Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party (3004 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Emerges Presidential Candidate Of ACPN / 2 People Emerge Guber Candidate Of PDP In Ogun State / Why Dankwambo Should Be The Preferred Candidate Of PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
MY TAKE ON THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE OF OUR GREAT PARTY.

By Taiye Garrick

For me It’s not about the age of the candidate or the desire to streamline it to a particular class of persons but the need to find a virile and suitable candidate can reinvigorate the trust of Nigerians in the PDP . We need to find a candidate who fits the credentials of a true Democrat with a record of success in entrepreneurial development, a unifying candidate that can bring this nation back together as one. A candidate that believes in integrity and commitment of his word to the Nigerian nation.

We need at this time a candidate that understands what it means to be a minority or part of the ethnic majority in this country, whether Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or my ethnic minority of Edo. That candidate that will see Nigeria as one constituency. We must ask all those who are aspiring to be our candidate in 2019 to start from Jan 1st 2018 to go round this country to meet and sell their candidacy to the people of Nigeria and Delegates that will likely vote them at the PDP primaries.

In the Just concluded PDP Chairmanship race, I was Priviledge to accompany the New National Chairman to several states round all the geo political zones in Nigeria from the North east to North west, South east to South West and South South and in this journey, I saw how he campaigned to delegates spelling out his campaign manifestos of Rebuild, Reposition and Regain to the delegates. He was able to inspire them and get several of the delegates onboard with him by simply telling them what he intends to do and how he intends to accomplish them. Practical steps of experience gained over time and the clear knowledge of workings of the party. He took out time to explain how he is going to return the party back to the people and the enthronement of a new reward system in the PDP and this resounded well with the delegates, but above all it was also a time of appraisal by the people that have stood by and watched him play politics for years in both the local and national stage of this nation. It was time for party leaders to remind him of his scorecard and instances were he has proved to be forthright, dependable and a honest leader by standing for truth and justice while he served at various levels of the party organs.

These testimonies coming out amongst them further fueled the desire for other delegates who were hitherto were sitting on the fence to sway completely to him and this is my focus here today and the lessons I bring to bear on the forth coming primaries and my desire for the aspiring Presidential candidates of our great party to do the same thing.

The the similarity here is that each one of the Aspirants have previously held national office and this will provide healthy debates amongst the various national delegates to the Presidential primaries and provide a feedback report to the aspirants ; their score card from the delegates of their perception of their persons as they did with Prince Uche Secondus and i am certain such discussions will engage them positively and help them focus on what to do, should any of them finally emerge as our candidate and goes on to win the Presidency. Again like what the New National Chairman said as he met with various candidates during his campaign, he proscribed that the antidote to corruption is to elect a popular candidate at the primaries in accordance with the will of the people and this in itself will propel and energies the people themselves to defend their votes and prevent rigging in the forthcoming general elections and this is so true if the PDP must regain power at the centre come 2019.

So at this junction, i posits that age is not a determinant of what makes a good or great leader as history in itself vindicates this assertion. The greatest Presidents in the history of mankind or those who shaped the world were not just under 50’s or 60’s but were men who believed that serving the nation was greater than ones own personal desire and the fulfillment of the destiny of a nation is greater than the acquisition of personal wealth and this must be what we should look out for in those who have signaled their interest to be our candidate and for the first time I advise the youths in PDP not to turn the Presidential primary contest within the PDP family into one of blackmail and calumny against one another or the Aspirants that is not their choice. We must allow all Aspirants sell themselves to us and convince us of their sincerity of purpose and prove to us their ability to lead this nation out of the present quagmire. We must engage all Aspirants positively and meaningfully and as supporters of one aspirant or the other still appreciate other Aspirants for the quality they bring to the race to make the PDP a better alternative to the senile APC government.

What we need now is a candidate that has the requisite experience and calmness to unify this Nation and bring about economic prosperity and in arriving at this conclusion it must done in peace, love and decorum that will in itself unify us together as one and committed party faithfuls. If we do this then we will be on the road to the promised land and the prophecy of our New National Chairman of serving the ruling APC quit Notice that expires May 28th 2019 will become a reality.

