Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252877 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matiuadex: 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
MicroMo:
Hey guys, I applied to hillsong college sydney, I will be studying music (christian ministry). Music related occupations are on the MLTSSL . Does it matter that it is a christian school? If yes, what do I do? I am a graduate of economics, but all my life, I have worked as as music director for churches, hence music is my life and passion. School resumes 31st. Submitted application on 30th november. Still waiting for my grant.

Hello, have you been called for biometrics yet? has your status changed in the portal?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:35am On Dec 13, 2018
Paschaldanielse:
Hello friends indeed. I need your suggestion in this. I finished my o level in 2015 and had stayed in business with my mom since then because my senior brother has to study first bfore me. We took turns because my father is late and my mom alone cant cope with the pleasure alone and needs honest pple around to ensure complete profit. she gave me assurrance that, for agreeing to stay with her and working willingly as my siblings study, she will sponsor me abraod at any cost so far as am happy. Now is time to start application and agents re saying schools wont give me admission because of the study gap. Another said whether am paid salary in what i have been doing since 2015. My question is, How can my mom pay me salary,? Please i kno many had a similar case to this please tell me how u solved it. I will be very happy to see many ideas. Thanks
Are you going for Bsc or MSc?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paschaldanielse: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2018
Bsc
Solitin40:

Are you going for Bsc or MSc?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sunny2488: 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
jiyde:
Amen to that!!

Well, i paid for my PTE through my agent and they got my study material (Textbook and practice CD) sent to me... I read the whole book and did the practice tests on the CD...
I practiced for 3weeks (tho lazy practice till the last week where I had to buckle up)... in all sha, I did intense practice for just 5days. Went for the exam and thank God, the rest is history..

The exam is in sections... Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing...

In all, if you prepare well for it with their study materials, you'll scale through..

So to answer your question, it was a self study...

Hope i did small justice to your question..

PS: I already gave out my study material to a friend who wants to write the exam too... You can google PTE Test centers in Lagos or wherever you are to know where you can register for the exam... the study materials come with the fee you pay for the exam...

Cheers!

You can get free practice material from many websites including pearsonpte.com, https://hotshot24.com and sites available

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Beaufull(f): 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hi I want to apply for the leadership and management in Sydney global college north Sydney I need help please on what to do
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:07am On Dec 14, 2018
Paschaldanielse:
Bsc
How many years gap do you have ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paschaldanielse: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2018
3-4
Solitin40:

How many years gap do you have ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by horlakay(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
I lodged for visa on 25th of oct, 2018. I got a mail from correspondence that i did not meet (pic)4020. Stating that my work document...that is letter of appointment and letter of promotion in advance were bogus documents. And i av been given 28 days to prepare my defence...
I av later seen the fault, the company letter head on one of d letters has a missing alphabet....but this was due to the companys change of business name which was not successful then, but it has already reflected on my appointment letter...

Pls gurus in d house what is d way forward,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jiyde: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nothing yet from this people Oo... 50th working day today grin .... No contact from DIBP yet too... hoping for the best... #OnGod!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
horlakay:
I lodged for visa on 25th of oct, 2018. I got a mail from correspondence that i did not meet (pic)4020. Stating that my work document...that is letter of appointment and letter of promotion in advance were bogus documents. And i av been given 28 days to prepare my defence...
I av later seen the fault, the company letter head on one of d letters has a missing alphabet....but this was due to the companys change of business name which was not successful then, but it has already reflected on my appointment letter...

Only God fit help you. Nonetheless, I think your HR department or boss can write a letter to state your employment details, you may want to include your payslips inclusive of tax certificate (s). You may also wanna include your bank statement to show credits from your company. .
Best regards
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by IamNegan: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
jiyde:
Nothing yet from this people Oo... 50th working day today grin .... No contact from DIBP yet too... hoping for the best... #OnGod!

My guy, na make we chillax ooo...if we no hear anything by next week blik say our grant na next year bdat oooo

No contact from this end tooo.... I tire

@cottyekundayo, philanthropist don dey give up..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jiyde: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin abi naaw.... na to chill till next year... cos me no get plan to message or call anybody... we go dey alright las las...

