Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. (839 Views)

James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Aliyu Jafaru: Kaduna Assembly Rejects Commissioner Nominee Over Facebook Post / My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 09, 2017
IPOB is dead ! This is not news, it died the moment Nnamdi Kanu fulfilled his bail conditions. IPOB as you know is an anti-Nigeria separatist group cloaked under the pretext "we are marginalized".

Now that their destabilization efforts have been carved from the knees, the new rhetoric leans towards the fruitful political marriage - the most prominent political blocks in the country share - the relationship between the North and West.

Should President Buhari, run for office in 2019, I assume Osinbajo will most likely be his running mate. However, if this does not follow, V.P Osinbajo should be given an automatic ticket. Many members on this forum insist that it will be a northern candidate, I disagree - this is not a logical decision and it does not serve Nigeria's interest.

A presidential nominee must be capable of not only winning an election, but also consolidating power after he/she is sworn into office.

What do you think ?
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by FriendNG: 8:04pm On May 09, 2017
I disagree! You mean among the northern candidate no one can consolidate power? Shine your eyes nothing like automatic ticket. Primary election must hold. Internal democracy must be respected.

If APC fill Osinbanjo, then the opposition will fill a northerner with southeast or south south VP.

And the good thing is: Buhari will not rig the election for Osinbanjo to win.

1 Like

Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by LionDeLeo: 8:10pm On May 09, 2017
FriendNG:
I disagree! You mean among the northern candidate no one can consolidate power? Shine your eyes nothing like automatic ticket. Primary election must hold. Internal democracy must be respected.

If APC fill Osinbanjo, then the opposition will fill a northerner with southeast Southwest or south south VP.

Baba, na my own contribution to the topic be dis, no be say I dey oppose you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by madridguy(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
NO VACANCY 4 ASO ROCK, SAI BABA TILL 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by FriendNG: 8:18pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Baba, na my own contribution to the topic be dis, no be say I dey oppose you. grin

But you should not include southwest in the equation.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 09, 2017
FriendNG:

If APC fill Osinbanjo, then the opposition will fill a northerner with southeast or south south VP.

Does anyone with Buhari's support need to rig an election ?
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by ybalogs(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2017
In other words, if Buhari steps down as widely expected, you're saying the presidential slot should go to Osibanjo abi? Too many things will change before then. We just need to wait and see as they unfold.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by FriendNG: 8:22pm On May 09, 2017
TheCabal:

But remember I told you Buhari won't support anybody, he will let primary election to decide.

Even if he Osinbanjo win the primary, if opposition filled a good northerner, even Buhari support won't do the magic. The north will not agree to sit down wait for 8 good years.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by ybalogs(m): 8:22pm On May 09, 2017
TheCabal:

Buhari's support will surely play a key role.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by LionDeLeo: 8:45pm On May 09, 2017
FriendNG:

But you should not include southwest in the equation.

It is balanced na. Are they not running on different tickets?
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by FriendNG: 8:49pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

It is balanced na. Are they not running on different tickets?

No the opposition won't do that. They will lose Yoruba vote entirely since Osinbanjo is on another party and he is the current vice. Therefore 90% of the Yoruba votes will go in his favour.

If you remove SE then allow SS alone don't include SW.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by LionDeLeo: 8:51pm On May 09, 2017
FriendNG:

No the opposition won't do that. They will lose Yoruba vote entirely since Osinbanjo is on another party with and he is the current vice. Therefore 90% of the Yoruba will go 4 him.

If you remove SE then allow SS alone don't include SW.

Better.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by FriendNG: 8:51pm On May 09, 2017
ybalogs:

Buhari's support will surely play a key role.

You will be shocked. The north won't listen to that. The north cannot watch aside for 8 years. Stop dreaming.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by Victornezzar: 9:12pm On May 09, 2017
Dis post is just as useless as d poster
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by deedeedee1: 9:17pm On May 09, 2017
I do not want an omoluabi to rule this backward country. It is high time we carve ourselves from nigeria, start a new nation and start a new life for the betterment of our children and their children to come.
Re: Why The Next Presidential Nominee Should Be From The WEST. by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 09, 2017
FriendNG:

But remember I told you Buhari won't support anybody, he will let primary election to decide.

Even if he Osinbanjo win the primary, if opposition filled a good northerner, even Buhari support won't do the magic. The north will not agree to sit down wait for 8 good years.

Interesting position.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Had Good Intentions / Busted! See Why This Presidential Tenure Is Coming To An End Soonest. / High Chief Ateke Tom Celebrates Birthday Wit Widows,Donates Cash,Wrapper To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.