Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Senator Praises Tb Joshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Senator Praises Tb Joshua (1295 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Praises Tb Joshua by simplify: 6:12am On Jan 09, 2010
Senator lauds church's role in tourism growth
From Leo Sobechi, Abakaliki

THE Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Anthony Agbo, has praised The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), for its contribution to Nigeria's development, especially the Federal Government's re-branding efforts.

The lawmaker noted that the SCOAN and its pastor, Temitope Balogun Joshua, have contributed immensely to tourism development in the country.

Agbo, who spoke to reporters said that after watching the SCOAN's Emmanuel TV, he was overwhelmed by what he saw there.

He explained that the number of foreigners who troop to the church made him think about any other spot in the country that could attract such mammoth influx of people into Nigeria, stressing that such outlet could only be possible as a blessing of God.

He therefore called on the government to bestow the highest national honour award of Grand Commander of Order of the Niger (GCON) on Pastor Joshua for his efforts to improve Nigeria's image and alleviate the people's sufferings in various ways.

His words: "I want to talk about something Nigerians have not been talking about all this while. You know whenever we want to talk about the country's independence, we talk of how painful the Nigerian state has been or how such a failure it has become. But I want to speak on a particular element, even in our country, which is so attractive to me and my personal disposition. I am talking about Pastor T. B. Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations. I am a practising Christian of the Catholic denomination. But any area I notice some fundamental value to this country I have a sense of responsibility to point out."

The senator who is also the National Patron of National Association of Disabled Persons in Nigeria, disclosed that though it was not too long he stumbled upon Emmanuel TV, he has become addicted to it more than other news channel, pointing out that the influx of citizens of different countries from many continents to benefit from healing and the un-paralleled charity works of the Synagogue made him happy to be a Nigerian.

Agbo, who represents Ebonyi North senatorial district, maintained that no single institution in the country has attracted different people from all over the world to Nigeria, describing Joshua as the greatest brand any country can ever wish to have, even as he called on other wealthy citizens and organisations to emulate the pastor's worthy example.

"Watching Emmanuel TV, I cannot see myself fail to glorify God for giving this kind of gift and man of God to Nigeria. If you watch this TV channel, you will discover that the Synagogue Church of All Nations has made Nigeria one of the world's hottest spots for religious tourism. You see the trains of different nationals, see them receive healing and instant solution to their problems and it does not stop with the healing and deliverances that are wrought by God, but when you now look at the level of the charity works this man is rendering to Nigerians that deserve them you would be overwhelmed," he stated.

He added: "In Emmanuel, I see in contrast how an individual is being used by God to gather all the people rejected by the society, dwarfs who nobody wants to associate with, widows with pathetic and plaintive cries as well as disabled persons who live under the bridges and on the streets of all states in Nigeria. He clothes, feeds and rehabilitates them. Mother Theresa of Calcutta got the Nobel prize and highest award in India. From what I have seen on Emmanuel TV, that man of God, Pastor T. B Joshua, deserves the national award in our country, GCON.

"Not only for his charitable works, but that award would also serve to glorify God. It is not for him as a person but to God for giving this gift to Nigeria and Africa, especially for bringing troubled souls from all corners of the globe to Nigeria to receive answers to their psycho-social problems. So I am really overwhelmed and I want it on record that I deeply glorify God for the gift of this man of God to Nigeria. And I am calling on President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, to give the highest national award to this Pastor. This should not be personalised because it is God that is working, so the idea is to glorify God."

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article12//indexn3_html?pdate=080110&ptitle=Senator%20lauds%20church%27s%20role%20in%20tourism%20growth&cpdate=080110[/url]
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by TheLight2: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2010
It is good to know that some people take their time to examine things in the light of God's words.

I salute Senator Agbo for his truthfulness and outright independent analysis of the Grace of God in the life of Prophet TB Joshua.

We have seen and read about the numerous works of healing, miracles, charity, reconciliation and prophecy that God has been using the Prophet to carry out.

I pray that God will strengthen Senator Agbo and increase the annointing upon the life of Prophet TB Joshua.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by simplify: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2010
tb joshua is a breath of fresh air for all nigerians
sooner or later they need to recognize it
the rest of the world are already recognizing it and benefiting from it
if our government, politician could come down and go and meet tb joshua for prayer and advice, i think we would really see some positive changes in the state of our affairs
but typically, we are still too proud, too arrogant and too money hungry to do that kind of thing

God help us
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by niceguy10: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2010
Senator i really do thank God for your Life and also pray for the grace of God to be on TB Joshua, Good things are really coming out of my great country Nigeria.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by mamagee3(f): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2010
Tb Joshua is still what he is. tongue
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Zodiac61(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
So a bunch of lost souls, misguided foreigners make their way to a fraud TB Joshua, and a SENATOR (one of our senior lawmakers) sings praises.
Other countries award their citizens for winning the Nobel prize for medicine, physics and so on. Their citizens are given their countries' highest honours for their contributions to justice, child welfare, education (you begin to get my drift).