Thank you and God bless you.

Taiye Garrick Writes from Abuja
https://pdpysap./2017/12/15/my-take-on-the-next-presidential-candidate-of-our-great-party/

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Four Valid Reasons Nigeria Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock In 2019 By Tonybarcanista

I have been observing the recent moves by a former Vice President of Nigeria Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who is also a veteran aspirant for the office of the President. Atiku Abubakar has suddenly shifted from his subtle campaign for President to what seem to be like an almost direct campaign for the number one seat in the country. In the Social media, some sycophantic groups and individual with inspiration from their stomach have been making noise by endorsing the Turaki Adamawa-perhaps, with expectation of gratification “when the time comes”.

While I am not against Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to exercise his right to aspire for the office of the President in 2019 or any office in Nigeria, I have the responsibility as a young man, a patriot and a youth leader in my own right to enlighten Nigerians and eligible voters about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s candidacy (just like I would to any other aspirant for the office).

I shall give some reasons why Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is unfit to occupy the office he is aspiring for;

1. Lack of Integrity:

During the period when he was the Vice President of the country, Atiku was appointed to chair the Petroleum Technology Development Fund by the President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. As Chairman of Petroleum Training Development Fund(PTDF), Atiku lodged over $30million and $164 in Trans International Bank and Equatorial Trust Bank respectively from the account of PTDF according to EFCC’s forensive indictment in 2006. In fact, ‘loans’ that yielded interest as high as 15% to the banks were collected from the said banks by Atiku and his proteges AFTER PTDF millions of dollars has been lodged with the illegal account. It was all business! When the deal was busted in 2006, Atiku simply said that he ‘kept the monies for safe-keeping’ and even claimed that he deserves commendation. He brought back the PTDF “capital” that he put in private account and benefited hugely from it.

Atiku Abubakar was indicted by EFCC, Senate, and a Presidential Committee. He is yet to clear his name. As usual, a court that he went to never discussed whether he was innocent or guilty, but simply said the FG Committee lacks power to investigate and indict Atiku Abubakar because they weren’t courts.

You may look these for reference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2006/09/24/objatiku-scandal-what-efcc-failed-disclose-thenewssaharareporters
www.saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms

It is a shame that we are in a country where we forget easily. Otherwise, how could sane Nigerians be asking for Atiku’s Presidency when Nigerians in unison were asking for him to come out clean as for back as 2006.

Apart from the PTDF, Nigerians are yet to understand how Alhaji Atiku Abubakar from a humble background became an extraordinary billionaire despite the fact that most of his productive adult life was spent in the Nigeria Custom Service.

There is also an indictment on Atiku in the USA, I am yet to see him take up the challenge to take a trip to the United States as requested by exPresident Olusegun Obasanjo in 2014.

2. Tribal Supremacism:

One of the challenge of President Buhari’s administration is that he is more aligned with his brothers in the north than with the rest of the country, though Buhari has never hidden where is primary loyalty lies (his north). While many think Atiku is detribalised (we can only be patriotic and not detribalised anyway), the bare truth is that Atiku is a northern supremacist that believe that his northerners should always align with their own. Unlike Buhari, Atiku is pretentious about his- but his sin shall find him out.

In 2010, in their bid to stop Goodluck Jonathan from seeking the ticket of PDP in the 2011 Presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau, Gen IBB and Bukola Saraki(now Senate President) all submitted themselves to Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum to come up with a a consensus NORTHERN candidate to upstage Southern Goodluck Jonathan. Atiku was eventually chosen as the eventual “northern candidate” over Saraki, who wasn’t considered “northern enough” by the Ciroma led Forum. Atiku led a campaign in the north that he christened “Naka Sai Naka” meaning “Northerners go for your own”.

