Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1261135 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aodis: 11:27pm On May 19, 2023
Softkey:
If you’re coming to Sydney, Australia between now and end of June and you have no one or no where to stay, I may be of help.

I can pick you up from Sydney airport (If your arrival is after 5pm Sydney time).

2 weeks (max) accommodation with my family to make you feel at home.

Give you the necessary information you need to start-off. You can call it an orientation. Guide you on how to secure a job.

NOTE: I can only accommodate 1 person at a time (Female only so that my wife can be free in the house 😂).

2 weeks stay is the max, so save me the story later. Within your 2 weeks stay you need to arrange your own accommodation.

Totally FREE!!!

wat about geelong, do you know anyone?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 12:59am On May 20, 2023
Samstan4:

It's free
thanks sir.

Is it better to board in Lagos or abj?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cj9jaland: 11:54am On May 20, 2023
aodis:

How many weeks was your grant approved pls As in the duraion /timeline

Lodge on 1st March
Biometric on 7th March
Medical on 8th March
Grant on 15th May

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 2:01pm On May 20, 2023
denzel231:
thanks sir.

Is it better to board in Lagos or abj?

Lagos
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 2:48pm On May 20, 2023
Samstan4:

Lagos
thanks 🙏
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 8:27pm On May 20, 2023
denzel231:
thanks .
I will use the Lagos to doha to Melbourne.....

I hope I won't be paying for any transit stuff ?

Sorry for disturbing y'all, am new to this. Thanks 👍

Doha has the best transit experience (for me, so far). No payments or anything so far as you remain in the transit area. When you get to Doha, identify the boarding gate to Melbourne for the next flight. If you have time, there is lots of things to either buy or eat in the transit area. My last flight was Lagos-Doha-Melbourne-Sydney. I'm sure you'll find it fun.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 8:32pm On May 20, 2023
Please has anyone received grant for subsequent entrant (subclass 500) recently? I’d like to know the timeline from application to grant, if possible. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by faval(m): 2:35pm On May 21, 2023
Have you done your medical?
denzel231:
u will get it by God grace
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by faval(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2023
Softkey:
If you’re coming to Sydney, Australia between now and end of June and you have no one or no where to stay, I may be of help.

I can pick you up from Sydney airport (If your arrival is after 5pm Sydney time).

2 weeks (max) accommodation with my family to make you feel at home.

Give you the necessary information you need to start-off. You can call it an orientation. Guide you on how to secure a job.

NOTE: I can only accommodate 1 person at a time (Female only so that my wife can be free in the house 😂).

2 weeks stay is the max, so save me the story later. Within your 2 weeks stay you need to arrange your own accommodation.

Totally FREE!!!

I will be coming to Sydney in June but I am male😭 can another arrangement be made for me. I have no where to stay 🙏
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 4:34pm On May 21, 2023
lomaxx:

Doha has the best transit experience (for me, so far). No payments or anything so far as you remain in the transit area. When you get to Doha, identify the boarding gate to Melbourne for the next flight. If you have time, there is lots of things to either buy or eat in the transit area. My last flight was Lagos-Doha-Melbourne-Sydney. I'm sure you'll find it fun.

What currency can one use for transactions, also can one have a bathe for a 20 hours layover
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 4:35pm On May 21, 2023
lomaxx:
Please has anyone received grant for subsequent entrant (subclass 500) recently? I’d like to know the timeline from application to grant, if possible. Thank you

March applicants are still waiting till now. I don't know anyone in February
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gr8femfred: 6:02pm On May 21, 2023
Good day my people,
Please can I apply for school admission this year?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ziocplc01: 7:48pm On May 21, 2023
Softkey:
If he can secure you a Master by research program instead of course work then it’s a great deal and it worths every bit of the application fee.

Master by research in most cases comes with Full or better Scholarship offer. Also this gives you additional point toward you PR.

PTE/IELTS may be part of the school requirements for Master by research.

Just confirm he’s been truthful and make your decision.

thank you very much, I appreciate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ziocplc01: 7:49pm On May 21, 2023
Maranatha5:

Aren't you meant to have a supervisor for masters by research or he's going to find one for you as well? Why didn't he apply for it straight away without going through the hassle of masters by coursework. Be sure he's not trying to rip you off with another application fee.

