Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (56616 Views)

Governors, Senators And Emirs Jostle For Hanan Buhari's Hand / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Legalese(m): 5:28am On May 10, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

What a set of confused, perpetually bitter, hate-filled low lifes!
You seem more embittered that the folks you're disparaging.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Batiatus77(m): 5:56am On May 10, 2017
"Office of the Coordinator- general "...." Coordinator -general of the federation " ...."Coordinator in Chief" .....hihihihihiiii
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by psalmsjob: 6:55am On May 10, 2017
dragonking2:
If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?

Dear Wailers, technically the president himself is a coordinator of government. That's what his job description entails. Therefore, anyone acting on his behalf is a coordinator of government.

It's a shame that you wailers need lecturing about everything and wail about everything except your ignorance.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by odomanis: 7:32am On May 10, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole

It is not the word,it is the meaning of the English spoken. To act on his behalf transferred entire executive powers of the President. E.g.power to decide,power to approve, power to veto, power to coordinate,power to direct etc. Coordinating is just an aspect or better put,one function of management. Coordinating alone means he can only act based on collective agreement of the Federal executive council. He cannot say YES when those crooks have said NO. The question is,what are they afraid of ? The other time the VP was en charge for almost 50 days, he did very well to the applaud of well meaning Nigerians so,why are they restricting him now ?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ideas4real: 7:43am On May 10, 2017
What difference does it make. Nigerians always looking for faults all the time. How does that affect governance?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ideas4real: 7:49am On May 10, 2017
odomanis:

It is not the word,it is the meaning of the English spoken. To act on his behalf transferred entire executive powers of the President. E.g.power to decide,power to approve, power to veto, power to coordinate,power to direct etc. Coordinating is just an aspect or better put,one function of management. Coordinating alone means he can only act based on collective agreement of the Federal executive council. He cannot say YES when those crooks have said NO. The question is,what are they afraid of ? The other time the VP was en charge for almost 50 days, he did very well to the applaud of well meaning Nigerians so,why are they restricting him now ?
. Did VP complain he has been restricted. As a prof of law he knows his rights better than the legislators even you.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by yonny70: 7:53am On May 10, 2017
BUT WHY WOULD HE CHOOSES SUCH WORD NOW? WHICH IS DIFFICULT AND SHORTER? "CODINATING THE ACTIVITIES OF THE GOVERNMENT" OR 'ACTING VICE PRESIDENT'?!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by baba2de(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2017
Coordinate or act what's your problem, so many young Nigerians are at home looking for what to eat and we are here making noise over irrelevant issues. Better use your data wisely because............... Find out
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by holluphemydavid(m): 9:20am On May 10, 2017
dis man shud go and rest and honorably resign
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by eodavids(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2017
"In compliance with section 145(1)" has summarized everything as well as eliminate all ambiguities.

The letter thus has the meaning usually construed from the provision of the section of the the constitution cited. Period!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by PeaceGord: 10:36am On May 10, 2017
Moletemike:

WRONG, BROS.
It's actually Low lifes

Thanks. Your right.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:46am On May 10, 2017
I wonder what his problem is!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:50am On May 10, 2017
I wonder what his problem is!!!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 11:06am On May 10, 2017
dragonking2:
The post below is enough explanation to your feeble mind

Nonsense. Disgusting thing. Get out of my mention.
Preside, coordinate, acting.... Are u guys so stvpid and irrelevant to this extent?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 11:07am On May 10, 2017
ideas4real:
What difference does it make. Nigerians always looking for faults all the time. How does that affect governance?

Not Nigerians please, but Igbos.

Sick and tired of this disgusting wailing.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by sweetgala(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2017
TheAlchemist:

But in an office environment would you rather want to be "THE COORDINATOR OR THE MANAGER". It is even the Manager (MD) that determines whether or not the coordinator/conductor will coordinate the orchestra... so i guess there is a cabal saying though the president is away, they are still in charge. I think Buhari's choice of word is quite sad. He should have maintained consistency as contained in his first letter referring to osinbajo as the acting president.

What phantom cabal have you made for.yourself.
I've made it adequately clear that the words , preside , manage and coordinate are mutually interchangeable and all means " to take charge of" in the Oxford dictionary ; old refer to the free online dictionary
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by mecussey(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole

but the msg clearly shows that the vp was promoted From mere commissioner to cordinator.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by mecussey(m): 9:26am On May 11, 2017
dragonking2:
It is obvious that the cabals don't want to make the same mistake they did the first time so they ensured that Osunbade is now a mere coordinator.

Where is Lalasticlala sef

Thats just it...from mere commissioner to mere cordinator. As far as am concern, both the President sit and VP sit are now vacant. Apc will be seriously searching for replacements.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by mecussey(m): 9:29am On May 11, 2017
leofab:
Acting coordinator Osinbajo..
you no put mere....it is mere acting cordinator.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ayobamiakinrind(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2017
tbaba1234:

There is no difference between the first and second letter.

I'm not contwstig the letters, I'm only contesting the effect of the second letters. When PYO is regarded as 'Acting President', call me.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by tbaba1234: 10:58am On May 13, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

I'm not contwstig the letters, I'm only contesting the effect of the second letters. When PYO is regarded as 'Acting President', call me.

Go to the presidency twitter page.. He is addressed as acting president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fani-kayode On Death Of Rachel Bakam: She Brought Smiles With Weekly AIT Show / Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Wives Of Top Nigeria Politicians (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.