Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Bukky Alakara - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bukky Alakara (288454 Views)

Bukky Alakara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukky Alakara by Precial419: 12:28am On Jul 04, 2017
I so much love ur wrk she writes . It is inspirationally moral.
Re: Bukky Alakara by einsteinn(m): 4:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Precial419:
We r judging dese characters based on sentiments because of d yardstick we have chosen to use. In dis part of d world, boys n girls r judged unequally. Ok for dose conplaining dat gbemiga was right to chose education over love, is dis nt d same reasons girls have come to b knw as gold diggers.
u really do hv a point....but this comparison is valid when she luvs a poor guy n she too is poor n both finacial prospects looks bleak...wat if the guyis finacially stable which is the case most times
Re: Bukky Alakara by Nnwannsukka(m): 6:20am On Jul 04, 2017
queenitee:

Why are you guys all against Gbemiga, if you should read that part again, you would see it wasn't in his plan to disvirgned her, things just got out of control and he apologised and when such a thing was about to happen again, he controled himself. Things like that happens in relationship. If you would ask me, they are both at fault for her lost virginity self, so you guys should stop blaming Gbemiga o. He did not use her, he really like the girl. And collecting money and phone, why are you in a relationship if you can't help each other? It doesn't always have to be the guy doing everything, when the lady can help, let her help. Ladies are help mate self, if not because of what this world had become where people can't be trusted anymore, what's there in helping who you claim to love. If it were to be Gbemiga that gave her the phone and money, you guys won't find offence o and you guys saw that she gave him the phone before the incident of losing her virgnity and the money, it looks line Gbemiga did not even ask for it, she just sent it on her own. It doesn't matter who does it in the relationship, Bulky is the one capable now and she's doing it, you guys should just pray when it's time for Gbemiga to reciprocate, he would do that..

It's not like I like Gbemiga o, I like Chike more but go me, Gbemiga hasn't done anything bad like that. Come to think of it, what if it is bulky that would later cheat on him nko? It's too early to judge
Abi abi abi
Re: Bukky Alakara by Precial419: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2017
einsteinn:

u really do hv a point....but this comparison is valid when she luvs a poor guy n she too is poor n both finacial prospects looks bleak...wat if the guyis finacially stable which is the case most times
i dnt undastand
Re: Bukky Alakara by rachealfst(f): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2017
yewande1234:
I think she is pregnant nd want him to be responsible 4 it
I think so too. Good for her, it was an unprotected se.x.

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by muyinet: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
It's a masterpiece.
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
queenitee:
Sis mii shewrites, sorry I went off.
Abisoye ko Abisola ni. Bukky jare my love no mind that Gbemiga o, Chike is coming

lol... welcome back. Missed yah *hugs*
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Precial419:

Awwww.... thanksss
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
muyinet:
It's a masterpiece.

*bows* thanks. I am honoured.

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by marischerry(f): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
shewrites pls the suspense is too much o, abeg update
Re: Bukky Alakara by queenitee(f): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
SheWrites:

lol... welcome back. Missed yah *hugs*
Missed you too
Re: Bukky Alakara by ralphkennie(m): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
shewrite!! well done mah!豸..dix is the thrilling part of this story.......naw i guess dis is wer d deceitful part of this story started.....
Da silva is pregrant for anoda dude....
Gbemiga falls victim again into dis temptation....
Bukky nd gbemigah meets in d nearest future... .
D philips later get to kw d baby is a #bastard!!
abeg ooooo.... i just dey reason nih oooo......chike!
Re: Bukky Alakara by Tuhndhay(m): 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Presence registered
Re: Bukky Alakara by Toyin223(f): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
SheWriters Come Nd Update PLS
Re: Bukky Alakara by iamnicer: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2017
SHEWRITES
Re: Bukky Alakara by hormobolanle: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2017
No update NO UPDATE no uPdAtE!!! maka y na

well I will wait sha, no Kuma get choice
Re: Bukky Alakara by faithfulgrl(f): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2017
Precial419:
very true. more inspiration dear.
Re: Bukky Alakara by bimberry1307(f): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
well done, shewrites. you're doing great. I might not be dropping comment often but I'm definitely following.
Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Gbemiga returned home from work tired and hungry. He had a cold bath, changed into a sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts, and went to the kitchen to make himself a meal. About twenty minutes later, he strode into the sitting room carrying a plate of noodles, fried eggs and plantain with a large piece of smoked Tilapia fish. He settled on the only chair in the room, a brown three seater leather chair. He hoped to get the rest of the furniture he needed before his wedding day. He had been given a two-bedroom flat like every other staff in USAID and the only thing he had been able to buy was a bed, a chair and a television. He had used most of his money to move his family into a new accommodation during the festive period. He also had a wedding to prepare for and it was draining his account. He didn’t know that couples spent so much on so little just for a one-day event.