A lot of people have applied for visa without IELTS, unless it's a new rule I'm not aware of. If your school offered admission without ielts, you can as well apply for visa without it. I used IELTS for mine because I had it, I also know people who did without IELTS
Thank you very much, I will make my findings and decide
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 9:28pm On May 21, 2023
Maranatha5:

What currency can one use for transactions, also can one have a bathe for a 20 hours layover

If you have a dollar card, you can make transactions in usd. Not sure naira Mastercards will work. Better still, change naira to usd (cash) at MM1 before you board. I think it’s generally better generally to change all naira to usd before traveling at MM1. Not sure you’d be able to make that swap once you take off.

There are lounges at Doha, if you need some time off. Careful not to sleep off though so you don’t miss the next flight.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 5:05am On May 22, 2023
faval:
Have you done your medical?

Yeah
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 5:11am On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

thanks for the tips..God bless you, I will take that route.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 10:47am On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

If you have a dollar card, you can make transactions in usd. Not sure naira Mastercards will work. Better still, change naira to usd (cash) at MM1 before you board. I think it’s generally better generally to change all naira to usd before traveling at MM1. Not sure you’d be able to make that swap once you take off.

There are lounges at Doha, if you need some time off. Careful not to sleep off though so you don’t miss the next flight.

Thanks a lot. Please do you know the kind of plug I will have access to on flight to charge my phone. I have 3 pin adapter I don't know if it's suitable as I don't plan to travel with power bank.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 12:07pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

I picked a seat from Lagos to Qatar, I wasn't giving the options to a pick a seat from Qatar to Melbourne, is that how it's done? am I doing it correctly ? Pls help

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ziocplc01: 1:13pm On May 22, 2023
Please someone should help me with any PTE examination center in Lagos here, on the island.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
gr8femfred:
Good day my people,
Please can I apply for school admission this year?

Yes, there are academic sessions generally in Australia; beginning/early, mid and late/end. Schools that run the three give preference to onshore students to enrol in Semester 3 (late/end) and sometimes it depends on the choice of course and campus location.

All the best in your pursuit

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
Ziocplc01:
Please someone should help me with any PTE examination center in Lagos here, on the island.

Kindly use google
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 1:34pm On May 22, 2023
Maranatha5:

Thanks a lot. Please do you know the kind of plug I will have access to on flight to charge my phone. I have 3 pin adapter I don't know if it's suitable as I don't plan to travel with power bank.

Your USB cord should do for you while you're on the plane. However, the charger's head is a bit different from what we have back home when you land. You might need to buy an adapter/extension box, depending on which you deem fit.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 2:35pm On May 22, 2023
I am trying to book a flight to Melbourne..

I saw Lagos - Qatar - Melbourne.

I was asked to pick a seat when booking and i picked seat15A, then proceeding to payment, it showed Lagos - Qatar seat 15A and Qatar to Melbourne no seat picked, I was surprised because I wasn't giving the options to pick another seat. Please what does this mean? Am I on the right track ? will they automatically give me seat when I land in Qatar to transit to Melbourne? Please i need your help before I buy the ticket. This is my first time .check attach picture

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emmyomo: 5:25pm On May 22, 2023
I received an email form my school congratulating me that I am now officially a student of the school. Telling me what I am likely to experience studying on campus, adding me to one of the campus communities. But I am yet to get feedback from embassy, my application is on the 8th week now (biometry and Medicals was 12th of April), and my start date is early July.
Plz house does the email has any significance to my visa application?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
Maranatha5:

You won’t need an adapter on the flight. A USB cable is okay. The in-flight entertainment system has a USB port which can be used for charging after take-off.

You may wish to get an adapter for your other needs in Australia. Cheaper to buy in Nigeria but the cost differential is almost insignificant.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 7:56pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:

I picked a seat from Lagos to Qatar, I wasn't giving the options to a pick a seat from Qatar to Melbourne, is that how it's done? am I doing it correctly ? Pls help

You will definitely get a seat at check-in. You can talk to the airline staff about preferred seat options (aisle or window) when you’re checking in (if those options are still available). But you’d definitely get a seat.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 8:03pm On May 22, 2023
emmyomo:
I received an email form my school congratulating me that I am now officially a student of the school. Telling me what I am likely to experience studying on campus, adding me to one of the campus communities. But I am yet to get feedback from embassy, my application is on the 8th week now (biometry and Medicals was 12th of April), and my start date is early July.
Plz house does the email has any significance to my visa application?

Not sure the email has any significance to visa application. I guess the school wants to bring you up to speed before you resume which is pretty standard.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
I can still do all mentioned for you without accommodation.
faval:

I will be coming to Sydney in June but I am male😭 can another arrangement be made for me. I have no where to stay 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.