

You've never seen a Catholic with an Idol

Here is one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by hrhobi1(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2017
Empredboy:
do you believe that God is the God of the living and the dead?

John 3 :16. Answers to all
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
easymancfc:

you say am ignorant.. but it's you who's ignorant because you didn't even read to understand..

if the Saints in rev 5:8 are on earth then it proves my point.. The 24 elders in heaven carry the prayers of the Saints on earth to God.. making them intercessors..

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE WITH PSALMS because I know the incense is symbolic of prayers it says so right there in rev 5:8...

the issue is are the 24.elders Jesus?

there's also the issue of The holy spirit and the angels making intercession (offering our prayers and helping us to pray ). ...

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID ONLY JESUS INTERCEDES FOR US IN HEAVEN.. I JUST SHOWED YOU SOME OTHERS WHO DO THROUGH JESUS

ignorance indeed

Smh...you read the Bible and make out your own meaning, just to give fake credence to your fake religious practices.

Besides the holy spirit who makes intercession for us and through us, Jesus is the only other part of the Trinity who makes intercession for our sins.

Until you show me where in explicitly says that saints make intercession for us, I don't mean giving me Bible passages that you implied its meaning on your own...show me Bible passages where it is clear and direct about the subject of saints interceding for us.

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by rinzaugustine: 11:35am On May 21, 2017
LogicStatement:
Q1. Why do Catholics bow to images in the church?
A: Catholics do not bow to images in order to worship them. In fact, it is condemned by God. Ex 20: 1-5 "Then God spoke all these words: I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt,b out of the house of slavery.
You shall not have other gods beside me. You shall not make for yourself an idolc or a likeness of anything* in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; you shall not bow down before them or serve them.d For I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishment for their ancestors’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation."
But in Numbers 21: 4-9, God asked Moses to make a bronze image of a snake to save the people of Isreal. "They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea,[a] to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!” 6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. 8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived."

Now, would you say that God who instructed us not to make images in Genesis is the one instructing Moses in Numbers to make an image of a serpent? Can God contradict Himself? Absolutely not! God did not say images should not be made, but He is against worshiping such images. Therefore, it is imperative to note that God is not against the making of image but against the act of worshiping them. We all have images (pictures or sculptures) in our homes and offices hung on our walls or placed in the house but do we worship them? I doubt! We put them there for beautification, honour and remembrance. Example is the statue of Herbert Macaulay on the Island in Lagos. That statue is not made there for worship but for remembrance and honour and also, it beautifies the area.
Therefore, making of an image is not a sin in itself but worshiping them and acknowledging them the status of God is a sin for God is a jealous God.

Q2: Why does the Catholic Bible have 73 books, while the Protestant Bible has only 66 books?
The Catholic is the church that compiled the bible in about 367 AD when St. Athanasius came up with a list of 73 books for the Bible that he believed to be divinely inspired. This list was finally approved by Pope Damasus I in 382 AD, and was formally approved by the Church Council of Rome in that same year. Later Councils at Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage (397 AD) ratified this list of 73 books. In 405 AD, Pope Innocent I wrote a letter to the Bishop of Toulouse reaffirming this canon of 73 books. In 419 AD, the Council of Carthage reaffirmed this list, which Pope Boniface agreed to. In 16th century, Martin Luther discarded with some books in the bible which he believed does not conform with his own view of theology. Initially, he disagreed with 7 books in the Old Testament which are Tobit, Judith, Baruch, Wisdom, Sirach, First Maccabees, and Second Maccabees, as well as additional verses of Daniel and Esther. These books are called the “deuterocanon”, or second canon, by Catholics, and the “apocrypha”, or hidden/obscure, by Protestants (Christians who protest against the Catholic Church) and also, some books in the New Testament which include James, Hebrews, Jude, and Revelation. He actually said that he wanted to “throw Jimmy into the fire”, and that the book of James was “an epistle of straw.” What is strange is that Luther eventually accepted all 27 books of the New Testament that the Catholic Pope Damasus I had approved of in 382 AD, but didn’t accept his Old Testament list. Hence, the 66 books in the Protestant's bible and the foremost of them is King James version which was first compiled by Martin Luther with the help of King Henry VIII in year 1081. Martin Luther was excommunicated by the church for his rebellious act against the body of Christ and for re-inventing his own bible.
This topic is well explained in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3782829/why-catholic-church-bible-different

