Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again (4428 Views)

Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry / Picture Of A Senior Citizen Carrying An Enlarged Pic Of Buhari @ Lagos APC Rally / APC Leader "Brutalises" Journalist (Live Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by axeman85(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
so sad again, let the guy report to the us embassy as he is a yankee citizen and they can follow due legal redress on this issue which might even get the so called general banned for entering the us as its a criminal offence. grevious bodily harm, which was stated by the general . naija again. not good.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by kobikwelu(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
Mustafa was trained by the Mossad, KGB and the North Korean intelligence[quote][/quote]

WTF!!!!

if ur info is correct(which i seriously doubt), then the guy was very very good.

mr alloy emeka

i need evidence to the above
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Onlytruth(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
joshO:

The only thing that baffles me in all of this is how tolerant we are, how much rubbish we are willing to take as a people. Where is the outrage? Is it beyond us too pay assassins to eliminate public officials and goons like these?. I know it's not that difficult as most of them are not as protected / secure as they think they are.  It's only drastic action like this that'll convince our rulers and abusers of power that we have lost faith in the system and that enough is enough.

Lagosboy:

I think its high time the adresses of this military guys are traced and their house and famliy mobbed. 2 soldier guards cannot handle a mob of hundred people. If one or two generals are taught the lessons of their life they would all think twice before doing such things again. This generals deserve jungle justice as they are men from the jungle, their cars burnt , houses razed it is only then they would fear "people Power"

This is precisely why we need laws allowing private citizens to arrest and prosecute a potential criminal or a fugitive of the law. The "general" would be lucky if his victim in this case is only going the legal route. People have been killed in Nigeria for a paltry N20,000.
It is dangerous to leave people to their fates in things like these. The law must be elastic and resilient to the point where criminals know there is no escape for them. Until we start dealing with people like these, ordinary powerless Nigerians are doomed. This victim should pursue this criminal "general" relentlessly until he is brought down.
This "general" together will all his type belongs in jail.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2010
like most posters will agree,  S.hit happens everyday in Naija.

1: Question a car driving against traffic (for no reason obviously) and you will surely get 2-3 hot slaps and a boot to the nuts (if it is in the morning)
2: Wear a fashion clothing with green or desert camouflage design (you will surely get beaten to a vegetable pulp)
3: Make a soldier repeat a question no matter how silly (You will get beaten until you answer the question,  no matter how silly)
4: Walk up to a girl on the street and ask for her number,  you will be visited by her military boy-friends who will polish the caps of their boots on your chin

When you encounter a Military personnel in plain-clothes or uniform,  always assume the position (regardless of your position) cower like a rain-beaten dog in the cold and sputter,  sorry Sir! Yes Sir! I am sooo sorry,  leaning downwards and covering your face with one hand and your t.esticles with the other.

If you cannot recognize a military personnel in plain clothes, here are some tips,  they will most likely be
1: low-cut and clean-shaven with bloodshot eyes
2: low-cut and clean-shaven with clear eyes but an impatient look (like he is late for a parade)
3: they will have supreme confidence to call you with one finger (this is your cue act like a rain-beaten dog)

Friendly advise,  never, ever mess with a Military personnel (Male or Female),  always beg when you realize your folly (attempt at fighting for your civil rights,  it always fails)
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Outstrip(f): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
NIGERIA IS A bleeping JUNGLE. These people wake up in the morning and behave this way and somehow in their head they think they are something meanwhile everybody else in the world looks at them like stinking amoral animals. No shame whatsoever. I am ashamed of that country.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by sendtodeji: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2010
The comments and attitude portrayed here shows the level to which Nigeria has degraded. We are quick to condemn the leadership when, in fact, we are the ones giving them the opportunity to treat us as if they can exist without us. I once put out a request for a Civil lawyer who can help defend against police brutality. I'm yet to get any response from our learned colleagues to the clarion call to help defend the helpless. We want things to change while at the same time we keep doing the same old silly things that we do. Yeah, no one wants to die, including me but we shouldn't just resign to a self-inflicted fate. The whole event was caught on tape yet the security refuses to release the tap. What is the whole purpose of security at that airport? I wish someone had a cell phone capable of recording the event and posting it on Youtube or CNN iReport has was done in the case of Uzoma. The international exposure given to her case made it to garner the attention that it has till today. It would have simply been swept under the carpet if the video had not publicly been revealed.

