Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? (799 Views)

Couples Who Married Via Zoom Speak (Photos) / This Picture Should Serve As A Warning To Everyone On Earth / How Girls Eat On A Date Vs How They Eat At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by omerta07(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2017
So I have noticed a disturbing trend. I manage a well established eatery/restaurant in the heart of Port Harcourt and once a while, I come to the lobby area to observe my customers.
I notice that most times, when couples come to eat, the man takes his sit and makes himself comfortable while the woman runs around, makes the order and carries the food to the man. Mind you, we don't have waiters who you can call to place orders, you go to the counter yourself. Well, this may go down well for some men but personally I find it disturbing.
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by dingbang(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2017
Then employ waiters for Christ sake!

3 Likes

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Tolexander: 6:49pm On May 08, 2017
The woman of course!

Base on a societal norms and values, the woman should do the serving. That is one of the characteristics of a "wife material".

The man can do that at his own will. This is mostly done by men on the first date to act a "gentleman" role. That doesn't mean the lady should expect the continuity of such gesture.

But men, if you don't have enough dole with you and you don't know the kinda lady on a date with you, abeg you in the name of your best cloth, order for the food and serve the lady o. So that you won't have to deposit your phone as collateral after the lady has ordered more than what you have in your pocket

2 Likes

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by doublewisdom: 6:51pm On May 08, 2017
The party who's not paying should do the running around.

1 Like

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by omerta07(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2017
dingbang:
Then employ waiters for Christ sake!

Sorry we do not employ waiters.
In quick service restaurants, the norm is to go to the counter, make your choice and place your orders.
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by dsmooth1(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2017
d man should do the needfull,, na fast food resturant nt dia houz

2 Likes

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by omerta07(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
The woman of course!

Base on a societal norms and values, the woman should do the serving. That is one of the characteristics of a "wife material".

The man can do that at his own will. This is mostly done by men on the first date to act a "gentleman" role. That doesn't mean the lady should expect the continuity of such gesture.

But men, if you don't have enough dole with you and you don't know the kinda lady on a date with you, abeg you in the name of your best cloth, order for the food and serve the lady o. So that you won't have to deposit your phone as collateral after the lady has ordered more than what you have in your pocket

Ok, now your referring to people in a relationship. For couples nko? married oh...
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:10pm On May 08, 2017
Let me read comments
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Kondomatic(m): 7:33pm On May 08, 2017
I have taken few ladies to restaurants and I ordered and served. I do same thing at home, my girlfriend is a guest in my house so I cook and serve her but this will change when I marry. By then it will be let the cook serve. I will serve if I cook and she will serve when she cook.

1 Like

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by xynerise: 7:36pm On May 08, 2017
A gentleman knows what to do
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Tolexander: 8:59pm On May 08, 2017
omerta07:

Ok, now your referring to people in a relationship. For couples nko? married oh...
For couples, it is the responsibility of the wife if she is not caring the baby!
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 08, 2017
Get waiters and waitresses or continue to be disturbed.

1 Like

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by simplyhonest(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2017
I feel any of them can serve... besides, every relationship is different.
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by omerta07(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2017
Raine80:
Get waiters and waitresses or continue to be disturbed.

Again, we do not employ waiters.
In quick service restaurants, the norm is to go to the counter, make your choice and place your orders.
wink
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by theSpark(m): 9:25pm On May 08, 2017
Whoever is paying should run around. Except if they married then the wife does
Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by bibijay123(f): 10:50pm On May 08, 2017
They should both walk to the counter and place their order.# problem solved cheesy

1 Like

Re: Between Couples, Who Should Serve Each Other When They Eat Out? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=omerta07 post=56333952]

Again, we do not employ waiters.
wink

[/quote
Then if some women want to serve their husbands what can you do but only look and be disturbed by what you see. Which will then motivate you to come here and express how disturbing everything is to you.

(1) (Reply)

Challenging Bad Ideas: Introverts In A Loud Nigerian Society. / 20 Funny Quotes By Robert Mugabe About Relationships You Haven’t Yet Seen / Ok. Lets See Those That Love Their Mate ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.