The traditional and church wedding had been fixed on the same week, the last week of August. It was less than six weeks away. He prayed that God would finance both events. Although his family had promised to help, from both his father’s and mother’s side, he didn’t want to put his hope on anyone.

The Da Silvas were also moving mountains on their side. Abisoye was very special to them and they wanted the wedding to be memorable.
He finished the meal, dropped the plate on the rugged floor and stretched out on the chair. He picked up the remote and flipped through the DSTV channels and settled on the Sports channel. He began to doze off moments later, but, the loud bangs on his door woke him up. He jumped down from the chair and looked around.

Who was knocking at his door like that? He glanced at the wall clock. It was past nine. The bangs persisted. He frowned and marched towards the front door. He drew the latch, opened the door and came face to face with six hefty men. They were all in Police uniforms and they were armed.

“Are you Mr. Oluwagbemiga Phillips?” one of them asked.

He nodded and stared back at them.

“Do you work at USAID?”

He nodded again, his heart beat had quickened.

“Do you know Miss. Abisoye Da Silva?”

He blinked and nodded again.

“Who is she to you?”

“My… my fiancée.”

The men exchanged glances.

“Where is she?”

He swallowed hard, “I think… I think she should be home. I saw her this morning at work. She left around noon on an official assignment. She didn’t return.”

The men exchanged glances again.

“What is this about? What is going on?”

“Mr. Phillips, you need to come with us to the station.”

He frowned, “Why?”

The man who seemed to be the leader of the group stared at him sternly, “Come with us in peace. If you resist, we will drag you to the station like a dog.”

Gbemiga stared back at the man and swallowed hard.

“Let us go,” the man beckoned at him.

“I… I am not properly…”

“Let us go!”

“Like this?” he glared at the man.

The man signaled to the others. They grabbed him by the elbow and pulled him towards the exit.

“Wait… I cannot go like this. At least, let me put on something decent!” he cried out.

No one paid attention to him. He was dragged out of the building and thrown into the black vehicle parked outside the gate.

An hour and forty-five minutes later, Gbemiga was dragged into the police station. He was taken to a room illuminated by a very small dim bulb. He was made to sit on a chair, hands tied behind him, legs tied to the chair. The men left. He noticed a tall dark figure standing a stone throw away from him. He couldn’t make out the face of the man, but, something about him made fear to crawl all over him.

“Mr. Oluwagbemiga Phillips, you have two options. One, tell me the truth. Then we will take it from there. Two, lie and I get the truth out of you.”

Gbemiga swallowed hard. What was he doing in a police station? What crime did he commit?

“How long have you been working for USAID?”

“Em… About two, three months.”

“Good,” the man came forward. He was about six feet tall, all muscled and stern looking. His dark eyes were cold and emotionless and his bare arms were covered with ugly scars. “Who is Miss. Abisoye Da Siva to you?”

He swallowed hard, “My… my fiancée.”

The man grinned. His teeth were charcoal black. Gbemiga turned away. Irritation made him nauseated.

“When was the last time you saw her?”

“This… this morning.”

“Where is she now?”

He gave a shake of head, “Honestly, I don’t know.”

The man’s bushy brows creased in a frown, “You truly want me to believe that you do not know where your fiancée is.”

“I… I think she is home.”

The man marched towards him and stared down at him, “I can start with your genitals and believe you, me, you won’t live to father a child in this life or the next.”

Gbemiga felt a pressure below his abdomen. He was about to pee on himself. “Sir, I… I don’t know where she is.”

Unexpectedly, the man hit him across the face thrice. His vision went dark for about a minute. The only thing he saw were dozens of little shiny stars. The pain came, spreading around his cheek bone, then down his jawline. He tasted blood in his mouth. Was he bleeding?

“Where is Abisoye D Silva?!” the man bellowed. The man’s voice echoed through the walls.

Gbemiga felt his ears throbbing. He knew he was in trouble. Who was going to rescue him? He raised his head and stared at the ceiling. The small dim bulb stared back at him.

God please help me.

The man started to laugh, “Are you praying?”

He dropped his head and looked at the man.

“Are you claiming to be one of those fanatic church goers?” the man snarled at him.

“I am a born-again Christian,” he mumbled. It hurt to talk. His face was on fire.

The man laughed again. “If truly you serve a pure and holy God, why did you plan with your lover to defraud the agency you work for?”

His eyes widened in shock.

“Abisoye served in the Accounting department and when she was retained, she remained in that department.”

Gbemiga nodded quickly.

“All through her service year she redrew money from the agency’s account in piece meal and transferred it to an offshore account. She was so good with what she did that no one knew until a few days ago.”

He began to tremble. He was really in trouble. He had no idea that his fiancée had been stealing from the international agency.

“In total, she siphoned the sum of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.”

