Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Atlas: The Power To Change Everything - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Atlas: The Power To Change Everything (664 Views)

Atlas.ti 8.4 Crack For Mac / The Trials Of Chris Abani And The Power Of Empty Words By Ikhide R. Ikheloa / The Power Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by 25thJOE(m): 6:08am On May 07, 2017
Hi,this is my first story. Enjoy...

Atlas: The Power to Change Everything.

Have you ever been in a dream where you wish never to wake up again?... well the Atlas answers that. The Atlas is a godlike supercomputer that has existed before the beginning of time, it holds the heavens and the earth together and controls the universe. But the interesting part is that it had the power to change reality and answer the deepest desires of every existence...

Chapter 1::The World Under the Atlas.
The Atlas is massive rainbow which encircles the world, being the link between heaven and earth. We live in a world of modernisation were instead of praying people log into the website of the Atlas and make a wish, every wish being made required a price to be paid and the wish had a lasting time range according to what was given. The Atlas had become a god that people sacrificed their money, and those who never had large amounts of money sacrificed what they held dearly for their desire to be answered. A wish had a time range of at least five years to fifty years (according to what one could pay) and then it expires. A man could pay a large amount of money to wish for a beautiful wife, he may afford ten years and reality is changed that he marries the woman, after ten years the wish expires and the woman vanishes, and so is everything she came with including children and even memories disappear, the universe is restructured and the man returns back to the way he was ten years ago.

There are races of people lower than humans, we call them Burrows. They looked like humans but they had long cat-like ears and whiskers, they were shorter than humans and more weaker in nature. Humanity took advantage and became their masters, as far as they weren't humans people treated them like slaves, they planted the crops for their masters, they engaged in the most unskilled labour and had limited education. This was a new form of slavery.
The Burrows were a peaceful race, they admired their human masters, they were honest, kind and unfortunately naive. They lived in colonies, and each colonies was made up of families, they ran a traditional family and taught their children good values. The men worked to bring home the bacon while the women kept the family in order, every Burrow were kind to their brethrens that if one was hungry or had no money they offered to help. It was surprising that a lowly race of creatures lived contented lives and knew the deepest values of life like love and family, the Burrows believed in the religion of the Ancient Ones and prayed to the heavens to bless their masters the humans. Unlike them the hearts of humans were already warped with greed and selfishness, with their only aim to get their selfish desires granted by the Atlas.
Only one Burrow thought like humans, her name was Dawn and her deepest desire was to become a human.
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by FieryJustice(m): 6:19am On May 07, 2017
weiten concern me ftc
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by Divepen1(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2017
#TeamDawn
I like this story and I go dey follow you dey go
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by 25thJOE(m): 3:04am On May 08, 2017
Divepen1:
#TeamDawn
I like this story and I go dey follow you dey go
I'll do my best
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by 25thJOE(m): 8:13am On May 09, 2017
"Why can't we make our desires be granted by the Atlas?" Dawn asked her grandfather Holgon. He dropped his chess piece on the board and answered
"all we need, the Atlas has blessed us with it. We have ears that we may enjoy the melody of the morning birds, we have noses that we may feel fragrance of the daisy, we have eyes that we may see those we love dearly and smile... what more can we desire for than peace of mind?"
Dawn said "but the humans have all those magnificent houses and grand clothes, why are we forbidden from having all that opportunity?"
Holgon laughed with his crackly voice "Of my 105 years of working with humans, I discovered humans created religion without sacrifice, artistry without passion, pleasure without hard work, wealth without conscience. The universe is run by the law of balance, you can't always have all you want but you can get all you need"
"So you mean the Atlas force also brings bad things?"
The old burrow nodded "the Atlas is the border between hope and despair, good and evil, grace and punishment, order and chaos , riches and lack" he looked at the orange setting sun "as old as I may be I still have hope for a better tomorrow... that is why I pray... and wait that as the morning comes I will see you all and be happy"

That was nine years ago...
Old Holgon passed away, while Dawn blossomed into a beautiful female burrow ripe for marriage. She had clocked eighteen and entered into womanhood, at this time she was suppose to be in her time for marriage. She had face which produced an enchanting smile, and possessed a proper womanly figure, it wasn't surprising that humans also found her attractive but she had also attracted a good number of suitors unfortunately she turned them down. Normally the duty of female burrows as a wife was to cook, clean , bear children, take care of those children... Dawn never wanted that kind of life, she had heard of women in the human society take up leadership positions and not housewife duties.
Everyday she watched her father and brother Leroy in envy as the entered flying trains to work which crawled the sky, being a human was the only way to achieve her dreams.She watched the rainbow ring of the Atlas stretched around the sky, if she had enough money she could make a wish to become a human for maybe an hundred years.

Dawn worked in a restaurant with her mother and there was a particular customer who came everyday his name was Hugo, he was a young human.
"I forgot my wallet today I'll pay next time" he would always say but never did. Hugo worked in pest control agency where they got rid of Sparkies, rodents that fed on electricity. He lived in the burrow colony and followed the flying trains to work at the human cities.
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by 25thJOE(m): 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
Chapter 2: Cedric
In this world there exists two moons the red moon from the east and the blue moon from the west. There is no sun, only the atlas celestial ring around the world and these two moons. The red moon is responsible for daylight while the blue moon is responsible for night, the red moon stays on the other half of the world as daylight for 15 hours then after that it swaps position with the blue moon which represents night and evening, this one also stays for 15 hours equally (this world uses 30 hours). That is the cycle of day and night, half of the world will experience day for 15 hours while another halve is experiencing night equally till the moons swap position .
Again in this world there is a form of energy that exists around, it resembles crystalline clouds called Elixum. It can be used for different purposes from healing to defence, to powering machines, elixum can also be manipulated by people with special abilities called controllers.
Controllers have the ability to harness elixum energy, some are born with the gift while some learn it. These people are trained in special academies where they are taught to master their powers and use it to serve the Sovereign Ones.
The world is ruled by nine noble families led by a royal family, together they are called the Sovereign Ones. They live in floating castles in the sky (powered by elixum), across the lands there are cities and regions ruled by a noble house while the royal house controls the luxury sky city of Eden and the atlas supercomputer.
Welcome to this wonderful world...
Re: Atlas: The Power To Change Everything by 25thJOE(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
update tomorrow. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Luck Had Nothing To Do With MY 2017 Brunel Prize - Romeo Oriogun / Help A Brother / Niche Blog Writer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.