Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Bukky Alakara - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bukky Alakara (288667 Views)

Bukky Alakara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukky Alakara by Missnande(f): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
rawgurl:

u are funny grin
Your signature baffles me.
Re: Bukky Alakara by Akinwale14(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
Shewrites weldon jare,i want to unfollow this story,pls inform me wen u complt it u hear pls dont forget o thank u.
Re: Bukky Alakara by chara019: 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
This Bukky girl is a big beans....why will she be moaning and be saying" stop".,what is wrong with forcefully pushing the sex- starved beans of a boy,read the update again and I seriously feel like slapping her,after he don finish...you go come dey run,mallam....mtceeeew.
Re: Bukky Alakara by crislyn(f): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
chara019:
This Bukky girl is a big beans....why will she be moaning and be saying" stop".,what is wrong with forcefully pushing the sex- starved beans of a boy,read the update again and I seriously feel like slapping her,after he don finish...you go come dey run,mallam....mtceeeew.
Don't mind her...i don't even want to curse her if not it will just follow her forever.Lol
Re: Bukky Alakara by Jane1234f(f): 12:02am On Jun 08, 2017
rawgurl:

u are funny grin
that boy dey vex me
Re: Bukky Alakara by Chickychic(f): 1:39am On Jun 08, 2017
Following. Interesting.
Re: Bukky Alakara by chara019: 5:42am On Jun 08, 2017
crislyn:

Don't mind her...i don't even want to curse her if not it will just follow her forever.Lol
lol
Re: Bukky Alakara by HolyMalaam: 6:13am On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=crislyn post=57300150]
Re: Bukky Alakara by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:04am On Jun 08, 2017
The both of them are in it together. She wanted to fight him but the feelings in her made her weak And you all still blame only Gbenga? Na una type no dey take responsibility for una wrongs. Absolute balderdash! OSHI BURUKU.

BTW, BUKKY's illiteracy is not the bane of this. It is her naivety and it is really killing her. Consider where she grew up and the fact that Gbenga was ('was' because they are totally done now) her first - she's bound to be stupid. That tells us that though she's good at other aspects, she is still very much green in this field. But, but - isn't experience the best tutor?

And for those girls abusing her for being stupid, una own go pass like this that time - if you'll be sincere of course.

NOW, shewrites, you write as if to tell us that Gbenga loves Bukky and he obviously doesn't. That needs to change.

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by marvwhite: 9:08am On Jun 08, 2017
mehn! Bukky na on kind small mumu o

keep the good work ma'am
#fromYourBiggestFan
Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2017
Something keep telling me Gbemiga wil break her heart
Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Something keep telling me Gbemiga wil break her heart But Issokay Make We See Wetin Go Happen Sha
Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2017
SheWrites:
My beautiful people. Thank u for reading and commenting *winks*

I am glad that we are all picking a lesson or two from this story.

Updates resumes tomorrow before dinner time.

Love yah *hugs*
Nice Writeup Sis Plz Let Me Knw When U Update Plz
Re: Bukky Alakara by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Something keep telling me Gbemiga wil break her heart But Issokay Make We See Wetin Go Happen Sha
SEE what I meant when I said some girls are worse than our heroine. SO, you are still waiting for what will happen
Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

SEE what I meant when I said some girls are worse than our heroine. SO, you are still waiting for what will happen
Of Coz Nd Wait Is That Suppose To Be An Insult
Re: Bukky Alakara by bimberry1307(f): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
The both of them are in it together. She wanted to fight him but the feelings in her made her weak And you all still blame only Gbenga? Na una type no dey take responsibility for una wrongs. Absolute balderdash! OSHI BURUKU.

BTW, BUKKY's illiteracy is not the bane of this. It is her naivety and it is really killing her. Consider where she grew up and the fact that Gbenga was ('was' because they are totally done now) her first - she's bound to be stupid. That tells us that though she's good at other aspects, she is still very much green in this field. But, but - isn't experience the best tutor?