Tears brewed in his eyes. His head began to ache and he felt very dizzy. Was he going to pass out?

“We have been monitoring her movements. She was supposed to report to her boss this evening, but, she is nowhere to be found. She is not in her apartment. She is not in yours. She is not home in Ibadan, neither is she in her uncle’s place in Lagos. Where is she Gbemiga?”

He shook his head again.

“Where is she?”

“I don’t know sir,” tears clouded his vision.

“Did you both plan this? Are you her accomplice?”

“No sir,” he shook visibly.

“Where is your rendezvous point?”

“I don’t…”

“Paris? U.K? Where?!”

“I don’t know… I don’t know anything,” he started to sob.

The man spat on him and backed away. “You are in soup young man. Your fiancée is a professional thief and she is wanted in Nigeria and abroad. The Interpol are looking for her as we speak. You are her fiancé and you must be in on it. I don’t believe that you are innocent.”

Gbemiga raised his head. The hate in the man’s eyes saddened him.

“Start talking or I will break every single bone in your body. When I am done with you, you will pray for death, but, it will not come.”

“I had no idea…”

“Stop lying and talk to me!”

“I don’t know… I didn’t know that she… I had no idea… “

The man dashed towards him, lifted him with the chair, and threw them against the wall. Gbemiga collapsed on the cold floor, bleeding and
unconscious.

7 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by SheWrites(f): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

The Phillips sat in the sitting room watching their favourite television programme, Super Story. The door-bell rang, but, they all remained seated. It rang again and again. The couple exchanged glances then turned to their daughters who were seated on the rugged floor.

“Someone is at the door,” Remi addressed the girls.

None of them moved.

“Won’t you go and get the door?” Baba shouted at them.

Lola and Kemi exchanged glances.

“Go and see who it is?” Lola tapped her sister on the lap.

Kemi eyed her, “Why me? Don’t you have legs?”

“I am your elder sister,” Lola stated as a matter of fact.

“Senior ko, junior ni,” She eyed her again, “We are just two years apart. It doesn’t count.”

“You are mad. Something is wrong with your brain,” she glared at her.

“And you are a fool. Instead of you to get married, you are lounging in your father’s house.”

“Is it me you are talking to like that?”

Kemi hissed, “No, it is your shadow I am talking to.”

“I have been warning you,” she poked her on the head with her finger, “Mind the way you talk to me. I am not your mate.”

“Abeg park well.”

Lola slapped her sister, “You are very silly.”

Kemi held the side of her face, “Oloriburuku ni ota e ni?”

Her elder sister slapped her again, “You are still talking.”

Kemi cried out in pain and lurched her weight at her sister. They both exchanged slaps and blows.

Remi pulled off her leather slippers and threw it at the girls.

“Ah! Maami…” Lola let go of her sister, jumped to her feet and held her head.

“Daddy…” Kemi turned to her father, holding her stomach.

“If you come near me, I will slap you,” Baba eyed her.

Kemi hissed and folded her arms across her chest.

Lola stumped her feet on the floor and slow walked towards the door. She turned the key and yanked the door open.

Her heart missed a beat when she found her elder brother standing by the doorway, “Brother!” she looked him up and down. He stood there in
a black short-sleeve tee-shirt and jeans with a blue knap-sack hanging on his shoulder. His face was lean and pale, he looked thin and malnourished and was no different from the kidnapped victims auctioned at the slave market in the movies she watched recently.

Gbemiga limped into the flat and settled on the chair closest to the door. He was so tired and hungry.

Remi and Baba jumped to their feet when they saw their son. He was a shadow of himself.

“Gbemiga,” she rushed to his side.

“Where have you been?” his father seized him up. He barely recognized the boy.

“What happened to you?” Remi didn’t like the way he looked.

“You and Abisoye just disappeared just like that. You were both supposed to come home for your traditional and church wedding,” Baba glared at him.

“Gbemiga,” Remi placed a hand on his forehead. His temperature was a little bit higher than normal.

“We called the Da Silvas and they claimed that they haven’t heard from both of you. Hope both of you didn’t elope to get married. Why would
you do such a thing in the first place when you have the backing of both families?”

He raised his head and stared at his father.

“Explain yourself. This is September. You were supposed to be married in August.”

He dropped his gaze and met his mother’s questioning stare. “Just thank God that I am alive,” his voice sounded hoarse.

Lola and Kemi drew close to their brother. They didn’t like the way he was looking. Where were his luggages?

“What happened to you?” Remi looked into his sad eyes.

“I have been in the police’s net since the second week of July.”

Silence filled the room.

“I was whisked out of my apartment, locked up in a hole in the police station, questioned and tortured for a crime I didn’t commit,” tears
glistered in his eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Baba seized up the boy.

“I almost died,” he looked from his mother to his father.

