Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (56613 Views)

Governors, Senators And Emirs Jostle For Hanan Buhari's Hand / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by donborg(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

What a set of confused, perpetually bitter, hate-filled low lifes!
instead of tackling the scourge of corpsocracy headon, you are busy looking for biafrans to vent your frustrations......well, i guess you and your COORDINATOR are afraid of your fulani overlords/cabal....hahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by israelmao(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Act on my behalf means do what I do in my absence while co-ordinating the activities of government means be in charge of government functions.What does Buhari do?He also co-ordinates government activities.Osinbajo just performed two key functions immediately after the President departed;signing in of budget and inuguration or swearing-in of two ministers.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by kenchop: 7:53pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

****go to ur office and ask the difference between an acting manager and an office coordinator. keep displaying ignorance

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by donborg(m): 7:54pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:
It simply means "The Presidency" will continue to run things while d VP observes and coordinates as usual lol
COORDINATING MINISTER OF THE PRESIDENCY is a better job title........hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by aribisala0(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:

So you can join issues with those senseless folks/yEasterners after Ahmed Lawan stated this clearly during the senate sitting:

I am disappointed in you sir. angry

I think for myself, I do not need Lawan to think .for me and I do not believe Lawan knows more than me or is an interpreter of the Constitution. The fact that he says so does not make him right. Those who raise doubt have an argument albeit a weak one in my opinion, ultimately if there is a challenge it will be the courts that pronounce not Lawan. He has no say.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 09, 2017
Balkan:
he cannot be addressed again as the acting president.
You said it all.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Moletemike: 7:57pm On May 09, 2017
PeaceGord:

It's actually low lives.

And it's actually your ignorance and illiteracy that stinks to high heavens!

WRONG, BROS.
It's actually Low lifes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Dalek(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2017
Clearly written Ag. Pre, not Coordinating President. Frankly how is this even an issue?? simple English "Coordinating the affairs of the government".
is that not buhari's job prima facie??

Hate is bad thing to the brain,

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by aribisala0(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:
It simply means "The Presidency" will continue to run things while d VP observes and coordinates as usual lol
If what you say is correct then the VP cannot sign the budget. Let us wait and see if he does

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by unuane1(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
[color=][/color]
Balkan:
can Osibanjo be addressed as Acting president?
No, but coordinating president. grin
Balkan:
can Osibanjo be addressed as Acting president?
No, but coordinating president.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by donborg(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2017
israelmao:
Act on my behalf means do what I do in my absence while co-ordinating the activities of government means be in charge of government functions.What does Buhari do?He also co-ordinates government activities.Osinbajo just performed two key functions immediately after the President departed;signing in of budget and inugration or swearing-in of two ministers.
sharrraap! i guess presiding means d same thing as coordinating.......when you preside, whether acting or not, you are in charge which means that every decision must be approved by you alone but when you are coordinating, every decision must not be approved by you without the support of the decision makers..,.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by amakenny: 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
Even a dummy can understand the huge differences in the two letters.

The second One depicts that the president was not keen on having the Vice President act fully as vice in the absence of the President

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by enemyofprogress: 8:04pm On May 09, 2017
I'm sure this new letter was wroted by the cabals,they doesn't want him to act as president

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by koning: 8:05pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:

Thank you, my guy. You hit the nail on the head. Osinbajo may be part of the "presidency", but he is certainly not in charge of the "Presidency".

As long as the president is alive, the "Presidency" will run the affairs of the nation. It's foolhardy to think otherwise. Let's call a spade, a SPADE.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by agabusta: 8:05pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

Kindly quote this Section 145 under your comment so that it would be obvious to all that the later wordings of that letter does not carrry effect, so far the President has informed the NASS that he would be absent from official duties. The constitution makes it clear that the VP automatically becomes Acting President.

The President does not need to confer Acting Presidency on the VP via his letter.

145. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by kynbasil01: 8:06pm On May 09, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole
you're only a kid, I suggest you goan watch your cartoon... you can never know the legal implications of that letter

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by VirginFinder: 8:07pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
I think for myself, I do not need Lawan to think .for me and I do not believe Lawan knows more than me or is an interpreter of the Constitution. The fact that he says so does not make him right. Those who raise doubt have an argument albeit a weak one in my opinion, ultimately if there is a challenge it will be the courts that pronounce not Lawan. He has no say.

Lawan isn't thinking for you. He was merely quoting the constitution.

The constitution is CLEAR enough for any normal person to comprehend!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Dalek(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2017
kenchop:

Olodo, go to ur office and ask the difference between an acting manager and an office coordinator. keep displaying ignorance

look the oponu calling someone olodo, what is the meaning of Coordinator and in dat context is buhari the Coordinator of the government or not??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by seunmsg(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2017
pchukwudi:
Really? sad

I guess I have seen it all.