If we truly want things to change for the better in Nigeria, it's high time we start doing the right things. It's high time we start being reactive and proactive. Tomorrow, our government will come out and start asking people in diaspora to come and invest in the country. How will they listen to such calls when they know that brutality and oppression is the only they can look forward to? Nigeria is not owned by a single class of individuals. "We the people" make up the entity called Nigeria. However, we have willingly allowed ourselves to be violated by an uncultured and primitive few. People who, in a true society where things work by merit, will not even have a place!

Solution - Reformat

Yes, we can reformat Nigeria by reformatting every single apparatus in the country. A retired general can wreak havoc of this magnitude when he knows that he still has some boys who recognizes him in the barracks. How about infusing new blood into the entire military system? We retire everyone of them and bring in new ones who are well trained and cultured in the honorable profession of defense. That way, all the "kings that knew Joseph" will no longer exist in the barracks. How about having a law that bans any retired uniformed officer from using military personnel to oppress people? The punishment for violation should be capital or life imprisonment.

I truly love Nigeria but unfortunately, news like this make me want to disown my country of birth. In fact, I probably should be considering the possibility of retiring in Ghana or any other African country where human life is valued and respected. Let it be known that no one, I repeat, no one else can help us take what rightfully belongs to us except we do so ourselves. I have a post on how we can go about doing that.

God bless us all.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Onlytruth(m): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^
Until Nigerians start being resilient and relentless about the pursuit of justice, these types of things would never stop.
Of course I agree that the materials in the military and paramilitary should be massively overhauled (retire or fire everyone without adequate education, there are millions of jobless graduates in Nigeria), but if ordinary people don't stand up to say enough, these things can never stop.

I still insist on a law allowing a private company to arrest and prosecute criminals in Nigeria. There are too many unemployed Nigerians and this is one avenue for employing them. The worst that can happen is that crime and unemployment rates will decrease. I want to start such a business in Nigeria. Even kidnapping will stop because private companies can employ more sophisticated ways of tracking down such criminals.
The only thing the government needs to do is build more jails/prisons and provide more protection to judges,  then stand back and watch the magic.
The government should pay for each criminal successfully convicted. In the case of rich criminals, their assets should be "garnished" or confiscated to be used to pay for their conviction and other punitive damages (where applicable).

We can cry all we want, but if we don't change our thinking, we will remain hostages to these goons.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by CarlosVent(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
those army people can go wire some times
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2010
all dis naija forces r so crude-military men,navy,police. dey like showing their 'state of nature tendencies'i dont know whether during their training dey lived in a jungle were 'might is right'.dey r so despecable.dis naval issue were a lady was being assaulted n stripped naked in public here in lagos has not even being over now d military.i wonder when dis madness will be over.anywayz i dont see forces as normal human beings who should be living in a society like any oda person.dey should have their barracks n community else were,far from were normal thinking people stay.forces in canada dat i know of r so courteous even 2 a fault but here their brains have been replaced by dat of animals during their training so wen dey r in public dey exhibit their animalistic traits,even though dey r in human body grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wot a pity!!!!dats y dey have a pathetic life wen dey retire grin grin grin grin grin grin and their kids r usually notin 2 write home about because dey've offended so many people n somebody somewere will have cursed dem
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by mamagee3(f): 2:01am On Jan 12, 2010
Saddam Hussein copycat has evolved. sad
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by bkbaybe99: 5:02am On Jan 12, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

like most posters will agree,  S.hit happens everyday in Naija.

