Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,594 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called (21865 Views)

Akowonjo: Fire Service Trucks Arrive Burning House Without Water / Man Praises Fct Fire Service For Quick Response To Sos Call(photos) / Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by crackhouse(m): 3:31pm On May 09, 2017
Too bad. Nigerians are not used to responding to emergencies. Be it police, road safety, fire service, hospitals and so on even when they claim to have emergency units in their various offices.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Ogalanyachieze: 3:33pm On May 09, 2017
I wish its not like the fire service office in bayelsa that has been turned into keke night park for drivers. To God na keke them dey guard for the place dey use the money to hold body if salary no come over 100 keke pays 100 daily. There was a country
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 09, 2017
2 hours later, smh. Very pathetic. If only she and the nearby homeowners who were also affected by the fire could sue them.

1 Like

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by hardbody: 3:38pm On May 09, 2017
slurryeye2:
With a beautiful house like that, and knowing that most Nigerians do not insure their houses, I feel her pain.

Insurance to the rescue, but No. They will rather insure with God. Meanwhile, the man of God that tells you to insure with God and have absolute faith in HIM drives a bullet proof Benz and is guided by Mopols or Private Security Guards

Guess, what, I am not sure I feel for her, honestly. Our people never learn.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by kingthreatz: 3:39pm On May 09, 2017
She should have called water tankers too. Yeah she'll pay but it would have saved to some extent
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by exlink10(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2017
U dey even talk self

Lagos own dey ok now

Come owerri or aba come call fire service and see if no be three days after the fire them go come
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by RaptorX: 3:43pm On May 09, 2017
DaGC:
Another disadvantage of this over populated city is ease of movement. Like I don't even visit certain areas when I think of the stress and distance.

Could be the reason they couldn't respond on time.
Don't they have sirens?
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Bossman(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2017
Absolutely! A failed nation indeed. In most cases you dial 911 they (Fire, Police, and ambulance) are at your door in less than 5 mins. 911 triggers a call to all of them. Unless you specifically talk to the operator and state the nature of your iussue.

A few years ago, I was sitting in my car in my garage, setting up the BMW assisit in the car for the first time, so I mistakenly pressed the button that triggers an emergency call for assistance. I canceled it instantly! Well within 2 minutes or so (still sitting in the car), I saw the police pull up. The officer said they got a call for assistance. Of course, they used GPS to locate where the call came from (my house). Talk about efficiency! I just expllained to her that I pressed the assist button by mistake.

Nigeria needs to spend more to improve the basic infrastructure that would at least give someone some level of security and confidence about living there. Probably more fire fire stations, strategically located. Of course, the water issue is another major problem.

RaptorX:
Symptoms of a failed nation, you dial 911 in western countries and police, fire and ambulance are at your doorstep in minutes. We keep wallowing in mediocrity claiming we are a developing country instead of just copying the template of how it's done successfully in other more advanced nations.

1 Like

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Ebenezerk2: 3:48pm On May 09, 2017
Error of omission, It should be an angry lady
Ginaz:

An angry what?
Look at English
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Bossman(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2017
That's assuming there is constant supply of water right?

Sezua:
why build such a fine structure without water sprinklers
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Tedassie(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2017
DaGC:
Another disadvantage of this over populated city is ease of movement. Like I don't even visit certain areas when I think of the stress and distance.

Could be the reason they couldn't respond on time.
The more reason houses(not just residential buildings though) should have fire hydrants and smoke detectors. There's these aircraft/helicopters that are fitted with fire hydrants why can't govt procure such for ease of access to emergency locations..

oh...i forgot na naija we dey(we don't have such) !
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by abels(m): 3:55pm On May 09, 2017
Nigeria fire service is one free govt work o, millions are budgeted but chi chi thing dem nor de buy, if u get wrk there na free salary u go de collct so anybdy wen e houx cash fire de on e own
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 09, 2017
I knew this couldn't have happened in Nigeria, lol. In Chicago, on the other hand, they take their jobs of serving and protecting seriously.

Bossman:
Absolutely! A failed nation indeed. In most cases you dial 911 they (Fire, Police, and ambulance) are at your door in less than 5 mins. 911 triggers a call to all of them. Unless you specifically talk to the operator and state the nature of your iussue.

A few years ago, I was sitting in my car in my garage, setting up the BMW assisit in the car for the first time, so I mistakenly pressed the button that triggers an emergency call for assistance. I canceled it instantly! Well within 2 minutes or so (still sitting in the car), I saw the police pull up. The officer said they got a call for assistance. Of course, they used GPS to locate where the call came from (my house). Talk about efficiency! I just expllained to her that I pressed the assist button by mistake.

