Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Bukky Alakara - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bukky Alakara (288382 Views)

Bukky Alakara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukky Alakara by sweetdude001(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
Jsaviour:
There is a saying that you can only know who a man actually is when he has money. Chike has shown that even with the money he still loves a village and illiterate bukky. Gbemiga is a no no, a guy who feels comfortable collecting money from a lady needs to be examined. If there is anybody who should be given a thumb up, it should be chike. Team chikebukky.
Ion when collecting money from a lady became a problem, late MKO Abiola collected money from his den girlfriend Simbiat. Pls get rid of that mindset. You can't help ur bf with money if u r in a position to do dat, maybe you should be examined.

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
Gbemiga, please let Bukky be. You made your choice so you have to bear the 'consequences' Good job Shewrites.
Re: Bukky Alakara by sholaypompon(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
The way this story is going ehn,, Make e no come be tragedy o... Gbemiga is hell bent on having it his way and if Bukky is not very careful, she may end up becoming a single mum... Nice one though
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Bukky got down from the motorcycle and paid the bike driver. She closed her hand bag and walked into the compound through the opened gate. It was three days to Christmas. Three was no sign of her fiancé and she wasn’t even sure if he would be coming to Lagos for the holidays. She missed him so much. It would be terrible if she ended up alone during the festive season. Maybe she might visit her aunt, play with the twins, spend a weekend with her parents in Ikorodu, then join her elder sister on the Island with her friends. Or maybe she might visit her in-laws in Owerri or fly down to Jos and surprise her fiancé. She fished for her keys in the bag and strode into the building.

Chike where are you?

She made her way to her doorstep and froze when she got close. There was someone standing by the door. He had on a pair of blue jeans and white body hugging short-sleeve tee-shirt. He looked exactly like Chike, but, the person had on a pair of dark fashionable glasses. She wasn’t sure if he was really her fiancé.

“Chike…” she narrowed her eyes.

The person smiled and removed the dark glasses.

“Chike!” it was her fiancé.

“My love…” he beamed.

She leapt towards him and flew into his arms.

“Hey… you have added weight again,” he staggered a bit.

She started to laugh.

“That doesn’t mean I can’t carry you,” he lifted her up in his arms.

She squealed in excitement, “Put me down, biko, Iron man, Captain America.”

“I am practicing for our wedding day.”

She giggled and held unto him.

“Babe, I have seriously missed you,” he let her down gently.

“I missed you more.”

“Open your door, let’s go inside.”

She hurried to the door and unlocked it. They both went in. The room was dark. She shut the door and reached out for the light switch behind the door. The bulb in the middle of the room came on.

“My sweet baby. Come to daddy,” Chike stretched out his hands.

Bukky ran into his arms and held him tight.

“Hey… don’t suffocate me.”

She laughed lightly and held unto him. It felt so good being in his arms.

“I have missed you so much. Many times I almost got on a bus heading to Lagos.”

She raised her head and looked into his passionate eyes.

“I actually went to the bus park one morning and I almost bought a ticket. Na so love dey shack person?”

She smiled and just stared at him.

“Assuming the oil company I work for came up with an excuse to keep us in Jos, I told myself that I will buy a ticket straight to Lagos and damn
the consequences.”

She sighed, “Is it that bad?”

“Those people are workaholics. Be it a Corper or a full time staff, we were all given the same duties and deadline.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Hope they are paying you all the same salary.”

He chuckled, “Don’t mind them. No salaries for corpers, but, the kind of allowance we are getting is triple what the federal government is paying.”

“Nice,” she grinned with relief.

“We also have welfare packages. We were given a furnished one-bedroom apartment each, we don’t pay electrical, water or security bills. We eat free food at a restaurant, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have unlimited access to the internet, weekly airtime vouchers, we are living like kings.”

“I am impressed, no wonder you don’t want to come home,” she eyed him.

“Hey, baby, not so. With all these freebies, they are using us like Jackals. We resume at six each day and close no later than ten.”

Eyes widened, “What?”

“Anyhow, here I am, home with my baby,” he drew her closer.

“I am so happy to see you.”

“I am thrilled to see you. Where did you go? I have been waiting out there for more than twenty minutes.”

