Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) (74058 Views)

I Killed This Snake In My Compound This Night (Photo) / I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? / Civet That Was Killed In My Cousin's Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by bufness(m): 6:53pm On May 08, 2017
jumobi1:
Bangdadadang!
oshey awon eyan speed Darlington grin

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by mzzhavilah(f): 6:55pm On May 08, 2017
aflame100:
u seem to know animal, are you a hunter?
yes I hunt . grin
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2017
It is Called Bush Meat grin
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by phililp(m): 7:02pm On May 08, 2017
EternalTruths:
In Igbo language, it is called EdiAbali

yea Edi... thats what they call it...they say it walks and sleep.. if u eat it your fate will be of it ..... like the trypanosomiasis thing
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by princessayesha(f): 7:02pm On May 08, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

please spend more time reading books and watching educational documentary.

instead of wasting time on religion and useless stuff.

Civets do not harm humans. they run away from humans.
You should have just wrote "it does'nt eat humans " ... I dont need lectures on how to live my life smiley
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by CHARLOE(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2017
youngprofdguru:
Hmmm sincerely speaking man, guess you were trigger happy. But just let it die in NL cos if you take this too far, ARA might be gunning for you man. Sincerely to me it's not worth killing, if you had told us it attacked you that would have been a different case not you killing it without him causing any harm to you. Pls don't do this next time, a lesson to all trigger happy fellas here on this forum.
U dey mind d ignorant op. This animal can be a rich tourism potential for Anambra. People all over d world would com to see this beautiful animal. What's d Anambra govt doing?
These same ignorant Nigerians, like d op n blockhead govs would pay thousands of dollars to go n see this same animal in a zoo in Europe/sa. Smh @ d Blackman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by grandstar(m): 7:08pm On May 08, 2017
Ralphlauren:
Looking at its fur, that animal looks like a hyena.

Maybe a breed of hyena found in Africa undecided

Hyenas are only found in Africa!!!

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by savagefinder1: 7:08pm On May 08, 2017
IAMDUTCHBRAH:
Looks like a Hyena brah
I doubt that sir/ma
a hyena has longer fore limbs compared to its hind limbs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Jelal0007(m): 7:10pm On May 08, 2017
princessayesha:

You should have just wrote "it does'nt eat humans " ... I dont need lectures on how to live my life smiley
Excellent diplomatic and matured response.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Culin(f): 7:12pm On May 08, 2017
angry so after killing an innocent animal you're asking us what next?
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:18pm On May 08, 2017
aaah our village hunter
na pepper soup things
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 7:21pm On May 08, 2017
Amory:

What I decide to watch is non of your business

What you should be concerned about is your colossal stupidity for making such a remark

Watching nat geo is now a yard stick for knowing what animals are dangerous to my existence

Get a brain

P. S: no more replies to you, I don't do fish brains

E pain am!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by iamclime(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2017
It is called IJAKUMO in Yoruba. Moves mainly at night. The perineal gland alone would have fetched you not less than 5K, not to talk of the skin, when sold to the right buyers. As for the meat, very fatty and takes patience to roast but tastes better than just boiled. Bon appetite!
N.B: It is not wrong to kill animals for food, for their skin, for medicinal purposes, or to protect ourselves. What is bad is killing for pleasure or greedily killing more than we really need.

2 Likes

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 7:23pm On May 08, 2017
princessayesha:

"Written"
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 08, 2017
jumobi1:
Bangdadadang!
You mean this nigga

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by princessayesha(f): 7:26pm On May 08, 2017
LordOfNaira:

"Written"
Whatever...the message has been passed

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by ocloud81(m): 7:29pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=Ralphlauren post=56309304]Looking at its fur, that animal looks like a hyena.

Maybe a breed of hyena found in Africa

That animal is hyena
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by 9jja(f): 7:32pm On May 08, 2017
EternalTruths:
In Igbo language, it is called EdiAbali

You are nwa afo.
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by richyblink1(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2017
ezebunafo:
there is much of this civet cat in anambra,expecially in NNEWI,we call it EDI

What part of nnewi are you from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 7:37pm On May 08, 2017
princessayesha:
Whatever...the message has been passed
Yes, bulletwise...
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 7:42pm On May 08, 2017
weyabcom:
na anambra oo. And we are surprise to see such around that area particularly

And the best thing to do was to kill it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by omaigala12(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2017
How are you feeling in ur body Now that you have killed this beautiful animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by ezebunafo(m): 7:51pm On May 08, 2017
richyblink1:

What part of nnewi are you from?
I rep otolo
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by omaigala12(m): 7:51pm On May 08, 2017
weyabcom:
Well nairalanders can help us to identify this animal...
Terminated the life not long ago (Animal right not invited please)
What next please grin
How are you feeling in ur body Now that you have killed this beautiful animal

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 08, 2017
phililp:

yea Edi... thats what they call it...they say it walks and sleep.. if u eat it your fate will be of it ..... like the trypanosomiasis thing
Hahaha... Weyabcom, are you sleeping??
But on a more serious note make una dy mind wetin una dy eat sha.. This particular animal was fingered as a possible SARS virus réservoir years back before person go chop wetin go resurrect ebola

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 08, 2017
weyabcom:
Well nairalanders can help us to identify this animal...
Terminated the life not long ago (Animal right not invited please)
What next please grin
It looks like a genet, check my profile to see the one killed in my school.
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by HughJazz(m): 8:03pm On May 08, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I guess it's hunger. I hope the people killing all these animals won't end up dead by eating poisonous animals. So pathetic that our people will hunt and eat anything.
that's how ebola started , people were killing bats and monkeys. And when they start to get all kind of diseases they'll start shouting God and blaming buhari up and down . Nonsense .what takes him not to raise 2 to 3 chickens he'll even get eggs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by predatorX: 8:04pm On May 08, 2017
weyabcom:
break it down what's weasel

Take a very keen look at LAI MOHAMMED and ask no further grin grin grin
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 08, 2017
savagefinder1:

I doubt that sir/ma

a hyena has longer fore limbs compared to its hind limbs
I agree looks like a civet cat.Hyena are in Nigeria mostly in the North.
Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 08, 2017
HughJazz:
You must have felt like a man right? For killing the animal that didn't attack you.
He should be charged and prosecuted for animal abuse.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 08, 2017
HughJazz:
they farm their meat. Did you farm this animal? You killed it for pleasure . Do you kill cows and goat for fun and pleasure?
I'm in tears right now,this is so wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Civet With One Bullet (Photos) by HughJazz(m): 8:10pm On May 08, 2017
greenhulk:

So when u see a snake near ur house where ur family lives u will wait until it attacks u before u kill it? Cmon dude, I know some species are endangered but when I see an animal that I do not know I kill it before it kills or hurts anyone. I just can't take chances before I want to protect some species. Kill first before asking questions whether it is harmful or not.
there is a difference between animal attacking you and you going out looking for something to kill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Killed This Snake Trying To Get Into My Hostel Today / Pregnant Woman Dies After Marathon Sex With Strange Lover / See The Huge Python I Killed, Was Trying To Enter My House Through Window Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.