1: Question a car driving against traffic (for no reason obviously) and you will surely get 2-3 hot slaps and a boot to the nuts (if it is in the morning)
2: Wear a fashion clothing with green or desert camouflage design (you will surely get beaten to a vegetable pulp)
3: Make a soldier repeat a question no matter how silly (You will get beaten until you answer the question,  no matter how silly)
4: Walk up to a girl on the street and ask for her number,  you will be visited by her military boy-friends who will polish the caps of their boots on your chin

When you encounter a Military personnel in plain-clothes or uniform,  always assume the position (regardless of your position) cower like a rain-beaten dog in the cold and sputter,  sorry Sir! Yes Sir! I am sooo sorry,  leaning downwards and covering your face with one hand and your t.esticles with the other.

If you cannot recognize a military personnel in plain clothes, here are some tips,  they will most likely be
1: low-cut and clean-shaven with bloodshot eyes
2: low-cut and clean-shaven with clear eyes but an impatient look (like he is late for a parade)
3: they will have supreme confidence to call you with one finger (this is your cue act like a rain-beaten dog)

Friendly advise,  never, ever mess with a Military personnel (Male or Female),  always beg when you realize your folly (attempt at fighting for your civil rights,  it always fails)

lol.hahahahahahhahaha. lol. i almost had a fit from laughing so hard. lol. i hear my dad and his friends talk about stuff like this all the time.lol. I know I aint going to Nigeria anytime soon cus I'll probably get killed out there. Imagine some military dude touching me, I'ma swing back at him thinking Im back in the states, then I'll get my head kicked in or they'll justt shoot me. eff that, I'll just stay here and try to dodge gang wars, at least I know if I dont go to they part of town or disrespect they colors aint nobod gone try to shoot me.lol
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by RichyBlacK(m): 5:27am On Jan 12, 2010
bk_baybe99:

lol.hahahahahahhahaha. lol. i almost had a fit from laughing so hard. lol. i hear my dad and his friends talk about stuff like this all the time.lol. I know I aint going to Nigeria anytime soon cus I'll probably get killed out there. Imagine some military dude touching me, I'ma swing back at him thinking Im back in the states, then I'll get my head kicked in or they'll justt shoot me. eff that, I'll just stay here and try to dodge gang wars, at least I know if I dont go to they part of town or disrespect they colors aint nobod gone try to shoot me.lol

My dear, stay where you are and leave that horrible jungle called Nigeria for the beasts that run the show there.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by hollandis(f): 5:34am On Jan 12, 2010
I dont blame the man or the guy he pumelled.I blame the stupid bystanders who watch helplessly as a man is being treated like an animal.The stupid people call themselves ''civilized''
Walahi if i dey there,i for kill person.Only 2 moplo imagine
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

I dont blame the man or the guy he pumelled.I blame the silly bystanders who watch helplessly as a man is being treated like an animal.The silly people call themselves ''civilized''
Walahi if i dey there,i for kill person.Only 2 moplo imagine

I was driving to LUTH via Lawanson when some traffic at a crucial junction sprang-up due to fuel queues. A smartly dressed military personnel came up to a car that was stuck in the middle of the road blocking traffic from the intersecting road (that had a military truck trying to get in). He stepped up to the window and asked the Driver (quite politely) Move back, The driver who had kids in the car (most likely his) pointed to the car in front of him and behind saying that there is no space. The military guy barked once more MOVE BACK!!! and the driver insisted that there was no space, before you could say "WMDs cost me the parliament", he received a slap and a punch (because slapping a guy in a car is not as effective). The guy behind, obviously shocked and furious,came out in protest challenging the military guy, My word! i did not realize that the entire Idi-Araba environs is filled with Military people in plain clothes, they pounced on the guy and pushed him into a nearby gutter. they dragged the other guy out of the car and beat the bjesus out of him and pushed his car to the side of the road, his kids were still crying when i drove past. everybody was watching and people simply hissed their discontent from afar.