“Why didn’t you call?”

He grinned, “I wanted to surprise you.”

“You did. When I saw you, I was like… oh my God!”

He laughed, leaned forward and planted a kiss on her lips. She responded, matching his intensity, fire for fire.

“Okay, okay,” he pulled away quickly, “That’s enough. Let’s don’t start what we can’t finish,” he led her to the settee, “So, tell me, what’s being going on?”

“I kind of passed my waec.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Kind of?”

“I have five ‘D’s and three ‘E’s.”

His dark brown eyes grew big.

“My tutors at the lecture center say that I will need to prepare for the GCE next year. They said I need to put in a lot of effort in order to pass the examinations. They said I need a total of six ‘C’s in relevant subjects in order to be able to take JAMB and get admitted into the University.”

He swallowed hard and nodded.

“Say something,” she looked into his eyes.

He reached out for her hands, “For someone who didn’t see the four walls of a Primary or Secondary school, you’ve done quite well. In less than three years, you have been able to acquire your First School Leaving Certificate and your Junior Secondary School Certificate. I am impressed.”

She sighed with relief. She had been terrified that he might see her as a failure.

“I believe that you will pass your GCE with flying colours next year. My baby is an intelligent girl.”

She blushed and dropped her gave.

He pecked her on the forehead, “Be at peace. Everything will work out for our good.”

“Thank you,” she raised her head, “Thank you for being by my side all through the years. You’ve been a very good friend.”

“Hmmm… friend abi? And I was dying in silence loving you, hoping that someday you will be mine, while you go about with Gbemiga claiming love.”

She giggled.

“This girl, you suffered me o.”

“Haba Chike.”

“Haba what? Do you know how many times I cried because of you?”

She blinked, “You? Cry?”

He eyed her, “Yes. Me, cried.”

“No way,” she observed his serious face.

“Yes way.”

She chuckled and stared at him long and hard.

“But, now that you are mine, nothing short of a nuclear warhead will take you away from me.”

She smiled broadly.

“I heard your ex-boyfriend graduated with a first class degree in Economics and Statistics.”

“What?”

“You didn’t know.”

She shook her head.

“I was far away in Jos and I heard. You are here in Lagos and you didn’t hear,” he seized her up.

“I have deleted him from my life. News of him are like viruses in my system. I am immune to it.”

He clapped his hands in excitement, “Hey… this babe don finish me. See lyrics. See how you take ICT finish your ex. I hail o,” he bowed comically.

“Stop it jor,” she punched him on the shoulder.

“Wetin you get for this house sef?” he looked around.

She scratched her head, “I have not cooked.”

He eyed her, “As in?”

“I have not gone to the market.”

“So, what have you been eating?” he looked her up and down, “See flesh everywhere.”

She crossed her arms against her chest, “I am not fat.”

“Keep deceiving yourself. I know you are way past size 10 by now.”

“No o!”

“See chest, see backside, see hands, see thighs, see everywhere. Your body has expanded in weight and mass.”

“I am a big 10.”

He hissed, “Please, just don’t turn shapeless, I have warned you.”

“Don’t worry, we don’t lose shape in my family.”

He sighed, “It is true. I have seen your mum and your elder sister. They are not fat, but, big in all the right places.”

“You see.”

He eyed her.

“Don’t worry love. I will stay in shape for you, before and after childbirth, I promise.”

“I hear you. What am I going to eat now?” he rubbed his tummy.

She bit at her lower lip, “Let’s eat out.”

“See your mouth. Oya let’s go, I am hungry.”

“Eureka!” she jumped to her feet and started to dance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
CHAPTER FORTY

Bukky sat on her neighbour’s car, outside the gate and watched a bunch of kids running around in circles, screaming and hitting one another on the head. It seemed they were playing a sort of game, but, a few of them were already getting irritable. She sensed a fight coming up.

“Hello…”

She turned her head and saw her ex-boyfriend standing by the car in a long sleeve tee-shirt and a pair of shorts. She groaned inwardly. What does he want now?

“Hi…” she turned her attention back to the kids. They were screaming insults at one another and a minor brawl had ensued.

“I got my call up letter a few days ago.”

She sighed heavily. She wasn’t interested in knowing anything about him.