The record is there for all to see http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12193681

3. Insincerity And Deception:

Atiku is a very wealthy man no doubt, but of late we have seen a picture of him drinking sachet water aka pure water. When did Atiku start drinking such? Who is he trying to deceive? We won’t forget the N40 sacthet Milo/tea gimmicks that the Buhari campaign employed to deceive gullible Nigerians into believing that he was a “poor man”. We won’t forget the “akara” frying stunt of Mrs Aisha Buhari during the electioneering period in 2015. We should realise that when politicians are desperate, they take to any act just to impress and deceiving the gullible into giving them their votes. #NeverAgain should we be falling for such. It amounts to deception in the part of the elite to continue to use such gimmicks.

Also, Atiku has been making case for federalism and stuffs, but in ALL his years in Aso Rock as VeePee, he never initiated nor suggested such. In fact, Atiku was a very powerful VeePee between 1999 and 2003, as he was in charge of home-front while Obasanjo was travelling the world, yet he never thought of any pro-Federalism/restructuring policy. It is true that he fought against the third term agenda of Obasanjo, but we all know that he did it so that he can be able to succeed the president in 2007- he didn’t do it for Nigeria.

4. What Does He Have To Offer That He Can’t Suggest To Incumbents?

Atiku is part of the political system in Nigeria. In 1993 he ran for President, but lost to MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party primary election. In 2007, he ran for Presidency under Action Congress, but lost to Umaru Yaradua of PDP, and coming behing ANPP’s General Buhari. In 2011 he ran for Presidency and lost to Jonathan in the contest for PDP ticket. In 2014, he ran again but lost to Muhammadu Buhari in the APC primary, coming behind second placed Rabiu Kwankwaso. Now he is eyeing 2019! What is Atiku looking for after serving as Vice President for eight years? What did he forget in the villa that he wants to go back to get?

Atiku is already 70, he will be 73 in 2019, he is not an outsider of the system (like the American Trump), what does he have to offer that he couldn’t offer as VeePee? What stops him from sharing his “developmental” ideas to the incumbents since 1999 (considering that he was always in the incumbent parties)? What stops Alhaji Atiku from grooming younger, smarter and intelligent politician for the plum job?

Like I said earlier in my first paragraph, I am not against the right of Atiku to seek office, but I am against the idea of him becoming President. Nigeria cannot afford to continue to rotate failures and grannies. We need generational shift in leadership, we need to retire the system elite and bring him visionaries in 2019.

Nigeria has to be great for our own good, and we must make it great!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Ok

Wetin the thing wan talk now

5 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by icon02(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
The whole epistle above only describes one person. He is no other person other than ATIKU ABUBAKAR. ATIKULATION 2019

6 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyBarcanista Do you still hold the same view about ATIKU?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
@Ngeneukwenu

You are a ruling party that is expected to campaign with what the government has done to warrant reelection instead of negative campaign on Atiku. The mistake PDP made in 2015 was to be campaigning with Buhari lack of certificate and "bigotry" instead of selling Jonathan's achievement. You are towing that path.

Do NOTE that I don't have candidate yet BUT I will campaign for Atiku IF I get convinced of his candidacy or my party, PDP, present him.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
[P author=icon02 post=63360977]The whole epistle above only describes one person.
He is no other person other than ATIKU ABUBAKAR.
ATIKULATION 2019[/quote]
[s][/s]

Atikulation in Biafran Republic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Check very well, I'm not a campaigner of Atiku YET but anything can happen in future if I'm convinced that his candidacy is good for both PDP and Nigeria (and also myself as an interested entity).

For now, my party has array of credible aspirants and I'm yet to align with any yet
Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by abokibuhari: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[P author=icon02 post=63360977]The whole epistle above only describes one person.
He is no other person other than ATIKU ABUBAKAR.
ATIKULATION 2019
[s][/s]

Atikulation in Biafran Republic.
Get out of this thread man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
@Ngeneukwenu

You are a ruling party that is expected to campaign with what the government has done to warrant reelection instead of negative campaign on Atiku. The mistake PDP made in 2015 was to be campaigning with Buhari lack of certificate and "bigotry" instead of selling Jonathan's achievement. You are towing that path.

Do NOTE that I don't have candidate yet BUT I will campaign for Atiku IF I get convinced of his candidacy or my party, PDP, present him.

Then how would the voters take you and your ATIkU Seriously after penning down that article just 8 months ago?

