Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! (1601 Views)

Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer / Why Do Self Taught Programmers Over Exaggerate / Will You Be Losing Your Job In 2017?? Reboot Is For You.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 10, 2017
I was applying for a Java Developer job in Victoria Island, I was asked
1. Differentiate non static methods from static methods and when I should use them.

2. Explain why ArrayList class is useful?

3. Json or Xml, whichever option, why do I prefer it.

these are what I could remember, guys share yours
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by nnasino(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2017
Nice thread.

I was asked:

1. Differentiate between interfaces and abstract classes

2. What kind of data structures I knew

3. What kind of algorithm I would use if i was searching a data set of a million keys. Also had to explain how it worked.

4. What kind of data structure i would use if i wanted to store a large data set

5. What design patterns I knew. Asked some follow up questions on what problems come up when using the design pattern (singleton) and how the problems could be mitigated.

That's what i can remember.

More experiences guys

2 Likes

Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 12, 2017
nnasino:
Nice thread.

I was asked:

3. What kind of algorithm I would use if i was searching a data set of a million keys. Also had to explain how it worked.

4. What kind of data structure i would use if i wanted to store a large data set

5. What design patterns I knew. Asked some follow up questions on what problems come up when using the design pattern (singleton) and how the problems could be mitigated.

More experiences guys

thanks boss. Mehn that's hot seat indeed.. truth be told I could answer only question 1 n 2. lol

1 Like

Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by mach98(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2017
nnasino:
Nice thread.

I was asked:

More experiences guys

Hahaha! No shaking, these are basics people ought to know about grin
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by SetrakusRa(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2017
Nice thread.. Pls more.
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by ZEPHYREN(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2017
nice thread I'm following
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by venex(f): 7:10pm On May 15, 2017
With the developments going on in Lagos State, thanks to Governor Ambode, the goal of making Lagos State a smart city would be achieved very soon.

The latest being the launch of free public Wi-Fi project at parks and gardens in Lagos in partnership with MainOne. (Who doesn't love free wifi). Last week, one of the already completed public WiFi at the Ndubuisi Kanu Park in Alausa, Ikeja was unveiled. This initiative was kick-started at the popular Ndubisi Kanu Park, Alausa, Ikeja, and is part of activities organised by the State Government to commemorate Lagos State's 50th anniversary.

Read More Here
https:///oSlWGZ
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ezechinwa:
I was applying for a Java Developer job in Victoria Island, I was asked
1. Differentiate non static methods from static methods and when I should use them.

2. Explain why ArrayList class is useful?

3. Json or Xml, whichever option, why do I prefer it.

these are what I could remember, guys share yours
hope you were able to secure the job
Re: Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience! by ekehopp2: 9:32am On Apr 03
Still a newbie in the game, But here are some from my 4 earliest opportunities.
Role: Front End Web Development

-How would you implement Role-Based Access Control on a school website.
-What is the meaning of a 404 error code on a website?
-What is the response from a Fetch API call ?
-Do you know Object oriented programming?
-Are you familiar with design patterns?
-How do you typically debug your code?

(1) (Reply)

Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey / I Need Mobile App / Why Success Is Far From Most Nigerian Programers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.