Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Trouble makers in marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trouble makers in marriages (901 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouble makers in marriages by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 10, 2017
So I hadn't seen my aunt for a while and she came to visit over the weekend. While we were chatting someone called her and they began to talk.

It seems they hadn't seen in a while but I knew it was a male voice at the other end of the line. As their conversation was about to end he said "I love you" she said "I love you too"

I know this my aunt quite well, she is a mature woman, married to a pastor. I am 99.9% sure that there is nothing romantic going on between her and that caller but the issue here is why will someone who is of the opposite sex and isn't your relative be saying such? If I didn't know this woman well I would have thought otherwise.

I'm guessing he was a former member of her church who hasn't seen her in a while but I wondered if her husband was around such things can build suspicion in some insecure people

Some human beings just know how to cause trouble for others.
Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 10, 2017
Your aunty that replied should be flogged 2017 times... angry

Troublemakers will cause trouble when you give them way.

6 Likes

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Abee79(m): 3:51pm On May 10, 2017
There is really nothing wrong with loving another person with the love of the Lord. There is nothing wrong with saying that on phone too. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by sisisioge: 4:21pm On May 10, 2017
grin grin grin

They might have been sharing the love of Christ. But I think they are both definitely asking for trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Acidosis(m): 5:15pm On May 10, 2017
Too many assumptions. might be her younger brother, son, cousin or something.

1 Like

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Fadamant: 5:24pm On May 10, 2017
Your aunt is looking for trouble herself. The man on the other end did not force her to say. Perhaps, she didn't want to offend the man, but by being that nice to a man not her husband, she is sending special invitations to marital strife.

3 Likes

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by TSOM(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2017
[b] Which Nigerian-raised male would tell his sister , cousin or aunt "I love you" as the ending remark to a call ? We'd tell them "Alright, stay cool and safe" or something close. We reserve the "I love you" for our lovers and moms. That statement is too mushy to just throw around.

5 Likes

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Sijo01(f): 6:42pm On May 10, 2017
Still trying to figure out the relationship between the title of the thread and the body undecided

2 Likes

Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Chubhie: 7:00pm On May 10, 2017
Not until those two are left unchecked perhaps in the Bahamas for a week do we get to know the true nature of the I love you.
Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 10, 2017
Sijo01:
Still trying to figure out the relationship between the title of the thread and the body undecided

I trust my relative but the caller got me troubled by telling a married woman he loves her. It might be innocent but it's strange for a Nigerian to say such. If her husband was there he may think otherwise so is the caller not a trouble maker?

You will be surprised that such a call can be the start of a bigger problem, what if I was her in-law.
Re: Trouble makers in marriages by eyinjuege: 7:52pm On May 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

I trust my relative but the caller got me troubled by telling a married woman he loves her. It might be innocent but it's strange for a Nigerian to say such. If her husband was there he may think otherwise so is the caller not a trouble maker?

You will be surprised that such a call can be the start of a bigger problem, what if I was her in-law.

Why not discuss your fears with the said aunt, and sort it out once and for all. She may actually have a reasonable explanation for the greetings.
Maybe that's how they greet themselves in their church, and the husband is privy to it and also does same to others?
Re: Trouble makers in marriages by Blissquare(f): 9:40pm On May 10, 2017
The people that cause trouble in marriage are the inlaws, the side chicks and the fake pastors/prophets. Why did u distract us? Ur aunt is causing trouble for herself by replying that way. Why do u trust this obvious trouble aunt? Can ur hubby tell a woman he loves her on phone? And u wld say he is causing trouble for the woman? Or he is seeking an occupation for himself?

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons' Wedding To Long-term Partner Toddy / Advice For Women / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Housemaid's Birthday In Style (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.