I mean at a stage in life, one needs to maintain a little degree of consistency, at least for the sake of those looking up to you for Guidance.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Check very well, I'm not a campaigner of Atiku YET but anything can happen in future if I'm convinced that his candidacy is good for both PDP and Nigeria (and also myself as an interested entity).

For now, my party has array of credible aspirants and I'm yet to align with any yet

I asked you a simple question...and you went about beating the miserable bush...

I repeat, do you still hold the same view about Atiku Abubakar?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by abokibuhari: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I asked you a simple question...and you went about beating the miserable bush...

What's wrong with this man now?

6 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Then how would the voters take you and your ATIkU Seriously after penning down that article just 8 months ago?

I mean at a stage in life, one needs to maintain a little degree of consistency, at least for the sake of those looking up to you for Guidance.
There is NO perfect human anywhere in the world... We all have our faults.

Political contest is about who is better in service delivery between people that are interested in the office. It isn't something between Saint and Angel...

Remember that Buhari was accepted in 2015 simply because he was perceived to be better than former incumbent Goodluck Jonathan as at that time but prior to that, specifically in 2011, he was rejected in favor of same Jonathan.

People clamouring for Atiku are not doing it because they see messianic status in Atiku but because of the belief/perception that he will be better than what we have at present. Does that erode some of the perception they may have on Atiku? ABSOLUTELY NO!

In fact, whether or not I support Atiku in the future, it will/may not change some fundamental perception I have of him as penned in that Article except I feel convinced otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Tonya barcanista, you are not doing yourself any good here.

You wrote a detailed article against Atiku presidential ambition just 8months ago.

Suddenly, you cannot stand by your article. You are beating around the bush.

If you cannot take your own article seriously, how do you expect others to take you seriously?

You are just another fani kayode. People who stand for nothing. Who are willing to dance as long as they are paid or they get cheers from Psycophants.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Atiku2019: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s]Four Valid Reasons Nigeria Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock In 2019 By Tonybarcanista

I have been observing the recent moves by a former Vice President of Nigeria Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who is also a veteran aspirant for the office of the President. Atiku Abubakar has suddenly shifted from his subtle campaign for President to what seem to be like an almost direct campaign for the number one seat in the country. In the Social media, some sycophantic groups and individual with inspiration from their stomach have been making noise by endorsing the Turaki Adamawa-perhaps, with expectation of gratification “when the time comes”.

While I am not against Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to exercise his right to aspire for the office of the President in 2019 or any office in Nigeria, I have the responsibility as a young man, a patriot and a youth leader in my own right to enlighten Nigerians and eligible voters about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s candidacy (just like I would to any other aspirant for the office).

I shall give some reasons why Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is unfit to occupy the office he is aspiring for;

1. Lack of Integrity:

During the period when he was the Vice President of the country, Atiku was appointed to chair the Petroleum Technology Development Fund by the President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. As Chairman of Petroleum Training Development Fund(PTDF), Atiku lodged over $30million and $164 in Trans International Bank and Equatorial Trust Bank respectively from the account of PTDF according to EFCC’s forensive indictment in 2006. In fact, ‘loans’ that yielded interest as high as 15% to the banks were collected from the said banks by Atiku and his proteges AFTER PTDF millions of dollars has been lodged with the illegal account. It was all business! When the deal was busted in 2006, Atiku simply said that he ‘kept the monies for safe-keeping’ and even claimed that he deserves commendation. He brought back the PTDF “capital” that he put in private account and benefited hugely from it.

Atiku Abubakar was indicted by EFCC, Senate, and a Presidential Committee. He is yet to clear his name. As usual, a court that he went to never discussed whether he was innocent or guilty, but simply said the FG Committee lacks power to investigate and indict Atiku Abubakar because they weren’t courts.

www.saharareporters.com/2006/09/24/objatiku-scandal-what-efcc-failed-disclose-thenewssaharareporters
www.saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms

It is a shame that we are in a country where we forget easily. Otherwise, how could sane Nigerians be asking for Atiku’s Presidency when Nigerians in unison were asking for him to come out clean as for back as 2006.

