Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Take A Stand On Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take A Stand On Tuesday (1053 Views)

Photos From The APC National Caucus Meeting Held On Tuesday / Auwal Saad, A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Members On Tuesday (Pic) / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2010
Update! Nigerians march for Change Abuja Venue now published! SPEAKERS: Prof. Wole Soyinka, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, Dr. Tunde Bakare, Hon. Farouk Aliyu Adamu , Mr. Solomon Asemota (SAN), Dr. Tunji Braithwate, Hajiya Najatu Mohammed, Prof. Pat Utomi, Pastor Sarah Omakwu, Mr. Femi Falana, Hon. Olawale , Oshun, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, Mrs. Ayo Obe, Mallam Naseer Kura, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, Hon. Uche Onyeogocha etc. Abuja-NigeriaSave Nigeria Group (SNG)

C/o Suite 4, 7 & 8, Metro Plaza, Annex 8, Plot 991-992, Zakariya Maimalari, Central Business District, Abuja

Tel: 09-8706714, 07042479429

E-mail:savenaija@gmail.comDate 12th January 2010. Venue: Arrival from 9amFrom Unity Fountain, Near Transcorp Hotel, Central Business District, Abuja; terminating at the National Assembly Complex. And in London – United Kingdom on Friday 15th January 2010. 12 pm – 15:15 arrival and protest at Parliament Square SW 1P315:15 – 17:30 protest moves to Nigerian High Commission WC2N 5BX If po, See More
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by sammyzacks(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
God one. Wished I could be there.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Bokoharam: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2010
At last, we re coming close to what we need!!!
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Singular: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2010
bull sh;t
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by monkeyleg: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2010
Aisha2,

Well done for this information. We all have an opportunity now to be counted and really help our country, we must all stand up for change.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by violent(m): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2010
Good step in the right direction, i hope the moderator will stick this to the home page so that more and more people will be informed about it
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Caringpro(f): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2010
This change is long over due much more on the present ridicules the PDP government is subjecting poor Nigerians without a substantive first citizen after breeding us of all we all collective have. THERE MUST BE CHANGE COME 2011. This is a grand start.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2010
Am happy religious leaders are taking a stand and mobilizing thier congregation too
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by trueword: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2010
This protest is hopefully more than just about handing over power to Jonathan but also making it known to those fools in Abuja, that if they don't start providing for the people then their end is near.

I would not like it if after this protest, maybe Jonathan is put in, he continues with bad governance and we all just stay silent.

The current chaos in country makes it ripe for major action and force to be used to change the course of the country.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by OAM4J: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2010
Long over due.

But, better late than never.

Where is NANS and the Labour Unions in all these. Seems labour Unions are only concerned about wage increase.

Please let's all rally round this noble venture.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by oderemo(m): 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2010
its time to be squire or round.am there.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by metalgong5(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2010
Any arrangement with Yoruba people should be considered a futile exercise . .
I dont know what Ojukwu is doing there with Yoruba saboteurs . . .
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by kshow1(m): 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2010
Solidarity forever
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by oderemo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
Any arrangement with Yoruba people should be considered a futile exercise . .
I dont know what Ojukwu is doing there with Yoruba saboteurs

you r nothing but attention seeker. i hope ppl will ignore you.irritant.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by metalgong5(m): 12:20am On Jan 11, 2010
ode remo:

you r nothing but attention seeker. i hope ppl will ignore you.irritant.

What a numbskull!! . . You already gave me the attention.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf and co, why una no dey this thread a year ago?
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Gbawe: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2011
Aisha2, what you should ask the fans of Jonathan is an explanation for why virtually non of those mentioned below is behind GEJ today. Surely those who fight for Nigeria in good and bad times are far better qualified to recognise "fresh air" than the Anenih's of the World. Not so GEJ fans ?  wink The simple answer is that most progressive minded Nigerians know that GEJ is another fraudulent disciple of those who have gotten us where we are today. This is why they do not support him.