And for those girls abusing her for being stupid, una own go pass like this that time - if you'll be sincere of course.

NOW, shewrites, you write as if to tell us that Gbenga loves Bukky and he obviously doesn't. That needs to change.
you nailed it. But don't you think Gbemiga already had it planned out by putting on condom even before sighting the girl?

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Of Coz Nd Wait Is That Suppose To Be An Insult
NO OH! For what na Keep waiting. By the time he sleeps with her up to 6 or 7 times, you'll know what's next.
Re: Bukky Alakara by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2017
bimberry1307:

you nailed it. But don't you think Gbemiga already had it planned out by putting on condom even before sighting the girl?
Yeah, sure, he had. But she aided him, you see. She shouldn't have let him even touch her. She just doesn't learn. This makes it the 2nd success in 3 or 4 attempts.
Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

NO OH! For what na Keep waiting. By the time he sleeps with her up to 6 or 7 times, you'll know what's next.
Ohk
Re: Bukky Alakara by iamnicer: 10:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Bukky no get functional Brains , she's just a sex object to that boy ,
Re: Bukky Alakara by skedy1(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2017
SheWrites:
My beautiful people. Thank u for reading and commenting *winks*

I am glad that we are all picking a lesson or two from this story.

Updates resumes tomorrow before dinner time.

Love yah *hugs*

Pls help me copy the chapters in page 9 into page 10. My page 9 refused to open up. Can't afford to miss a word in this story.

Thanks...
Re: Bukky Alakara by queenitee(f): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Ahn ahn, you talking as if you are the author. Remember shewrites can decide to change the story and it would still be inline with the plot. Plus everyone is learning one thing or the other and contributing. So if your idea doesn't go with that of others, politely try to convince others or make yours known. You don't have to insult, cos I read your comment up there about those abusing Gbenga and leaving Bukky out of it. I agree with you that It's partially Bukky's fault but you should remember she's naive. And instead of insulting, you should make your point clear in a way that others would be convinced and not insulted. We shouldn't start insulting ourselves cos of a story

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by crazo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
this was bukkys fault abeg, if you know someone is toxic, you run away from such people, its like a wifebeater, he beats you the first time, apologizes and you believe, best believe you'll have more beatings in the future. he had sex without her consent buh she permitted the setting, if she didn't want she wouldn't have stayed with him at a lonely place, and the fact that she's his first doesn't mean she should be stupid abeg

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by ololadeking(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
rawgurl:

u are funny grin
rawgurl pls I have a important message for you +2348143918267 contact me on Whatsapp asap,thanks
Re: Bukky Alakara by Favour222(f): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
hmmmm.....,i dont even know who 2 insult,whether Gbemiga or Bukky so lemme just wait nd seee
Re: Bukky Alakara by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
queenitee:

Ahn ahn, you talking as if you are the author. Remember shewrites can decide to change the story and it would still be inline with the plot. Plus everyone is learning one thing or the other and contributing. So if your idea doesn't go with that of others, politely try to convince others or make yours known. You don't have to insult, cos I read your comment up there about those abusing Gbenga and leaving Bukky out of it. I agree with you that It's partially Bukky's fault but you should remember she's naive. And instead of insulting, you should make your point clear in a way that others would be convinced and not insulted. We shouldn't start insulting ourselves cos of a story
OK.
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
skedy1:

Pls help me copy the chapters in page 9 into page 10. My page 9 refused to open up. Can't afford to miss a word in this story.

Thanks...

Go to my facebook page and read it there. www.facebook.com/serahiyare.stories
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Chike walked down the street. He thought of taking a cold shower once he got home. It had been a tiring day at school. The second semester had just begun and the lecturers were already intimidating them with stressful assignments and group projects. He was running out of funds and might need to ask his parents or his elder brother for financial assistance. Preferably the latter. His parents were taking care of his younger siblings and most times, he didn’t like disturbing them. They were four in number, three boys and a girl. His elder brother was working for his uncle while he awaited his call off letter and he had been very supportive. His younger brother was in his second year, and his younger sister was in her first year. They were both in Imo State University. His younger sister, the last child of his parents, was the age mate of Bukky. If they met, he believed that they would become good friends.
He brought out his phone from his pocket and dialed his elder brother’s number. It rang for a while.