Apart from the PTDF, Nigerians are yet to understand how Alhaji Atiku Abubakar from a humble background became an extraordinary billionaire despite the fact that most of his productive adult life was spent in the Nigeria Custom Service.

There is also an indictment on Atiku in the USA, I am yet to see him take up the challenge to take a trip to the United States as requested by exPresident Olusegun Obasanjo in 2014.

2. Tribal Supremacism:

One of the challenge of President Buhari’s administration is that he is more aligned with his brothers in the north than with the rest of the country, though Buhari has never hidden where is primary loyalty lies (his north). While many think Atiku is detribalised (we can only be patriotic and not detribalised anyway), the bare truth is that Atiku is a northern supremacist that believe that his northerners should always align with their own. Unlike Buhari, Atiku is pretentious about his- but his sin shall find him out.

In 2010, in their bid to stop Goodluck Jonathan from seeking the ticket of PDP in the 2011 Presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau, Gen IBB and Bukola Saraki(now Senate President) all submitted themselves to Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum to come up with a a consensus NORTHERN candidate to upstage Southern Goodluck Jonathan. Atiku was eventually chosen as the eventual “northern candidate” over Saraki, who wasn’t considered “northern enough” by the Ciroma led Forum. Atiku led a campaign in the north that he christened “Naka Sai Naka” meaning “Northerners go for your own”.

The record is there for all to see http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12193681

Atiku is a very wealthy man no doubt, but of late we have seen a picture of him drinking sachet water aka pure water. When did Atiku start drinking such? Who is he trying to deceive? We won’t forget the N40 sacthet Milo/tea gimmicks that the Buhari campaign employed to deceive gullible Nigerians into believing that he was a “poor man”. We won’t forget the “akara” frying stunt of Mrs Aisha Buhari during the electioneering period in 2015. We should realise that when politicians are desperate, they take to any act just to impress and deceiving the gullible into giving them their votes. #NeverAgain should we be falling for such. It amounts to deception in the part of the elite to continue to use such gimmicks.

Also, Atiku has been making case for federalism and stuffs, but in ALL his years in Aso Rock as VeePee, he never initiated nor suggested such. In fact, Atiku was a very powerful VeePee between 1999 and 2003, as he was in charge of home-front while Obasanjo was travelling the world, yet he never thought of any pro-Federalism/restructuring policy. It is true that he fought against the third term agenda of Obasanjo, but we all know that he did it so that he can be able to succeed the president in 2007- he didn’t do it for Nigeria.

Atiku is part of the political system in Nigeria. In 1993 he ran for President, but lost to MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party primary election. In 2007, he ran for Presidency under Action Congress, but lost to Umaru Yaradua of PDP, and coming behing ANPP’s General Buhari. In 2011 he ran for Presidency and lost to Jonathan in the contest for PDP ticket. In 2014, he ran again but lost to Muhammadu Buhari in the APC primary, coming behind second placed Rabiu Kwankwaso. Now he is eyeing 2019! What is Atiku looking for after serving as Vice President for eight years? What did he forget in the villa that he wants to go back to get?

Atiku is already 70, he will be 73 in 2019, he is not an outsider of the system (like the American Trump), what does he have to offer that he couldn’t offer as VeePee? What stops him from sharing his “developmental” ideas to the incumbents since 1999 (considering that he was always in the incumbent parties)? What stops Alhaji Atiku from grooming younger, smarter and intelligent politician for the plum job?

Like I said earlier in my first paragraph, I am not against the right of Atiku to seek office, but I am against the idea of him becoming President. Nigeria cannot afford to continue to rotate failures and grannies. We need generational shift in leadership, we need to retire the system elite and bring him visionaries in 2019.

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Political contest about who is better in service delivery between people that are interested in the office. It isn't something between Saint and Angel...

Remember that Buhari was accepted in 2015 simply because he has perceived to be better than former incumbent Goodluck Jonathan as at that time but prior to that, specifically in 2011, he was rejected in favor of same Jonathan.