Prof. Wole Soyinka, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, Dr. Tunde Bakare, Hon. Farouk Aliyu Adamu , Mr. Solomon Asemota (SAN), Dr. Tunji Braithwate, Hajiya Najatu Mohammed, Prof. Pat Utomi, Pastor Sarah Omakwu, Mr. Femi Falana, Hon. Olawale , Oshun, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, Mrs. Ayo Obe, Mallam Naseer Kura, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, Hon. Uche Onyeogocha etc. Abuja-NigeriaSave Nigeria Group (SNG)
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 15, 2011
Gbawe:

Aisha2, what you should ask the fans of Jonathan is an explanation for why virtually non of those mentioned below is behind GEJ today. Surely those who fight for Nigeria in good and bad times are far better qualified to recognise "fresh air" than the Anenih's of the World. Not so GEJ fans ? wink The simple answer is that most progressive minded Nigerians know that GEJ is another fraudulent disciple of those who have gotten us where we are today. This is why they do not support him.

Help me ask them oh Gbawe. The same men that got him and kept him in that dark situation are now his godfathers and twin brothers? Is that an honest man? Is that a man who knows what he is doing?
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Gbawe: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2011
aisha2:

Help me ask them oh Gbawe. The same men that got him and kept him in that dark situation are now his godfathers and twin brothers? Is that an honest man? Is that a man who knows what he is doing?

My sister, Yuguda was a very active member of the cabal doing everything possible to prevent GEJ from being sworn in as acting President while Yar Adua was comatose in Saudi Arabia. Today , Yuguda is a campaign coordinator for Jonathan !!! This is why GEJ leaves such a bad taste in the mouth of many Nigerians currently . They supported him before but have now seen , from numerous actions , that he is "more of the same" i.e another callous opportunist seeking power for selfish reasons rather than because of a desire to gain power and use it sincerely to move Nigeria forward. The man has failed woefully as substantive President . F9 would not suffice . A new grade recognising the monumental failure of GEJ would have to be created. grin
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2011
Gbawe:

My sister, Yuguda was a very active member of the cabal doing everything possible to prevent GEJ from being sworn in as acting President while Yar Adua was comatose in Saudi Arabia. Today , Yuguda is a campaign coordinator for Jonathan !!! This is why GEJ leaves such a bad taste in the mouth of many Nigerians currently . They supported him before but have now seen , from numerous actions , that he is "more of the same" i.e another callous opportunist seeking power for selfish reasons rather than because of a desire to gain power and use it sincerely to move Nigeria forward. The man has failed woefully as substantive President . F9 would not suffice . A new grade recognising the monumental failure of GEJ would have to be created. grin
You are even going far. What about his own Governor who flately said Goodluck cannt become president on national Tv, I remember then only Fashola, Oshimole, Babagida Aliyu of Niger (who was even insulted once while Praying) and Sule lamido supported him. Remember Governors forum meeting after meeting coming out in full support of the late President, clearly telling us what we failed to see that Goodluck was clueless.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by sheriffman(m): 10:49am On Mar 15, 2011
If U r in that place pls be there to lend ur support.A new Nigeria is possible.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Beaf: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2011
aisha2:

Beaf and co, why una no dey this thread a year ago?

I have an ideology. What is yours?
Every word I utter on NL is backed by that ideology, not on whimsy things like Buhari's wifes beauty. I chose GEJ from the time of the Yar Adua saga, and I have stuck to my guns. Some of you claiming to have been GEJ's supporters never ever were (eg Gbawe), but were cabal, zoning and Yar Adua cheerleaders; promoters of decay.

My dream for Nigeria is one where we have freedom of speech, garantee of human rights, equity, justice and fairplay. Things that can only come with true federalism and empowering of the private sector as an engine for growth and development. Rapid development has already taken place in some of these areas in GEJ's brief 9 months at the helm. The man is quiet, but his vison is comprehensive.

Politics is practical business and Nigeria is a very disparate country with a low literacy, where even the educated fall victim to rumour and hearsay. Some say GEJ has not been active, but thats just street banter. The man is the quiet type that doesn't scream his acheivements.
There has been tremendous movement in power supply, fuel supply, the dredging of the Niger has been concluded; despite powerful opposition from Nigeria's owners (the likes of Shell and Chevron), the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) is gaining heavy traction; contrary to the rumour mill, Nigeria's external Reserves have grown, in the last two weeks it did so by a staggering $2billion added.

Because of GEJ's freedom and human rights stance, political opponents like Ribadu were once in exile, but are as free as you and I, they can even contest for the highest position in the land. The FOI bill has been passed in the lower house and is sure to be passed by the Senate.

For the first time in Nigeria's history, govt will set aside 1% of GDP for Research and Development grants to the private and public sectors. I could go on and and on. . .