This is a constitutional matter and the wordings of the letter is irrelevant. The constitution did not state that the president must specify clearly in his letter to the National Assembly that the VP will act on his behalf. Once he conveys the letter that says he's going on leave, the VP automatically becomes the acting president. Like I said earlier, no need creating a mountain out of a molehill.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

Liepods brain entered into recession immediately their IB hero lost the election. They have not been the same ever since. Try and understand their plights.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by VirginFinder: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I'm sure this new letter was wroted by the cabals,they doesn't want him to act as president

Unfortunately they have a professor of law in their hands. He will outwit them in due course. grin

The constitution is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by meshinoye(m): 8:10pm On May 09, 2017
It is not about the grammar, PMB has quoted a law 'In compliance with section 145 {1) of the 1999 constitution as amended". What does the law stipulated? is it about the grammar? What is the intention of section 145 subsection 1 ? Dos 1999 constitution create room for a vacuum. It is either the National Assembly voted to accept the letter as transmission of power to the VP or they move for impeachment of PMB as there refusal mean that there is a vacuum as against the 1999 constitution. Did 1999 recommend transfer of power to any other person apart from the VP? Does action president has a duration?

Its either PMB is the President or he hands over to the VP. If he didn't transmit power, then he can be impeached and the VP automatically becomes the president. If the president is incapacitated, i can resign. I don't know why Nigerian cannot simply distinguished between constitutional requirements and usage of English words.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by BeardedMeat(m): 8:10pm On May 09, 2017
madridguy:
grin grin SOME PEOPLE WILL WAIL ENTER LAGOON.
You are wailing already, reason why you wrote in bold. Let me see the media that will address Osunbande as Acting president!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
donborg:
COORDINATING MINISTER OF THE PRESIDENCY is a better job title........hahahahahaha

D VP is not part of the Presidency ooo. Even PMB is a figurehead of "The Presidency"

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by amakenny: 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

The Ipob people you berate are better than you a million times.
In 2015, Nigeria had hundreds of thousands of younger, better educated, less corrupt and better presidential materials than Buhari.

But ethno/religious bigotry led you to vote for a man like Buhari to become president of Nigeria in the 21st Century.

You should have been ashamed to have Buhari as President of Nigeria.

Igbos merely alerted you of another looming danger considering the changed tones in the two letters of absence by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by dadavivo: 8:13pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

ntoor Buhari is a failure period

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by timunstopable: 8:14pm On May 09, 2017
Una Just like to create confusion when there is none

The constitution says once the president transmits a letter he is going on vacation/leave the VP becomes Acting President

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by agabusta: 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
seunmsg:

This is a constitutional matter and the wordings of the letter is irrelevant. The constitution did not state that the president must specify clearly in his letter to the National Assembly that the VP will act on his behalf. Once he conveys the letter that says he's going on leave, the VP automatically becomes the acting president. Like I said earlier, no need creating a mountain out of a molehill.

They will never listen nor take correction. Since their hero lost election, they have been exhibiting this 'herd of goats mentality'.

These ones dont mind if the country will go up in flames or war just to have a small laugh. Dont waste your energy on them. They are a lost case. Let them wail out their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by aribisala0(m): 8:17pm On May 09, 2017
In my opinion all that the president needs to do is to transmit ,in writing, that he is on vacation or unable to perform his duties.
He hoes not have the power to say what happens after that because the constitution has already spoken .So for him to say the VP will do this or that in such capacity is superfluous. The constitution has already addressed tha5

145. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President

The word shall has one meaning in law =MUST. .
SO the issue of putting into his letter that VP will be Acting President or not is not a discretion for the President to exercise it is redundant and unnecessary. All that is needed is to say I am away and the constitution snaps into action.
MY OPINION

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by menxer: 8:17pm On May 09, 2017
after reading through the comments, some people are just pained, frustrated and looking for whom or what to vent it on. the wordings of the letter is immaterial, so far it notifies the NASS of the President's absence, the provisions of the constitution in that regard takes effect.

to all wailers, there is no need masturbating with sand over this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:

If what you say is correct then the VP cannot sign the budget. Let us wait and see if he does

Nooo, "The Presidency" have always been in charge so dey'll sign it.. I mean d real "Presidency", d ones dat are playing poker with PMB's health and office
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by donborg(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:

D VP is not part of the Presidency ooo. Even PMB is a figurehead of "The Presidency"
he is now part of the presidency as the coordinator of the presidency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fani-kayode On Death Of Rachel Bakam: She Brought Smiles With Weekly AIT Show / Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.