Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? (1716 Views)

My Prediction: A Violent Splinter Group Will Emerge From IPOB In The Future / A President Without Luck And A Nation On Verge Of Anarchy (1) / Nigeria Needs A President Who Understands Economy – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2017
Since 1999, all the presidents that have come from the south only managed to get through by sheer luck (Jonathan) or by goodwill of the North (Obasanjo). I mean, according to the north, Obasanjo became president because they wanted to pay the Yoruba people for the June 12 debacle. As for Jonathan, we know he got there because Yaradua died and being the second i command,, he naturally took over and was subsequently booted out after his first term. Another person who could see luck on his side is Yemi Osibanjo.

Does it mean that no outside Southerner can come and contest and win comfortably except he gets there by sheer luck or goodwill of the northerners. We've not been able to find out because no northern candidate has ever ruled for 8 years straight since 1999.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by DickDastardly(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2017
RESTRUCTURING will change it ... thats why they wont hear of it. As for us, its BIAFRA or nothing. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by ImadeUReadThis: 9:57am On May 08, 2017
I can categorically state that if Buhari was to drop dead this instant in London, there is no way Osinbanjo can emerge as President.

I say this not because the cabal and the north will feel cheated out a second time or if the Sunni lunatics up north will see the last 7yrs prior to May 29, 2015 as a futile waste of jihad.

I lay my claim solely on the fact that Osinbanjo does not have the blessings of Heaven to make him President.

Osinbanjo has denied Christ more than Peter and has never tried to repent.

Osinbanjo is a cucklord and a coward.

Since he could not find his voice over the senseless killings of his fellow Redeem congregation member (and a yoruba woman for that matter) that was slaughtered in Abuja of all places by boko jihadist for committing the sin of preaching on the streets (a profession Osinbanjo claims to be partly committed to) then there is no way God will prevail over him.

Osinbanjo and his fellow useful idiots in the APC where the ones who breathed fresh life into the wounded and dying Islamic Caliphate beast.

They will not in any way see power and the only way a southerner will rule Nigeria again is when (and not if) the Fulani/Hausa Ummah are totally expelled from the Union.

Till then, we will have boko idiots and lunatics ruling Nijeriya

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by nerodenero: 10:08am On May 08, 2017
You actually made me read the bolded part as your moniker implies.
ImadeUReadThis:
I can categorically state that if Buhari was to drop dead this instant in London, there is no way Osinbanjo can emerge as President

I say this not because the cabal and the north will feel cheated out a second time or if the Sunni lunatics up north will see the last 7yrs prior to May 29, 2015 as a futile waste of jihad.

I lay my claim solely on the fact that Osinbanjo does not have the blessings of Heaven to make him President

Osinbanjo has denied Christ more than Peter and has never tried to repent.

Osinbanjo is a cucklord and a coward.

Since he could not find his voice over the senseless killings of his fellow Redeem congregation member (and a yoruba woman for that matter) that was slaughtered in Abuja of all places by boko jihadist for committing the sin of preaching on the streets (a profession Osinbanjo claims to be partly committed to) then there is no way God will prevail over him.

Osinbanjo and his fellow useful idiots in the APC where the ones who breathed fresh life into the wounded and dying Islamic Caliphate beast.

They will not in any way see power and the only way a southerner will rule Nigeria again is when (and not if) the Fulani/Hausa Ummah are totally expelled from the Union.

Till then, we will have boko idiots and lunatics ruling Nijeriya
You can't play God. Osinbajo hasn't committed a quarter of the many atrocities committed by past polithiefcians who eventually became presidents. Can we now say that they got the blessings of heaven despite their atrocities? God dey watch o.

8 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by ImadeUReadThis: 10:10am On May 08, 2017
nerodenero:
You actually made me read the bolded part as your moniker implies.You can play God.

Lets watch and see.

All power comes from GOD.

Osinbanjo has denied his God and I know the GOD I serve will surely abandon him

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by nerodenero: 10:23am On May 08, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Lets watch and see.