Q3: Why do Priests wear different colours of vestments for different occasions
A: The priest wears 5 different colours of vestment during the celebration of Holy Mass depending on the occasion or feast. These vestments are:
Red Vestment: This is worn to celebrate a saint who was killed or martyred.
White Vestment: This signifies purity. It is worn to celebrate Holy Mass during the feat of a saint who died natural death, for virgin Mary's day and also, to signify the holiness of Jesus Christ.
Purple Vestment: Purple signifies royalty and therefore, it is worn during advent (starting 4 weeks to Christmas) in preparation to coming of the King of kings- Jesus Christ.
Gold Vestment: This is worn during the celebration of the church e.g. Golden jubilee, anniversaries etc
Green Vestment: This is worn during ordinary time. Green signifies life.

Q4: Why do Catholics honour Mary?
A: Catholics honour Mary because of the position she occupies in the life of Christ, Christians and importantly, the special grace and favour bestowed upon her by God himself. Jn 19: 25-27 tells us how Jesus on the cross handed over Mary to the disciple He loved to be his mother. The disciple at that moment represented Christians whom Christ loves and handed over his mother to be our mother also. It is logical that the mother of your mentor is your mother also and so, you accord her same respect and honour your mentor will accord her as well. Gen 3:16, Rev 12: 1-7 and Is 7:10 show how God acknowledges the importance of Mary to mankind and thus bestow upon her the highest favour given to any man before or after her. Lk 1: 26-38; 40-42 tells us how angel Gabriel conveyed the mind of God to Mary revealing to her how much favour God has bestowed upon her thus saying to her "hail Mary, full of grace..." and also the greetings of her cousin Elizabeth, "Of all women, you are the most blessed." This greeting was not from Elizabeth herself but inspired by the Spirit of God which through the confirmation she got when the baby in her womb leapt for joy on sighting Mary. These greetings gladdens Mary heart (Lk 2:19). It should be noted that act of honour should not be mistaken for worship. Catholics do not worship Mary because she is NOT God and will never be. The church honours her in a similar way we honour our biological mothers (though in a special way because of the special grace she carries). In Ex 20:12, God asks us to honour our father and mother.

Q5: Does Mary have other Children?
Mary had no other children apart from Jesus. If Mary had other children, Jesus would not have asked the disciple to take Mary home and care for her if not, other children of hers would have been able to do that. Would it not be a slap on the faces of other children that an outsider would take their mother home to take care when they are still alive? Also, Lk 2:41-49 tells us how Jesus was forgotten in the temple by his parents and later found him in the temple preaching after searching for him for 3 days. "Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.” Jesus was 12 years old during this time, and if he had other siblings, would Joseph and Mary left them behind to go to Jerusalem only with Jesus since it is the custom to go with all members of the family? In Matt 12:46, it is written that Jesus's mother and brothers were waiting outside anxious to have a word with him. Does that mean Jesus had other siblings? The first recorded argument was between St. Jerome and another fourth-century theologian, Helvidius, who had written that after the virgin birth of Jesus, Mary had other children with her husband, Joseph. St. Jerome disagreed, indicating that by the fourth century at least some of the church community believed that Mary had stayed a virgin for the rest of her life. These children of Mary, Jerome said, were from Mary of Clopas, Jesus’ aunt and his mother’s sister, making them cousins. He claimed that the Greek word "adelphios" could refer to cousins, not just biological siblings. Same way in Yoruba language, "cousin" has no word instead "aburo" or "egbon" can be used for a biological sibling or relative. Also, if Jesus had sibling, they would have been present during his crucifixion with Mary. In John 19:25, where she is among the women present at the Crucifixion of Jesus: "Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, Mary and His mother's sister, Mary [the wife] of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene." Note that Jesus' mother's sister is also called Mary in this passage but can two biological sisters called the same name within a nuclear family? That proves that Mary the wife of Clopas is not the biological sister of Mary mother of Jesus but a relative because in Greek from where English bible is translated from has no word for cousin or aunt or uncle but once they are related are called brothers or sisters.

