Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Importance Of Survey Plan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Importance Of Survey Plan (10269 Views)

The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / New Price Of Survey Plan In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adewale1: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2017
Contact us for the below detail.

1. Governor's Consent

2. Certificate of Occupancy. (C of O)

3. Building Plan Approval (Business Center, Commercial, Residential or for Religion purpose)

4. Architectural Drawing

5. Survey Plan

6. Certified True Copy (CTC) Of Root of Titles

7. Construction

8. General Contractor

Why stress yourself or driving to Ministry of Land, Alausa or Physical PLanning everyday with no result or your file lost in the process or your project delayed by Land Officers. Let our professional trained Staff help you get this done within time light. We have records and proof all around, Lekki, Opic, Isheri North, Magodo. Just to name but few.
You're also welome to our Office situated at MKO ABiola Garden, Alausa Ikeja.
For: MightySparrow Crown LTD
Mr Taiwo Adewale on 08183433898
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by agarawu23(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2017
SIRKAY98:
Are we to give them money to do d Survey for us or they will gve us....because some are saying i should pay 40,000 for them to do me a survey plan
that's even cheap. Survey cost has high has 80k upward depending on the location.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2017
BoboYekini:

The search with provided survey plan at the town planning office, is this something I can do myself or do I have to engage the services of a registered surveyor?

Also, what about lands already bought, what is the process of getting a survey plan for this? Deed has already been done.

yes u can bt myt nt b easy for a non professional surveyor or town planner. However i can do it for u.

i can get u aa survey plan.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2017
ajabani4allah:

Is there any way we can detect by ourselves from the survey plan that the land has been designated for government use without going to survey general?

u may nt b able to because u dont have d master plan of d area
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 02, 2017
survtony:
If the land is in lagos. That will be a provisional survey, and sometimes they come without original coordinates/bearing. What you can do if the owners don't have a survey plan, contact a surveyor to do a charting for you, he will know what to do and the charge is low. Never give the land seller money for survey,vthey can give you a doctored survey plan or chart.
Chief. Do you have an idea of the price range please? I am getting quotes in the region of 120k.
Also can one somehow have an informal survey search at the land office using GPS coordinates that I triangulated myself using my smartphone GPS? Just for an initial check to avoid time wasting and maybe save costs.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2017
survtony:
If the land is in lagos. That will be a provisional survey, and sometimes they come without original coordinates/bearing. What you can do if the owners don't have a survey plan, contact a surveyor to do a charting for you, he will know what to do and the charge is low. Never give the land seller money for survey,vthey can give you a doctored survey plan or chart.

yes correct
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by unipol(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2017
Why am I still suspecting this article was written by a surveyor or a town planner. I am not against the activities of surveyors and town planners but their services are too expensive. Imagine change of title 90,000 Naira. And 250,000 Naira to get approval.
How much is house rent.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2017
unipol:
Why am I still suspecting this article was written by a surveyor or a town planner. I am not against the activities of surveyors and town planners but their services are too expensive. Imagine change of title 90,000 Naira. And 250,000 Naira to get approval.
How much is house rent.

we dnt charge high in d sense dat, u must pay some idols to get ur file moving, we monitor again before we talk of professional fee.

yes written by a town planner.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 10:12am On Jun 02, 2017
@Boboyekini, yes u can use just d gps point bec dat wat we use. bt it better u let a town planner do it for u.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by ennon92(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2017
shams040:
Survey plan
A
@op, re u a surveyor? In need of one right away, can i hqve your contact?
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adebayosun02: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2017
SIRKAY98:
Are we to give them money to do d Survey for us or they will gve us....because some are saying i should pay 40,000 for them to do me a survey plan

Yes, you can by doing charting via a Surveyor​.

I can be of help here free of charge if you have your survey plan already.

You can contact me for the survey of your land.

Call me on : 08036484610

Surveyor Sunday
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Usjimy(m): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2017
For those of us resident in Rivers State, contact James (08027274849) for your genuine Survey plan and other survey related jobs.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by SIRKAY98(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
adebayosun02:

Yes, you can by doing charting via a Surveyor​.

I can be of help here free of charge

Call me on : 08036484610

Surveyor Sunday

My land is in IFO Ogun State
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by AmanRoyal(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
A Survey Plan can be described as a land instrument which shows as clearly and as accurately as possible, with as much certainty as also possible, the ascertainable area of a piece or parcel of land with its definite and precise boundaries that it describes. Where a survey plan does not possess these attributes, it is of no value whatsoever to the holder of the document.

Most States in the Federal Republic of Nigeria have a Survey Law whose provisions are similar to the Survey Laws of the other States. In Lagos State, the applicable law is the Survey Law, 1984.

Section 1 of the Lagos State Survey Law requires that any map or diagram or survey plan that is attached to a registered land instrument or that will be tendered in any court of law must be prepared, signed and certified by a licensed surveyor.

Any unauthorized person who willfully obliterate, remove or injure any trigonometrically station, survey beacon, mark or pole or any boundary marks fixed, set up or placed for the purpose of any public survey or any survey ordered by an Act of Parliament shall be liable to pay a fine of N100 or to serve a term of imprisonment for 3 months or to both the fine and the term of imprisonment. In further addition to the latter provision, such a person could be ordered to pay the cost of repairing or replacing the items obliterated, removed or damaged. See Section 6 of the Survey Law.