“Hello...”

“Hello bros.”

“Chike, how now?”

“I dey bros.”

“How Lag? How school?”

“Lag dey there. Na school matter make me call sef.”

“I no get money like that.”

“Ah bros. Abeg o. Nothing is too small.”

“I just got my call up letter yesterday and I need to prepare for camp.”

Eyes brightened, “Where are you posted?”

“Abuja.”

“Wow!”

“I need all the money I can lay my hands on.”

“Congrats.”

“Thanks. I will try and send you something before weekend.”

Sighed in relief, “Thanks bros.”

“Hope you are coming home for the long hols.”

“I think so.”

“Don’t think. Come home. You can replace me at uncle’s place and earn some cash this summer before returning to school.”

“That’s true o.”

“You know dad and mum already have their hands full.”

Nodded, “Yes, I know. I rarely ask them for anything these days.”

“Anyhow, man pikin go survive.”

“Yes o.”

“Later now.”

“Yeah, thanks bros.”

“Okay.”

The line went dead. He slipped the phone back into his pocket.

“Fine boy.”

He heard the voice. He recognized it and broke into a smile. He knew exactly who it was. He kept on walking, but, he slowed his pace.

“Fine boy stop there!”

He started to laugh and glanced back. He saw her sauntering towards him. Straight jeans, white tube blouse, black cap-sleeve jacket, and a pink knapsack strapped to her left shoulder. Her pink gladiator sandals had silver sequins spread around it, giving it a unique look. Her smooth black hair was packed behind her neck in a pony-tail. It looked retouched. She looked fresh and pretty, like the flowers on the screen saver of his laptop. His dark brown eyes grew warm, lingering over her with intensity.

She caught up with him, “You! I haven’t been seeing you at my shed. You just disappeared. Have you found another akara seller,” she placed her hands on her curvy hips.

He gave a shake of head and grinned. They fell into steps and walked homewards.

“I leave for school earlier than usual these days.”

“Oh…”

“How are you preparing for your Common Entrance Examinations?”

She paled, “I am scared to the bones.”

He glanced at her, “Hey…” he placed a hand around her shoulder, “You know I am here for you.”

She sighed heavily and nodded.

“I will assist you in every way I can, okay?”

She met his kind eyes, “Okay.”

He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. “Has your boyfriend gone back to school?”

She turned her head, “Yes.”

Her emotionless voice got to him, “Have you guys reconciled?”

“Yes,” her tone was flat.

He looked worried, “You sound like both of you are still fighting.”

She heaved a tired sigh. She didn’t see her boyfriend the day he returned to school. She practically avoided him since the night he had his way with her at the back of the kitchen. She barred his number on her phone so that he wouldn’t be able to reach her. She didn’t want to communicate with him until he returned home for the long holiday. Then, they would decide whether to kill the relationship and move on or rescue it before it disintegrate into nothingness. She didn’t want a secret relationship. She didn’t want a relationship based on only physical intimacy. They hardly talk. Every time they were alone, things got complicated. Maybe she wasn’t ready for a relationship or was she asking for too much?

“Bukky…” he noticed her distracted look, “Bukky…”

“Hmm…” she turned to look at him.

“A penny for your thoughts.”

“What about a dollar?” she grinned from ear to ear.

“See thief,” he eyed her.

She started to laugh.

“I am going home for the long holiday.”

“Owerri.”

“Yes. My elder brother has just gotten his call up letter and I am going to replace him at my uncle’s firm.”

“Oh… okay. Where was he posted?”

“Abuja.”