Q6: Why do Catholics don't pray for the death of their enemy or curse them but rather, pray for their conversion?
A: In Matt 5: 43-45, Jesus instructs us to love our enemies and pray for those who hate us. 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Act 7:55-60, 1Pt 3:8 and 1Cor 3:17 state this fact as well for there is rejoice among the angels of God when a sinner repents (Lk: 15:10)

Q7: Is drinking a sin?
A: Drinking is not a sin, rather getting drunk is a sin (Ep 5:18). Jesus turned water to wine (Jn 2: 1-12). 1Tim 3:8 "In the same way, deacons[b] are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain." This shows that drinking of wine is not sin in itself but getting drunk by drinking much of it is sin. Jesus took wine when he was offered vinegar while on the cross (Matt 27: 48). If drinking was a sin, He wouldn't have accepted it. Vinegar wine contains 5-20% acetic acid; 5-8% alcohol. Wine is taken in heaven as well (Matt 26: 26-29).

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2017
Thumbs up Op. You just added some flavour to my belief.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually people come to me saying "pray for me ubenedictus" am sure same thing with logicstatement it is very common to ask for intercession and be asked for intercession, we ask the whole church for intercession including Peter Paul Mary etc.
grin grin..my brother dont lie just to latch on to the Mary image ish oo...

So almost everyday fellow catholics come reciting the mantra of holy ubenedictus pray for us.....

Please say the truth...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Urukpe: 11:39am On May 21, 2017
Splinz:

Where did you quote that from? The book of Revelation—a vision! Almost everything in Revelation is symbolic.

Stop looking for every means of justifying your idol worship. Mary is in her grave awaiting the resurrection just like Abraham, David and the rest.

After the transfiguration, did Moses and Elijah went back to thier grave or heaven?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by bayelsaowei(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2017
Butterworth:

You've never seen a Catholic with an Idol

Here is one
you see ehn...the likes of ubenedictus and every other Catholic who has blindly supported idolatry will answer to Jesus when the end comes...

And you k of what he's gonna tell them.."GET AWAY FROM ME YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS"...

IF THOSE pictures there aren't idolatry I wonder what it...

We should have stuck with the religions of our forefathers rather than hide behind idols and then claim to be serving God in heaven..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Smeago007(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2017
Deu 4 vs 16 -19

We shouldn't be driven to make craven images of any likeness
Even if it's Jesus
Nor follow the ways of the gentiles in molding sculpture's in church or elsewhere to worship

I don't Blame the catholicans.
The church its self started from an idol worshipping nation
So idol worship can't leave the church itself

God told moses to make a craven serpent. And they should look only
Did they bow to it?
He told moses that. Cause his ways are higher than our ways
Did he tell the catholic church to build sculptures in her church??
I still see many catholics bowing down to those rubbish that go against Gods commandment

You talk of saints??
Who are the saints??

Saints are people who keep the words of God
That are still alive..
See Rev 14 vs 12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those[a] who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Underline the word "who keep"
Its present tense
Underline the word "the faith of jesus"

The faith of Jesus
1: Jesus was a Jew not a christain
See john 4 vs 22
Luke 4 vs 16
His disciples were Jews not christain
Proof=act 13 vs 43
See good news version

The faith of Jesus were Judaism

catholics has fallen short from the words of God
I pray they retrace their steps

That's why til today
The jews don't allow Christians into their synagogues of worship

Cos Christianity has adopted many pegan doctrine into the church

For Jesus was inspired through God and said
See Mathew 15vs9
English Standard Version
in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

When will the Christian church stop adopting worship from the gentile nation

Deu 4 vs 16-19
God said to the children of Isreal and the elite believers today
Verse 19

English Standard Version
And beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

All this idol or craven images and molded images worship, whether directly or indirectly are meant for the gentiles
Those who don't know God
But here are we deceiving ourselfs

psalm 147 vs 19-20
He showed his word and way to Isreal
He has not done so with any nation

Not Rome where the Catholics raised from
Nor America

Its high time Christians obey every word of God and stop following human precepts and ideas

Then stand a chance of knowing Gof more from the Jews
Cos the jews views Christianity as disguised idol worship

John 4vs22
Jesus answered and said
For you know not what you worship
For "we the jews" know what we worship
Cos salvation is of the Jews.

And not of Rome.America.England. or anywhere

Say no to manmade doctrine
Daniel saw this in a vision

Daniel 7 vs 25

Bewarn
I rep Judaism!!!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Rich4god(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
And it would have been beta for him or her
I hope you hv accepted Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour before commenting here...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by OkuFaba(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2017
doyinbaby:
Why do Catholics pray to Mary and other dead saints ...also why do Catholics pray to God through Mary and through dead saints...........many protestants including me find it difficult to understand this aspect of the life of Catholics
This is why you people will never understand. Keep on protesting

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video) / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.