"Watching Emmanuel TV, I cannot see myself fail to glorify God for giving this kind of gift and man of God to Nigeria. If you watch this TV channel, you will discover that the Synagogue Church of All Nations has made Nigeria one of the world's hottest spots for religious tourism. You see the trains of different nationals, see them receive healing and instant solution to their problems and it does not stop with the healing and deliverances that are wrought by God, but when you now look at the level of the charity works this man is rendering to Nigerians that deserve them you would be overwhelmed," he stated.

He added: "In Emmanuel, I see in contrast how an individual is being used by God to gather all the people rejected by the society, dwarfs who nobody wants to associate with, widows with pathetic and plaintive cries as well as disabled persons who live under the bridges and on the streets of all states in Nigeria. He clothes, feeds and rehabilitates them. Mother Theresa of Calcutta got the Nobel prize and highest award in India. From what I have seen on Emmanuel TV, that man of God, Pastor T. B Joshua, deserves the national award in our country, GCON.

"Not only for his charitable works, but that award would also serve to glorify God. It is not for him as a person but to God for giving this gift to Nigeria and Africa, especially for bringing troubled souls from all corners of the globe to Nigeria to receive answers to their psycho-social problems. So I am really overwhelmed and I want it on record that I deeply glorify God for the gift of this man of God to Nigeria. And I am calling on President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, to give the highest national award to this Pastor. This should not be personalised because it is God that is working, so the idea is to glorify God."

It gets even crazier, this Honourable senator claims that a national award would serve to glorify God. Why don't we just make TB (or other charlatans pastors) president and lawmakers. At least we would not spend time and energy voting for morons like Senator Agbo.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Mufuadamu: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2010
Hmmmm - it is true. The benefits of TB Joshua's ministry for Nigeria are numerous and apart from that as Senator Agbo rightly says - many people all over the world receive their freedom from the power of God in the life of TB Joshua. What impresses me most about him is that everyone knows that no matter how many awards or honours he may get, that will not change him - he is doing what he is doing because be loves and obeys God not because he wants to be appreciated. If there were more like him, then not just Nigeria but the world would be a better place.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by pmartins: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
lf a senator can praise a man of God,that means he has seen the true light of God in him.and all what the senator have said inside this article are true because I have watch most of T.B Joshua clips on Emmanuel T.V how he normally help people through the works of charity. will need to embrace good thing in our land.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Zodiac61(m): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2010
pmartins:

lf a senator can praise a man of God,that means he has seen the true light of God in him.and all what the senator have said inside this article are true because I have watch most of T.B Joshua clips on Emmanuel T.V how he normally help people through the works of charity. will need to embrace good thing in our land.
Your logic defeats me. So if I praise a pastor, it means that I have seen the true light of god in him.
Hmm. I am sure that there is some sense in there somehow. It just can't be found.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Nosa77(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Zodiac 61

what's your problem with agbo? as far as i can see, he is just giving credit to whom credit's due

i tink he has done well to voice out, many are seeing d glory of God in tb joshua but too ashamed to speak out because of d way dey abuse am in d past. people in nigeria need to know what's really happening in d Synagogue
many have heard very bad reports and agbo just wants to shed light on d matter

you dat say dat tb joshua is a fraud and a charlatan, ok, where is d evidence?
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by AbuZola3(m): 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
Joshua is a fraud, i have the CD testimony of bisola
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Zodiac61(m): 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
Nosa 77:

@Zodiac 61

what's your problem with agbo? as far as i can see, he is just giving credit to whom credit's due

i tink he has done well to voice out, many are seeing d glory of God in tb joshua but too ashamed to speak out because of d way dey abuse am in d past. people in nigeria need to know what's really happening in d Synagogue
many have heard very bad reports and agbo just wants to shed light on d matter

you dat say dat tb joshua is a fraud and a charlatan, ok, where is d evidence?
May I start by saying that I do not have a problem with TB Joshua. After all, the man (like all other pastors) is a business man. The problem is with the mumus who do not see that they are being taken for a ride by fake miracles and prophesies and protestations of direct access to god. People are free to believe whatever they want, but it is not the business of our legislators to sing the praises of conmen.
"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." Whatever it happening in the synagogue is not of god since god does not exist.
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Nosa77(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Zodiac 61
I understand now why you class Tb Joshua as a fraud. If you don't believe in God, den definitely, you cannot begin to believe the ones that God has sent. If you dont understand d grace of God, den you def won't understand dose dat God's grace has set apart. but 4 God's sake, i beg, look at tb joshua with an open mind - d huge and outrageous amount of criticism he is receiving actually proves his authenticity more, if you consider d way jesus and d apostles were persecuted, you will understand what i'm saying
Re: Senator Praises Tb Joshua by Nosa77(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ abu zola,
dere has never been any evidence released dat tbj is a fraud and d accusations on d cd you mentioned has been cancelled by a cd released of her confessions at d synagogue - someone who came dere for help and healing now turned d whole ting round like dat, a big shame

(1) (Reply)

A Door Of Utterance / ard / Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.