“Wow! He is lucky.”

“Yea. Next year, I hope to do my industrial training at Chevron, Mobil…”

“Shell or Texaco,” Bukky chimed in.

“Exactly,” he winked at her.

“I will miss you.”

“Same here. Anyway, I am not going anywhere until we celebrate our birthdays together. I am going to borrow you from your boyfriend.”

She chuckled, “He will fight you.”

“Let him try. I will finish him,” he boasted.

“We shall see,” she halted in front of her house.

“I will create time so that I can revise your notes with you before your examination.”

Her eyes shone with joy, “I will really love that.”

“What are friends for?” he smiled at her.

“Thanks.”

“You must repay me with bean cake for a whole week.”

“See thief,” she eyed him.

He started to laugh, “The bible says he that does not work should not eat.”

She hissed, “You are not serious.”

“I am,” he rubbed his belly, “I am so hungry.”

“Pele…”

“Later now,” he backed away.

“Yea… later.”

“I will call you.”

“Okay.”

He waved and headed off in the opposite direction. She stood there, watching him, till he faded. She sighed, turned around and went into the building. She thanked God for sending her a really good friend. What was she going to do without him?

6 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Bukky instructed her sales girls on how to sell the bean cake, bread and corn pap. She had just increased the prices of her wares and her customers were already complaining. It wasn’t her fault. Everyone knew how hard things had become in the country. Everything from foodstuff to social amenities had gone up. At times, she wondered how people were coping. Taking her compound for example, she noticed that most families barely ate thrice a day. Breakfast and dinner had become the order of the day. Many avoided coming to the kitchen because they did not want others to know what they were cooking. The landlady warned her tenants that anyone caught cooking in their rooms would be sent packing, but, people paid no attention to her.

She hoped that the situation of things in the country would change for better soonest. The masses were suffering while a few people squandered the nation’s wealth. She wished super heroes like Superman and Captain American were really in existence. The country needed to be rescued from the fangs of greedy and selfish people who think of themselves and loath the common man.
She did a quick estimate of how much she might earn that day and left her sales girls in charge. She wasn’t going to be around. She was taking her examinations that morning at the Adult Education Centre. If she passed, she would be issued her First School Leaving Certificate. If she failed, she would be asked to retake the examinations over and over again, until she passed it. Initially she had been afraid, but, after series of study section with Chike, she became confident. She was sure that she was going to pass. She had also prayed and asked God for success. Although she was nervous, she believed that everything would work out for her own good.

xxxxxx

Gbemiga called his girlfriend’s number again and again, but, he couldn’t reach her. He was beginning to suspect that she probably blocked his line. Why did she do something like that? Was it because they slept together? At least, he didn’t force himself on her. She gave him access. What did she expect? They were not made of wood. They had emotions and desires. The thought that she had actually barred his number on her phone infuriated him. He threw his phone on the bed and leaned against the wall.

He loved the girl. He craved for her in such insatiable way each time he was alone with her. She was like a drug he was addicted to. The God that made the rules that unmarried people should avoid sleeping with one another would definitely understand that it was a near-impossible task.

He hoped his girlfriend would come around soon. He was finding it hard to resist the advances of girls in his class and those that live in his hostel building. If Bukky kept giving him a hard time, he might eventually turn to these girls for sexual satisfaction. After all, they were around him almost every day, while his girlfriend avoided him most time during the holidays.

There were times he wondered why he asked her out in the first place. The initial feelings he had for her were beginning to wear off. Come to think of it, does he really love her? Or was he just driven by the fact that she wasn’t an easy prey like the girls he was used to?

xxxxxx

Bukky returned home tired and hungry. She met her aunt’s absence. The woman sent her a text earlier that she had an occasion to attend and might not return home until the next day. She had her bath and changed into a white sleeveless knitted blouse and a pair of blue knee length shorts. She prepared a meal of plantain flour, popularly called amala, and ewedu soup with meat stew. She settled on the carpet floor, in front of the flat screen television and ate with relish. She finished the meal in a matter of minutes, set the plates aside, washed her hands and returned to her position in front of the television. It’s been a while since she had the television all to herself. Whenever her aunt was around, the woman colonized the T.V set.