“I was posted to Abuja,” he grinned with pride.

Bukky rolled her eyes. She was sure that his aunt worked the posting for him. She would definitely make sure that he served either in a Federal Government parastatal, or in a reputable firm. Good luck to him, she scoffed.

“I will be traveling next week, my aunt paid for a plane ticket for me, I will be…”

“Gbemiga please!”

His smile faded. Her countenance saddened him.

“For the love of God, leave me alone.”

He blinked, “I…I just wanted you to know.”

She shook her head, “I don’t want to know. We are not together anymore. Live your life and I will live mine.”

“But… but, we are friends.”

“No!” she jumped down from the car. She adjusted her pink sleeveless blouse.

His sad gaze ran over her. He liked the way the blue knee-length short outlined her hips and her backside was bigger than he remembered. The thought of grabbing and squeezing it consumed his mind.

“Look, I told you once before. I don’t want to be your friend.”

“Why?”

“Stay away from me, I have warned you,” she walked back into the house. When she got to her door, she noticed that he was following her.

“Was wrong with you?” she stood akimbo.

“I miss you.”

She started to laugh.

“I made a mistake. I shouldn’t have broken up with you. I now realize that I should have stood my ground when my family was pressuring me to
break up with you.”

She clapped her hands together, “It is too late now. I will be getting married before this year runs out. I love Chike, I have completely gotten over you.”

“Bukky please,” he went on his knees. The thought of losing her suffocated him.

“Even if I wasn’t dating Chike, I will never, ever go back to you. You are like a pendulum bob, unstable, indecisive and easily manipulated. There
is no future with you.”

He shook his head vigorously and got up, “No, that’s not true.”

“Yes, it is. Gbemiga, it is over.”

“It doesn’t have to be. Give me another chance, let me prove to you…”

“There is nothing to prove!” she snapped.

He closed the gap between them, “Do you honestly want me to believe that you have indeed gotten over me?”

“Yes.”

“I was your first love; I was the man that deflowered you.”

She eyed him, “So?”

“Who gets over that?”

“I did. Deal with it,” she opened her door and walked in.

“Wait…” he stepped into her apartment before she could close the door.

“What is the meaning of this?” she glared at him, “Out!”

“Hear me out,” he pleaded.

“No! I am done talking to you.”

“Bukky… please…”

“If you don’t go, I will scream. Most of my neighbours are men, bachelors, they live in twos and threes. When they come out, they will beat you into a pulp and your family will find it hard to recognize you.”

“You won’t.”

“Dare me.”

Their gazes locked.

“E gba mi oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!”

Fear gripped him. He had seen how people in the area deal with thieves, rapists and the likes. No one bothered to confirm if what you were being accused of was true or false. The thought of been mobbed clouded his mind and he fled.

Bukky slammed her door and locked it. She heard her phone ringing. She hurried to the bed and picked it up.

“Hello…”

“Baby, where have you been? I have called thrice?”

The sound of his voice felt like a soothing balm to her fried nerves. “My love,” she sat on the bed.

“Why did you abandon your phone?”

“I was outside.”

“You should have taken your phone with you.”

“I miss you,” she lay back on the bed and propped her head with a pillow.

“I miss you more.”

“I miss you, miss you, miss you.”

He laughed, “You won’t have to anymore, I am almost home.”

She sat up quickly, “What?!”

“I am in a taxi conveying my bags and baggage.”

Her heart thudded loudly against her chest.

“Service year over baby.”

“Halleluyah!” she jumped to her feet. The thought of seeing him again flooded her mind.

“I can’t wait to see you girl. I need your sweet kisses like… like a drug.”

She bubbled with laughter and sat back on the bed.

“Girls over here tortured me ehn…”

“Seriously?”

“It was so bad that many of them sent me their nude pictures.”

“Enemies of progress!”

The sound of his laughter echoed in her ears.

“Serious temptation.”

“I can imagine.”

“If not for God ehn…if not for the love I have for you, babe, it is not easy.”

“I am glad that you were able to stand your ground,” she lay back on the bed.

“Now, we can finally get married.”

“I can’t wait,” she began to imagine how her wedding day would be.