People clamouring for Atiku are not doing it because they see messianic status in Atiku but because of the belief/perception that he will be better than what we have at present. Does that erode some of the perception of Atiku? ABSOLUTELY NO!

In fact, whether or not I support Atiku in the future, it will/may not change some fundamental perception I have of him as penned in that Article except I feel convinced otherwise.

Are you now calling your article you supported with valid proofs and links on why the man is unfit for the office, a mere perception? Wonderment!!!

I wouldn't have bothered pasting your essay here, if not for the effort you are making here to rebrand an expired good like Atiku.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

In 2011 Nigerians filed behind GEJ because they thought he was the Messiah and rejected Buhari who they saw as a problem. But 4 years later, same Buhari was perceived as the Messiah by majority and Jonathan was rejected by some of the people that stood for him, simply because they wanted Change and believe Buhari will offer it.

Now Atiku is on the lips of many, not because Atiku is a Messiah but simply because some of these people believe he has the magic wand to fix things (rightly or wrongly).

In democracies, people seek for alternative when there is perceived failure by the incumbent.

As for my piece, they remain valid until I decide otherwise. I'm not on Atiku payroll so I have my liberty to opinion as I deem fit...

Meanwhile, it will not stop me from supporting Atiku AGAINST Buhari in the future if need be

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Political contest is about who is better in service delivery between people that are interested in the office. It isn't something between Saint and Angel...

Remember that Buhari was accepted in 2015 simply because he was perceived to be better than former incumbent Goodluck Jonathan as at that time but prior to that, specifically in 2011, he was rejected in favor of same Jonathan.

People clamouring for Atiku are not doing it because they see messianic status in Atiku but because of the belief/perception that he will be better than what we have at present. Does that erode some of the perception they may have on Atiku? ABSOLUTELY NO!

You call that long article you wrote a mere perception? You are not making sense at all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Are you now calling your article you supported with valid proofs and links on why the man is unfit for the office, a mere perception? Wonderment!!!

I wouldn't have bothered pasting your essay here, if not for the effort you are making here to rebrand an expired good like Atiku.
The Article was aptly written and highly researched, but it isn't a justification for the continuous stay of Buhari and APC.

In 2014 I stated that "It is an indictment on Goodluck Jonathan that Nigerians will be looking up to General Muhammadu Buhari", and now I can confidently state that,

"It is an indictment on President Muhammadu Buhari for Nigerians to be looking up to Atiku Abubakar to rescue them from his grip".

Trust me, Atiku name would never have appeared on our political space if BUHARI had performed...

In fact, Nigerians would have been looking for a much younger successor

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Theakthedream: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lol
Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

In 2011 Nigerians filed behind GEJ because they thought he was the Messiah and rejected Buhari who they saw as a problem. But 4 years later, same Buhari was perceived as the Messiah by majority and Jonathan was rejected by some of the people that stood for him, simply because they wanted Change and believe Buhari will offer it.

Now Atiku is on the lips of many, not because Atiku is a Messiah but simply because some of these people believe he has the magic wand to fix things (rightly or wrongly).

In democracies, people seek for alternative when there is perceived failure by the incumbent.

As for my piece, they remain valid until I decide otherwise. I'm not on Atiku payroll so I have my liberty to opinion as I deem fit...

Meanwhile, it will not stop me from supporting Atiku AGAINST Buhari in the future if need be

Correction:' Atiku is only on the lips of IPOB Miscreants..

Atiku Can Never Win Any Election In Nigeria...

Then on your well researched article, you mean it is valid until you decide otherwise? I give up on you!

Wishing you success in your flip flop support for failures!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The Article was aptly written and highly researched, but it isn't a justification for the continuous stay of Buhari and APC.

In 2014 I stated that "It is an indictment on Goodluck Jonathan that Nigerians will be looking up to General Muhammadu Buhari", and now I can confidently state that,

"It is an indictment on President Muhammadu Buhari for Nigerians to be looking up to Atiku Abubakar to rescue them from his grip".

Trust me, Atiku name would never have appeared on our political space if BUHARI had performed...