IamNegan:

My guy, na make we chillax ooo...if we no hear anything by next week blik say our grant na next year bdat oooo

No contact from this end tooo.... I tire

@cottyekundayo, philanthropist don dey give up..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Exactly, we have no choice than to wait.
Let's all keep hoping for the best.
jiyde:
grin abi naaw.... na to chill till next year... cos me no get plan to message or call anybody... we go dey alright las las...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EZINNE1759(f): 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
I'd like to know if you finally did go through with this application being a LIS graduate myself, the information would be quite helpful
Chibuking81:
I got the below message when I registered with UniSA, and was given an option to apply using their agent near to me

Hi ********
We’re delighted that you are interested to study the Master of Information Management (Library and Information Management) with the University of South Australia (UniSA). You are on your way to undertaking a degree that is recognised worldwide.

Over the following weeks, we will send you more information about studying at the University of South Australia, as well as living in Adelaide. We hope this will give you the help you need for the important decisions that lie ahead.

When I searched from their provided agent link, I found some in Portharcourt , Rivers state, which is where I reside.
My questions were as follow;
1. How easy, is it for someone to secure admission in UniSA?
2. Is their fee affordable?.
3. Can I apply for Permanent Resident ( PR) with my field, or do I look for another course?
4. Since I graduated with double honor awarded degree, B.A in library and information science/ political science, and I can apply for either Master in library and information science , Msc in international relation or any other library/ political science field, is there any other university better than UniSA I can go for?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
Someone has responded with the docs you need to present to your CO to carve their indulgence on your genuineness.

Does your company have documents used in applying for the change of business name back then or any form of communications with the registering body concerned?

Your best bet will be bank statements from your first pay day, middle pay periods and last pay. Also include payslips as well. Get them certified by Australian High Commission if you are in Abuja or a qualified Lawyer.

Again make sure your documents are from the original sources otherwise you face a 3-10yrs (if the 10yrs has been implemented) for providing bogus documents.

horlakay:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by horlakay(m): 6:51am On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=WestAfrican post=73854616]Someone has responded with the docs you need to present to your CO to carve their indulgence on your genuineness.

Does your company have documents used in applying for the change of business name back then or any form of communications with the registering body concerned?

Your best bet will be bank statements from your first pay day, middle pay periods and last pay. Also include payslips as well. Get them certified by Australian High Commission if you are in Abuja or a qualified Lawyer.

Again make sure your documents are from the original sources otherwise you face a 3-10yrs (if the 10yrs has been implemented) for providing bogus documents.

I already submitted my payslip, however the company pays by cheques. D only time d companys account reflected on my bank statement was in 2017 were i managed a project..so most of d money was transferred to my account then.
Yes the company has evidence to back up the name change.
My employer has already written a letter with affidavit to back it up..
But am still scared because i cant proof much
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2018
Hi Fam,

Please, I have some questions. I studied Earth Sciences (applied geology) so here are my questions:

1.Can I do my masters in another field?
2.can applying for a diploma or graduate diploma get me a visa?
3. Can I pay tuition per semester?

Please I need answers, God bless fam
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2018
I'm yet to understand why most Nigerians fail to pay taxes and yet complain on the condition of the country. Am sorry to say but your reasons sound a bit dodgy to me.

Anyways, all you can do now is PRAY and HOPE.

Godspeed.

[quote author=horlakay post=73857794][/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by horlakay(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=WestAfrican post=73863443]I'm yet to understand why most Nigerians fail to pay taxes and yet complain on the condition of the country. Am sorry to say but your reasons sound a bit dodgy to me.

Anyways, all you can do now is PRAY and HOPE.

Godspeed.

Thanks....the company i work for pay tax and its been deducted from our salary, i said i get paid by cheques.
And bro we are all nigerians, how has u paying tax helped the country.
I will pray and hope that all i have left
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2018
henrymor:
Hi Fam,

Please, I have some questions. I studied Earth Sciences (applied geology) so here are my questions:

1.Can I do my masters in another field?
2.can applying for a diploma or graduate diploma get me a visa?
3. Can I pay tuition per semester?

Please I need answers, God bless fam
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=henrymor post=73863963][/quote]

1. Red flag. Do you have a convincing reason?

2. Same as one.

3. Yes, you can
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thank you very much for the response. I must confess I don't have a convincing reason. I suddenly found an interest in engineering (mining engineering). So I thought I could change without it affecting my chance of obtains visa. But as it stands, it seems it can't.