“I don’t know if I will be retained in this company, but, anyhow, I have other offers from two oil companies. One here in Jos and another in Port
Harcourt.”

“Interesting.”

“I am almost a married man. I need to prepare to take care of my brand new family.”

She sighed in relief, “Wherever you are employed, I will re-start my bean cake business.”

“I will invest in your business. I have plans. We will design your shop and make it look like an eatery.”

“An eatery?”

“Yes, an eatery serving akara and bread, puff-puff, buns, corn pap, and whatever you can come up with.”

She smiled in excitement, “I like your plans.”

“I am home.”

“Where are you?” she sat up.

“I am outside my house. The taxi driver is helping me to move my bags into the apartment.”

Bukky hung up and ran out. She locked the door, and ran all the way to her fiance’s place. She found him waiting for her at the door.

“Chike! Chike!”

“My baby…” he stretched out his hands.

She flew into his arms.

“My love,” he held her tightly and closed his eyes.

“Please don’t ever me again.”

“Baby, I am not going anywhere.”

She raised her head and looked into his warm eyes.

“Where is my sweet kiss?”

She giggled and leaned forward. She tip-toed and planted a kiss on his lips.

12 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by Countrygirl(f): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Someone should please help me slap this Gbemi ,is it by force to date someone. This kind of disturbance irks me.
Even if she doesn't end up with chike ( shewrites forbid sha) , dating that guy is not a good idea.

Thanks for plenty updates

2 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by jummiepearl(f): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Which kind yeye love is he trying to win...gbemiga abeg don't come and pour sand inside bukky's garri ooo

Chibukky2017

3 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by gal10(f): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
Yeszzss ooo well-done shewrites
Re: Bukky Alakara by sholaypompon(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
This story is very captivating, but totally dread a bitter end to what is already looking glittering.. Men like Gbemiga can be mean and tenacious in plotting coup, they always give it all to have it their way.. Am really looking forward to how it ends
Re: Bukky Alakara by Rhayne(f): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
jummiepearl:
Which kind yeye love is he trying to win...gbemiga abeg don't come and pour sand inside bukky's garri ooo

Chibukky2017
In other news, Gbemiga is an EP! Enemy of progress..see him wishing he could squeeze Bukky's ass! Some guys tho
Re: Bukky Alakara by Favour222(f): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
Rhayne:

In other news, Gbemiga is an EP! Enemy of progress..see him wishing he could squeeze Bukky's ass! Some guys tho
no mind am,yeye dey worry am...Aunty shewrites,weldone jareee
Re: Bukky Alakara by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
Is gbenga having tetanus in his brain. What is all the nonsense abt now. I don't trust this boy oooo
Re: Bukky Alakara by jummiepearl(f): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
Rhayne:

Exactly
Re: Bukky Alakara by Favour222(f): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
sholaypompon:
This story is very captivating, but totally dread a bitter end to what is already looking glittering.. Men like Gbemiga can be mean and tenacious in plotting coup, they always give it all to have it their way.. Am really looking forward to how it ends
me too but if Gbemiga tries anytin ehn! God wil punish him
Re: Bukky Alakara by horlah1(f): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
hmm see true love.... mine went but never came back to me.. #happyforuguys#
Re: Bukky Alakara by herosakin777(m): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wow this is an interesting master piece more grace to u ma'am...... And yet Shewrites..........
Re: Bukky Alakara by huntsman007(m): 10:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
bukky u really need to tell Chike of dis gbemiga of a pest , for future occurences .

.#Tanks ma'am for d multiple update, It was satisfying.
Re: Bukky Alakara by huntsman007(m): 10:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Bukky Alakara by Typicool8(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nice story so far
Re: Bukky Alakara by Deegeorge(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lol i smell a shocker... Ds chike is too good to b true... Lol if na nollywood.. Gbemiga go send hire kila go kil chike so bukky wud b left wt no oda option dn to com bk to hm.. Bt she write biko ur head dy dre... As in you are wonderful !

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by peaceakiat: 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
The story is very captivating so young ladies watchout. And is also inspiring
Re: Bukky Alakara by Lexxyla: 2:56am On Jun 29, 2017
Wetin Gbemiga still dey find.

