Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead (50584 Views)

Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by TinaAnita(f): 10:18pm On May 06, 2017
Speechless
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by enemyofprogress: 10:32pm On May 06, 2017
wickedworld:

Seriously , since he took over most dead recors was ppl roasted alife. If nairaland can go back to lastyear record ,it was full of bad news car accident, ppl burn beyong recognition.

Too much burn bodies and terrible accident. Hope he is not reversing his dead by burning innocent ppl alife.
wait make I ask google
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by SalamRushdie: 10:35pm On May 06, 2017
dhardline:
Another 36 fallen. Now ask yourself... Why them? Where they the worst? Didn't they pray?

My dear brother and sister make out time to think deep about life don't be too shallow for there is a lot we are yet to know.
RIP

No they died because two low IQ drivers with no sensory skill were allowed to drive two different front tank front wheel Toyota buses at speeds above their intelligence on a road that wasn't even purpose built

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by akigbemaru: 10:46pm On May 06, 2017
dainformant:
Over 36 people are feared dead as two passenger buses collided and caught fire at a quarry site at Km 96, on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Saturday. An eyewitness told NAN that the two 18-seater buses had a head-on collision and the buses caught fire immediately.

“All the passengers in the two buses were burnt beyond recognition.

“Only a baby escaped death because the father of the child threw him out through the window of the bus,” the witness was quoted as saying.

Yusuf Salami, the Oyo state sector commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), confirmed the accident to NAN.

Salami, however, said he had yet to be briefed on the casualty figures.

He confirmed that the accident involved two 18-seater buses.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/over-36-killed-as-passenger-buses.html

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Antichristus: 10:50pm On May 06, 2017
Samirana360:
we should all get ready and prepare for death coz mr death must surely com somday...repent and give ur life to Christ...
RIP to d dead

Nigeria is a failed state where successive regimes fail to enforce traffic rules; alcoholic drinks are sold in Nigerian bus stations and consumed by drivers before embarking on trips (essentially committing drink-driving offence); vehicles ply Nigerian roads with no annual MOT certifications; people drive private and public vehicles without undergoing theory and practical driving tests; and, you're talking about giving life to Jesus. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Antichristus: 10:53pm On May 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:

No they died because two low IQ drivers with no sensory skill were allowed to drive two different front tank front wheel Toyota buses at speeds above their intelligence on a road that wasn't even purpose built

Well said. Nigerians don't think. Instead, they attribute events to metaphysical causation.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by ohiku4every1(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2017
Igbos be like
Buhari Y?

those guys re complete haters, they neva wish 9ja anytin gud I swear

thou, RIP to the deads
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by AreaFada2: 2:12am On May 07, 2017
RIP.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Juliearth(f): 4:05am On May 07, 2017
dainformant:
Over 36 people are feared dead as two passenger buses collided and caught fire at a quarry site at Km 96, on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Saturday. An eyewitness told NAN that the two 18-seater buses had a head-on collision and the buses caught fire immediately.

“All the passengers in the two buses were burnt beyond recognition.

“Only a baby escaped death because the father of the child threw him out through the window of the bus,” the witness was quoted as saying.

Yusuf Salami, the Oyo state sector commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), confirmed the accident to NAN.

Salami, however, said he had yet to be briefed on the casualty figures.

He confirmed that the accident involved two 18-seater buses.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/over-36-killed-as-passenger-buses.html

Jesus!!! This is really bad. Now,I really wish I can serve my father land in my father's house.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 4:27am On May 07, 2017
Reckless drivers,they drive on highways as if they have ten lives.The owner of those buses should be held responsible, they employ touts as driver,causing dangers to innocent lives.Am very sure impatience is the cause of this calamity.overtaken anyhow. Instead of the passengers too to caution them,some hail those reckless driver for driving like formular one driver.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by felix10(m): 5:32am On May 07, 2017
I was at d scene of d accident,coming from Lagos,so pathetic, it happened around 8-8:30 am on Saturday morning.D vehicle coming from Ibadan took one way & was on a high speed,d other one was coming from Lagos also on high speed I think.D sudden impact was what ignited d fire,they were all burnt beyond recognition.

