Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns (16024 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) / Kourtney George Writes About Her Burns Survival / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by kckings250: 2:36pm On May 07, 2017
Masquerade7:
I think the first thing to do regardless of the degree or extent of the burns is to first take away the source of the burns followed by immediate cooling of the burns site.
Weather to manage the burns at home or to be hospitalised is largely dependent on the surface area and or the degree of the burns.
Alovera , baking soda, egg white etc will do a little or do nothing in case of second and third degree burns. Such individual needs to be hospitalised.

Being Hospitalized is a secondary stage,We are talking of FIRST AID
Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by Babayoutoomuch(f): 2:50pm On May 07, 2017
Nice!

Pap also helps. Make a paste of raw pap in ordinary water and apply immediately to the affected part.

1 Like

Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by Mjbless16(m): 5:41pm On May 07, 2017
My Grandmother told me that salt is also good in treating burns wound........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by captain247: 6:34pm On May 07, 2017
It's necessary to have a first aid box in the house if one can't afford a medical chest locker. In cases of burn you can apply burn gel on the surface of the skin it will help before going to the hospital if it's a high degree of burn.
Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by delishpot: 7:41pm On May 07, 2017
otswag:
Warning: do not apply butter/margarine or any greasy oils/creams on burns as this traps heat hence worsens the burn.

I know of one oil preparation that heals burns fast esp first and second degree burns. I can't remember the name now but it helps prevent blisters and relives pain. Perfect for first degree burns tho. Even after initial treatment of 3rd degree, it also is good for after care.
Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by prejulsuc(f): 8:56pm On May 07, 2017
Masquerade7:
I think the first thing to do regardless of the degree or extent of the burns is to first take away the source of the burns followed by immediate cooling of the burns site.
Weather to manage the burns at home or to be hospitalised is largely dependent on the surface area and or the degree of the burns.
Alovera , baking soda, egg white etc will do a little or do nothing in case of second and third degree burns. Such individual needs to be hospitalised.
please what can one use to clear the scar,especially the reddish colour.It is on my leg,it was cause by the cooking oven.The outer skin was removed. So I need a quick cream that can clear the scar on my leg.I used to have a beautiful legs,but now it looking somehow.Though it happened a month ago.Thanks
Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by Masquerade7: 12:21pm On May 09, 2017
prejulsuc:
please what can one use to clear the scar,especially the reddish colour.It is on my leg,it was cause by the cooking oven.The outer skin was removed. So I need a quick cream that can clear the scar on my leg.I used to have a beautiful legs,but now it looking somehow.Though it happened a month ago.Thanks

Try Silicone gel
Re: First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns by prejulsuc(f): 8:53am On May 11, 2017
Masquerade7:

Try Silicone gel
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exercise: 7 Benefits Of Regular Physical Activity / Defence Minister, Buratai, Others Go Into Isolation As GOC Dies / Can Cramping On The Left Side Of A Uterus Means Ur Carrying A Baby Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.