Stats: 3,163,316 members, 7,853,469 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? (446 Views)

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / Growing In The Prophetic As A Normal Christian / Is There Anything Like Untimely Death? (2) (3) (4)

Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? by paxonel(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2017
There is desire in man to achieve growth in whatever physical positive thing he is doing and decine in the growth of whatever physical or concrete negative experiences.Hence, men desire to achieve financial growth,intellectual growth,physical growth.It is normal to all humans. But spiritual growth? i think it is unrealistic pursuit.
I understand that we all have the spirit of God in us as Christians, but there is no scripture in the Bible that indicates that the spirit in us grows.
Rather, what most of us think is spiritual growth is actually the same thing as acquiring new knowledge of the Bible.
For instance,if a man is gifted with the gift of miracles and he reads more of the Bible and suddenly realizes he has the gift and begins to use it to heal the sick and cast out demons,he has just acquired new knowledge. He did not grow spiritually, he is not even a spirit in the first place.
Now, i don't know why you go to church as a Christian,but if you are going to church in order to achieve spiritual growth, you of all men most miserable. Rather, let your desire be that, you should acquire wisdom which comes with knowledge and understanding
Re: Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? by zionmade(m): 10:40am On May 07, 2017
No bro there is something like spiritual growth.
D word sons or children in d bible can be translated in three greek words
Nebios, Hues, Tecknon
Nebios means babes, children, armatures
Tecknon mean full grown
Hues means adopted. When u talk of adopted u re talking of a son who is now fully matured to function in d stead of his father.
These classifications are not based on how many years u have been a Christian but ur level of spiritual growth
Re: Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? by paxonel(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2017
zionmade:
No bro there is something like spiritual growth.
D word sons or children in d bible can be translated in three greek words
Nebios, Hues, Tecknon
Nebios means babes, children, armatures
Tecknon mean full grown
Hues means adopted. When u talk of adopted u re talking of a son who is now fully matured to function in d stead of his father.
These classifications are not based on how many years u have been a Christian but ur level of spiritual growth
Do you have any scripture to support this claim?
Re: Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? by zionmade(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2017
paxonel:

Do you have any scripture to support this claim?
Gal 4:1
1 pet 2:2
James 5:14
Even though i came up with some scriptures it doesn't still drive d points like i want to. Please go to internet and read about greek interpretations for sons and how they are used in d scriptures, u will understand better
Re: Is There Anything Like Growing In Spirit? by paxonel(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2017
zionmade:

Gal 4:1
1 pet 2:2
James 5:14
Even though i came up with some scriptures it doesn't still drive d points like i want to. Please go to internet and read about greek interpretations for sons and how they are used in d scriptures, u will understand better
Ok, i will do that

Pls Help Me interprete This Dream Abeg / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 19/05/2017) / How We Can Reconcile and Restore Our Lost Relationship with God