Driving on a highway need serious caution most especially in a road that is under construction.

Taking one way & running on 100kmh & above could be dangerous.

I recommend 80-100kmh for all road users.

Also always caution ur driver when u observed he is running above speed limit,ur talk could save unwarranted disaster.

FRSC should be on any link interchange to discourage people from taking one way.

My wife had an accident on Lagos/shagamu/ore in 2014 which almost incapacitated her but for d grace of God & urgent medical intervention,just because d commercial driver took one way,running on a high speed & was almost having a head on collision with a trailer before he ran into d bush.

At least 70% of accident would have been prevented if we literally adhere to d traffic rules & regulations.

Frsc should always educate our road users most especially d commercial drivers.

If u have an appointment & u don't want to be late,always leave ur house 1 hour ahead.

IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE THAN TO BE A LATE.

HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

ALWAYS DO D RIGHT THING AT ALL TIMES.

REST IN PEACE TO D DEAD.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by tobinazi(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2017
ironheart:
Wow terrible, the way those guys load the buses, its difficult for anyone to get out of it. The load inside become a barrier to movement
those yeye driver wil pack persengers lyk fish
dem plenty 4 ibadan

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by RaptorX: 6:10am On May 07, 2017
What exactly is the job description of the FRSC because the rate of carnage on Nigerian roads is probably the highest in the world. They need to seriously enforce speed limits, reckless driving and driving while intoxicated laws on the highways, there is a reason why all of this are seriously enforced in advance countries because they know the consequences of lack of enforcement.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 6:19am On May 07, 2017
God have mercy,what a way to die..RIP to the affected passengers...... God help me to amend my ways, life is becoming scary by the day.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 7:04am On May 07, 2017
Though very sad about this development, but I want to blame it on careless driving. I was almost a victim one certain period on my way to Lagos from Ibadan. The driver was driving dangerously. In spite of complaints and cautions from passengers, this drunk driver drove on like that till we reached Lagos. We almost have a head- on collision with another driver but thanks to the other driver's carefulness and God. I marked the driver's face and vowed never to board his vehicle anymore.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by ironheart(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2017
tobinazi:

those yeye driver wil pack persengers lyk fish
dem plenty 4 ibadan
exactly

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by tyup(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2017
kennydotkom:

U hv passed thru the road twince this year?? Me i ply the road every two two weeks. Infact i still pass there on thursday. Its God grace

i'm telling you my brother God deserves our praises
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by dikeizu1(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2017
Which company is that pls
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by adelumolo(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2017
Sorry, it's pathetic
Tunde
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by OBALORLA(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2017
some deaths are avoidable though:

here are 5 ways one can escape dying in a road accidents

http://www.nomadicnegro.com/escaping-road-accident-deaths/
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by incemay: 10:31pm On May 07, 2017
Hopez456:
The contractor handling that part of the road should be held accountable, several accidents have occurred over the past week due to one way diversion without division. this is not the case with J. Berger that divide it's own part, that gives no room for excess over speeding or overtaking. RCC should act fast it's becoming unbearable.

I quite agree with you. RCC handling of that section is very bad/poor. Several lives have been lost in that portion of the reconstruction compared to the one handled by JB.
I think the government should compel them to use the divide to demarcate the road.

Though those public bus drivers and some private drivers too can be so impatient too.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by dhardline(m): 11:48pm On May 08, 2017
toyetade:

So what should we do then ? Just thinking. The Bible said we only know in part

And hope you also know that Christ Jesus is truth, just like a bucket filled with clear water a man can come and dip his cup and get a cup filled with clear water(truth) while another can come and dip with a bigger bowl and get larger quantity of clear water(more truth) ... So it all depends on the level of your thirst for the truth.

Also have you ever pondered on this verse from the Bible? Matt 5:20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

If you have a little time to spare in order to find answers read on how righteous the scribes and parishes were and you will understand that most Christians have no idea of what they claim to profess. I even fear for myself and ask God for help daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.