See, as your struggling hard to disown your article and trying without success to find justification for supporting a man you called a Failed politician, some months ago... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by chibuzorAbia: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I am speechless and very painfully disappointed. Very disappointed. You have just lost your deposit with me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Atiku Can Never Win Any Election In Nigeria...

Then on your well researched article, you mean it is valid until you decide otherwise? I give up on you!

Wishing success in flip flop support for failures!

The article is well researched and highly valid...

However, it is my support for Atiku 2019 that will be determined by me if I'm convinced that it is in the best interest of Nigeria, PDP and myself (I have my interest though not selfish).

For now, I am NOT Atiku's supporter yet...

Correction:' Atiku is only on the lips of IPOB Miscreants..
Abeg free IPOB small... Make we focus on Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Theakthedream: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
That guy is a shameless hypocrite... At this rate, he will be worse than Atiku in Political jumpology.. Lol.

APC today, PDP tomorrow, APDA day after, then LP, AD, APGA, KOWA and so on till he retires from politics.. Lol

5 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Theakthedream: 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

However, it is my support for Atiku 2019 that will be determined by me if I'm convinced that it is in the best interest of Nigeria, PDP and myself (I have my interest though not selfish).

Election is coming and you want to now free Igbos because you know they are the ones supporting Atiku and Pdp.... Right? I dey shame for you oo..

6 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

See, as your struggling hard to disown your article and trying without success to find justification for supporting a man you called a Failed politician, some months ago... grin
Lol my friend, I haven't denied ANY of my articles, specifically, that piece is what I cherished... Perhaps, it will make him make adjustment if he ever come across it but I will NEVER disown it even if I stand before him today or IF I am his Campaign DG.

Instead, I'll advice him to improve on his lapses and be a better leader. I am never a sycophant and I give it hot "as e de hot". This is what I'm known for even in my PDP and my place of work.

Meanwhile, as per the bold, well THERE IS NO PERMANENT ENEMY OR FRIEND IN POLITICS! Ask Bola Tinubu and Elrufai

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Only people who don't understand fundamentals complain of Buhari performance. Nigeria foreign reserves have been growing monthly since December 2016 even at oil price of $50.

What many people are calling hardship is actually prudence of Buhari administration to structurally change our consumption of imported goods. Today Nigeria is looking inward in the real sector.

Those in the real sector are making huge profit under this Buhari govt.

Those complaining are those who created import base business with little or no added value. Those who created business around luxury because of easy dollars from oil during GEJ are still among those shouting.

The truth is that it is normal to have pain when you are moving away from easy and free money to hard earned money.

Even a baby of 10 years can run the govt in Jonathan way during the period of over $100 per barrel. GEJ govt was a govt of enjoyment without doing anything. The money came naturally without any input.

All the perceive good economy during Jonathan was just import and enjoy since we have dollar.

Today, we are in govt of reality. A govt of cut your coat according to your size. It is natural for people to complain.

One of the area I fault Buhari is in his area of slowness and his inability to eliminate the perception of his ethno religious bias. I also fault him on his inability to use his appointees as scape goat in his anti corruption war.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by usba: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Four Valid Reasons Nigeria Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock In 2019 By Tonybarcanista

1. Lack of Integrity:

2. Tribal Supremacism:

See disgrace, chiao tonye maka why?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

I am speechless and very painfully disappointed. Very disappointed. You have just lost your deposit with me.
Well, what can I say...

Anyway, I respect your decision even though I feel you did it unfairly
Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by JANK23H(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

No we cannot free IPOB miscreants, because they are crop of people giving you the air of confidence that Atiku can win Adamawa State in 2019..

Back to the topic, I have no doubt you will campaign for Atiku pre 2019, my only concern as a friend, is how you do manage to reconcile your conscience after moving 360 degrees on sensitive issues.....because we are still going to do a lot together outside Nairaland.

Shalom!

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's application letter to join the Nigerian Army / 2019: Why I Will Dump PMB And Work With Atiku - Tinubu / PDP, Nigerians Mocks Buhari, APC, Says “ibom Air Is Here, Where Is Nigeria Air?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.