All power comes from GOD.

Osinbanjo has denied his God and I know the GOD I serve will surely abandon him
Peter denied Jesus and yet he was saved.

God is not man. Only God gives power and there are chances Osinbajo might be president someday. He is well positioned to achieve it. It might not be under Buhari but he is more credible and good enough for the office. He has no corruption cases.

7 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by ImadeUReadThis: 10:44am On May 08, 2017
nerodenero:
Peter denied Jesus and yet he was saved.

God is not man. Only God gives power and there are chances Osinbajo might be president someday. He is well positioned to achieve it. It might not be under Buhari but he is more credible and good enough for the office. He has no corruption cases.

Peter repented.

Has your cucklord of a man servant repented of his denial of Christ?

On being well positioned to be President, God has shown us he will deny even the most steadfast of his Prophets their blessings. See Moses.

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by nerodenero: 10:53am On May 08, 2017
Peter repented, that's true. Osinbajo needs to repent, you need to repent and I too needs to. Who doesn't need to repent?

Were you there when Osinbajo denied Christ?

Lastly let God be the judge.
ImadeUReadThis:

Peter repented.

Has your cucklord of a man servant repented of his denial of Christ?

On being well positioned to be President, God has shown us he will deny even the most steadfast of his Prophets their blessings. See Moses.

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by ImadeUReadThis: 10:56am On May 08, 2017
nerodenero:
Peter repented, that's true. Osinbajo needs to repent, you need to repent and I too needs to. Who doesn't need to repent?

Were you there when Osinbajo denied Christ?

Lastly let God be the judge.

Osinbanjo can never rule Nigeria.

The stage has been set to disgrace all the vagabounds claiming Pastors.

God will prevail and Osinbanjo will witness first hand jihad

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Progressive01(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2017
Afam4eva:
Since 1999, all the presidents that have come from the south only managed to get through by sheer luck (Jonathan) or by goodwill of the North (Obasanjo). I mean, according to the north, Obasanjo became president because they wanted to pay the Yoruba people for the June 12 debacle. As for Jonathan, we know he got there because Yaradua died and being the second i command,, he naturally took over and was subsequently booted out after his first term. Another person who could see luck on his side is Yemi Osibanjo.

Does it mean that no outside Southerner can come and contest and win comfortably except he gets there by sheer luck or goodwill of the northerners. We've not been able to find out because no northern candidate has ever ruled for 8 years straight since 1999.
You've not been able to find out because none has ruled for 8years, yet you wrote what you wrote. What manner of wild imagination is that?

You people come online to allege all sort of things against the northerners, with no proof whatsoever, later you complain people hate you. Is this the kind of attitude that should beget love?

Afam, what exactly were you thinking before creating this thread? sad

6 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On May 08, 2017
Progressive01:
You've not been able to find out because none has ruled for 8years, yet you wrote what you wrote. What manner of wild imagination is that?

You people come online to allege all sort of things against the northerners, with no proof whatsoever, later you complain people hate you. Is this the kind of attitude that should beget love?

Afam, what exactly were you thinking before creating this thread? sad
No northerner has been able to rule for 8 years straight for us to find out whether they will willingly hand over to a southerner or not as the southerners that have gotten there have done so based purely or luck or goodwill. On the other hand, someone like Yaradua came from quasi obscurity to become Nigeria's president. Can a southerner achieve that feat?

6 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Progressive01(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

No northerner has been able to rule for 8 years straight for us to find out whether they will willingly hand over to a southerner or not as the southerners that have gotten there have done so based purely or luck or goodwill. On the other hand, someone like Yaradua came from quasi obscurity to become Nigeria's president. Can a southerner achieve that feat?
The title of your thread is a STATEMENT and not a QUERY, meaning it is a FACT, so also the body of the op.

Facts aren't conjectures but you said you CANNOT be SURE because no Northerner has ruled for 8 uninterrupted years. So, if you cannot be sure, why make the statement in the first place?

