Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:01 PM

Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government (477 Views)

American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government / Herdsmen Attacks Sweep Through South-West / US Sells N181bn Warplanes, Weapons To Nigerian Government To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government by mcebisco: 10:32am On May 09, 2017
The President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Reverend Olasupo Ayokunle, has called on the Federal Government to prosecute
some herdsmen arrested in connection with recent killings in Southern Kaduna and Benue State, stressing that it should be prepared for war if it failed to act.
He stressed that it is only when the suspects are made to face the wrath of the law that tension that had risen in the two states would reduce.
Ayokunle, who is also the President of the Nigerian Baptist Convention (NBC), warned that failure to stop the unprovoked killings by suspected herdsmen in some parts of the country could spark war in the country.
He stressed that government must rise p to protect innocent Nigerians through effective security surveillance particularly at the nation’s borders to prevent illegal immigrants from gaining entry.

The cleric spoke in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital at a special service held at First Baptist Church (Miracle Cathedral). The Centenary Estate built by the Ekiti Conference of NBC which is located in Oke Ila area of the town was also commissioned during Ayokunle’s pastoral visit by the Ewi, Oba Adeyemo Adejugbe.

A book titled: “The History of First Baptist Church, Ado Ekiti” was also launched at the event. It was written by the church’s Historical Committe and was reviewed by the >>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/05/herdsmen-attacks-be-prepared-for-war.html

Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government by GloriaNinja(f): 10:36am On May 09, 2017
undecided THIS EARTH WILL BE EXTINCT IN MANY YEARS TO COME.
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government by NaeChris: 1:49pm On May 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided THIS EARTH WILL BE EXTINCT IN MANY YEARS TO COME.
You are already a Ninja na. Na your side i go dey when e start. Abeg no forget me o.
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Be Prepared For War – CAN Tells Nigerian Government by NaeChris: 1:51pm On May 09, 2017
Seriously those people aree looking for trouble. Christians are too soft for my liking. I am a David and Joshua kind of christian o. No jonsing. Mybe god use David spirit use create me.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests Man For Allegedly Shooting & Killing 8 People Including Police Of / Suicidal Man Charged With Murder After Bullet Went Through His Head And Killed G / I Was Once Kidnapped, But Quickly Released — Evans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.