The issue I am having now is that most schools in Australia don't offer a masters degree in geology and earth science. I wish I can find a way to diversify into another course like engineering. What do you think? I need explanations and directions. I want people who know better than me to please enlighten me before I take any step.

Thank you!

shupy:

1. Red flag. Do you have a convincing reason?

2. Same as one.

3. Yes, you can
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
@henrymor there are a lot of things to consider before applying to study in Australia. Even if you have option to study geology in Australia, is the skill for it on the migration list? . I'm not a science student so I can't advice you on further study path.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
henrymor:
Thank you very much for the response. I must confess I don't have a convincing reason. I suddenly found an interest in engineering (mining engineering). So I thought I could change without it affecting my chance of obtains visa. But as it stands, it seems it can't.

The issue I am having now is that most schools in Australia don't offer a masters degree in geology and earth science. I wish I can find a way to diversify into another course like engineering. What do you think? I need explanations and directions. I want people who know better than me to please enlighten me before I take any step.

Thank you!

Bro, earth science/geology is very much related to mining engineering (u can convince them wit mining geology). I read geology too so i knw wat i'm saying. You can check Msc courses: Adelaide university(mining engineering), Macquarie university (they do earth science and environmental related courses), Tasmania too. Guy..earth science, environmental sci/eng, geology, mining are so interwoven. You're supposed to knw dis frm ur course modules in ur Bsc days na..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thank you for your helpful response bro. I will look into the info. Choosing a course to study has been my problem. I don't want to gamble because I am not ready to waste money.

timolala:
Bro, earth science/geology is very much related to mining engineering (u can convince them wit mining geology). I read geology too so I knw wat i'm saying. You can check Msc courses: Adelaide university(mining engineering), Macquarie university (they do earth science and environmental related courses), Tasmania too. Guy..earth science, environmental sci/eng, geology, mining are so interwoven. You're supposed to knw dis from your course modules in ur Bsc days na..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hi, fam,

I am here again kindly come to my aid as I am devastated and depressed now. I have been discussing with my uncle in Australia about the possibility of doing my masters in Australia. We have agreed in the course of study, but the school fee is the issue. My parents and uncles are ready to sponsor me for the first year. But he asked how I am going to take care of the second year if they are no more involved. I said I would work and pay per semester, but he said it's not as easy as I think. That I might not get a job for the first six months. And that even if I get a job, it can only take care of my feeding and transportation. Though I have a side job(freelance writer), I do presently and it's fetching me money.

Please, I want people to enlighten me about:

1. working and paying for my studies.
2. Please does tafe admissions has higher percentage of getting visa

Please I just need explanations and enlightenment. Please for God sake. Thank you all in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrymor: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
henrymor:
Hi, fam,

I am here again kindly come to my aid as I am devastated and depressed now. I have been discussing with my uncle in Australia about the possibility of doing my masters in Australia. We have agreed in the course of study, but the school fee is the issue. My parents and uncles are ready to sponsor me for the first year. But he asked how I am going to take care of the second year if they are no more involved. I said I would work and pay per semester, but he said it's not as easy as I think. That I might not get a job for the first six months. And that even if I get a job, it can only take care of my feeding and transportation. Though I have a side job(freelance writer), I do presently and it's fetching me money.

Please, I want people to enlighten me about:

1. working and paying for my studies.
2. Please does tafe admissions has higher percentage of getting visa

Please I just need explanations and enlightenment. Please for God sake. Thank you all in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MicroMo: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
I have done biometrics. My application status hasn't changed yet. Still showing application is being processed
matiuadex:

Hello, have you been called for biometrics yet? has your status changed in the portal?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matiuadex: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
MicroMo:
I have done biometrics. My application status hasn't changed yet. Still showing application is being processed

Okay, thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
@henrymor

1. Some people over there says it's possible. I personally believe that for every 1 person that's able to work and pay for studies, there are hundreds more that are unable to do so and it's not about being lazy or hard working. International students are expected to financially self sufficient.

2.I'm applying to a TAFE college. The chances of getting visa is slimmer and process for a grant is longer. Will Begin my application soon for 2019 July in take.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.