Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,126 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Who Is Watching "American Gods" - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is Watching "American Gods" (29076 Views)

Download American Gods Season 01 - Episode 05 / Igbo Language Spoken In The Hit New TV Series, "American Gods" / The New Series American Gods S1e02 Is A Must Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Ignatio(m): 8:41am On Apr 10, 2018
Davidhero:
grin wink

So, I finished reading the book by Neil Gaiman, it explains everything.

Shadow is Odin's son(Mr Wednesday), Leprechaun got killed in the end including Mr. Wednesday, Mr world(Loki) is an old god. He and Odin were looking for blood and sacrifices, they acted the whole thing up to stir the war btwn the old and new gods.

Incase you need the soft copy, am willing to share! cool cool

chioceaser@gmail.com. pls send

1 Like

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Marvyx(m): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2018
Davidhero:
grin wink

Shadow is Odin's son(Mr Wednesday), Leprechaun got killed in the end including Mr. Wednesday, Mr world(Loki) is an old god. He and Odin were looking for blood and sacrifices, they acted the whole thing up to stir the war btwn the old and new gods.

Hi please can you send me a copy. My mail is Marvywisdom@gmail.com. thanks man.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by michae1004: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good.

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2018
When is season 2 coming out?
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Malawian(m): 1:01am On May 05, 2018
Pangea:
Bilquis na yoruba girl o!
Chai the girl don spoil finish!

Yetide Badaki: Nigeria’s Hollywood sweetheart

When news broke of Yetide Badaki being cast as Bilquis in the upcoming TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s bestseller ‘American Gods’, fans of the book went into a frenzy. The character, played by Nigerian-born Badaki, is an ancient deity of love who craves worship and stars in possibly the novel’s most-discussed sequence, in which she devours a man whole without opening her mouth. Suffice it to say, the character’s a real man-eater. When she was asked how old she was, the young actress laughed and answered: “Age is always a funny thing in the industry. I like to keep a little mystery on the subject so I can play with the idea of age in every role.” The answer was laced with humour, and it set the tone for the following interview, which the Ibadan-born Hollywood actress granted Daily Trust. Herewith, are excerpts:

Daily Trust: You were born in Ibadan. How old were you when you moved to England?
Yetide Badaki: I was 3 when I moved to England then moved back to Nigeria when I was 6. I came to the US when I was 12. I had a great childhood. I got to grow up around people of many different cultures and beliefs, as I attended an international school. I also had lots of relatives whom made childhood a beautiful, fun-filled adventure.
DT: How often do you visit Nigeria, and when was the last time you did?
Badaki: I haven’t had the chance to go back since my sister’s wedding in 2006. Scheduling has been really tough. When I lived with my parents, we would always go back at least once a year.
DT: Have you ever been offered a part in a Nigerian movie?
Badaki: Sadly, no. People ask all the time if I ever have done one but I have never been offered a role.
DT: Are there any Nigerian movie directors whose work you like, and would like to work with someday?
Badaki: Andrew Dosunmu is doing some really interesting work. I’d love to work with him some day.
DT: How old were you when you decided to pursue a career in acting?
Badaki: Funny enough, I’ve wanted to act since I was six-years-old.
DT: You’ve done tons of great theatre work. How are you able to juggle stage, TV and film?
Badaki: I wish I could say I was some great master-planner, but honestly it has all just worked out.
DT: Your being picked to play fan-favourite character Bilquis in the TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods is generating tons of positive buzz. How did you prepare for the role?
Badaki: I train. I have an MFA in Theater. I do play readings wherever I can and just try and keep my instrument sharp. There is this wonderful acting studio in North Hollywood called The BGB studio. I was in class weekly.
DT: Did you read ‘American Gods’ prior to being cast as Bilquis, or was it your first time experiencing Gaiman’s work?
Badaki: I’m actually a huge sci-fi and fantasy geek, so I had read the book previously. I also am a fan of his musings in general. I sent a quote of his to myself at the end of 2015 to inspire me for the coming year. I guess it did a little more than inspire.
DT: Have you ever met Gaiman?
Badaki: He was at Comic-Con too. He’s a wonderful guy. Intelligent, warm and witty. It really is a pleasure getting to play in a world he has created.
DT: Was this year’s your first Comic-Con?
Badaki: Yes, it was, and I completely geeked out. Such a wonderful experience, filled with passionate people who are so filled with joy and love. I loved it!
DT: As an English Literature graduate, you must’ve read a ton of cool books. Did you also get into comic books and graphic novels?
Badaki: I love to read. Books have always been a great escape for me. I’ve read comics and graphic novels that I’ve enjoyed, but ultimately I have to admit that my favourite thing is a nice, thick book. That way, I don’t have to worry about it ending for a good, long time.

