Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa (456 Views)

Here's The Official Portrait Of New Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-olu / The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review / Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by uyiekpenn(m): 6:29am On May 08, 2017
People of colour make up one third of the world's population and due to this factor the need to have a central language every African anywhere in the world can relate with is necessary. By the term "African" I am equally referring to Caribbeans (Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados etc), African Americans, Afro-Cubans, Afro-Brazilians, Afro-Argentines, Afro-Colombians, Afro-Costa Ricans, Afro-Venezuelans, Afro-Mexicans and every country in the Americas where there's an African population outside the continent of Africa.

Recently a lot of African Americans have been migrating to Ghana, Sierra Leone and other parts of Africa and they're also connecting more with their African identity. This to me is a step in the right direction because they are Africans who were displaced by the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade and the Trans Saharan Slave Trade. Let's put aside the global separation amongst melanated people because at the end of the day we are all Africans. Let's equally reach out to the Dravidian people of India, Aboriginal Australians, Samoans, Papua New Guineas and every melanated person from the Pacifics as well.

I'm African and I've long embraced my African spirit because Black people are the root of every civilization and from which every race evolved. Before the demise of great Pan Africanists like Mummar Gadaffi, Kwame Nkwurah, Patrice Lumumba, Thomas Sankara, Marcus Garvey and the Great emperor Hallie Selassie, they preached Pan Africanism and the need to embrace our African spirit. It's time to have an African Central Bank and also a unitary currency to put an end to modern day slavery and Neo-colonialism. Please support this movement by spreading the word.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by Caseless: 6:43am On May 08, 2017
This sounds sweet, but not feasible cos we are the architects of our problem.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by Tolexander: 7:42am On May 08, 2017
Unification of Africa through trade and commerce, communication, politics, currency are still worthy, but adopting a common language isn't feasible at all. European Union wouldn't even try that.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by uyiekpenn(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2017
Caseless:
This sounds sweet, but not feasible cos we are the architects of our problem.
it's very possible. As a matter of fact, myself and some Africans are already working on an organization that supports Pan Africanism. We are over 20 and I'm the only Nigerian there.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by uyiekpenn(m): 8:28am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
Unification of Africa through trade and commerce, communication, politics, currency are still worthy, but adopting a common language isn't feasible at all. European Union wouldn't even try that.
it's feasible if we can all work together.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by Caseless: 8:35am On May 08, 2017
uyiekpenn:
it's very possible. As a matter of fact, myself and some Africans are already working on an organization that supports Pan Africanism. We are over 20 and I'm the only Nigerian there.
I support that. But how do you intend to achieve this?
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by Franzinni: 8:37am On May 08, 2017
Good direction but a black man can not plan something successfully with another black man.... There will always be the slave and the slave catcher in All they do.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by Tolexander: 8:42am On May 08, 2017
uyiekpenn:
it's feasible if we can all work together.
It isn't!
Adopting 3 languages is still more feasible than one.

Moreover, why the need when there are translators.
Re: Kiswahili Should Be The Official Language Of Africa by uyiekpenn(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2017
Caseless:
I support that. But how do you intend to achieve this?
we Rd working with black people and teaching Swahili which happens to be the language of communication in our meetings. We are also planning on seeing the need to embrace our African spirit.

(1) (Reply)

2019 General Elections: A New Generation Party Set For Inauguration / Petrol Station Attendant Returns Excess Money Paid Her By Customer In Abuja(pics / Gov Wike Pictured Playing Golf With Son (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.