Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again (4427 Views)

Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry / Picture Of A Senior Citizen Carrying An Enlarged Pic Of Buhari @ Lagos APC Rally / APC Leader "Brutalises" Journalist (Live Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by danexd(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2010
i am deeply saddened by this news, the worse thing is that i typical Nigerian civilian mind believes that the men in uniform can do anything and go away with it, imagine the statement***Do u know I can kill you and nothing will happen***I must add that it is us the civilians that are giving those men what they do not have. Nigeria is a failed state where anything can happen accepted** but we must make our dignity as human beings also to disappear because Nigeria is a failed state.****it not my business i heard some people saying, lets make it our business cos it can happen to any body in a different way.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Choco5: 10:12am On Jan 10, 2010
How is he a Nigerian citizen?
Abeg beat all these modafukers black and blue and send them abck to America
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by invisible2(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2010
Happens every day, lawless country.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by otawa: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2010
He said that when the family went to LASUTH to claim Peter’s body for burial, the hospital authorities told them that it had been buried in a mass grave.
He said: “We have repeatedly requested the production of Peter Ede’s body but to no avail. Similarly, the authorities have not acceded to the family’s demand for compensation. This is the scenario that led to the death of Peter Ede’s father, Joseph Ede, who was heartbroken.

Most sad.

As per this post. It is shocking.

But until NIGERIANS stand up, nothing we change.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by xterra2(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2010
Other people that think private people can arrest/prosecute nigerians dont know what they are saying?There is no law to that effect and if that even happen(the arrest)it will illegal and the person can sue and win damages or better still,be regarded as Kidnapping and if it happen in some states there will be death sentence.Think again?

Onlytruth:

It doesn't matter much until he is convicted (our courts are getting bolder these days, if you doubt that go ask Bode George). When he serves between 5 to 10 years for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, believe me others like him would learn. After his conviction, his estate will be confiscated to pay for all these plus damages.
Okay how about i say go ask James Ibori??huh
And to the victim i say WELCOME TO NAIJA -i dont blame him he stays in US and thinking that by reporting it will be solved yes of course it will be but in US not Naija he needs to know he is not in US but in 9JA where anything can happen.Nothin will come out of this case i bet you people. Again i WELCOME the man to NAIJA.he should take heart and not waste his vacation days prosecuting a non-prosecutable case.
NAIJA 4 LYFE
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by AloyEmeka3: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

This "general" doesn't seem like the honorable one you mentioned. His impunity betrays him as one of those involved in oil bunkering and other shady deals. Something is pumping his ego.
His ego needs to be brought under the law.

Honorable or not, it depends on the portfolio they handled while in office. If the military "big boys" don't like him, he will retire a broke a*s*s general .
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Onlytruth(m): 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2010
xterra2:

Other people that think private people can arrest/prosecute nigerians dont know what they are saying?There is no law to that effect and if that even happen(the arrest)it will illegal and the person can sue and win damages or better still,be regarded as Kidnapping and if it happen in some states there will be death sentence.Think again?

Thanks for the information. Maybe someone should pick up on the idio.c'y of that fact to create a law making it possible for civilian bounty hunters to bring these types of i'di'ots to justice.
Mind you that nature abhors vacuums. If these types of things continue to go unaddressed, people will definitely form private armies to start seeking vengeance. The government should act fast.

Okay how about i say go ask James Ibori??huh
And to the victim i say WELCOME TO NAIJA -i dont blame him he stays in US and thinking that by reporting it will be solved yes of course it will be but in US not Naija he needs to know he is not in US but in 9JA where anything can happen.Nothin will come out of this case i bet you people. Again i WELCOME the man to NAIJA.he should take heart and not waste his vacation days prosecuting a non-prosecutable case. 
NAIJA 4 LYFE

So Nigeria is a jungle for life  grin grin grin populated by cavemen who suck in and enjoy brutality and subjugation.
It baffles me that it is diaspora Nigerians that even bother to address these types of issues. Nigeria is really cursed and I pity my family in Nigeria. Much of what I advocate here is because of concerns for them.
My mum once told me that she would never be happy in heaven if one of her children ended up in hell. I guess the same feelings propel me here.

