Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? (2313 Views)

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / Please Where Have I Gotten It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by Funjosh(m): 11:38am On May 09, 2017
PLEASE HOW MUCH ARE THEY SELLING CD NOW
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by yvelchstores(f): 12:12pm On May 09, 2017
OP,Pls hear me out ,so long you are sure the baby is yours, tell your mother. If you don't want to marry her you can still take care of that boy. Explain to the lady. She should move on and marry the man after the baby is born, your mum will take care of him. the mum can visit when ever she wants. The guy that wants to marry her is interested in her and not your child. he will treat the child like follow come baggage. You can marry when ever u want but tell whom ever you are marrying about your first child. Take ownership of the baby. Tell them to hold their marriage plans till baby is born. Carry baby, give your mum and send allowance regularly. God bless u
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by Viking007(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2017
Funjosh:
PLEASE HOW MUCH ARE THEY SELLING CD NOW
1500, except You prefer fairly used?
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by yvesboss(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2017
My Man, Just do it.

Marry the Lady, settle down, raise the kid, and keep yourself happy.

In about 3 years, you will come to realization that the thought you were having was really unwise.

Thank your star you have a lady ready to support you.
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by Babamide(m): 2:17pm On May 09, 2017
U have no feelings whatsoever for the girl. Both of u were just having sex. There is a 50% chance the pregnancy is not yours because I don't believe any Nigerian guy would accept another man's pregnancy, well except if the other guy is impotent.
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by Funjosh(m): 2:33pm On May 09, 2017
Viking007:
1500, except You prefer fairly used?

Even fairly use will save him all these stress self. undecided
Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by StevensJojo(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2017
Ahijo1990:
I'm a troubled soul.

Here's my story in a concise form.

I am 27, working graduate and dating a 27 year old working graduate too. 5 months into our relationship, my girlfriend became pregnant.

She expected that I come see her people ASAP as they will lose their heads on finding out. But I'm not just ready to settle down yet... at least not until the next 2-3 years or so.

Meanwhile she has someone disturbing her ever since we started dating. The guy claims to be madly in love with her as he wants marriage according to him. Now my girl told him it can't work based on her condition and he still persisted he doesn't mind and will marry her and take care of the baby as his'.

I swore to my girl that I will never be alive and see my child growing up to think another man is its father; so she said she will have to terminate the pregnancy. After some thought, I felt guilty at the prospects of the baby losing the chance to live because of my ego and strong-headiness. So I asked her to keep the baby but I will be in its life and she agreed. But the baby will grow in the foster parent's house.

Baby will be due in January 2018 and the new guy is planning to settle down with her. I haven't told my Parents and don't think I will because they won't take it lightly as I am the only son plus my mom has been pushing me to settle down since but I don't want to rush into marriage as I will definitely rush out frustrated if I marry when I'm not yet ready to do so.

I just feel like I failed my unborn child already by denying it the opportunity to grow up properly under its father's tutelage. I really wanted to be 100% involved in any of my child's life and early development moreso my first child.

My girl said she's ready to wait till anytime I'm ready but she's a woman with a biological time ticking down furiously. I wouldn't want to waste her time really so I advised her to give the new guy a chance and eventually she will grow to love him.

Nowadays, I walk around feeling like the world is hanging on my shoulders. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Any mature advice will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I dont think you want to be with a woman who is so willing to casually choose between you and another man.
What Nigerian guy will be willing to get married to a woman pregnant for another man?
What self-respecting woman sleeps with two different men without protection?
Don't let anyone force you into marriage.
From your write-up,i deduce that you need to involve older people so she does not stop you from having a relationship with the child when the baby is born.
What a schemer!
Marry her and watch her turn your life upside down.Then do a DNA test when the baby is born to ensure it's yours.
Once ascertained give the child all the love and attention in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by eyinjuege: 6:58pm On May 09, 2017
yvelchstores:
OP,Pls hear me out ,so long you are sure the baby is yours, tell your mother. If you don't want to marry her you can still take care of that boy. Explain to the lady. She should move on and marry the man after the baby is born, your mum will take care of him. the mum can visit when ever she wants. The guy that wants to marry her is interested in her and not your child. he will treat the child like follow come baggage. You can marry when ever u want but tell whom ever you are marrying about your first child. Take ownership of the baby. Tell them to hold their marriage plans till baby is born. Carry baby, give your mum and send allowance regularly. God bless u

Why do you naturally assume the woman in question wouldn't want to raise her child herself?
Why do you also equally assume the grandma is ready to be a mother all over again?
The best person to raise a child are the parents except for certain cases where they're violent, drug addicts or cases where the child would be at risk.
They can be co parents to the child.
Once the child is old enough like 2 or 3, he can be spending the weekends with his father and the family.
Anyway, I hope they do the right thing for that child

2 Likes

Re: Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
@Ahijo1990

Some men r just FOOL...

In your Mind u think a TYPICAL Nigeria man will accept such from a woman?

Get the man # from ur spouse...Or go look him up on FB ..and talk to him man to man..

You're Building up a big future problem u dont know..

Here is my advice..

If eventually ur the father ..Tell that girl u will accept the child and give to your mom..then watch the whole story change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Warning ⚠️. Always Check Inside Your Kettle Before You Boil Water. / Please How Can I Fade This Scar From Appendicitis Surgery Below My..(pic.ins.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.