How many civilians did it take for the OBJ government to commit genocide on the village of ODI (4 and 2,500+ civilians died) , everybody knows not to mess with a man in uniform. even LASTMA and KAI can be very violent
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by KMVBO(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2010
@ poster. that is one thing i wont take in life. Nigeria is a jungle and you should use a jungle justice, first know the identity of the idiot, his house, where he lives, family etc, use money to get these imfos. There are many ways to deal with the idiot, i dont belive in our justice or our police, they can easyly be bought. You will be dissappointed in Nigerian justice if you go that road.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by okunoba(m): 4:24am On Jan 13, 2010
While i condemn strongly the behaviour of this military officer and hope he goes to jail, I would also like to draw attention to the issue of power show and violence in our society.

Violence breeds violence and we must do everything in our power to stop it in our society. We can only do this by looking in the mirror, to make a change we  need to start with ourselves. Think next time when u beat those people under u, may they be your driver, house help, junior staff, kids and those accused of stealing who we love to kill on the spot whenever we get the chance. We as a people love to beat in dealing with problems, we learn from a very early age to deal with issues through violence. Parents beat u, teachers beat u, friends beat u, police beat u, relatives beat u, neighbors also beat u, u too go beat who u fit beat, the whole society is based on violence. We need to cultivate a culture of dialogue and reasoning instead of violence. 

When last did u raise your hands on anybody? That is looking in the mirror.
We too dey beat 4 Nigeria and must of us are guilty of it.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by papabaks(m): 10:00am On Jan 13, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I was driving to LUTH via Lawanson when some traffic at a crucial junction sprang-up due to fuel queues. A smartly dressed military personnel came up to a car that was stuck in the middle of the road blocking traffic from the intersecting road (that had a military truck trying to get in). He stepped up to the window and asked the Driver (quite politely) Move back, The driver who had kids in the car (most likely his) pointed to the car in front of him and behind saying that there is no space. The military guy barked once more MOVE BACK!!! and the driver insisted that there was no space, before you could say "WMDs cost me the parliament", he received a slap and a punch (because slapping a guy in a car is not as effective). The guy behind, obviously shocked and furious,came out in protest challenging the military guy, My word! i did not realize that the entire Idi-Araba environs is filled with Military people in plain clothes, they pounced on the guy and pushed him into a nearby gutter. they dragged the other guy out of the car and beat the bjesus out of him and pushed his car to the side of the road, his kids were still crying when i drove past. everybody was watching and people simply hissed their discontent from afar.

How many civilians did it take for the OBJ government to commit genocide on the village of ODI (4 and 2,500+ civilians died) , everybody knows not to mess with a man in uniform. even LASTMA and KAI can be very violent

I THINK THE GOV. NEED TO LICENSE GUNS FOR EVERY BODY THAT CAN AFFORD IT, WITH THIS OUR POLICE AND MILITARY MEN WILL BE VERY MUCH CAREFUL ON WRONG APPROACH ON ANY NIGERIANS.

THIS JUST TOO BAD!!!

papa
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by Wylout: 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
I've got a 2 snipers and a night vision binoculars, all a need is partner with a bottle of vodka , lets hunt d bloody general down!!!
Whose with me?
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by mubaraqqq(f): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
it all starts from the top, we have leaders at the top that glorifies this kind of behaviors which makes it acceptable to the culture. Our leaders believe they are untouchable and they should not be held accountable. Case in point our president. So when you have that kind of behavior from the top what else do you expect from the followers.
Re: General Brutalises Innocent Citizen Again by ayinba1(f): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
@onlytruth,

I like the way you are thinking. It is sad though that the majority are saying "let things be as they are"
How about a different angle for the bootyhunter. Right now, there is no law allowing it. But can the firm represent the client as his/her lawyer, get the perpertrator as you described, haul him to court (before that, have him pay some money for the damages) and see what gives?

I don't know if the court will favor the victim but we Nigerians may have to take our own fate in our hands. Enacting a law takes legislators, I emailed each one of them since December 2009, I have 3 responses so far.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cbn Directive: Uba Names Philip Oduoza New Md / Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders / Fatal Accident Today. @ Ugwu Onyeama Enugu...(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.