It is the duty of the owner and the occupiers of any land, including the community leaders in the area where the land is situated, or where the land have boundaries with any trigonometrically station, survey beacon, mark or pole, to preserve these items and report forthwith to the nearest officer of the survey department if these items are obliterated, removed or damaged or require repair. Any breach of this duty, on conviction, attracts a fine of N100.00.

Also, any person who without the authority of the Surveyor General uncovers any survey beacons or marks buried below the surface of the ground or covered with earth, stone or other material is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine of N100.00 or to a term of imprisonment for six months.

Any person who willfully obstructs, hinders, resists or threatens any Surveyor in the execution of his duty shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to pay a fine of N100 or to serve a term of imprisonment for six months or to both the fine and the term of imprisonment.

Discipline of Surveyors

A disciplinary committee is established for erring Surveyors who have intentionally or negligently or recklessly or out of culpable ignorance of facts made an incorrect survey or delivered an incorrect plan or diagram of land or prepared a plan which does not conform with the requirements of any regulation made under the Survey Law or have been convicted of any offence involving fraud or dishonesty.

Some of the penalties that an erring Surveyor could incur include suspension from practice or the outright cancellation of his practicing license. Where a Surveyor’s license is cancelled and he fails to surrender his license to the Surveyor General, such a Surveyor shall be guilty of an offence which on conviction carries a fine of N200 (Two Hundred Naira).

A Surveyor’s license that is cancelled or suspended can always be restored on the Surveyor making an application which must disclose sufficient and reasonable ground(s) to assist the disciplinary committee in considering whether or not it should restore the Surveyor’s license.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
ennon92:
A
@op, re u a surveyor? In need of one right away, can i hqve your contact?

08165536883 Dnt go for a field officer or else....
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adebayosun02: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
SIRKAY98:

My land is in IFO Ogun State
Ok that means I will av to go there
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adebayosun02: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=ennon92 post=57117740]A
@op, re u a surveyor? In need of one right away, can i hqve your contact?[/quote

Am a professional Land Surveyor

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by survtony(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2017
Sorry for late reply. Survey fee in any part of logos is above 120k as of now and that's for areas like ikorodu and badagry which is 300k. Whoever collects 120k for a registered survey na scam. I don't know about the informal search. You can go to the office to confirm. But why not involve a surveyor?
BoboYekini:
Chief. Do you have an idea of the price range please? I am getting quotes in the region of 120k.
Also can one somehow have an informal survey search at the land office using GPS coordinates that I triangulated myself using my smartphone GPS? Just for an initial check to avoid time wasting and maybe save costs.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2017
survtony:
Sorry for late reply. Survey fee in any part of logos is above 120k as of now and that's for areas like ikorodu and badagry which is 300k. Whoever collects 120k for a registered survey na scam. I don't know about the informal search. You can go to the office to confirm. But why not involve a surveyor?
Thank you for the response. But the thing is I'm trying to understand why it's so expensive, especially if it's primary purpose is to do a Search on the property co-ordinates, something any smartphone with GPS can do.
Seems like we're mostly paying for bureaucracy.

P.S. I know a regular survey plan includes much more than GPS coordinates, but for the purposes of a Search that should suffice.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by survtony(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sorry, obvious we weren't in the same page. The price I gave you is for the registered survey. For the charting, it depends. If you want a chart receipt or document. Don't know the exact price. But if it's just to know if it's free or not, that depends on your surveyor. 120k is on the high side tho.
BoboYekini:
Thank you for the response. But the thing is I'm trying to understand why it's so expensive, especially if it's primary purpose is to do a Search on the property co-ordinates, something any smartphone with GPS can do.
Seems like we're mostly paying for bureaucracy.

P.S. I know a regular survey plan includes much more than GPS coordinates, but for the purposes of a Search that should suffice.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
survtony:
Sorry, obvious we weren't in the same page. The price I gave you is for the registered survey. For the charting, it depends. If you want a chart receipt or document. Don't know the exact price. But if it's just to know if it's free or not, that depends on your surveyor. 120k is on the high side tho.
Thank you. I understand better now.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
survtony:

what ur location
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by survtony(m): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
Anywhere you want sir. You can send a mail for more
shams040:

what ur location
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Felixv: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
so how much is a survey for a land in badore
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Hassanabioduna(m): 6:49am On Jul 16, 2017
Felixv:
badore is under Eti-Osa Local government, the survey for a Land between 0-1000 sq.mts is 1 million Naira. For more information you can reach me on my phone number 08059305757
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
Felixv:

wecan do it fir 850k
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adebayosun02: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
@ShoreRex Consulting, we are Professionals Surveyors & Engineers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rain Gutter (water Collector) Available For Sale / Still Thinking Of Living At Lekki? Check Out Photos. Man Vs Nature / Plots @ 3.5m, 5m, 10m Behind Mayfair Gardens & Abijo GRA, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.