Make hin no use d devil inside am kill bukky's joy. Infact, Iroko tree fall on the Phillips.
Re: Bukky Alakara by Bigjane(f): 4:53am On Jun 29, 2017
wao, i really must commend ur writing prowess! Ur Story and Shamlodee's entangled have a unique story line. Thanks so much @shewrites.

Bukky, i commend you for your firm decision not to let Gbemiga pour sand into ur garri. #Teamchike.
Re: Bukky Alakara by marischerry(f): 6:15am On Jun 29, 2017
Gbemiga, Gbemiga, Gbemiga, how many times did i call u. Leave my brother's wife alone before i send Amadioha to strike u, abi u won make i go Okija shrine go blind ur eye.

2 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by popesaint(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2017
d time bomb is on d way...
Re: Bukky Alakara by Mykel4God(m): 9:08am On Jun 29, 2017
Hmmmmm

Observing and expecting a shocker

Keep it up for real
Re: Bukky Alakara by arabaribiti(m): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
marischerry:
Gbemiga, Gbemiga, Gbemiga, how many times did i call u. Leave my brother's wife alone before i send Amadioha to strike u, abi u won make i go Okija shrine go blind ur eye.

You can't do shit my gbemiga must sample her and marry her just wait and see

#teamamala
Re: Bukky Alakara by hormobolanle: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2017
clipz3784:
gbemiga na fowl.. hopeless fowl

hahahaha dem plenty like dat for outside e g Hadampso*grin

I no Kuma spell d name finish clipz3784 Abi u dy part of dem d fowls nicheesy
Re: Bukky Alakara by Absoj(m): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2017
I hope gbemiga has no ace up his sleeves? I'll wait and see.
Re: Bukky Alakara by hormobolanle: 11:08am On Jun 29, 2017
sweetdude001:
For nairaland everybody holy, my question is n I need sincere answers, do u think Gbemi d have done the same chike did for bukky if his parents were supporting and he is as financially capable as Chike, he loves bukky u can't take that away, yea he thinks with his dick sometimes but that does not make him a bad person, I think he did great by coming clean so she won't have to wait for nothing, some suggested he had a secret affair behind his parents hoping they come around, what if they Neva did? Bukky loses out, no chike no Gbemi.
He did them both a favour,he still loves her that's why he does not wanna let go. Shewrites I sense you trying to please some people good work but note this. Bukky with Chike good story
Bukky with Gbemi great story

hmmmmmm na Wa o, I for say make I Kontinue to dy observe but dis mata Don pass make persin dy observe o

me I will say though gbemiga made a mistake of breaking up with Bukky but I sense he love her even though he lust after her body Wic he can't control, it happens in many relationships but it is d will power one have to control it dat matters Wic gbemiga lack n he is paying for his actions

chike has d will power if controlling his emotions, though we c him as a perfect boyfriend now but we should always remember that CHANGE IS CONSTANT
he may change after getting married to Bukky o cos we Neva can tell

Bukky on her path has to play her cards well n kn Wat she is doing so as not to loose at d end
apart from she dating chike,if she should give in to gbemiga thinking his parents will come around someday n Dy didn't den she is on her own
It is not even good for one to get married to someone his/her parent do not consent to. because we don't kn Wat d future hold for us, so as to have Wu to run to in RAINING DAYS

I REST MY CASEcheesy

anti Shewrites wehdon ooje
I dy gbadun u

2 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by Alennsar(f): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2017
Countrygirl:
Someone should please help me slap this Gbemi ,is it by force to date someone. This kind of disturbance irks me.
Even if she doesn't end up with chike ( shewrites forbid sha) , dating that guy is not a good idea.

Thanks for plenty updates

LOL it is shewrites forbid indeed
Re: Bukky Alakara by VLongstrider(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
clears throat clearly.....
I read this story till 2am today...KANU believe that? even Nwankwo Kanu wouldn't.
OK,I stumbled on this thread less than 24hrs ago and it's been fun non stop.
Gbemiga is fast becoming a terrible lover. Even a good player knows when to advance,when to withdraw and when to quit. Shewrites, you're such a beautiful raconteur. I doff my hat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (42) (Reply)

Memo Of A Male Sex Addict / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / The Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.