Nigeria's future is bright with GEJ.

[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by violent(m): 11:20am On Mar 15, 2011
^^

Fresh Biscuits you mean?
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf:

I have an ideology. What is yours?
Every word I utter on NL is backed by that ideology, not on whimsy things like Buhari's wifes beauty. I chose GEJ from the time of the Yar Adua saga, and I have stuck to my guns. S[b]ome of you claiming to have been GEJ's supporters never ever were (eg Gbawe), but were cabal, zoning and Yar Adua cheerleaders; promoters of decay.
[/b]
My dream for Nigeria is one where we have freedom of speech, garantee of human rights, equity, justice and fairplay. Things that can only come with true federalism and empowering of the private sector as an engine for growth and development. Rapid development has already taken place in some of these areas in GEJ's brief 9 months at the helm. The man is quiet, but his vison is comprehensive.

Politics is practical business and Nigeria is a very disparate country with a low literacy, where even the educated fall victim to rumour and hearsay. Some say GEJ has not been active, but thats just street banter. The man is the quiet type that doesn't scream his acheivements.
There has been tremendous movement in power supply, fuel supply, the dredging of the Niger has been concluded; despite powerful opposition from Nigeria's owners (the likes of Shell and Chevron), the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) is gaining heavy traction; contrary to the rumour mill, Nigeria's external Reserves have grown, in the last two weeks it did so by a staggering $2billion added.

Because of GEJ's freedom and human rights stance, political opponents like Ribadu were once in exile, but are as free as you and I, they can even contest for the highest position in the land. The FOI bill has been passed in the lower house and is sure to be passed by the Senate.

For the first time in Nigeria's history, govt will set aside 1% of GDP for Research and Development grants to the private and public sectors. I could go on and and on. . .

Nigeria's future is bright with GEJ.

[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Okay so i was supporting the cabal while spending my time, money and standing under the sun marching for hours, defied policemen threatened with a gun and a baton all so Yardua can remain in power even though he was too sick. I also was supoorting YarAdua when i took people to go and see Gowon to advocate for his support. Yes i must be one heck of a double agaent, so is bakare, Adamu Faruk and Soyinka who at age 70 marched from unity fountain to eagle square
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Beaf: 11:37am On Mar 15, 2011
aisha2:

Okay so i was supporting the cabal while spending my time, money and standing under the sun marching for hours, defied policemen threatened with a gun and a baton all so Yardua can remain in power even though he was too sick. I also was supoorting YarAdua when i took people to go and see Gowon to advocate for his support. Yes i must be one heck of a double agaent, so is bakare, Adamu Faruk and Soyinka who at age 70 marched from unity fountain to eagle square

Do you want to take on the burden of the "some of you" that I mentioned? Stop picking a fight where there is none.

At the time you worked hard for SNG, but it was all idealistic. In fact, you almost convinced me, but I know Tunde Bakare rather well (you will notice that all my posts on him have been very consistent). I also looked at the SNG and was totally unconvinced by Yinka Odumakin.

The only convincing top people in SNG were the likes of Wole Soyinka and Tunji Olurin. They have since turned their backs on all vestiges of the organisation, Bakare used them all.
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf:

Do you want to take on the burden of the "some of you" that I mentioned? Stop picking a fight where there is none.

At the time you worked hard for SNG, but it was all idealistic. In fact, you almost convinced me, but I know Tunde Bakare rather well (you will notice that all my posts on him have been very consistent). I also looked at the SNG and was totally unconvinced by Yinka Odumakin.

The only convincing top people in SNG were the likes of Wole Soyinka and Tunji Olurin. They have since turned their backs on all vestiges of the organisation, Bakare used them all.
Dont make me laugh, anyway why do i even bother?
Re: Take A Stand On Tuesday by OAM4J: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
I was thinking about this period yesterday, then I remembered Donald Duke, that man saw today yesterday.

He saw how spineless and clueless Jonathan was and told him to his face that even as a VP with the delegated powers of Yara'sick, he was indecisive.

We kept on blaming a cabal, not knowing that GEJ was dumber than dumb himself. . . Today also Kobojunkie has become a prophet/ess.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb On Firing Squad At 'one-man-one-vote' Rally / 20,000 Nigerians Languish In Uk Prisons, Says Immigration Lawyer / Is There Another Governorship Elections In Delta State In 3 Months Time ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.