Nigeria needs to spend more to improve the basic infrastructure that would at least give someone some level of security and confidence about living there. Probably more fire fire stations, strategically located. Of course, the water issue is another major problem.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by morbeta(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2017
It's high time all these high profile estates provide their independent fire service platform, it of no need depending on ill equipped fire service.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 09, 2017
Tomorrow the govt will brandish Pics of "state of the art" emergency vehicles and stations and Nigerians will since their praises as usual. This country needs a reboot

1 Like

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by babyfaceafrica: 4:12pm On May 09, 2017
Ginaz:

An angry what?
Look at English
maybe that's the reason they refuse to show
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Originalsly: 4:15pm On May 09, 2017
RaptorX:
Symptoms of a failed nation, you dial 911 in western countries and police, fire and ambulance are at your doorstep in minutes. We keep wallowing in mediocrity claiming we are a developing country instead of just copying the template of how it's done successfully in other more advanced nations.[
We just simply prefer to do nothing and stay in the mess we are and somehow hope that we will one day be just like them. Response time in New York City is around 5 minutes counting from the time the call is received... 5 minutes for them to arrive at the scene. Was this always so?..Nooo.... back they keep finding ways to cut down on response time....they were once like us. Are we finding ways?...no. This person complain about a two hours response time.... is there an inquiry to find out why?...no... who cares? Should NYC fire unit take 15 minutes to respond... the Fire Chief's job will be on the line... traffic is a lame excuse. Are we going to build more Fire Stations to cut down response times? No. Are we going to have marked fire lanes that must be cleared for fire trucks?...No..Are we going to hold our Chiefs accountable?..no... but we would be hoping that some day we will be like those in the big developed cities.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Sezua(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2017
Bossman:
That's assuming there is constant supply of water right?

Would such a house not have it's own source of water in Nigeria? Even smaller houses have wells with pumping machines in them or boreholes.
This is not to make an excuse for the Fire Fighting Service, But when you are in a country like Nigeria, where nothing works, if you have the resources do the little you can to protect yourself.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Bossman(m): 4:33pm On May 09, 2017
Those sprinklers need SERIOUS water presure to function. It's no telling if the water source in this house will be able to supply the required pressure. In my experience, the water pressure in a lot of homes I have been to in Naija is just mediocre at best.

Sezua:
Would such a house not have it's own source of water in Nigeria? Even smaller houses have wells with pumping machines in them or boreholes.
This is not to make an excuse for the Fire Fighting Service, But when you are in a country like Nigeria, where nothing works, if you have the resources do the little you can to protect yourself.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by buffalowings4: 4:34pm On May 09, 2017
Let's join you in raining curses on them
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by oyetpel(m): 4:37pm On May 09, 2017
Our fire service are now model and celebrities
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by buffalowings4: 4:37pm On May 09, 2017
IamLucy:
You would never say this if you've ever been abroad

Evn by watching movies alone

Anyway na eran iya osogbo Dem go dey watch upandan
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by haykes(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2017
petux:
2 hours? should they fly over to her place??
If u find urself in her condition u will pity her
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by yoged(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2017
We all know Nigeria is a mess. Our fire fighter are not potent, either no fuel or there's no water. Not disputing that. But why blaming the fire fighters? It's only in Nigeria that someone will build a house with 300 million naira and will find it hard to secure such house with 3 Million Naira emergency appliances. Do they even have fire extinguishers? Smoke and flame detector? Not sure

Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Lexusgs430: 5:00pm On May 09, 2017
Wetin den wan come do ? They don't have fire trucks, no water, no personnel ......... Abi nah uniform den dey take fight fire ?
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
Even the fire service in borno state arrive faster than this. its 30 minutes max. though youths from d area would have already trooped out & started fighting the fire by then
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by tutudesz: 5:07pm On May 09, 2017
I remember what my dad did after building his house was to buy this generator pump in case of fire incident like this! In his word we provide water by ourselves with borehole, we provide security with dogs,while not provide firefighting equipment by ourselves by buy the pump which is just 50k.
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by Sezua(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2017
Bossman:
Those sprinklers need SERIOUS water presure to function. It's no telling if the water source in this house will be able to supply the required pressure. In my experience, the water pressure in a lot of homes I have been to in Naija is just mediocre at best.

That's True tho
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by tutudesz: 5:18pm On May 09, 2017
yoged:
We all know Nigeria is a mess. Our fire fighter are not potent, either no fuel or there's no water. Not disputing that. But why blaming the fire fighters? It's only in Nigeria that someone will build a house with 300 million naira and will find it hard to secure such house with 3 Million Naira emergency appliances. Do they even have fire extinguishers? Smoke and flame detector? Not sure
How much is the generator pump? Just 50k with this you can fight the fire yourself
Re: Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called by donqx: 5:39pm On May 09, 2017
eh ya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Razes Properties, Shops At Alaba International Market, Ojo / 2-Storey Building Collapsed At Nkisi-Alori In Onitsha (Video) / Building A Block Of Four 3-bedroom Flats -my Journey.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.