Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? (15608 Views)

See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / The 9 Inventions Americans Think Are Mostly Likely To Happen In 50 Years / NB Weekly 7 - 7 Most Influential Tech Blogs In Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by Lakeland4321: 7:16pm On May 10, 2017
Dongreat:
Everybody keeps saying "electricity" and forgetting one major, "Penicillin". If this antibiotic wasn't innovated to treat varieties of bacteria, the smallest bacteria would have KO the population.
Also, the best is FIRE. This bad boy is still and will remain the best gift to mortal. We have to thank the cave men btw.

Ps: “Invention“ can be defined as the creation of a product or introduction of a process for the first time. “Innovation,” on the other hand, occurs if someone improves on or makes a significant contribution to an existing product, process or service.
Thank you for this quote. People forget that without the discovery of Antibiotics mankind would not have survived as a species. If your very existence is being threatened, how would you then enjoy the other good things discovered. As for me, after antibiotics and indeed other medical breakthroughs, writing is the 2nd most important feat by mankind. My people without the written language, we would not have been able to progress at all.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by cutegentility(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by 1metre: 10:21pm On May 10, 2017
tintingz:
Logic and reasoning.
logic and reasoning are neither invention nor innovation, rather they are the tools applied to achieve both.
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by shumuel(m): 12:23am On May 11, 2017
cutegentility:

BRO, I SALUTE O.
I wish to study that course. Please, can you enlighten me more about it. I also wish to know the difference btw comp engineer and elect/elect, can studying it made me to know abt programming?

Programming Language is under Computer science, but the good news is that you can always study such ICT courses anywhere, and also combine it with any course in the institution.

Com/Eng is all about studying on how to operate and repair a computer system and other Personal Computers(PCs) e.g phone & laptops, Pads e.t.c

while Elect/Elect is very wide, it's a bombination of Electrical Engr and Electronics Engr,, Electrical Engr is all about Power Generation & supply study, in which you would learn how Electricity is being generated and distributed, you'll also learn how to wire a house and connect to the service pole e.t.c you would also have to later chose between Power or Machine but thankfully it's now bombined as one,,, Electronic teaches you how to build and repair Electrical devices e.g TV, Radio, DVD, Fridge, Fan, A/C, DC/Car Battery, e.t.c you can even be taught how to build and repair PCs they are all under Electronics, you'll have to learn alot under Electronics it's a course on its own and very vast,, now under Electronic you'll have to chose between Communications, Physics & computations, Electronic, e.t.c, it's under communication you would learn Telecommunications and Transmission, Satalite e.t.c if you chose Communication you can work for telecomunication companies(MTN, Google, Dstv) or TV/Radio stations, but you'll have to climb Mass o grin , Physics and computation and Electronic; you can work for companies like Apple.inc, Tecno, Samsung, LG, e.t.c because you'll be taught more on Hybrid, Super computers, Phone technology e.t.c it all depend on your school and Lectura.

Elect/Elect is tough, more than Comp/engr because as of today you will also study some part of Comp/Engr in Elect/elect.

Hope this help in your decision grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by cutegentility(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by Ahijo1990(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2017
cutegentility:

In my own opinion, money is not an invention. It arises as a result of neccessity. If we said, 'money is an invention, then trade by barter is an invention.'
You mixed em up.

Trade by barter arose out of necessity.

Money as an instrument of exchange was and is still an artificial invention. It's general acceptability that keeps money going. Other than that, it's just a fickle piece of paper.
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by wemmy01(m): 12:32am On May 12, 2017
electricity and Internet God bless the Internet
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by cutegentility(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2017
Ahijo1990:

You mixed em up.

Trade by barter arose out of necessity.

Money as an instrument of exchange was and is still an artificial invention. It's general acceptability that keeps money going. Other than that, it's just a fickle piece of paper.
Ok, who invented it?
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by Stephanie22: 12:03pm On May 12, 2017
cutegentility:

I think, the existence water has proved it wrong.
Water? Can you see yourself clearly looking into water?
Re: What Do You Think Are The Two Most Influential Innovations On Human Life? by cutegentility(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2017
Stephanie22:
Water? Can you see yourself clearly looking into water?
partially

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand / Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. / Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.