Source: Dailytrust
So a Yoruba girl was swallowing people with her puccy? whats new?
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2018
NPComplete:

Odin is a war god. I didnt mention anything about God of War. Vikings actually love to die in warfare so they can be raised by Odin and dine with him in Valhalla and also fight on his side when Ragnarok comes. Only those who die in warfare qualify for such glorious ressurection.
Mr World isn't Loki.
Loki is Shadow's cellmate in prison. He was the one who gave him the immortal advice: Do not piss off those bitches at the airport. His name in the movie will give u a hint he is Loki

It's low key
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by NPComplete: 2:56pm On May 05, 2018
oyetpel:

It's low key

Low Key is Loki from Norse mythology. They weren't even trying to hide it. That's why I am calling him the normal way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Moneyboyz: 9:57pm On May 05, 2018
This is one of the worst TV series I've ever watched..
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 05, 2018
Moneyboyz:

Then I have to commend your taste because if this series as good as it is don't cut it with you.. That means that you have never watched many series at all
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by bakayokoko: 10:11pm On May 05, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Then I have to commend your taste because if this series as good as it is don't cut it with you.. That means that you have never watched many series at all

SCAMMER!
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2018
Moneyboyz:

Guy what do you like, to think you also hate Black Panther .
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Hunry: 10:55pm On May 05, 2018
alexistaiwo:

wen u go send my share
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 05, 2018
Davidhero:
grin wink

Shadow is Odin's son(Mr Wednesday), Leprechaun got killed in the end including Mr. Wednesday, Mr world(Loki) is an old god. He and Odin were looking for blood and sacrifices, they acted the whole thing up to stir the war btwn the old and new gods. Hi

Is that why you are posting spoilers enh ... Some people sef na wa ohhh.

Like seriously that's just childish and immature .

Like wtf man ...
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by funnynation(m): 7:17am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Oga pay me my money. Stop this your attitude
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by funnynation(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Alexistaiwoojuboy@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Bring our money back. You can't take what belongs to me
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 7:41am On May 06, 2018
funnynation:

Oga pay me my money. Stop this your attitude

Actually I planned on sending you that level out of my personal pocket because like I said earlier I thought you were the same person with the FunnyDude moniker.

I swear to God if you spam my mention again.
You can as well forget about that level.

On top how much
Guy respect your age Abeg
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by LegallyBlunt: 7:46am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Actually I planned on sending you that level out of my personal pocket because like I said earlier I thought you were the same person with the FunnyDude moniker.

On top how much
3189447 b9ja bro, pls help. nothing is too small. t5hanks
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by funnynation(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

On top how much

Guy nothing like forget it. You have your own share. Send me my own no matter how little. That's my share, unless you connived with FunnyDude to scam me
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by funnynation(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Am still waiting
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by FunnyDude(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2018
funnynation:

Guy nothing like forget it. You have your own share. Send me my own no matter how little. That's my share, unless you connived with FunnyDude to scam me
funnynation please respect yourself make i nor change am for you.. Why are you saying Alexistaiwo connived with me. Like wtf!!! On top 1k? I take God beg if u no want thunder fire your ticket henceforth no lie against me again
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 10:12am On May 06, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Guy what of my money.... Abeg give me wetin belong to me...my name dey ur list and yet u dey snub me
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Davidhero(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hello guys;

Wow, it has been really long since someone posted here.

Anyways, goodnews!!!

Season 2E01 has been released.

Cheers***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by homesteady(m): 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
Davidhero:
Hello guys;

Wow, it has been really long since someone posted here.

Anyways, goodnews!!!

Season 2E01 has been released.

Cheers***

Osheyyyyy!!!!
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by jeik6: 7:05am On Mar 13, 2019
homesteady:

Osheyyyyy!!!!
Just finished ep1 of season 2
The war has begun

1 Like

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by barackodam: 10:45am On Mar 13, 2019
I saw that it has resumed too. But I haven't downloaded it.

I hope the 2 year wait would be totally worth it!
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by maidaboi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
Davidhero:
grin wink

abednegomaida1@gmail.com
pls help me
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by homesteady(m): 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
jeik6:

Just finished ep1 of season 2
The war has begun

Yesssssss! The long awaited war..

I'm already licking my lips. I'm just wondering what shape the war will take.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Davidhero(m): 2:20am On Mar 14, 2019
maidaboi:
abednegomaida1@gmail.com
pls help me

Sorry bro, I no longer have it.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Topmaike007(m): 7:19am On Mar 14, 2019
I need to start watching the series now
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Marvyx(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2019
The movie is really following the book save for a few scenes. But I'm thinking they might change a lot of things to bring in suspense. Coz people like me that have finished the book won't really be surprised at the outcome if they act all of it with the story line from the book.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by newguy1(m): 6:37am On Apr 13, 2019
so episode 5,6 and 7 was leaked out for about 4days now.its seems guys are losing interest in the American gods which is sad I thought the season 2 is way much more interesting than the first n a good story
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Davidhero(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2019
newguy1:
so episode 5,6 and 7 was leaked out for about 4days now.its seems guys are losing interest in the American gods which is sad I thought the season 2 is way much more interesting than the first n a good story

Yeah, I saw the same thing.

It's getting boring at some point, everyone is waiting for the war between the gods. I think Ep5, 6,7 was just wasted. All those scene/information could have been passed in just one episode.

I shall Know the end of the story, so no thrill.
Make I kukuma wait for GOT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Boondocks / FCCPC Opens Investigation On DSTV, GOTV, Others / Why I Quit Channels TV – Deji-Bademosi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.