“Why did they arrest you?” Remi held back the tears threatening to spill all over her face. It was hard to believe that their son had been
suffering while they thought he was enjoying himself in Abuja.

“Abisoye stole a hundred and fifty thousand dollars from USAID and they thought I was involved.”

Remi placed both hands on her head, “Mo gbe, mo gbe, mo gbe ooooooo!” she went on her knees and began to weep.

“She defrauded the agency and disappeared. No one knows where she is, not even her family.”

Baba blinked back the tears gathering in his sad old eyes. He couldn’t imagine what his son must have gone through.

“When they discovered that I was innocent, the agency dropped the case against me. I was released, but, I lost my job. My bank accounts
are frozen; they took everything from me.”

Baba sat beside his son, “But, why? If they found out that you were innocent, why punish you? What’s wrong with all these foreigners in our country?”

He turned to his father, “My association with Abisoye cost me everything. They… they took all I had. Everything I worked for… at least, I am alive,” he started to cry.

“Ahhhhhh! God punish all my enemies! Evil people! Enemies of progress! They must all die by fire!” Remi rolled on the floor, screaming and crying.

Lola and Kemi sat on the floor and started to cry too.

“You mean Abisoye is a thief?”

Gbemiga nodded and looked at his distraught father.

“How come you didn’t know?” he eyed the boy.

He sighed heavily and wiped his wet face with the back of his hand.

“You should have been sensitive enough to know the kind of woman you were getting married to. I thought you were a strong Christian. Look
at the kind of trouble you have brought on us all.”

He folded his arms across his chest. How was he supposed to know? Was he a magician or a wizard? He didn’t know and his ignorance had cost him everything. How was he supposed to take care of his family now? Where was he going to start from? He looked up at the ceiling and sighed heavily.

God where are you?

“What about my sister?”

He glanced at his father, “She was the one that paid for my bail at the police station.”

Baba sighed with relief.

“She… she said she has washed her hands off my case,” his voice trembled.

“What nonsense?!” he became infuriated.

“She said I have shamed the family. She called uncle Tayo and uncle Korede. Both of them said that they can no longer sponsor my Masters program.”

“What have gotten into them?”

Gbemiga shrugged and sighed heavily. He was still trying to wrap his mind around everything that happened to him.

“They can’t do this. A promise is a promise. They must follow through on their agreement. They can’t just back out. Are they saying that you
are guilty?”

He looked at his father. The man’s anger was understandable. He had also been upset when his aunt and uncles dissolved the promise they made to him during the family meeting. He came to a conclusion after many nights of restless sleep. It was only God that would stand by him and see him through the thick and the thin. No man would.

“I must speak to my sister…” Baba got up, “Where is my phone?” he looked around.

“Daddy… daddy, leave her. Leave them. Let them go.”

Baba glanced at the boy.

“They are not worth it.”

He sighed heavily and sat back on the chair, “What they did is unacceptable.”

Gbemiga nodded in agreement, “It is well. Let’s just thank God that I am alive.”

12 Likes

Re: Bukky Alakara by queenitee(f): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
You see, is educated, is education. mama and papa shebi you have your education now. I don't feel sorry for him

1 Like

Re: Bukky Alakara by Treasurewamiri(f): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
Awww! Gbemiga Pele, things don't always go as planned
Re: Bukky Alakara by marychommy(f): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
I knew it DAT something is wrong but can't place my finger on it. Gbemiga chai u see ur life now tell me tell who laugh last? Bukky still stood at last. sorry for ur lost.
Re: Bukky Alakara by Toyin223(f): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha Dem PromiseD U Heaven On Earth Where Ar They Nw
Re: Bukky Alakara by faithfulgrl(f): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
gbemi,beauty &education don put u for trouble. shewrites d lord is ur strength. greater heights.
Re: Bukky Alakara by SurestG(f): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oluwagbemiga Phillips, you see your life outside.
Re: Bukky Alakara by bossy512(f): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ghen ghen, at last, Gbemiga see ur life o, Shewrites thanks for d update, more inspiration
Re: Bukky Alakara by faithfulgrl(f): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
gbemi beauty&education don put u for trouble. shewrites d lord is ur strength greater heights.
Re: Bukky Alakara by Vickiey192(f): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gain of educated daughter in law
Re: Bukky Alakara by iweecureyou: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
www.a1000laff.com ya stories are posin theresad
Re: Bukky Alakara by microjoystick: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
iweecureyou:
www.a1000laff.com ya stories are posin theresad
Chai iweecureyou wat are u doin in literature section? Btw he is right your stories are being posted there but did u permit it shewrites ?
Re: Bukky Alakara by olatunyemi(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
as much as I don't like Gbemiga in this story it doesn't stop me from pitying him, I felt sorry for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (42) (Reply)

Memo Of A Male Sex Addict / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / The Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.