She heard the knocks on the door and groaned. She got up and dragged her feet to the front door. She turned the key and opened the door. She gasped in surprise when she found her friend by the doorway.

“Hello stranger,” he smiled at her.

“Chike…”

“Where have you been?” he walked into the room,

She scratched a spot on her head and closed the door.

“Every time I come to your shed, I meet your sales girls,” he sat on the plastic chair adjacent to the television.

Bukky returned to her spot in front of the television, “I had exams.”

“Oh…” he searched her face, “I didn’t know that you have started.”

“Four papers to go.”

“Nice, my second semester examination is starting next week.”

She met his gaze, “Good luck.”

“Thanks. How has the examination been?”

She shrugged, “More or less like what we have been taught and drilled with for months.”

“Okay,” his eyes remained on her face.

“I believe that I am going to pass. God owes me a birthday gift.”

“Oh really? See levels,” her confidence gladdened his heart. He had been a bit worried about her.

She laughed lightly and returned her attention to the T.V screen.

“You and Zee World,” he eyed the T.V set.

“I use it to relax,” she defended her actions.

He rolled his eyes.

“You and Sports channel,” she turned to look at him.

“It is better than all these fictional pretentious non-existence love portrayed on Televista, Telemundo, Zee World and what not.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Have you called your boyfriend and wished him luck in his examinations?”

She blinked and turned her head. She didn’t want to talk about Gbemiga. She had a lot of things to iron out with him when he returned home for the long holiday.

“Bukky…”

“Hmm…” she looked up at him.

“What is it?” he sensed that something was bothering her.

She shook her head.

He got up and came to sit by her side, “Bukky…”

“Chike, I am not in the mood.”

“You know that you can always talk to me,” he observed her pale face.

“I am fine. He is fine. We are fine.”

He raised an eyebrow. Doubt clouded his face. “Bukky…”

She hissed, got up and went to the bed. She lay down, hoping that he would get the message and leave.

“Bukky…” he got up and came to sit by her side.

“Chike go away!” she lashed out at him and turned on her side, facing the wall, “I said I am not in the mood.”

He stared at the back of her head, sighed heavily and got up. He found his way out of the room and shut the door.

xxxxxx

Bukky stood with a group people in front of the notice board. She scanned the white sheet listed with names of students who wrote the Common Entrance examination. She found her name and saw the bolded letters beside it ‘PASSED’. She screamed with joy and pulled away from the crowd. God had answered her prayers. He had just given her an early birthday gift. She looked up and stared at the blue sky, face brightened with joy. Her dream of getting educated was unfolding in leaps and bounds.
She pulled her phone out of her jeans pocket and called her mother. The woman was excited and impressed that her daughter was leaving the illiterate class. Soon she would be able to boast and tell all who cared to listen that her daughter was now educated.
She thought of calling Chike, but, wasn’t sure if he would pick her call. It had been a while since he came to her shed. She had a feeling that he might be upset at the way she treated him the last time he visited. She heard from students in the area that the second semester examination had already started. Maybe he was probably busy studying.

She missed his company. She hoped that he wasn’t angry with her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukky Alakara by queenitee(f): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
What is Gbemiga thinking self? Chike too. Aunty Bukky is like you are having a sense small small now

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by crislyn(f): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
queenitee:
What is Gbemiga thinking self? Chike too. Aunty Bukky is like you are having a sense small small now
Gbemi is thinking what I've been thinking...he doesn't love the poor girl, he was infatuated. Bukky never still get sense, if not the only thing she'd be thinking of is breaking up with the randy boy.

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
queenitee:
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (42) (Reply)

Memo Of A Male Sex Addict / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / The Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.