Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,002 members, 7,849,036 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. (3615 Views)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Toyin Saraki For Comparing Her With Queen Elizabeth / Abdulmumin Jibrin Defends Buhari's Tooth-picking Photo By Comparing It To Obama / Stop Comparing Level Of Incompetence, Leave Jonathan Alone – Aisha Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. by OBAGADAFFI: 10:01pm On May 28, 2017
blueAgent:

Check your facts well before you post trash.

A HISTORICAL REVIEW OF NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL
OBJECTIVES
AND POLICIES
THE COLONIAL PERIOD 1842 – 1955
In 1946, soon after the establishment of the first
school in Badagry by the Missionaries, Lord Grey
had recommended the establishment of
agricultural education. The curriculum was
intended to include household economy,
gardening and surveying and agricultural
chemistry (Faghulu, 1983, P 140). The tradition
of work-oriented education was not successful as
abundant evidence existed in the literature of
complaints against the products of the school
system who were unwilling to use their hands
(Blyden, 1887). The same fate befall the attempt by missionary bodies to set up industrial
institutions in Abeokuta. In the twentieth century the Phelps-Stokes
Commission of l922 attempted to redirect the
focus of education to work, as it was generally felt that the education given to Africans was
inadequate and inappropriate as it educated them away from their environment. The Commission

www.nigerianobservernews.com/2015/03/future-of-education-in-nigeria-historical-review-of-objectives-policies/#nayaparam:857

Just ignore ROSSIKKI.

He is too delusional to be arguing with.
Re: STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. by Rossikki: 10:25pm On May 28, 2017
blueAgent:

Check your facts well before you post trash.

A HISTORICAL REVIEW OF NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL
OBJECTIVES
AND POLICIES
THE COLONIAL PERIOD 1842 – 1955
In 1946, soon after the establishment of the first
school in Badagry by the Missionaries, Lord Grey
had recommended the establishment of
agricultural education. The curriculum was
intended to include household economy,
gardening and surveying and agricultural
chemistry (Faghulu, 1983, P 140). The tradition
of work-oriented education was not successful as
abundant evidence existed in the literature of
complaints against the products of the school
system who were unwilling to use their hands
(Blyden, 1887). The same fate befall the attempt by missionary bodies to set up industrial
institutions in Abeokuta. In the twentieth century the Phelps-Stokes
Commission of l922 attempted to redirect the
focus of education to work, as it was generally felt that the education given to Africans was
inadequate and inappropriate as it educated them away from their environment. The Commission

www.nigerianobservernews.com/2015/03/future-of-education-in-nigeria-historical-review-of-objectives-policies/#nayaparam:857

What garbage is this?

I don't know what this is or what you expect to achieve by posting it. It makes no sense, and I've no idea what you're trying to say. The colonialists built not one university in Nigeria between 1897 and 1960, despite exporting natural resources worth TRILLIONS in today's money. It wasn't just education they neglected. Name me one major hospital they built in those 63 years. Name me one stadium. Or one expressway. Or one power plant. Or one manufacturing industry?

Nothing. Not even one university. Goodluck Jonathan, in just 5 years in office, built TWELVE universities. We often say that corruption 'increased after independence'. That's the height of tomfoolery and ignorance. Corruption actually DECREASED and DECREASED HUGELY after independence.

Before independence, something like 95% of national earnings were siphoned to Britain on an annual basis, by British officials. This was why Nigeria was under-developed at independence. By right it should have been even more developed than South Africa, considering the resources exported. Our politicians have a history of corruption, but most estimates put the monies siphoned even in the worst years of corruption at no more than 30% - 40% of govt revenue.

So our own leaders are not perfect, but they've done better than the colonial rulers.

1 Like

Re: STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. by blueAgent(m): 7:34am On May 29, 2017
Rossikki:

What garbage is this?

I don't know what this is or what you expect to achieve by posting it. It makes no sense, and I've no idea what you're trying to say. The colonialists built not one university in Nigeria between 1897 and 1960, despite exporting natural resources worth TRILLIONS in today's money. It wasn't just education they neglected. Name me one major hospital they built in those 63 years. Name me one stadium. Or one expressway. Or one power plant. Or one manufacturing industry?

Nothing. Not even one university. Goodluck Jonathan, in just 5 years in office, built TWELVE universities. We often say that corruption 'increased after independence'. That's the height of tomfoolery and ignorance. Corruption actually DECREASED and DECREASED HUGELY after independence.

Before independence, something like 95% of national earnings were siphoned to Britain on an annual basis, by British officials. This was why Nigeria was under-developed at independence. By right it should have been even more developed than South Africa, considering the resources exported. Our politicians have a history of corruption, but most estimates put the monies siphoned even in the worst years of corruption at no more than 30% - 40% of govt revenue.

So our own leaders are not perfect, but they've done better than the colonial rulers.

No wonder you posted that trash. comprehension is far from you.
Let me help you google the history of Yaba tech,UNN, .

1 Like

Re: STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. by DMerciful(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2017
Can you compare small country Dubai with India? Can you compare south Africa with Nigeria? Nigeria is less developed than the way its hyped.
Tolexander:
I didn't say population determines development.

Don't misquote me.

Re: STOP Comparing Nigeria To Smaller Countries. It Is DAFT. by Desyner: 7:10pm On May 29, 2017
Shaytun:

Actually you do. You can't compare a family of 30 kids with a family of 6 kids.
You don't. Size doesn't give the citizens good life or comfort. What's the use of having 30 kids without basic necesities over having 6 with a far betterlife.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Of Jomo Kenyatta- The First President Of Kenya / PDP Chairmanship: Prof. Tunde Adeniran Leading As Convention Results Trickle In / Presidential Debate 2019: APC Appoints Osinbajo To “debates” For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.