Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? (1058 Views)

My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / 4 Signs Your Wife Is Sleeping With Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by ThatDeek: 8:25am On May 08, 2017
Honestly, I'm fed up. I live with my parents. Still schooling but I'm planning on moving out soon. I read or work till earliest 1:30 am. Most times, till 2am. Coupled with my usual busy day. I work like an ox.

Sometimes, I get too tired that i sleep till 8am. Since my mornings are not always busy. I'm self employed. And as soon as i wake up, work begins.

Now the ish is, my parents tag sleeping past 7am as lazy no matter the excuse given. My ear no dey rest again. They know if i have something to do urgently the next day, i'm always up by 5:30am.

Now imagine me working and studying from 8am till 2am.. Physically and mentally.. Can it still be termed laziness if i sleep late?

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by dingbang(m): 8:29am On May 08, 2017
Please leave ur parents house sha

4 Likes

Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by TimmyPapa(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2017
That's our belief but d time u sleep determines the time u wake up.m u can try sleep @ 9:00pm nd u ll find ursef waking up early... dat dusnt mak u lazy... u can as well set an alarm
Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by Acidosis(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2017
I can relate with your concern OP.

The time we wake has got nothing to do with laziness. It is one of those unfounded hypothetical nonsense, all thanks to half-baked "wise sayings" from half-educated, mis-educated and mal-educated propagandists.

I'd rather we focus on the amount of time spent on an average sleeping period.

I've once stumbled on a so called "wise saying" that states: "to be rich you have to be awake as early as 6am" and I was like, really?! So even when I work from 7pm - 5:59am and decide to take a sleep at 6am, I won't be rich? Lol

More than 3/4 of current "wise sayings/quotes" and long held beliefs need to be deleted completely from the universe.

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by Godson201333(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2017
ThatDeek:
Honestly, I'm fed up. I live with my parents. Still schooling but I'm planning on moving out soon. I read or work till earliest 1:30 am. Most times, till 2am. Coupled with my usual busy day. I work like an ox.

Sometimes, I get too tired that i sleep till 8am. Since my mornings are not always busy. I'm self employed. And as soon as i wake up, work begins.

Now the ish is, my parents tag sleeping past 7am as lazy no matter the excuse given. My ear no dey rest again. They know if i have something to do urgently the next day, i'm always up by 5:30am.

Now imagine me working and studying from 8am till 2am.. Physically and mentally.. Can it still be termed laziness if i sleep late?

You need to discipline yourself and go to bed early so that you can wake up early...If you wake up around 5 am,You can still learn for an hour because your brain would still be fresh and sharp !!!! Well you waking up at 7 30 is not laziness but honestly it's better to wake up early and start your day earlier...
Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by Acidosis(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2017
Godson201333:

You need to discipline yourself and go to bed early so that you can wake up early...If you wake up around 5 am,You can still learn for an hour because your brain would still be fresh and sharp !!!! Well you waking up at 7 30 is not laziness but honestly it's better to wake up early and start your day earlier...

Does same principle applies to workers on night duty?

How about Friday vigils?

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by mctowel01: 2:28pm On May 09, 2017
Time of waking should and must depend of your productive schedule. That is the best time you have something productive to do. A night guard will sleep during the day to be alert at night. Use what works best for you and leave all those quotes for quotations

1 Like

Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by Acidosis(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2017
mctowel01:
Time of waking should and must depend of your productive schedule. That is the best time you have something productive to do. A night guard will sleep during the day to be alert at night. Use what works best for you and leave all those quotes for quotations

cc: OP
Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by dangotesmummy: 1:58pm On May 10, 2017
Just endure their excesses till you get your own house
Re: Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:52am On May 11, 2017
I wake up whenever I want to and that doesn't stop me from achieving my goals for the day. They say "rich men don't sleep for many hours". That's total crap!
I sleep as I wish unless I've an appointment.

OP, since you're in your parents' house, just endure till you move.

(1) (Reply)

23 Things To Do To Keep Your Husband Under The Control Of Your Love / Sales! Sales!! Sales!!! Household Items At Give Away Price in Lagos / You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.