Sad sad sad cry cry cry
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Mekusxyz: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
otawa:

Most sad.

As per this post. It is shocking.

But until NIGERIANS stand up, nothing we change.

That is why this man is standing up. That is why citizen Uzoma beaten up by Navy man Arogundade stood up.

Very sad indeed, but, at least, the mad shooter got himself a life jail (in a naija prison oh!) and dismissal from the navy. I think he is a big loser too. The victim in the current episode will most likely get some justice because he is not a poor Nigerian (+American) and the current IGP is his relation, plus the hell that could be raised, him being an Ame citizen too. Ame does not joke with their citizens. If anything, the mad general may not get an Ame visa in his lifetime.

Furthermore, as we read, the offending army general is retired and if the victim does not relent in pursuing the case, the military will soon abandon the retired man to his fate. Then he will be left alone to carry his troubles. Does anyone know what became of Uzoma’s case? Navy army Arogundade is still having his day in court, but I bet he will be dismissed, at least.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Onlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
Mekusxyz:

That is why this man is standing up. That is why citizen Uzoma beaten up by Navy man Arogundade stood up.

Very sad indeed, but, at least, the mad shooter got himself a life jail (in a naija prison oh!) and dismissal from the navy. I think he is a big loser too. The victim in the current episode will most likely get some justice because he is not a poor Nigerian (+American) and the current IGP is his relation, plus the hell that could be raised, him being an Ame citizen too. Ame does not joke with their citizens. If anything, the mad general may not get an Ame visa in his lifetime.

Furthermore, as we read, the offending army general is retired and if the victim does not relent in pursuing the case, the military will soon abandon the retired man to his fate. Then he will be left alone to carry his troubles. Does anyone know what became of Uzoma’s case? Navy army Arogundade is still having his day in court, but I bet he will be dismissed, at least.

Thanks Mekus!
I pity some of my people because of their thinking style. Bottomline is that if this guy stays focused and relentless in his pursuit of justice, he will get it, even in the jungle of Nigeria! I don't care who this "general" is. It all begins and ends in the victims determination to obtain justice. This brute is vulnerable on several fronts! Bring down some heat on him and watch while even his bodyguards abandon him. lmao! grin
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by AloyEmeka3: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Case is still on and she seems to be winning so far unless miracle happens, the guys involved may soon join Uncle Bode in Kirikiri.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by chiketee(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2010
if this case is swept under d carpet like other cases, i swear i will move to ghana
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Dede1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2010
The murderous and brutal excesses of the dullards in Nigerian military and police uniforms should have been curtailed if the Nigerian citizens were permitted to own and carry concealed weapons.

The power-drunk Nigerian military and para-military people understand the vulnerability of unarmed populace and decide to take undue advantage of such regrettable situation. In a country such as USA, both military and paramilitary people are overly cautious when approaching civilians that transgressed talk less of civilians under the umbrella of the law. 

I have repeatedly stated that Nigeria is common jungle and not even a game park.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Omolulu(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
Choco5:

How is he a Nigerian citizen?
Abeg beat all these modafukers black and blue and send them abck to America
thats hard my person! take am easy, by thee time these generals beat our pple in diaspora, i no go dey see my xmas gift collect o! grin
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Omolulu(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2010
but really that's a disgrace of the highest order, when a retired general dey act like lastma with im boyz, where does hope lie again?
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Dede1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2010
May God bless the boys of January 15, 1966 coup. One of reasons that spurred them to partake in that coup was lowering the standards required of the officer cadets before joining the military. The government of Tafawa Balewa cheapened the selection process so that many northern Nigerian school leavers that would not ordinarily have been selected as officer cadets were accepted instead. It is not a surprise that Nigerian army has produced the largest number of officers that lacked honor, integrity and discipline
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Choco5: 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2010
^ You must have been very young when all this was happening, how do youu remember so vivdly?
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Ellyptical: 1:24am On Jan 11, 2010
The General Olajide can as well forget about going to the US. The US is particular about its citizens and the victim is one, irrespective of whether he naturalized there or was born to American parents.
Once he reports to the Embassy and can provide sufficient evidence, the Embassy will 'PERMANENTLY BAR' the Olajide tout from entering the US.
Watch out and see.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by RichyBlacK(m): 3:36am On Jan 11, 2010
Oh well, one more reason why I'll continue living outside Nigeria. That jungle called Nigeria is a disgrace to all primates.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by AloyEmeka3: 5:17am On Jan 11, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Oh well, one more reason why I'll continue living outside Nigeria. That jungle called Nigeria is a disgrace to all primates.