So my question is, where is the logic in the "facts" as contained in the title and body of your thread since their precondition which is "a northerner ruling for eight straight years" hasn't been satisfied?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Agbaletu: 11:42am On May 08, 2017
I find it difficult to go along with the title of this thread.
We should stop making this kind of statement.
I hope the OP can make it like a question instead of a statement.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by EmeeNaka: 12:20pm On May 08, 2017
Well, Nigeria democracy has not lasted long for one to make this kind of claim and the incidents that formed the basis of the claim are laughable
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2017
Question mark inserted.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by fulanimafia: 5:22pm On May 08, 2017
The answer is in your head but you're hoping it's not the case. The North is the largest voting bloc so it's not rocket science.

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by babyfaceafrica: 5:38pm On May 08, 2017
Which kain question be this nah?...
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by 989900: 5:38pm On May 08, 2017
Too many st00pid threads for a day. #slownewsday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by malton: 5:49pm On May 08, 2017
Yes.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Nowenuse: 5:59pm On May 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

But late Yar'adua is the younger brother to the other late Yar'adua who was a friend to OBJ.

3 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 08, 2017
na yoruba muslim cause am..

no story...na so e be. and go continue to be till nigeria receive sense.. and everyone to his tent.

1 Like

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Guestlander: 6:36pm On May 08, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Osinbanjo can never rule Nigeria.

The stage has been set to disgrace all the vagabounds claiming Pastors.

God will prevail and Osinbanjo will witness first hand jihad

God will grant Buhari a quick recovery back to good health and he will complete his term but if according to the will of God he dies then the VP will take over, that is what the constitution says.
Both Buhari and the VP were jointly elected on the same ticket so the VP is not serving at the pleasure of the president.

2 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 08, 2017
Guestlander:

God will grant Buhari a quick recovery back to good health and he will complete his term but if according to the will of God he dies then the VP will take over, that is what the constitution says.
Both Buhari and the VP were jointly elected on the same ticket so the VP is not serving at the pleasure of the president.

north no mumu oh..
Osibanjo president?.. na for una eye e go happen.
no be mouth..
time for everyone to caRry dem cross be that.

2 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by madridguy(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2017
sad sad sad
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by malton: 6:41pm On May 08, 2017
fulanimafia:
The answer is in your head but you're hoping it's not the case. The North is the largest voting bloc so it's not rocket science.

Oga o, the North is NOT the largest voting bloc.

The South just doesn't speak with one voice.

1 Like

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Guestlander: 6:43pm On May 08, 2017
bounty007:

north no mumu oh..
Osibanjo president?.. na for una eye e go happen.
no be mouth..
time for everyone to caRry dem cross be that.

How do you intend to prevent him, change the constitution?

1 Like

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 08, 2017
Guestlander:

How do you intend to prevent him, change the constitution?

no worry how.. when the times comes, you will see with your eyes..how e happen.

that's all for now.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Guestlander: 6:50pm On May 08, 2017
bounty007:

no worry how.. when the times comes, you will see with your eyes..how e happen.

that's all for now.

Ok.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by Nobody: 5:56am On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

STOP asking silly questions. This thread is stupid.
Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by lilytender: 7:53am On May 09, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
I can categorically state that if Buhari was to drop dead this instant in London, there is no way Osinbanjo can emerge as President.

I lay my claim solely on the fact that Osinbanjo does not have the blessings of Heaven to make him President.

Are you God's Special Adviser on Media and Publicity? Your village people that are doing you like this must be mad. Buhari/Osinbajo do not have the blessing of God, yet they are ruling. What happened to your brother the ineffectual buffoon that has the blessing of God to loot, steal and share? God punish devil.

2 Likes

Re: Can a president emerge from the south without luck or goodwill from the North? by wristbangle: 8:51am On May 09, 2017
malton:

Oga o, the North is NOT the largest voting bloc.

The South just doesn't speak with one voice.

This is the answer to OP question. Simple!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnewi:the Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes / Operation Python Dance: Army Withdraws From Abia / Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.