You better come back home before the oil money dries up.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by 77ken: 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
The so-called retired general no de shame, no be im mate get private jets, if e no go fit de civil queue up he for charter flight, he is a useless man hope the case goes to court and he and his goons are dealt with appropriately.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Omolulu(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
Aloy`Emeka:

hahahahahahahaha!! lol
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by DoubleN(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
This bunch of gun trotting,uniform wearing mofos have coma again!!
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by atilla(m): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2010
[size=8pt]''a Retired brigadier general

After watching the tape, he told Onyeanusi and the police that the name of the General was wrong, but confirmed that the man is no longer in service''
[/size]

This guy is no longer even in the service and he managed to do this. Imagine the guys that are in service nko?? from the beginning im sure the complainant would not even have gotten on the flight, he probably would have been detained in a cell at lagos.

na wa o, naija
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Bukittes(f): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
You know the funny thing about this country is the fact that this guy (general) might go scotfree.What kind of a country is this abeg? Disgracing ourselves at every available opportunity!!!
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by koolchicco: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
Aloy`Emeka:

Emeka u funny die. grin grin grin grin
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by papabaks(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
This is ridiculous, very unbelievable,

I think this country need to be REFORMATTED, undecided
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by joshO: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
This is the type of battle a respectable athorney general would take up. PROTECTING AND SERVING THE PEOPLE who pay him. Instead the man is busy hounding Ribadu and El Rufai thousands of miles away while protecting criminals like Ibori and ex governors. 

The only thing that baffles me in all of this is how tolerant we are, how much rubbish we are willing to take as a people. Where is the outrage? Is it beyond us too pay assassins to eliminate public officials and goons like these?. I know it's not that difficult as most of them are not as protected / secure as they think they are.  It's only drastic action like this that'll convince our rulers and abusers of power that we have lost faith in the system and that enough is enough.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by emiemi(f): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2010
papabaks:

This is ridiculous, very unbelievable,

I think this country need to be REFORMATTED, undecided

I wish that was a possibility!  undecided It would have solve the problem once and for all. At least
we'll start up afresh then. Arghhh
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by mikeoscar: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
"Uche Onyeanusi, brother in-law to the Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Onovo, was beaten into coma by two soldiers on alighting from Arik flight W3161 which he boarded in Lagos"

Ehn, na, since the IG still dey Service of the Country and na the guy inlaw, make Him helep to arrest and Prosecute Mr rtd General now, abi e hard pass dis one ??
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Lagosboy: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
I think its high time the adresses of this military guys are traced and their house and famliy mobbed. 2 soldier guards cannot handle a mob of hundred people. If one or two generals are taught the lessons of their life they would all think twice before doing such things again. This generals deserve jungle justice as they are men from the jungle, their cars burnt , houses razed it is only then they would fear "people Power"
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by hackney(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
@poster
That is why you better land your own punches in time because
investigation does not lead anywhere in that dump. (the police will even collect money from him in his stupor)

I no fit laff abeg una.
(this is not funny oo!! Kai!!!!)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Unfolds Electricity Blueprint Amid Workers Strike ! / Indigine Vs Settler / Ibadan Flood: Houses To Be Demolished In 7 Days - Gov. Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.